When installing a garage door opener, you need to consider the type, horsepower, any accessories you want, and whether you should DIY it or hire a pro. This guide will help you determine the true cost of installing garage door openers.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Salem, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Salem
- Kent's InsulatingIt was excellent! The gentleman that did it, I highly recommend him. He was on time, done within a couple of hours, friendly, explained everything, and cleaned up after himself.
- Kent's InsulatingI like Steve, he knows his stuff, gave a quote and stuck to it, was on time and courteous. Steve was on time, got the job done, explained how it all works, and was gone.
- Kent's InsulatingSteve Jones was able to respond the same day. He did a complete inspection of the entire system and was able to recommend fixing the system versus replacing it. A huge savings to me. Extremely professional and very quick. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for an honest craftsman!
- Hall's Garage DoorsI called late afternoon and they were out before noon the next day. The repairman had everything needed on his truck and was able to do the repair quickly. It's a good idea to send them some pictures of what your setup looks like (especially if you have older doors, like I did) so that they can make sure they've got the correct parts when they come out. Would definitely use Hall's again read less
- Hall's Garage DoorsThey were quick to return our call, came within a couple of days and were on time. Very happy with them
- Hometown Garage DoorsThey came out the same day, identified the issues, had parts on the truck, and fixed the door, all in one visit. A competitor's site said they could do do it in one day since they carried parts while others did not, but they couldn't even get to my house for three days.
- Hall's Garage DoorsIt was easy to get an estimate and we were told it would take about 3 weeks to get the door and install it. After 4 weeks I called and was informed the supplier was having production issues but they hoped it would arrive the next week. It did and they installed it the next day, but that was over 2 weeks later than anticipated. The 2 person installation crew was super and did a great job read less
- Hall's Garage DoorsThe garage door "Torquemaster" torsion spring on our eight year old Wayne Dalton door finally gave out. After checking Angie's List (of course!) and Googling for recommended local area businesses we called a few for quotes and recommendations and found that the unique design of the original spring makes it harder to find and ultimately more costly to replace using OEM parts. As suggested by Hall's and the others, the economical solution was to go with a universal spring conversion to a conventional torsion spring set up, which though not as eye appealing as the original, would yield many years of reliable service and be easier to service and repair in the long run. Preferring to always keep our business local when possible, after some follow-up calls to verify pricing, we chose Hall's Garage Doors (through their Salem office) who were able to set up an appointment to install it the very next day. It should be noted that the Hall's quote pricing was less than half that of the other so-called "hometown" garage door outfits we solicited...for the exact same work and universal spring kit. The Hall's installer/technician was on time, very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable and with his expertise, the installation itself was a breeze and was completed in less than an hour (even with us interrupting him to ask typical homeowner questions!). After performing some maintenance checks on both the door and opener, he efficiently cleaned up and took away the old parts. Lastly, he let us know that everything was in great working condition, that they would be sending us out an invoice for payment (still a nice touch in this day and age) and once again thanking us for our business. It couldn't have gone any smoother and we truly appreciate their honest upfront professional business approach...it's refreshing and seldom seen anymore. We highly recommend them for any garage door related work read less
- Dixie Building Products IncProvider suggested products that were within our reach, against higher priced ones He gave suggestions for self installation. Including safety check of existing chemney (I have had experiance working with Propane) Offered to have someone come out and check unit before lighting up.
- Hall's Garage DoorsCalled for noisy and sagging chain on garage door opener. Scheduled for following day; on time, quickly identified issue, made adjustments and works great. Would not hesitate to use again for repair or new garage doors.
Garage Door Companies in Salem
- Business Description:Give us a call today for your Garage Door needs!Recent Review:It was particularly excellent. MR Jones he came back because the door is not perfectly squared and he took it for 45 minutes. I was impressed with everybody and the price lower from the original quote. They were very honest and I will use them again in a heartbea read lessBruce P.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a.. read lessRecent Review:Very good, the repairman was about 10 minutes early, he checked the unit out and made us very happy when he left. I've already recommended he to a friend.Robert F.
- Business Description:We offer full service for your garage door needs including Residential and Commercial Sales and Service. We have Showrooms/Warehouses in Christiansburg (540-382-6833) and Salem (540-366-7484).Recent Review:I called late afternoon and they were out before noon the next day. The repairman had everything needed on his truck and was able to do the repair quickly. It's a good idea to send them some pictures of what your setup looks like (especially if you have older doors, like I did) so that they can make sure they've got the correct parts when they come out. Would definitely use Hall's again read lessBrian R.
- Business Description:At Remodel USA Inc.we are completely dedicated to meeting the expectations of our customers. One of the ways we ensure customer satisfaction is by maintaining our distinctive attention to detail while minimizing our installation time. For example, we can finish a complete bathroom remodel in only about 5-10 days, limiting the disruption to your schedule. We can also customize our services to meet your unique requirements,whether we're designing the ideal kitchen layout for your home or walkin.. read lessRecent Review:Pre-work consultation was excellentNicole E.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes. read lessRecent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:SERVICE AREA CONT: MONTGOMERY, PITTSYLVANIA & ROANOKE COUNTIES & POR OF SALEM.Recent Review:Unfortunately, we were told they would not come since we only had 1 window (at this time) with problems, but they had a two window minimum. What happened to the old days when companies were hungry for business? If 1 window needs to be replaced, doesn't it make since that others (dues to age) will follow and would we not call them back if they did a good job read lessW. B.
- Business Description:I have 25 years experience in remodeling homes. I love what I do. I will always do a great job for you. I can do anything you need done in your home. I'm always very good at electrical. I will come in and hang ceiling fans, replace receptacles etc. I'm an honest and reliable person. No job to big for us! The pictures that are posted are jobs they we have started and completed read lessRecent Review:Took 1000. Of deposit and never produced the new door. Never came back to do the work. We have found out he is in jail on drug charges and non completion of work. Will have to sue for damages - ANGIE’s LIST sent this person here read lessSusie H.
- Business Description:We specialize in commercial and residential construction, ranging from new construction work to a remodel. As well as small handyman repair jobs of all kids. I promise you there is just about nothing that we can not do to help serve you in some way. We currently have 5 employees, and 2 separate crews and growing. We sub- contract out some of our work to the best quality companies around that we know on a personal level. Call us today for more information or any questions you may have, we w.. read lessRecent Review:Our deck design and construction went very well. The owner "overengineered" the construction for a high level of strength and stability. They used edging boards throughout to avoid having board ends on edges. The owner also worked very well with me in designing a tricky part of the deck/pergola interface and in determining the best way to combine our choice of slanted deck boards and minimizing waste. There was no argument when I realized we'd made one error in design. They just removed part of the deck and rebuilt it in the better way. The photo shows the completed deck as they continue to work putting the skirt underneath read lessEdgar K.
- Business Description:JMS Builders & Developers is a Class A General Contractor located in Buchanan, Virginia. The company was founded in 1978. Since inception JMS has built well over 200 custom homes along with a portfolio of commercial projects. At JMS, we believe quality is a top priority and we guarantee our work. We work closely with our suppliers, sub-contractors, and other partners to ensure delivery of a beautiful finished product read less
- Business Description:Your Remodel Hero!
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A new garage is something many homeowners wish for, but the undertaking requires a fair amount of prep work. Learn what you need to plan for, such as ventilation, insulation, usage, and zoning laws. Use these tips when planning your new garage build.
Hiring a company to transport a vehicle can be a great option if you're moving to the other side of the country. Here's how much you can expect to pay.
Find garage door companies in
- Poages Mill
- Cave Spring
- Bent Mountain
- Boones Mill
- Blue Ridge
- New Castle
- Copper Hill
garage door companies in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Extreme CleanerzPo box 817
- Extreme Cleanerz
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.1481 Little Timber Ridge
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.
- Kent's Insulating5454 Aerospace Rd
- Kent's Insulating
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.PO Box 115
- M.A. Turner Construction Inc.
- Professional Door Inc464 Cleburne Blvd
- Professional Door Inc
- Remodel USA605 Hampton Park Blvd
Capitol Heights, Maryland
- Remodel USA
- Vista Windows & Doors1014 River Ave. SE
- Vista Windows & Doors