Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Elyria, OH
There are 14 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Elyria
- Tim Frank Septic Tank Cleaning CoOutstanding job! The crew had to dig out our outlet lids, which were buried 14"-16" down. The tank was very full, but they did a very thorough job and left the site very tidy. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!
- T K Home Inspection LLCNick was great! Took time to explain what we should expect, what he was looking for and took the time to go over a prelim of his findings before we left the house. We had the final report back within 24 hours. Office staff was great and were able to schedule us the very next day for our appointment!
- T K Home Inspection LLCFrom the start TK inspection made themselves a one stop shop for all my inspection needs with competitive pricing. Their website is very user friendly and staff is responsive. Nick, our inspector, was terrific- thorough, considerate, knowledgeable, patient and friendly. Turn around time for report is exceptionally fast and also comes in a user friendly format. I feel confident about our new home purchase. I’d recommend TK Inspection for ALL your inspection needs
- WyattWorks PlumbingRicky did an outstanding job at our home! He performed a detailed root cause analysis and subsequently replaced the toilet as the best way to solve the clogging. Ricky was transparent along the process and explained each step in detail. He was also very respectful to our family environment and in line with COVID guidelines. Well done
- Tim Frank Septic Tank Cleaning CoI could not have been more pleasantly surprised to have this company come out and solve our septic issues. I talked to Carol in the morning and she had Don and Dave come out to diagnose and solve our septic tank issues in the afternoon. The septic tank needed to be cleaned but more importantly, the septic pump was broke and Don and Dave fixed it so the system works perfectly now. They explained to me how the entire system is working and that there is an alarm system that needs to be set correctly inside the house. We move to the Cleveland area from Chicago about 2 years ago and we had minimal knowledge on all these septic items. Again, Don and Dave did a great job with their work while Carol helped me isolate what might be the problem over the phone when I first talked to her. Hats off to all these folks and I could not be happier with this company
- WyattWorks PlumbingANDY WAS SENT OUT AS A SUB FROM ANOTHER COMPANY. HE ARRIVED ON TIME, WAS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS, (WHICH HAPPENED TO BE A MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE JOB THAN WE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT), AND FIXED IT PROMPTLY. I THOUGHT HE WAS HONEST IN HIS ASSESSMENT AND FAIR IN HIS PRICING AND I WOULD DEFINITELY HIRE HIM AGAIN
- WyattWorks PlumbingLate on a Friday night, out hot water tank broke. We were resigned to spending the weekend taking showers elsewhere until we could get an appointment early next week. However, we were very fortunate in contacting WyattWorks Plumbing who sent a technician that same day. I assumed he would order a new hot water tank and return on Monday or Tuesday to finish. In fact, Benjamin installed a new one immediately on a Saturday late afternoon and early evening. He was knowledgeable, skilled, clean, and courteous. Couldn't have asked for more! We highly recommend this company
- WyattWorks PlumbingDid a fine job! The price was well worth it. Very efficient, punctual, and just nice people. The two sons of the original owner came out to do the work and were very nice.
- WyattWorks PlumbingWhatever would cause someone to hug their plumber after he'd been working on your sewer all day? Well, I just hugged mine! Wyatt Works was not a company that was known to me prior to having a completely blocked line that threatened to overflow from the basement drain whenever anyone flushed a toilet or emptied a sink. For over a year we had been experiencing sewer smell, drain flies, and other indicators of a plumbing nightmare. We had another company come out to unblock the line last year, which charged us a lot of money before telling us that the hydrojetting they did (with a massive machine brought in on a trailer that vibrated so much it cracked our garage floor) didn't work - then left. So we knew we had "issues." Wyatt Works was courteous, professional, committed to solving the problem, and considerate of our yard and our home. Ben is an amazing plumber but most of all, a really straightforward, kind, sincere person. These guys worked very hard, explained everything to me (and again to my husband when he came home), gave us 'bad' news in a highly sympathetic way, and best of all - fixed the problem. They cleaned up, left much less dust than I expected, and were careful to hang plastic to minimize exposure to jackhammer dust so as not to aggravate my asthma. They even noticed that a toilet was running off the hook and fixed it before leaving! I can't recommend them highly enough. Yes, it was expensive. We thought the price was very fair considering that a septic subcontractor was also involved and there was a lot of labor associated with the job. It's a real relief to know it was done right. Call these guys, seriously
- T K Home Inspection LLCSaved my thousands that I would have had to pay if not for the inspections learned my lesson to always get an inspection
Last update on August 23, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Elyria, OH
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- North Ridgeville,
- South Amherst,
- Sheffield Lake,
- Columbia Station,
- Olmsted Falls,
- Avon Lake,
- North Olmsted,
- Bay Village,
- Brook Park,
- Fairview Park,
- Rocky River
Septic Tank Contractors in Elyria, OH
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing633 Broad St
ELYRIA, Ohio 44035
- Geisel Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing
- AAA Flexible Pipe Cleaning7277 Bessemer Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44127
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio 44137
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio 44437
- AK Septic Service & Repair LLC.75 Norwood Ave
NORWALK, Ohio 44857
- All Town & Country Septic3500 S Hametown
Norton, Ohio 44203
- American Plumbing Inc1063 Bradley Rd
Westlake, Ohio 44145
- Angelo Salvatore Excavating9240 Noble Park Dr
Brecksville, Ohio 44141
- Avon Bay Construction605 Bassett Rd
Bay Village, Ohio 44140
- AAA Flexible Pipe Cleaning
- FELIX'S ELECTRIC SEWER CLEANING INC8548 COUNTRYVIEW DR
Broadview heights, Ohio 44147
- FELIX'S ELECTRIC SEWER CLEANING INC
- GROSS BROTHERS/DICK WEST PLBG1024 DOUGLAS ST.
Vermilion, Ohio 44089
- GROSS BROTHERS/DICK WEST PLBG
- HUMBERT SANITARY SVC1581 APPLEGROVE ST NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
- HUMBERT SANITARY SVC
- JA Kilby Enterprises7791 Maddock Rd.
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
- JA Kilby Enterprises
- Neptune Plumbing23860 Miles Rd Suite G
Cleveland, Ohio 44128
- Neptune Plumbing
- OSBOURN PLUMBING HEATING AND PUMPS9988 kinsman rd
Novelty, Ohio 44072
- OSBOURN PLUMBING HEATING AND PUMPS
- Ram-Con LLC44270 Route 511 East
Oberlin, Ohio 44074
- RAY JOHNSON SEPTIC TANK SERVICE31915 BAGLEY RD
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
- Reliable Contractor Services214 E 34th St.
Lorain, Ohio 44055
- Roto-Rooter6742 Wise Ave NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup1720 Merriman Rd Ste B
Akron, Ohio 44224
- Ram-Con LLC
- Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair1927 Christmas Run Blvd
Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair
Septic tank companies that service Elyria
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.