Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in Berea, OH
There are 18 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Berea
- Approved Plumbing CoThey are always so good. Moreover, they make sure to tell that they are always there to help. Lastly, they are punctual.
- Tim Frank Septic Tank Cleaning CoOutstanding job! The crew had to dig out our outlet lids, which were buried 14"-16" down. The tank was very full, but they did a very thorough job and left the site very tidy. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!
- T K Home Inspection LLCNick was great! Took time to explain what we should expect, what he was looking for and took the time to go over a prelim of his findings before we left the house. We had the final report back within 24 hours. Office staff was great and were able to schedule us the very next day for our appointment!
- T K Home Inspection LLCFrom the start TK inspection made themselves a one stop shop for all my inspection needs with competitive pricing. Their website is very user friendly and staff is responsive. Nick, our inspector, was terrific- thorough, considerate, knowledgeable, patient and friendly. Turn around time for report is exceptionally fast and also comes in a user friendly format. I feel confident about our new home purchase. I’d recommend TK Inspection for ALL your inspection needs
- WyattWorks PlumbingRicky did an outstanding job at our home! He performed a detailed root cause analysis and subsequently replaced the toilet as the best way to solve the clogging. Ricky was transparent along the process and explained each step in detail. He was also very respectful to our family environment and in line with COVID guidelines. Well done
- Tim Frank Septic Tank Cleaning CoI could not have been more pleasantly surprised to have this company come out and solve our septic issues. I talked to Carol in the morning and she had Don and Dave come out to diagnose and solve our septic tank issues in the afternoon. The septic tank needed to be cleaned but more importantly, the septic pump was broke and Don and Dave fixed it so the system works perfectly now. They explained to me how the entire system is working and that there is an alarm system that needs to be set correctly inside the house. We move to the Cleveland area from Chicago about 2 years ago and we had minimal knowledge on all these septic items. Again, Don and Dave did a great job with their work while Carol helped me isolate what might be the problem over the phone when I first talked to her. Hats off to all these folks and I could not be happier with this company
- Approved Plumbing CoSharon from their company was very professional, laid out the terms, and made arrangements for an appointment for a service call within a short period of contacting them. She quoted a price for the service call and indicated that additional costs would be quoted on a per job basis. Frankly, if it had not been for Sharon's involvement, I don't think I would use this company again in the future. While she was professional and helpful, the service technician was less so and I was very disappointed in how he handled the service call. He arrived timely, I explained what was needed, and he then told me that the charge would be at an hourly rate rather than a flat rate. I contacted Sharon and she indicated that they would ensure everything was handled consistently with what she had told me. He stated that this would save me money in the long run. I disagreed-especially when this job involved turning on the well and then running water at each faucet to make sure it was working. A good deal of his time was spent walking up and down the steps and around the house turning on faucets and checking toilets. I could have easily done this myself and saved money. I also expected him to have drained the lines that had antifreeze in them prior to running the water. This did not happen at all-he just turned the water on. A second issue was that he told me he needed fuses to start the well pump and he did not have them. I had to make a quick trip to a hardware store to buy what he needed. When I returned, he had opened up the septic tank covers and looked at the components and removed the sump pump from the pit. I didn't ask him to do this so I was surprised that he had done so. I suppose I should give him credit for making use of his time while I was getting the fuses. Lastly, I asked him to look at the hot water heater and he attempted to re-connect some wiring. I later found the wiring diagram for this model and found he had connected the bottom thermostat incorrectly which probably explains why the breaker kept flipping for it. Finally, he left his gloves and the box from the fuses on the floor and made no effort to clean up or replace the covers on the septic tank. Small matters, but I was surprised by this after reading what a great job other techs have done elsewhere. They did honor the Angie's List coupon discount. Overall, I believe that my experience would likely have been better with a different technician. If it hadn't been for Sharon's involvement, I think I would have ended up being very dissatisfied with my experience. This was a good learning experience for me and I'll know how to better prepare for a plumber's visit in the future. I've given an overall A rating because I believe my situation with this service tech may have been unusual given the circumstances, and Sharon did everything she could do as far as following up and making an effort to represent their company professionally
- T K Home Inspection LLCSaved my thousands that I would have had to pay if not for the inspections learned my lesson to always get an inspection
- WyattWorks PlumbingLate on a Friday night, out hot water tank broke. We were resigned to spending the weekend taking showers elsewhere until we could get an appointment early next week. However, we were very fortunate in contacting WyattWorks Plumbing who sent a technician that same day. I assumed he would order a new hot water tank and return on Monday or Tuesday to finish. In fact, Benjamin installed a new one immediately on a Saturday late afternoon and early evening. He was knowledgeable, skilled, clean, and courteous. Couldn't have asked for more! We highly recommend this company
- WyattWorks PlumbingANDY WAS SENT OUT AS A SUB FROM ANOTHER COMPANY. HE ARRIVED ON TIME, WAS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS, (WHICH HAPPENED TO BE A MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE JOB THAN WE ORIGINALLY THOUGHT), AND FIXED IT PROMPTLY. I THOUGHT HE WAS HONEST IN HIS ASSESSMENT AND FAIR IN HIS PRICING AND I WOULD DEFINITELY HIRE HIM AGAIN
Last update on August 23, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Berea, OH
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Your home’s septic system needs a little TLC to keep running efficiently. Follow these tips to extend your septic system’s useful lifespan.
Find septic tank services in
- Brook Park,
- Olmsted Falls,
- Middleburg Heights,
- Parma Heights,
- North Olmsted,
- Fairview Park,
- Columbia Station,
- Rocky River,
- North Royalton,
- Bay Village,
- Broadview Heights,
- Brooklyn Heights,
- Seven Hills,
- North Ridgeville,
Septic Tank Contractors in Berea, OH
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Berea Plumbing & Sewer Company55 W. Bagley Road Suite # 902
Berea, Ohio 44017
- Berea Plumbing & Sewer Company
- AAA Flexible Pipe Cleaning7277 Bessemer Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44127
- ABSOLUTE REPAIRS LLC15507 EDGEWOOD AVE
Maple Heights, Ohio 44137
- Ackworth Construction2237 Watson Marshall Rd
Mc Donald, Ohio 44437
- All Town & Country Septic3500 S Hametown
Norton, Ohio 44203
- Allen Drain Service Inc1008 Mogadore Rd
Kent, Ohio 44240
- American Plumbing Inc1063 Bradley Rd
Westlake, Ohio 44145
- Angelo Salvatore Excavating9240 Noble Park Dr
Brecksville, Ohio 44141
- Another Chance Septic Company9195 Sand Run Circle
Clinton, Ohio 44216
- Approved Plumbing Co770 Ken Mar Industrial Pkwy
Broadview heights, Ohio 44147
- Avon Bay Construction605 Bassett Rd
Bay Village, Ohio 44140
- AAA Flexible Pipe Cleaning
- Extreme Excavating and Landscape L.L.C.515 Malvern Drive
Painesville, Ohio 44077
- Extreme Excavating and Landscape L.L.C.
- HUMBERT SANITARY SVC1581 APPLEGROVE ST NW
North Canton, Ohio 44720
- HUMBERT SANITARY SVC
- JA Kilby Enterprises7791 Maddock Rd.
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
- JA Kilby Enterprises
- MACK INDUSTRIES INC201 COLUMBIA RD
Valley City, Ohio 44280
- MCCLELLAN SEPTIC TANK CLEANINGP O BOX 132
Hinckley, Ohio 44233
- McHugh's Plumbing Inc8018 Wilson Mills Rd
Chesterland, Ohio 44026
- Metro Plumbing & Sewer LLC7111 Brookside Drive
Cleveland, Ohio 44144
- MIKE'S EXCAVATING6616 W SMITH RD
Medina, Ohio 44256
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Cleveland8200 E Pleasant Valley Rd
Independence, Ohio 44131
- MUNN SEPTICPO Box 276
Newbury, Ohio 44065
- MACK INDUSTRIES INC
- OSBOURN PLUMBING HEATING AND PUMPS9988 kinsman rd
Novelty, Ohio 44072
- OSBOURN PLUMBING HEATING AND PUMPS
- Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair1927 Christmas Run Blvd
Wooster, Ohio 44691
- Underground Connections - Trenchless Sewer Repair
Septic tank companies that service Berea
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.