Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Germantown, TN
There are 4 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Germantown
- Banks SepticExcellent! The work was completed in just a couple of days. They did great job in regrading when they were done.
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEI was having issues with terrible smells in my bathroom which I thought might be septic tank related - crew arrived and inspected and it was found that septic tank was fine so no charge. It was later determined that the problem was with my hvac pipes in attic and somehow had caused a vapor lock in pipes
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThey've been out before several years ago. We live in a neighborhood that everybody is on the sewer except for us. For some reason there is a creek that kind of ran through my yard and the city evidently 25 years ago wouldn't take them into the creek. So I am the only person with a septic tank. I recall the truck, you would think for septic...it's a pretty fancy truck. For what they do, they represent themselves very well. I thought I would have to schedule for weeks, they came out the next day
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThe service provider was great. While he was professional, he was also friendly and approachable. I don't have a traditional septic system, I have a water treatment system with multiple tanks--which I did not know and the service provider explained. During the previous month I had had extremely high electrical bills and was concerned that the system was operating 24/7 causing part of the high bills. He inspected the system, particularly the aerator was operating properly and explained that even if the system ran all the time, the aerator draws about the same amount of power as a 40W light bulb, which could not be the cause of the hundreds of dollars in electric bills. Once that issue was addressed, he then moved on to checking the level of the tank, telling me there was no need to pump it at the time but perhaps a year or so from now. He then explained how the two tank system worked, and that it would be a good idea to add chlorine tablets through the maintenance access. He laughed when I said I had never been told this and said that most persons with this type of system are not aware, but that when the first tank drains into the second tank of the system, the chlorine purifies the water even further than the initial purification process. At my request so that I did not dig in an area where the system was located, he identified the location of the tanks and the lines for the system. All in all, he addressed my initial concerns with the system, then went even further and stayed until all my questions were answered, even those that were not part of the maintenance checkup he performed. One additional item--time of arrival. Most service providers can only provide a window of when they will arrive, which makes sense as they often run into things with their service calls that are more involved and take longer than expected. In this case, ABC let me know when the service person would arrive and he actually arrived within the window they said he would, without me having to call and check and say, "Ok, where is he?" This was a nice change
- ABC Septic Tank SVCJason arrived when expected and was professional and courteous. Very respectful of my home, when he needed to come in the house he took precautions not to track in any mud. He provided the Angie's List discount on both service and parts. System certification was delivered as promised. Service was required due to the sale of my home. Jason explained that the pump was under warranty and would be transferable to the new homeowner. Excellent service and customer service
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEMy tanks were overue for cleaning out, especially with all the rain we have had lately keeping them full. I originally called about 1 tank, but after they started pumping it out, I remembered to have them check the 2nd tank, which only has an apartment with 1 bath going to it. It was also close to being full, so they went ahead and pumped it out as well. Both tanks are about 1000 gallons each but their truck was able to handle it. I was impressed with the driving Tony did. He backed the truck up a driveway that is fairly steep to start out with, then curves and goes through a gate and then curves again. I admit to being a little nervous about the gate posts and a couple of trees while he was doing that, but he said it was easy with a good spotter, which he had in Matt. Both men were nice and quickly got the job done. Tony even offered advice (and a sample) on the enzyme product that could be beneficial for our field lines, since they are almost 30 years old. I would highly reccommend them and will definately be calling them again in a few years.The price was higher than it was the last time I had this done (by someone else), but it was a resonable increase considering the passage of time and the price of gas. They did do the 2nd tank for a discounted price even though it was not on the schedule and I would have understood if they told me they could not do it at that time. I appreciated that very much.I also appreciated how soon they were able to get to me considering the weather and other factors. They fit my schedule nicely. Again, I would highly reccomend them
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEFor the second time--once every five years--these guys have been there to get the job done and done right. From call-to-action was less than 3 hours. The price quoted was the price charged (same price for the same service five years apart!). Personnel professional, courteous and answered questions; gave me some suggestions on how to slow-down the need to have the system pumped. Given the potentially "smelly" nature of the work, these guys' performance was "coming up roses" and I'll call them again when the need arises
- SUBURBAN SANITATIONVery prompt and helpful. Presented options to improve aeration system without pressure to make an immediate decision. Seemed more concerned with doing what was best for us, rather than what was best for them. Very refreshing.
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEThese guys were Johnny on the Spot. I had already just about killed myself trying to do something about my problem and for nothing. I gave up and called Mid-South Septic. My wife had to deal with the first visit but I was able to talk to them on the phone from work and had everything explained to me. I decided to take off work and be there for the field lines. You can imagine what it's like to dig 3 trenches totaling 200 feet and lay the half-moon plastic snap together pipe. But, when it was all over, my yard was back to semi-normal, just without any grass. I dealt with that later. Afterwards, I had them modify the top of my tank with a riser to accommodate future pump outs easier. All this took some time and a few visits but, we were flushing in no time. Everyone was polite, courteous, and helpful when I asked questions. I wouldn't hesitate to call them again. I just hope I don't have to....
- ABC Septic Tank SVCAt 6PM on a Wednesday night (with my husband out of town on business and a child sick with the flu) we discovered that the shower water wouldn't drain. Upon further inspection we noticed water in an addition bathtub that hadn't been used recently. The problem was due to the treatment plant being full and needing to be drained. Talk about BAD TIMING! I first tried calling another company that was listed in the phone book and advertised 24 hour service to see if they could come take care of the problem. They informed me it would be the next morning sometime before they would even come out. Having a sick child, that wasn't an option for us. I called ABC Septic, and they came to the rescue! They were currently on another job when I called, but I was informed they could be here around 7:30PM. They called shortly before they arrived to let me know they were on their way. They were EXTREMELY professional! They drained the treatment plant and had me to run water in all the bathrooms to make sure everything was draining properly. They checked the treatment plant and system for problems and found a broken part on the aerator. They were here for around an hour and a half. The total charge for draining the 1300 gallon tank was $325. They didn't even charge me any type of after hours fee. It's hard to find such an exceptional company like this one, and I'm so glad I did. I'll never use anyone else but them!!
Septic Tank Companies in Germantown
- Business Description:Tim Ferguson Plumbing, Air & Electric is West Tennessee’s premier provider of professional and quality plumbing, heating and air service. We have built our reputation on unparalleled service and exceptional work for our customers. Our goal is to provide you with quality plumbing, air & electrical service at an affordable price. We provide solutions for all areas of service and repair. Give us a call for your appointment today and see what separates us from our competitors! Additional DBA - Ti..Recent Review:Wouldn’t know never show they called n said they were short staffed reschedulingJennifer J.
- Business Description:At Traditional we are fully aware of what an inconvenience mishaps and unexpected plumbing issues can be. We will work with your schedule to make sure whatever the issue, we get you taken care of in a timely fashionRecent Review:The work was perfect, super friendly, eager to work, and goes above and beyond, from the office staffs to the guys that did the work.Cassie M.
- Business Description:911 Restoration of Memphis is a full-scale water damage cleanup restoration company offering you peace of mind after a disaster. We provide water damage restoration, sanitization, mold removal, fire & smoke damage, reconstruction and everything in between with 24/7 availability. Take precautionary actions during the coronavirus. Our techs are trained to sanitize and clean your property with disinfection solutions and follow CDC and EPA protocols. Disasters can happen anytime due to pipe b..Recent Review:Great Job. When Jim got on the scene we had approximately 4 inches of water thru out the entire house, running down the walls and ceilings. They removed all the water immediately and worked with our insurance company to get all the damaged material out of the house and back in the dry, so we could start the rebuild process. Thanks Jim and crewROB P.
- Business Description:We are a full service septic and plumbing company located in North Mississippi. We are highly skilled and trained with treatment plants, as we have been installing them since they came out. We offer the very best quality of workmanship. We offer a wide variety of services. If you truly want it done right the first time, choose us! Several payment options, please check us outRecent Review:Very well, they called and came a day earlier then expectedPeter G.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes..Recent Review:They never contacted us to do the job despite Angie’s List sending them a notice. Another Angie’s list provider gave the service we neededG M.
- Business Description:.Recent Review:Critical: Punctuality, Quality Septic Tank Pumping cost me $309.00 for a half *** job at best or worse. Would never recommend this company again!! I was kind enough to dig both access holes for service call. Truck operators in past have cleaned both side thoroughly, then washed down sides. This driver left large amount in tank, said he cant get grease. Made no effort to open second hole at all. Did not wash down Tank. COST ME HIGHER DOLLARS. In general a half *** job at bestPhil T.
- Business Description:Locally owned National Franchise, Family Owned and Operated, since 1991Recent Review:They fixed it- after 4-5 days of work at 1600 per day. Day 1 they dug the hole in wrong place and could not reach leak they charged me 1600 for 2 plumbers for 1 day- one guy was a plumber and 1 guy was a helper. Day 2 the dug new a hole in the correct place my daughter's bedroom. Day 3 they showed up in the morning and then did not come back all-day, i complained about this because I was charger 1600 for this day - they said they would do a GPS track of the Van for the day and never got back to me. Day 4 the finished and Day 5 the cleaned up- the guys were nice- I was charged for 5 days for 2 days of work- i have called about 20 times and email about 20 no response- Do not use these guypat s.
- Business Description:When you call Baker's Heating & Air Conditioning you can be sure you are getting the best value for your money. If you need service work to repair your unit, or a whole new system, our rates are some of the most competitive in town. We believe in old fashioned values and are picky about every detail of our work. We want our meticulous attention to every detail to exceed your expectations. We do not settle for just acceptable work. We specialize in system replacements and our furnaces and air..Recent Review:The repairmen, Will and Terry, arrived on time and diagnosed the issue quickly. They had the part in their truck and completed the repair. They replaced the surface igniter, checked and cleaned the flame sensor and pressure switch. They were friendly and worked professionallyRobert W.
- Business Description:LICENSE NUMBER 980102874. ADDITIONAL CONTACT: CINDY HENLEY. ADDITIONAL ADDRESS: 4389 WHISPERING BEND DR MEMPHIS, TN 38125.
- Business Description:Backhoe work
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
If you’re wondering whether it’s safe to grow plants over your septic tank, the answer is yes, as long as you stick with plants that have shallow root systems to avoid damaging the septic system. Learn the best plants to install over a septic tank.
Septic system cost varies from place to place, depending on type, size and location. While they can be costly, septic tank systems can be worthy investments. Before you dive in, consider variables that drive the cost of a septic system.
Find septic tank services in
- Hickory Hill
- Olive Branch
- Horn Lake
- Red Banks
- West Memphis
septic tank services in Germantown
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 911 Restoration of Memphis2244 Wood Creek Dr
- 911 Restoration of Memphis
- ABC Septic Tank SVC741 Lee Creek Road
- ABC Septic Tank SVC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Gopher Grading9405 Stateline Rd.
Olive Branch, Mississippi
- Gopher Grading
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems2345 Reid Hooker Road
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems
- Shun's Plumbing508 Marlowe Ave
- Shun's Plumbing
- Wicked Web Design & SEO1312 North Monroe St. Suite 137
- Wicked Web Design & SEO