Your home’s septic system needs a little TLC to keep running efficiently. Follow these tips to extend your septic system’s useful lifespan.
Get matched with top septic system services in Cordova, TN
There are 2 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Cordova
- Banks SepticExcellent! The work was completed in just a couple of days. They did great job in regrading when they were done.
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEFor the second time--once every five years--these guys have been there to get the job done and done right. From call-to-action was less than 3 hours. The price quoted was the price charged (same price for the same service five years apart!). Personnel professional, courteous and answered questions; gave me some suggestions on how to slow-down the need to have the system pumped. Given the potentially "smelly" nature of the work, these guys' performance was "coming up roses" and I'll call them again when the need arises
- Kons Septic Service IncIt was making the interior of the house smell musty. I called plumbers, bought 2 different pumps at a home improvement store to try to pump it out myself, and nothing worked. I called Kons, and they came out, taking GREAT care and pumped it out. Mr. Kons jumped down inside the cistern. They protected the hardwood floors with rugs so their suction hoses wouldn't damage my floors. He also spent some time offering suggestions on how to prevent future occurences. I'm very grateful
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThey've been out before several years ago. We live in a neighborhood that everybody is on the sewer except for us. For some reason there is a creek that kind of ran through my yard and the city evidently 25 years ago wouldn't take them into the creek. So I am the only person with a septic tank. I recall the truck, you would think for septic...it's a pretty fancy truck. For what they do, they represent themselves very well. I thought I would have to schedule for weeks, they came out the next day
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThe service provider was great. While he was professional, he was also friendly and approachable. I don't have a traditional septic system, I have a water treatment system with multiple tanks--which I did not know and the service provider explained. During the previous month I had had extremely high electrical bills and was concerned that the system was operating 24/7 causing part of the high bills. He inspected the system, particularly the aerator was operating properly and explained that even if the system ran all the time, the aerator draws about the same amount of power as a 40W light bulb, which could not be the cause of the hundreds of dollars in electric bills. Once that issue was addressed, he then moved on to checking the level of the tank, telling me there was no need to pump it at the time but perhaps a year or so from now. He then explained how the two tank system worked, and that it would be a good idea to add chlorine tablets through the maintenance access. He laughed when I said I had never been told this and said that most persons with this type of system are not aware, but that when the first tank drains into the second tank of the system, the chlorine purifies the water even further than the initial purification process. At my request so that I did not dig in an area where the system was located, he identified the location of the tanks and the lines for the system. All in all, he addressed my initial concerns with the system, then went even further and stayed until all my questions were answered, even those that were not part of the maintenance checkup he performed. One additional item--time of arrival. Most service providers can only provide a window of when they will arrive, which makes sense as they often run into things with their service calls that are more involved and take longer than expected. In this case, ABC let me know when the service person would arrive and he actually arrived within the window they said he would, without me having to call and check and say, "Ok, where is he?" This was a nice change
- ABC Septic Tank SVCThings have always gone real well with this company in the past. They were clean and respected your home and floors. They were competitively priced. I had them out multiple times.
- SUBURBAN SANITATIONVery prompt and helpful. Presented options to improve aeration system without pressure to make an immediate decision. Seemed more concerned with doing what was best for us, rather than what was best for them. Very refreshing.
- ABC Septic Tank SVCJason arrived when expected and was professional and courteous. Very respectful of my home, when he needed to come in the house he took precautions not to track in any mud. He provided the Angie's List discount on both service and parts. System certification was delivered as promised. Service was required due to the sale of my home. Jason explained that the pump was under warranty and would be transferable to the new homeowner. Excellent service and customer service
- MID SOUTH SEPTIC SERVICEEveryone we dealt with at Mid-South Septic was professional and courteous. They did excellent work, gave us the best quote we could find and I will definitely use them for any future issues we have with our septic system.
- B & D GRAVELThey did a wonderful job and the customer service was excellent. He was one of the very few people who did what he said he would do when he said he would do it.
Last update on January 31, 2017
Septic Service Contractors in Cordova, TN
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
The size of a small septic system falls between 750 and 1,000 gallons. Keep reading to learn all about small septic systems for one toilet and how to choose one.
Find septic tank services in
- Hickory Hill,
- Olive Branch,
- Red Banks,
- Horn Lake,
Septic Tank Contractors in Cordova, TN
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 911 Restoration of Memphis2244 Wood Creek Dr
Germantown, Tennessee 38138
- 911 Restoration of Memphis
- CORDOVA PLUMBING INCPO Box 38129
Germantown, Tennessee 38183
- CORDOVA PLUMBING INC
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems2345 Reid Hooker Road
Eads, Tennessee 38028
- Larry Yancey Septic Systems
Septic tank companies that service Cordova
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.