CJ's Lawn & Tree Service

Springfield, OH 45505

Another Phone Number 937-926-6531

10/31/2020

Neil H.

When hiring out, I usually expect at least something to be missed, or done in haste. I found nothing lacking here. Johnny and his men removed a huge Locust tree, leveled it with topsoil and finished it off with grass seed and straw. They trimmed our Japanese Maple, River Birch and other trees expeditiously and cleaned up way beyond my expectations! This family business does it right, and they are among the best I have worked with. This coupled with their VERY competitive quote made the whole experience very satisfying.

Description of Work
Tree removal and pruning of large trees.

10/24/2020

John E.

CJs has very high standards for quality of work and for customer services. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Pruning of bushes and trees. Removal of one tree. Stump grinding.

Category firewood, tree service

06/04/2020

Earl M.

Fantastic, a very hardworking crew. There wasn’t a leaf or stick in my yard when they were done. One of the guys was using a brush and a dustpan to cleanup in my driveway. I told him to blow the debris in my yard and he told me that would be unprofessional. Johnny’s crew is the best!

Description of Work
Tree removal and three trees trimmed

Category firewood, lawn service, tree service

12/12/2019

Bonnie G.

Johnny and his team did a wonderful job! They took down a linden tree that was splitting at the trunk. They cleaned up the job site well and even cut and stacked the wood for us to use in our fireplace! Because of their professionalism and the quality of their work, I would definitely hire CJ's Lawn & Tree Service again.

Description of Work
Tree Removal

11/24/2019

Shy C.

There were some scheduling mishaps on the first day, but they went over and above to get the job done entirely on day 2. Would definitely hire again

Description of Work
Tearing down a very large old tree

10/31/2019

john M.

John and his crew were on site as arranged. Courteous, professional and respectful of the property. The crew went right to work as the rain came down and made sure the required project was completed. My wife and I were very impressed with the results and we will reach out to John in the future. Very knowledgeable and offered suggestions and advice as it relates to replanting and care and feeding of our trees and shrubs. Outstanding experience!! Thank you John!!

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal.

10/20/2019

Nancy N.

Great job. Will definitely use again. Very fast response. Reasonable pricing. More importantly, the exceeded my expectations, by far. Very professional. Cleaned up very well. Great job.

Description of Work
Cleared out tree limbs

10/01/2019

Jillian P.

This company is the perfect example we all need to see that represents what the true meaning of "work ethic" is. I contacted them, got a quick response, and Johnny & his team arrived the next day all ready to work. They thought it was going to be an easy in/out job so they could move on to the next scheduled one (it was Sunday)...HOWEVER, it didn't work out that way. My precious ZEN tree had very visible termite damage and removal was urgent. It wasn't going to be the simple branch trimming that we thought. They got right on it and removed it safely. While some were doing that, others were in the front of the condo trimming and planting. They cleaned up everything (looked better than the inside of my home). WOW, just plain awesome work coordination. I had TEN companies come and look at this job, and NONE noted the termites. I just thought the tree was old, but they showed me what to look for. CJ's is the best; then, of course, there's Johnny (the owner)...what a guy!

Description of Work
Tree trimming & bush pruning, plantings

Category landscaping, tree service

05/02/2019

Marty E.

This went very well! They contacted me shortly after I went online, met me when I needed, and the price was right. They were fast, accurate, and did everything we agreed on. I had requested a high stump for future wood carving - they went out of their way to level the top off so we could place something there until the carving can be done. Plus they again went out of their way to cleanup and left the yard better than they found it. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Large pine tree removal and cleanup. Top had come out during a recent wind storm. Slip up side.

04/24/2019

Damir F.

Overall it was great service - you need to know what you could expect. Although job started later than originally agreed, the whole team took a time to clean the area and prepare for cutting. They were very careful with each branch not only to avoid damage to the roof or tho the house, but as well not to mess the garden!. Branches were immediately cut and removed (onto the trailer). This team worked hard, and fast, making sure everything is left in excellent condition. Few thinks that you need to be ready, and accept as it is: They are trying to be on time, however, I would say it is "work in progress" (accept that it might be some delays, not huge, however...) If they would need to continue work next day - they will ask for partial payment. They are honest, and they will give you the receipt, and they will come next day, and yes they will complete agreed job, just be prepare that might happened. They were very polite and respectful, however like lots of younger people, some inappropriate jokes might be expected. Overall, GREAT work and well earned every single $.... they know how to do the job, and yet price reasonable.

Description of Work
Trees trimming

11/16/2016

Marion C.

The stack was perfect, on time, friendly, and great wood. I would highly recommend

Description of Work
firewood delivery with stacking.

Category firewood

07/13/2015

jeff E.

They did a great job removing the tree! It was taken down without any damage, they were very professional. We even tipped them because they worked so hard and cleaned up every piece of debris. The problem with this company falls on their follow-up. They were supposed to come back and remove the stump along with another stump in our backyard. The price we agreed on originally was with the 2 stump removals. They had us pay for the tree removal only and said they would be back in about a week to remove the stumps. We never heard from them, so we called to ask when they would be out. They then told us their stump grinder was broken and we should go with someone else. Unacceptable. This was part of the job. We will not find another company that is going to be willing to do it for the price they gave us as this was an add-on service! I would NOT recommend going with them. I would be happy to revise my review if they follow through on the job.

Description of Work
We were quoted for one large tree to be cut down. They were to come back "when they were in the area" to remove the stump and another stump in our backyard.

07/01/2015

jenny S.

Pros- Cut down all 6 trees & didn't drop any on the house Didn't use any heavy equipment so the lawn didn't get torn up Cons- Late every day (didn't show up until 10/11 first couple days, 12 & 1 the last few days) regardless of saying they will be there around 9 am. I don't think there was a day they were there before 11 except on the first day. They treated us like a Speed Way- Water, Coffee, Pop- regardless of the fact they were making runs to the gas station right down the street. Asked us to buy them Pizza and they would finish up that day....regardless to say they were not done and had to come back 2 more days which cut into our Sat. and Sunday plans. Slow- guy cutting the tree was pretty efficient and one of the guys on the ground was a hard worker. The rest were not motivated. Asked to be paid up front for the days work so the guys had a little spending money- we gave them what we thought the work they did was worth (not the $1000 they asked us for) and had them sign a receipt (thankfully) They decided it was a good choice to advertise they were using the restroom in their trailer and dumping the urine in our lawn-VERY unprofessional, besides the fact they couldn't run down to the gas station where they had been making runs to all day? Owner came down on the last day because of the issues we were having-we spoke via phone about the issues above which apparently weren't what her team was supposed to be doing (and to collect the remaining money as some was apparently stolen) and did not speak to us at all. Walked right by my husband and didn't say two words. Didn't knock on the door, introduce herself, apologize for the inconvenience, or anything. Spent most of the day sitting in her car. Even had one of her guys bring her the money. These are just the main highlights. If you are looking for a company that does decent work, but is very unprofessional and is very slow, this is the company for you. If you prefer efficiency and professionalism, I wouldn't recommend them. The price was good and the work was good (slow) but they really lacked professionalism.

Description of Work
Cut down 6 trees near our house.

02/09/2015

charlie B.

- Neighbor and I decided to remove some dead trees from our properties. - We both live in Cincinnati OH, but somehow she got connected with CJ Lawn & Tree out of Springfield OH. - We both agreed to have our trees removed by CJ. - At no time did CJ indicate that they were from Springfield OH. - Since their truck had no company name, I figured I was dealing with some company from the local Cincinnati area. - I paid cash to have 3 trees removed and 1 tree topped. - I asked them to leave the yard, house and everything else on my property in the same shape as it was before thy started. - The guy in charge assured me that they would be extra careful and there would be no problems since he was in the tree business for over 30 years. - Problem #1 - They climbed each tree, cut the tree down in many small pieces and allowed these pieces to crash into my lawn causing huge craters. I showed them the damage; I was assured that they would let each cut log down with a rope; - Problem #2 - I had some errands to run. When I returned, I noticed even more huge craters in my yard. The guy in charge left my job for some reason and didn't bother to pass on my concern about the crates to anyone of the guys he left on my job. None of the cut tree pieces were ever let down with a rope as promised. - Problem #3 - Next day I had to go to work, so I wasn't at home when they showed up for work at my house. I got a call from my wife that afternoon, saying that when they were cutting down one of the neighbor's trees, it got away from them and came crashing into my house. No one was hurt. My house and yard suffered all of the damage. - Problem#4 - I came home from work to view the following: - A huge ash tree laying on my roof - A deck partition smashed from direct contact with the tree trunk. - After the tree was removed from the roof, I found: - Numerous places where the tree branches had punctured the wood roof deck an destroyed the shingles. - Problem #5 - I was assured by the guy in charge that they would take care of all of the damages. Later I talked to the owner of the company and he said that the guy in charge and his whole crew were fired because of poor work practices. Again I was assured by the owner that CJ would pay for all of the damages they caused. All I had to do was send them the bill after I had everything fixed. - End Result - - I have sent CJ the bill($500) for the damages 2 different times by US mail. - I have received no word back from them. - So where are they? Feb 77, 2016 UPDATE: - ! year later I haven't received the $500 yet - Angies list mediation was USELESSS - Can't believe that 2 other people used their services after I posted this review. - Run away from CJ's - They will lie right to your face and not blink an eye. - This is my last day on Angie's list --- total waste of time

Description of Work
Work order #1 --- $2000 - Remove 2 trees in back yard - leave all wood cut up - remove all brush - clean up work area Work order #2 --- $2000 - Remove 1 tree in back yard - top 1 tree - leave all wood cut up - remove all brush - clean up work area

10/23/2014

john S.

Description of Work
Cut down our tree. Very efficient!

04/27/2013

charles R.

I have had this tree trimmed before, but this job was very thorough.. and professional!

Description of Work
Great Tree trimming service. Professional crew, outstanding result. Complete clean up afterwards.... will use them again! Recommended!!

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

MJS Studios

We specialize in landscape construction. We design, build, and maintain all projects such as: hardscapes, excavating, drainage, lawn treatments, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

JD's Lawn Care

Since 2017, we have been specializing in lawn and yard work, mowing, edging, tree trimming, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all of the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

Lawn & Yard Work, Tree Service, Leaf Cleanup, Tree Trimming, Tree Removal, Landscaping

Ask for details.