Classic Plumbing Solutions

Founded 1980 • With Angi since May 2008

We are the plumbers for you if you care about your home, your family and your property. All technicians are drug tested, background checked and professionally trained so we will respect your family and your time. The cost of your job is given up front and you authorize what you want to be done . Financing is available and we have "Crazy Good" Warranties unlike any other local company. As a member of our Diamond Club(TM) we'll help you eliminate emergency plumbing problems and give you priority service 24/7. And we'll show up clean and smelling good in our warehouse on wheels stocked with thousands of parts so we can save you time and money....

3.8

plumbers (72)water heaters (16)drain cleaning (9)drain pipe installation (3)sewer cleaning (1)well & water pump repair (1)

06/09/2022

Peggy R.

Issue: water backed up in laundry room floor and downstairs bathroom commode bubbling noise when two showers were running at the same time. Anthony performed a drain vision procedure determined the possible need to replace pipes due to age, the dirt settling, small roots, grease, soap, garbage disposal, etc. A second test by Jason via drain vision for further analysis. No obstruction however, determined narrowing could continue to be an issue over time. Both Anthony and Jason are very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Solution for slow main line sewer drainage.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 06/09/2022

01/26/2022

Ron L.

Great communication with dispatch to schedule work and notify me of tech’s departure and expected arrival. Jason showed up with his apprentice on time. I explained the work I wanted done and he gave me pricing before beginning work on my 12 year old 80 gallon tank. I asked him to drain the tank, check the heating elements and thermostats and replace the anode rod. He completed the work to my satisfaction and answered all my questions. Should be good for another 5 years.

Description of Work
Preventive Maintenance on water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/26/2022

Thank you for the review! Your complete confidence & satisfaction is our goal. Blessings!

06/16/2020

Mary V.

Received a call that Anthony had finished previous job early and could come early if that suited my schedule. It did and he arrived about one hour before the time window given. After looking at the current installation he explained possible complications due to current toilet installation. Gave estimate if all went well and said if things were not installed using today’s methods (house is 70 years old), it would be a much bigger job and would need to be rescheduled for a full day. Fortunately all was ok when toilet was removed. He left, job completed, twenty minutes after the beginning of the original time window. I am very pleased with the service and work!

Description of Work
Replace toilet whose tank had cracked

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

05/21/2020

Christina R.

It went really well. The company called me to let me know when service man was on his way. He arrived on time. Did a quick inspection and even though my hot water heater is 13 years old he said it’s in good working condition and advised of the pros/cons of having it flushed now. I may be able to get more good years out of it! I think other businesses would have just tried to get me to replace it to get the extra $. Thanks!

Description of Work
Hot water heater inspection

Work Completed On 05/21/2020

04/01/2019

Joanne H.

My water went out on a Thursday morning. I got Classic plumbing off of Angie’s list called them first thing when they opened. They had someone at my house by 11:30 that same day. It was decided that since my water pump was working intermittedly they would start work the next day since it would be an all day job. I was lucky and had water the rest of that day. They came the next day. Amazingly I got a call from the office advising me that they were gathering equipment and would be a half hour later. Never has anyone called me like that when later then expected. They just show up late! The office staff were wonderful. The crew came and worked all day long . This was a job where there were major obstacles and they never gave up. Worked till dark and could not work anymore. I needed not only a water pump but the electric wire to inside box was bad. Impossible to fix that day but were back on Sat morning and put a new wire from pump to inside so I would have water over the weekend. On Monday they were back and worked all day to bury wire and finish the job.They encountered multiple problems because my system was 35 years old. They were so nice and never complained . I thought for the work they did the price was really fair. Worked 2 and a half days. I paid $5450.00. Got new pump new casing new electric boxes switches wire and they worked hard for 2 and one half days. I thought it was more than fair. They gave me discount for Angie’s list which other Plummer companies did not offer. I will need a hot water heater in the future and definitely will get them to do.

Description of Work
Well pump replacement

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

08/24/2017

Jerry R.

Paid $80 to diagnose Water Pressure Problem. Two Professional Plumbers came out Jason and David said my problem would lead to no water due to a leak in the pipes somewhere or Problem in Well. To Start $2,200 to check the well but if I agreed the same day only $1,200. If not a problem in the well they said it could cost as much as $20,000 in digging up pipe lines. Well I got a second opinion. When Culligan Man Came out at no charge he turned the Bypass Valve on my Filter system and all of the sudden I had perfect water pressure. When I called this Company Classic Plumbing Solutions and Spoke with Lisa about this either Mistake or Scam she told me someone would call me back. A week later still no call back after calling on a daily basis. I say it was a Scam now. Apparently this Christian/Family Business is on Christian when you are giving them your money for their family. My Name is Jerry Russo in Craig County jc17fireman@gmail.com. S

Description of Work
Paid $80 to diagnose Water Pressure Problem. Two Professional Plumbers came out Jason and David said my problem would lead to no water due to a leak in the pipes somewhere or Problem in Well. To Start $2,200 to check the well but if I agreed the same day only $1,200. If not a problem in the well they said it could cost as much as $20,000 in digging up pipe lines. Well I got a second opinion. When Culligan Man Came out at no charge he turned the Bypass Valve on my Filter system and all of the sudden I had perfect water pressure. When I called this Company Classic Plumbing Solutions and Spoke with Lisa about this either Mistake or Scam she told me someone would call me back. A week later still no call back after calling on a daily basis. I say it was a Scam now.. Apparently this Christian/Family Business is on Christian when you are giving them your money for their family. My Name is Jerry Russo in Craig County

Work Completed On 08/24/2017

Review for Classic Plumbing Solutions - 923 Florida St, Salem, VA - 36106450

08/09/2017

William C.

My kitchen sink disposal was running extremely slow, both sides of sink were filling up. I contacted Classic Plumbing Solutions, they came out the next day, promptly. The technician, Anthony, was professional and knowledgeable. He listened to my concerns and gave his recommendation, the time allowance needed and the cost. He gave a $25 discount for my military service. He completed the job in a timely manner and cleaned up thoroughly. I am pleased with the result, my sink drains like new. Thank you, William Calareso

Description of Work
drain sink and garbage disposal

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

Thank you for letting others know about your experience with us! And thank you, Sir, for your service to God and our great country. We can do what we do because of your sacrifice. God bless.

07/12/2017

Eileen B.

Technician Investigated the problem, then told us it would cost $1100 to $1800 to order parts and fix OR $3800 to install a new one. Then charged $150 for service call. We were dumbfounded at the price so called another Plumber for verification. The 2nd Plumber found the problem, fixed it, and charged only $80.00. BTW, the most expensive gas water heater at Lowe's costs $600.00

Description of Work
Gas Water heater was not working.

Work Completed On 07/03/2017

03/02/2017

betty R.

Do not call this company unless you have DEEP pockets. Classic sent out one plumber who first replaced the trap which was not the problem and did not need to be replaced. He routed down the drain, still could not get it to drain, and told me that the pipes underneath in the basement had to be replaced. He was here approx. 3 hours and I was charged $384. When asked how much that process would cost to replace the pipes (approx 3 feet), he said that he could not estimate the service and someone else would have to come out. He left and the sink still not draining. I called Classic to get someone to come out for an estimate and they did respond. Their estimate for the pipe replacement and labor was $1228 minus 50% off discount for the first service call, a final total of $1053. I then called a second plumbing company in Roanoke (A* rated by BBB) and their estimate was $345 for the same service. Needless to say, I chose the second company who came on time and completed the same job in one hour. I am a senior citizen and felt that I had been ripped off. I did talk with the owner of Classic by phone after the first call about the cost and felt the owner was very rude. Classic's total, counting the first call would have been almost $1400 whereas if I had called the other company first, my total would have been only $345. This is a big difference!

Description of Work
Bathroom sink was not draining.

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

We have worked for [Member Name Removed] since 2008. On this call there was a disagreement with the course of action the Technician took to attempt to remedy the clog (which was to remove the trap) on a sink that had not been used for about a year & also with the recommendation on how to solve the problem (replace/repipe the galvanized drain line into the basement). We regret that we were unable to communicate more effectively how our recommendations could help solve this problem permanently. I personally regret, as the owner, that she felt I was "very rude" as that is never my intention. It is our intention to practice our art as plumbers with such honesty, integrity and skill that our customers are thrilled to call us their plumber and confident to recommend us to everyone they know.

12/05/2016

Carol S.

Office staff is great. On first name basis. They are quick to fit you in. Plumbers are very knowledgeable and do honest work. We joined their warranty club so they will fit us in quicker.

Description of Work
Fixed our kitchen faucet. Have done other jobs as well as fixing laundry faucet, replace faucet in tub, re sat our toilet, better piping for drainage in back yard. Many items. Will put expansion tank on hot water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

11/21/2016

Carole E.

very well/prompt/neatly done/much more functional now

Description of Work
out door water pipe leak

Work Completed On 08/30/2016

10/22/2016

Teresa L.

Pricing was not competitive on the dishwasher. 3x the cost of having the box store do it. The box store came and did it in an hour. Reason given for substantial cost was insurance coverage. High price given for repair of tub and faucet. Plumber did not properly assess how to access the pipes and therefore quoted a price that would have required hours of labor and tearing out my bathroom - $1340. Once he left, I was able to remove shelfing behing the tub within 15 minutes to expose all of the pipes and to make them easily accessible. I called to ask him to return to look at what needed to be done and if cost would be less. Price was still high and they have yet to return my call. Another plumber came and will be doing the job for $125 whereas this company's plumber proposed a bit over $300. Not impressed at all. A waste of $59 for a visit that resulted in an overpriced bid and nothing done.

Description of Work
I needed three jobs done - dishwasher removed and installed, outside faucet fixed (stripped knob) and faucet of tub reattached.

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

10/21/2016

Saerom A.

called about 6 times, Lady rude on the phone, refused to service a rental home.

Description of Work
plumbing and water leak issues

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

07/07/2016

Keith W B.

I called for an installation of a new dishwasher. I stupidly did not ask how much it would cost. (I figured 300-450.00 I had the dishwasher delivered and was sitting on a pallet in the middle of my kitchen. When Classic Plumbing got there he told me the price was $900.00!!! I had no choice but to proceed. (I really didn't. Old dishwasher stopped completely. This newly delivered dishwasher was sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor. Shame on me for not asking, BUT SHAME ON THEM FOR CHARGING $900.00 to install a dishwasher.

Description of Work
Dishwasher Installation

Work Completed On 07/07/2016

06/20/2016

Keith W B.

The install went fine. ?The installer?was on time,?super-nice and knew his craft. ? BUT I'm really angry over the price charged! ?When I called to make the appointment, I told them it was for a dishwasher installation. ?There was never a price offered. ?(Shame on me for not asking.) ? I didn't worry about at the time, because I had anticipated $300-400.00 When he arrived he looked under the sink and told me that the cheap plastic tubing that came with the house, (he didn't say cheap. I did), would have to be replaced. ?He used other plastic piping. ?He DID tell me the price before starting. ?So I can't fault the installer. ?No one forced me to go ahead. ?But I had this new dishwasher sitting on a pallet in the middle of my kitchen floor, and I had already took the day off from work. The work was flawlessly executed;? Neat, clean, no issues what-so-ever. ?And still happy with it the job. ?Just NOT the price charged. ??There was no reason for that install to be $900.00 So why did I say above that I would use them again? ?Because of the number of positive reviews and overall rating on this site. They also guarantee their work 100% for 2 years! ?? So yes, I will call on them and again. ?But?I will ABSOLUETELY ask the price before booking the appointment!

Description of Work
ONLY installed a dishawasher. ?$900.00+ install a dishawasher

Work Completed On 06/09/2016

10/25/2015

Catharine W.

My mother in law was in an assisted living facility. We maintained her house in case out of town family came to visit. I had been told that there was no hot water pressure when family came in the summer. Later that summer, I called Classic and set up a date and time the following week for them to come and take a look at the situation. Mom's health situation changed and the family came in. I called to change dates and times and they were very cooperative and helpful. They arrived on time, gave us an estimate and went to work. They were very professional and did the work promptly. I would use them again. ( actually I have used them several years before and they were wonderful then as well)

Description of Work
replaced a section of hot water pipe so that we had hot water and good pressure in the house.

Work Completed On 09/11/2015

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take our job of "making you smile today" very seriously and knowing you are pleased helps us to know we're doing a good job! We appreciate the opportunity to help you!

08/05/2015

Michael L.

Contact due to plumbing need. 1st time 2012/13 quote $1000+ to repair leaking drain pipe. To replace a joint. Wanted to rework the whole system. Repaired by handy man for $150.00. Recent request an estimate to replace thermostat valve in a gas water heater. Wanted to reroute gas lines and other technical reasons estimate cost $600.00+. Decided to get someone else! Slap me with $59.00 for service call. Negotiated from $69.00 due to their original quote between residential/commercial. I don't think I will give them a shot again! P.S. Reason for using the services was due to past employee "Bert" very concern person who would go an extra mile if needed.

Description of Work
Nothing- Service cost extremely high

Work Completed On 08/04/2015

Mr, When you compare a professional, licensed, experienced, well-trained plumbing company's prices and recommendations to what you get from a handy man, you'll get the same results every time. There is a reason we choose to do business with a license and get permits for doing gas water heater work and that is to be absolutely sure our customers are safe and get the job done according to high standards. You failed to mention the help you received by phone that allowed you to obtain the correct part for the water heater directly from the factory very quickly. You also failed to mention how helpful we were in coordinating with your schedule and personal requests. It is unfortunate that the value was placed completely on pricing with no regard to the time, effort and service you received.

06/03/2015

Kelly M.

The service at Classic Plumbing Solutions was amazing. I had flooding in my basement from torrential rains last night caused by clogged outdoor and indoor drains. When I spoke to Lisa at the office she told me that she could get someone out to help me today. Within an hour, Anthony was at my house. Anthony looked over the problem areas, talked me through what needed to be done and gave me what I thought was a fair and reasonable estimate. He then performed the work he had described neatly, conscientiously and thoroughly - he even cleaned up after himself!! Anthony also gave me advice about The ad for Classic Plumbing Solutions says " Don't Panic" -- and Lisa and Anthony helped me through what could have been an even more stressful situation. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for great service and great people. I will be using Classic for my future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Anthony, the plumber, snaked all the clogged up drains in my basement and checked out some other plumbing issues in the duplex apartment next to mine.

Work Completed On 06/03/2015

Thank you [Member Name Removed] We are so happy you found us & we were able to help you with your stopped up drain!

03/16/2015

Maryanne S.

Leisia was able to get Jason and his helper out to my house in no time, for which I was very grateful. The work was performed quickly and efficiently. There was a gasket in the toilet that was leaking and it had reached the point where no water would stay in the tank. Classic Plumbing Solutions has done work for me in the past, and I highly recommend them. Besides doing quality work, they are very nice people to deal with.

Description of Work
This was emergency service for a leaking toilet. They were very busy due to other customers having burst water pipes. I would have waited until the next day but had a family member staying with me who was recuperating from surgery and needed to use that bathroom.

Work Completed On 02/23/2015

Thank you, [Member's name removed], you are great to work with as well!

02/20/2015

Peggy R.

This was an emergency situation. Water pipes frozen, burst and water leaking in the garage area which is located under the kitchen. Jason and his helper arrived within 1 hour of the time I made the call. Jason discovered 4 broker places in the water line. They arrived timely, went straight to work, diagnosed the situation and wasted no time to make the repairs needed to stop the leaks. Many thanks to Classic Plumbing!!

Description of Work
Repaired 4 sections of frozen water pipe in the garage area

Work Completed On 02/20/2015

Thank you, Peggy, for taking your time to post a positive review! We're grateful for customers like you and so glad we could help you during this emergency.

02/13/2015

Jack W.

I have used them in the past years for toilet and sink installation and they are very good. They are professional, making sure not to track dirt in to the house. They wear covers over their shoes, etc. They are patient and even send us greeting cards at several times during the year. They're a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
I have an annual contract. The charge is about $8/month and they come inspect all the plumbing in the house and make minor repairs as needed.

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

10/08/2014

Donna B.

I wanted it fixed immediately and that meant they came on a Saturday so I expected to pay more for a weekend. They replaced the drain with a new one and it didn't take very long. It cost around $300 which I thought was rather expensive so short an amount of time and the problem. When I used the tub that night the drain didn't work properly to contain the water in the tub-it still drained slowly out. I called and they came a few days late to "fix it." After the second visit I drew a bath again and it still had a slight leak that made the tub water drain (very slowly) but I still wanted it fixed so it kept the water in the tub. When I got them to come a third time the guy "tweeked it" but he then informed me that he had done pretty much all he could do. He implied not to call anymore. For a $300 drain that took such a short amount of time to install I expected a perfect job. Very disappointing......

Description of Work
My bathtub drain was broken and they replaced the drain.

Work Completed On 08/10/2013