Caring for your septic system properly can mean the difference between paying a few hundred dollars and paying thousands of dollars for a replacement.
Get matched with top septic system services in Olive Branch, MS
There are 1 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Olive Branch
- Banks SepticExcellent! The work was completed in just a couple of days. They did great job in regrading when they were done.
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEMy tanks were overue for cleaning out, especially with all the rain we have had lately keeping them full. I originally called about 1 tank, but after they started pumping it out, I remembered to have them check the 2nd tank, which only has an apartment with 1 bath going to it. It was also close to being full, so they went ahead and pumped it out as well. Both tanks are about 1000 gallons each but their truck was able to handle it. I was impressed with the driving Tony did. He backed the truck up a driveway that is fairly steep to start out with, then curves and goes through a gate and then curves again. I admit to being a little nervous about the gate posts and a couple of trees while he was doing that, but he said it was easy with a good spotter, which he had in Matt. Both men were nice and quickly got the job done. Tony even offered advice (and a sample) on the enzyme product that could be beneficial for our field lines, since they are almost 30 years old. I would highly reccommend them and will definately be calling them again in a few years.The price was higher than it was the last time I had this done (by someone else), but it was a resonable increase considering the passage of time and the price of gas. They did do the 2nd tank for a discounted price even though it was not on the schedule and I would have understood if they told me they could not do it at that time. I appreciated that very much.I also appreciated how soon they were able to get to me considering the weather and other factors. They fit my schedule nicely. Again, I would highly reccomend them
- B & D GRAVELThey did a wonderful job and the customer service was excellent. He was one of the very few people who did what he said he would do when he said he would do it.
- ABC Septic Tank SVCAt 6PM on a Wednesday night (with my husband out of town on business and a child sick with the flu) we discovered that the shower water wouldn't drain. Upon further inspection we noticed water in an addition bathtub that hadn't been used recently. The problem was due to the treatment plant being full and needing to be drained. Talk about BAD TIMING! I first tried calling another company that was listed in the phone book and advertised 24 hour service to see if they could come take care of the problem. They informed me it would be the next morning sometime before they would even come out. Having a sick child, that wasn't an option for us. I called ABC Septic, and they came to the rescue! They were currently on another job when I called, but I was informed they could be here around 7:30PM. They called shortly before they arrived to let me know they were on their way. They were EXTREMELY professional! They drained the treatment plant and had me to run water in all the bathrooms to make sure everything was draining properly. They checked the treatment plant and system for problems and found a broken part on the aerator. They were here for around an hour and a half. The total charge for draining the 1300 gallon tank was $325. They didn't even charge me any type of after hours fee. It's hard to find such an exceptional company like this one, and I'm so glad I did. I'll never use anyone else but them!!
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEEveryone we dealt with at Mid-South Septic was professional and courteous. They did excellent work, gave us the best quote we could find and I will definitely use them for any future issues we have with our septic system.
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEThese guys were Johnny on the Spot. I had already just about killed myself trying to do something about my problem and for nothing. I gave up and called Mid-South Septic. My wife had to deal with the first visit but I was able to talk to them on the phone from work and had everything explained to me. I decided to take off work and be there for the field lines. You can imagine what it's like to dig 3 trenches totaling 200 feet and lay the half-moon plastic snap together pipe. But, when it was all over, my yard was back to semi-normal, just without any grass. I dealt with that later. Afterwards, I had them modify the top of my tank with a riser to accommodate future pump outs easier. All this took some time and a few visits but, we were flushing in no time. Everyone was polite, courteous, and helpful when I asked questions. I wouldn't hesitate to call them again. I just hope I don't have to....
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICECalled on a Wednesday afternoon and they showed up bright and early the next morning. They pumped the septic tank and were very courteous and knew what they were doing. I was impressed with the service and will definitely use them again for any septic tank work/pumping in the future.
- A-1 Septic Tank & Drain SvcThe price depends on what they do. My experience with them has always been excellent. Their response time and their service are good. They actually try to save me money if they can. I have priced it around; it's the same as everybody else. I would absolutely continue to use them in the future.
- ABC Septic Tank SVCJason arrived when expected and was professional and courteous. Very respectful of my home, when he needed to come in the house he took precautions not to track in any mud. He provided the Angie's List discount on both service and parts. System certification was delivered as promised. Service was required due to the sale of my home. Jason explained that the pump was under warranty and would be transferable to the new homeowner. Excellent service and customer service
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThe service provider was great. While he was professional, he was also friendly and approachable. I don't have a traditional septic system, I have a water treatment system with multiple tanks--which I did not know and the service provider explained. During the previous month I had had extremely high electrical bills and was concerned that the system was operating 24/7 causing part of the high bills. He inspected the system, particularly the aerator was operating properly and explained that even if the system ran all the time, the aerator draws about the same amount of power as a 40W light bulb, which could not be the cause of the hundreds of dollars in electric bills. Once that issue was addressed, he then moved on to checking the level of the tank, telling me there was no need to pump it at the time but perhaps a year or so from now. He then explained how the two tank system worked, and that it would be a good idea to add chlorine tablets through the maintenance access. He laughed when I said I had never been told this and said that most persons with this type of system are not aware, but that when the first tank drains into the second tank of the system, the chlorine purifies the water even further than the initial purification process. At my request so that I did not dig in an area where the system was located, he identified the location of the tanks and the lines for the system. All in all, he addressed my initial concerns with the system, then went even further and stayed until all my questions were answered, even those that were not part of the maintenance checkup he performed. One additional item--time of arrival. Most service providers can only provide a window of when they will arrive, which makes sense as they often run into things with their service calls that are more involved and take longer than expected. In this case, ABC let me know when the service person would arrive and he actually arrived within the window they said he would, without me having to call and check and say, "Ok, where is he?" This was a nice change
Last update on July 25, 2014
Septic Service Contractors in Olive Branch, MS
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
A septic distribution box (D-box) is an essential part of your septic system. Find out how much a replacement costs if you need a new one.
Your home’s septic system needs a little TLC to keep running efficiently. Follow these tips to extend your septic system’s useful lifespan.
Find septic tank services in
- Hickory Hill,
- Horn Lake,
- Red Banks,
- West Memphis,
Septic Tank Contractors in Olive Branch, MS
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 911 Restoration of Memphis2244 Wood Creek Dr
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
- 911 Restoration of Memphis
- ABC Septic Tank SVC741 Lee Creek Road
Byhalia, Mississippi 38611
- ABC Septic Tank SVC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems2345 Reid Hooker Road
Eads, Tennessee 38028
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems
- ROOTER MAN PLUMBING5075 Macon Rd
Memphis, Tennessee 38122
- ROOTER MAN PLUMBING
- Traditional Plumbing Co, Inc.2039 Fletcher Creek Dr
Memphis, Tennessee 38133
- Traditional Plumbing Co, Inc.
Septic tank companies that service Olive Branch
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.