It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Salem, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Salem
- Kent's InsulatingIt was excellent! The gentleman that did it, I highly recommend him. He was on time, done within a couple of hours, friendly, explained everything, and cleaned up after himself.
- Kent's InsulatingI like Steve, he knows his stuff, gave a quote and stuck to it, was on time and courteous. Steve was on time, got the job done, explained how it all works, and was gone.
- Kent's InsulatingSteve Jones was able to respond the same day. He did a complete inspection of the entire system and was able to recommend fixing the system versus replacing it. A huge savings to me. Extremely professional and very quick. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an honest craftsman!
- Hall's Garage DoorsI called late afternoon and they were out before noon the next day. The repairman had everything needed on his truck and was able to do the repair quickly. It's a good idea to send them some pictures of what your setup looks like (especially if you have older doors, like I did) so that they can make sure they've got the correct parts when they come out. Would definitely use Hall's again
- Hall's Garage DoorsThey were quick to return our call, came within a couple of days and were on time. Very happy with them
- Hometown Garage DoorsThey came out the same day, identified the issues, had parts on the truck, and fixed the door, all in one visit. A competitor's site said they could do do it in one day since they carried parts while others did not, but they couldn't even get to my house for three days.
- Hall's Garage DoorsIt was easy to get an estimate and we were told it would take about 3 weeks to get the door and install it. After 4 weeks I called and was informed the supplier was having production issues but they hoped it would arrive the next week. It did and they installed it the next day, but that was over 2 weeks later than anticipated. The 2 person installation crew was super and did a great job
- Hall's Garage DoorsWe have a 1950s vintage home. The heavy manual lift-up garage door used two metal tracks with rollers, cables and pullies, and metal springs to open. One of the springs snapped and jammed the door. We went looking for a garage door service for the needed repairs, and found Hall's on Angie's List. We checked the BBB as well and Hall's website, and the company appeared established and reputable. I called and spoke with Terry Millirons, who was very down-to-earth easy to talk to, and though it was a Friday and late in the day, he took the time needed to understand the type of door and the problem we had. I asked what it would cost for the needed repair and he indicated about $55.00 for the replacement springs and $90.00 for the labor. I felt this was reasonable and we set a date for the the following week for the repair, which was to be done by one of their works named Jamie. Jamie arrived the day and at the time we expected. Jamie told us about the options for repairing the doors, including replacing the springs as we had discussed with Terry and some other options. One option involved installing a tortion spring assembly. This was more expensive but my wife and I thought this would be more suitable, so we went with that. There was no pressure on us, and Jamie was prepared to make whichever repair we chose. He indicated a $210.00 price, to which we were agreeable and he went to work on the door. It took longer to repair due to the construction of our garage and where the framing was located for anchoring the parts. Once finished, the door worked well and easily. With us satisfied with the job, Jamie collected his tools and materials, cleaned up and said they'd send us the bill. It arrived a few days later and was for the agreed-on $210.00 plus $6.00 tax. Again, the repair had taken about twice as long as anticipated, but Hall's had charged the agreed-on price. So, we were very satisfied with the service, and continue to be with the door's operation. If we consider replacing the door in the future with a motorized remote control door, we will certainly consider Hall's for the job
- LowesEverything was fine; there was no problem. The price was great; it was better than other prices I got.
- BRADSHAW CUSTOM WORKS INCJohn Bradshaw is a contractor and he can do just about anything. He is an independent contractor. He has a contractor's license. He is fantastic. We recommend him to all of our clients who ask us to give them a referral and they love him. He stops and he listens to you. We had another contractor come out here and look at our daughter's windows. She is in a wheelchair. It's a bay window and we wanted to fix the window where she could actually reach the windows, close them and see out of them. That contractor gave us a ridiculous price and said that he would put new windows in. However, John came out, looked at it and said that he could do it. He said that there can be a little addition made on the floor so that our daughter can roll her wheelchair right up to the window and open it herself. Nobody else thought of that. John is going to do that job for us next spring.. The new garage doors look nice and we love them. It cost us about $800 for the last service. We had a sunken living room when we first moved here. A sunken living room doesn't work for wheelchairs so we asked John to help us. He knocked it out and worked on the living room to make it level. The work done by him actually made the house stronger because it wasn't well built. We raised it up so that we had a level living room and he put our hardwood floors in. If you have a cabinet in your kitchen that has been there for 80 years and if you want to get rid of it by having one on the other side to match it, he can do it. He subcontracts the big jobs or things that would have to be inspected. He hires really good people to do it. He also subcontracts for anything that goes into the electrical box because of the inspection. John is excellent. Sometimes, you have to wait for months for him to get around to you because he is all by himself, but he is worth the wait. His prices are very reasonable. I painted the trim after we finished all the garage door stuff and we worked alongside pretty much. His responsiveness is the best. You may have to wait for him because he has a lot of commitments. If he says that he will be here at 7:30 in the morning, he will be here at 7:25. We would use his services again
Garage Door Companies in Salem
- Business Description:Give us a call today for your Garage Door needs!Recent Review:It was particularly excellent. MR Jones he came back because the door is not perfectly squared and he took it for 45 minutes. I was impressed with everybody and the price lower from the original quote. They were very honest and I will use them again in a heartbeaBruce P.
- Business Description:We offer full service for your garage door needs including Residential and Commercial Sales and Service. We have Showrooms/Warehouses in Christiansburg (540-382-6833) and Salem (540-366-7484).Recent Review:I called late afternoon and they were out before noon the next day. The repairman had everything needed on his truck and was able to do the repair quickly. It's a good idea to send them some pictures of what your setup looks like (especially if you have older doors, like I did) so that they can make sure they've got the correct parts when they come out. Would definitely use Hall's againBrian R.
- Business Description:At Remodel USA Inc.we are completely dedicated to meeting the expectations of our customers. One of the ways we ensure customer satisfaction is by maintaining our distinctive attention to detail while minimizing our installation time. For example, we can finish a complete bathroom remodel in only about 5-10 days, limiting the disruption to your schedule. We can also customize our services to meet your unique requirements,whether we're designing the ideal kitchen layout for your home or walkin..Recent Review:Pre-work consultation was excellentNicole E.
- Business Description:SERVICE AREA CONT: MONTGOMERY, PITTSYLVANIA & ROANOKE COUNTIES & POR OF SALEM.Recent Review:Unfortunately, we were told they would not come since we only had 1 window (at this time) with problems, but they had a two window minimum. What happened to the old days when companies were hungry for business? If 1 window needs to be replaced, doesn't it make since that others (dues to age) will follow and would we not call them back if they did a good jobW. B.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes.Recent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:I have 25 years experience in remodeling homes. I love what I do. I will always do a great job for you. I can do anything you need done in your home. I'm always very good at electrical. I will come in and hang ceiling fans, replace receptacles etc. I'm an honest and reliable person. No job to big for us! The pictures that are posted are jobs they we have started and completedRecent Review:Took 1000. Of deposit and never produced the new door. Never came back to do the work. We have found out he is in jail on drug charges and non completion of work. Will have to sue for damages - ANGIE’s LIST sent this person hereSusie H.
- Business Description:Small Business Owner-Run Remodeling Company. 25 years Experience.
- Business Description:BT Home Improvements, LLC gives free estimates. We give exceptional customer service and provide a one year warranty on material and labor for work preformed. We work hard to keep a positive relationship because we want return business
- Business Description:At Deels Handyman Services LLC we provide quality work at working mans prices. We strive to make the customer happy. We will go above and beyond to help out and get it done right. If your looking for someone To candycoat the problem were not for you we are a honest hardworking family we will tell you honestly what the problem is and how we can help. Never will we try to sell u something you don't need or go a route we need not go
- Business Description:22 years in business in Roanoke,Va. Same location. Many references by local businesses and homeowners.We work in surronding cities as far away as Danville and Charlottesville.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A garage door is for more than just curb appeal—it’s also a major entry point and becomes a security weakness when broken. Don’t let your garage door fall into disrepair. Find out the average garage door repair cost and keep your home stylish and safe.
Regular maintenance is crucial to ensuring that your garage door is in great shape. Luckily, this can be a breeze. Use our top tips to maintain a garage door to keep everything running smoothly and safely for years to come.
Find garage door companies in
- Cave Spring
- Poages Mill
- Bent Mountain
- Boones Mill
- Blue Ridge
- New Castle
- Copper Hill
garage door companies in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Extreme CleanerzPo box 817
- Extreme Cleanerz
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.1481 Little Timber Ridge
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.
- Kent's Insulating5454 Aerospace Rd
- Kent's Insulating
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.PO Box 115
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.
- Professional Door Inc464 Cleburne Blvd
- Professional Door Inc
- Remodel USA605 Hampton Park Blvd
Capitol Heights, Maryland
- Remodel USA
- Vista Windows & Doors1014 River Ave. SE
- Vista Windows & Doors