KUHN'S TREE SERVICE INC.

Founded 1980 • With Angi since March 2005

The Kuhn's are the owners and operators of Kuhn's Tree Service Inc. They have been involved in every aspect of the business for the past 30 years. They are extremely fortunate to have an experienced team of people who are experts at what they do to assist them. At Kuhn's Tree Service Inc. we pride ourselves on our immediate response to your emergencies. We were there when the recent Derecho hit this area and have been involved in all the major weather-related events for the past 30 years. We have long-standing experience in working with insurance adjuster's, coordinating with utility companies, dealing with and satisfying construction and property management companies, residential accounts, and the general public. During the 2010 snow storm, our crews worked around the clock plowing parking lots and driveways. During The Derecho, Kuhn's Tree Service removed multiple trees from houses, working in conjunction with 8 different insurance companies. When a tree falls on your home, call the experts: Kuhn's Tree Service....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Our crew

+2 more images

tree service (178)firewood company (27)lawn care (7)lawn & landscaping (3)

08/09/2020

MARYSUE V.

It went well. Although we had some initial scheduling issues, the crew arrived on time. They worked at our properties roughly 3.5 hours. I have an extensive garden under both my trees. They were extremely careful with the underlying plants, carefully lowering the cut branches down by rope so nothing was crushed. They cleaned up after themselves, removing and shredding the debris, which they then took away. We were both quite pleased with their work.

Description of Work
My neighbor and I shared the visit, though we paid separately. I had two large trees trimmed (an ornamental cherry and a white oak). She had other tall trees trimmed as well as two trees entirely removed.

Work Completed On 07/23/2020

07/09/2020

Rosalie V.

I completely agree with all the reviews about how horrible the customer service is. As someone who has worked in customer service myself for my entire career, I already have a lot of grace with others in the profession because I understand how hard it can be. But there is no excuse for how bad the communication with Kuhn's is. The customer basically has to CHASE them and beg for service. It's unreal!! Below is a timeline of my experience with Kuhn's (by the way, I emailed this to them 7 days ago and *surprise* no apology, no response. So here I am to warn others - HIRE HOMETOWN TREE EXPERTS INSTEAD). June 17 – Kuhn’s came to view property and gave me a verbal quote of $375. I was told a quote would be emailed to me. June 19 – I received nothing from Kuhn’s. I reached out myself to Kuhn’s for the proposal. Laura responded and sent it to me. I was told once I accept the proposal, someone would contact me to schedule. June 20 – I accepted the proposal online. I received a response that said “thank you for the signed proposal! We will be in touch soon to schedule.” Days went by and no one from Kuhn’s reached out to schedule. No email, no call. Absolutely nothing. I figured they are no longer interested in the project. For what other reason would a company ghost a client? SO UNPROFESSIONAL. I found another company - HOMETOWN TREE EXPERTS - who offered to do the job for slightly less money and also replace the wood chips with topsoil and grass seed, something Kuhn’s never even offered. They immediately sent me the proposal without me having to ask for it, and promptly reached out to schedule a day and time frame that works for me. That's the way business should be done!! July 2 - Laura from Kuhn’s sends me an email at 4:20AM (!!!) saying they would like to do my job TODAY, a holiday weekend (!!!). Rather than checking with me if today even works for me, she said she anticipates the crew will be here between 2-4pm. And apparently, if I’m not home I can just leave a check on my door. So much for a cash discount then? The real kicker is at the end: “please confirm at your earliest convenience.” So the company who has ghosted me now is asking ME to reply as soon as I can? Unbelievably unprofessional. Furthermore, this was supposed to be a surprise for my husband who has been complaining about the tree and the stumps. He was home that day, thus it would not be a surprise. That’s the whole point of scheduling. This is a company – not a crazy aunt who just comes over when she feels like it. I really don't understand the good reviews Kuhn's has based on MY experience. Maybe others have low standards when it comes to how business should be done. When I told my friend what happened she literally said "are you sure Kuhn's is a real company and not some kind of scammer?"

Description of Work
I needed 1 tree/stump removed and 2 existing stumps removed from my lawn

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

07/04/2020

Barry W.

It went great. The workers went out of their way to do the job. It was a very large job. My trees were 43 years old and they were very tall. It was the hottest day of the year and the cleaned up all of the debris and in the end everything was spotless. Plus the fact the price was so reasonable.

Description of Work
I got branches trimmed on three large trees.

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

06/23/2020

Willy C.

Lots of unexpected scheduling issues (beyond their control) and when they came they were done in 1.5 hours and it was great!

Description of Work
Tree pruning

Category firewood, landscaping, tree service

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/03/2020

Peggy B.

The whole process went very well! They gave me the best quote. Got the work done in a timely manner even with Covid-19 and rain. They had the entire tree down in about an hour. Left the yard MUCH cleaner than it was. All debris removed and they even used a leaf blower on all areas affected to ensure no trash was left behind. I would totally hire again!

Description of Work
Tree Removal

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

11/17/2019

Richard D.

On time and very professional with the work and clean-up. Completed all work within 3 1/2 hours - truly amazing. Best price by several hundred $'s.

Description of Work
Remove ash tree and backfill with dirt with re-seeding

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

10/08/2019

Jeffrey W.

Excellent job. Kuhns sent a large experienced crew that finished the job quickly. I was very satisfied with their work. The pruning was done carefully and left the shrubs still looking good.

Description of Work
Remove three large river birches and grind stumps. Prune three trees. Prune six shrubs. Remove all cut wood and branches.

Work Completed On 09/21/2019

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future. Laura

08/09/2019

Mahmoud M.

It was a difficult operation and went extremely well

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

We appreciate the positive review and hope that you will consider us for your future tree needs.

03/04/2019

MATTHEW S.

During the 2/24/2019 windstorm in Montgomery County a pine tree fell onto my neighbors' property. I contacted Kuhn's to have that fallen tree removed and also to get an estimate on a large oak tree in my front yard that has had issues with many falling branches. I had used them before to grind a stump and remove deadwood from another fallen tree. Sean was very knowledgeable about the trees and provided me a good price to do the work. The crew that came was very professional and completed all the work in about 3 hours. The only issue I had was getting the crew out but that was because there was weather and an emergency job that came in the way and I felt the office could be a little more responsive but overall it was good work. I will use this company again.

Description of Work
Pruning oak tree, removal of fallen tree from neighbor's yard

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

02/15/2019

Tom W.

They delivered the firewood the next day as promised - it was great !

Description of Work
Provide Firewood

Category firewood

Work Completed On 02/13/2019

01/25/2019

bob W.

delivery took some time, but once it was scheduled it went very well and the guy was quick and stack was nice and he cleaned up. My problem is the wood itself, it clearly wasn't seasoned. Some of the cuts were huge and weighed 20 lbs. It was so wet or dense that I had to buy case of duralogs to get wood lit and keep it lit. Figure I will let it season for a year, and go get some real seasoned wood.

Description of Work
firewood delivered and stacked.

Category firewood

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

11/05/2018

Margaret G.

Very well, The crew arrived at 8:30 am on the dot and proceeded to take down very large, very tall trees in our backyard. This involved a 60-ton crane in our drive way, two "climbers" who were lifted up into the trees, sawed off large branches and the crane brought them back over the house to street to be ground through a chipper. They finished up at 12:30 pm, 4 hours to remove to huge trees in a very compact backyard without damaging our house or yard. Amazing! A very professional job.

Description of Work
Two large trees were removed from our backyard.

Work Completed On 11/05/2018

10/25/2018

Michael S.

In my opinion, all of the reviews about non-responsive Kunh's Tree Service are spot-on accurate. I hired Kuhn's about 7 years ago to remove a maple tree and to trim my tree in the backyard. Their prices are good, and they were responsive back then. So naturally, I called them again to do some trimming of a large tree in my backyard. That was a mistake and a waste of my time. I requested a quote via Angie's List and also left a message. It took over a week for them to respond. When they did respond they said they could have someone come to my house on a Saturday between 11 and 12. No one showed up during that time window so I left a message. Around 45 minutes later I received a call from Sean asking me if I still wanted the estimate. I was annoyed but I agreed to meet him. Sean is very knowledgeable about trees. Jordan e-mailed me a reasonable quote of $825 a few days later. I had some questions about the estimate so I sent a quick e-mail asking them to clarify their estimate. I never received a response (very unprofessional). A week later, I moved on and used Romeo's Tree Service. They gave me a better quote of $750 and they were able to do the work a few days afterwards.

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

10/16/2018

Andrea H.

Great service, good prices, office staff, workers, everyone was so nice to work with. I would recommend them for all your tree needs.

Description of Work
Removed 3 trees, stump grinding, pruning several trees.

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/12/2018

Carol K.

Have been waiting weeks (actually almost a month) to get an estimate from them. Numerous calls. Starting to sound like a runaround. Have used them in the past with fine results but this very long delay is making me doubtful about whether they will, finally, get my job done in a competent timely manner

Description of Work
Tree Service

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

07/28/2018

Lou M.

Used another company (Hometown Tree Experts) & got great results!

Description of Work
Tree Trimming

Work Completed On 07/28/2018

05/02/2018

Hugh M.

Stacked neatly in racks i had for he wood. wood was dry quality hardwood.

Description of Work
Cord of firewood delivered and stacked.

Work Completed On 04/02/2018

01/15/2018

David B.

Drop-off was good, they were delayed by the weather and communicated the issue and rescheduled.

Description of Work
Brought Firewood

Work Completed On 01/15/2018

12/26/2017

Elizabeth W.

It went very well. When I called, the person on the phone was very pleasant and informative. We scheduled an appointment for delivery within a couple of days. The delivery men showed up on time, were very polite and stacked the wood nicely. They also cleaned up the driveway.

Description of Work
Delivery of firewood

Work Completed On 11/18/2017

12/20/2017

Lorna M.

After some glitches with the office, the rest of the work went well

Description of Work
They trimmed the tree to make it come into what the HOA insisted upon.

Work Completed On 12/20/2017

Thank you for the positive review! It is very much appreciated.

10/13/2017

Dar-Tzen P.

They are responsive and responsible. The price seemed to be reasonable. Once started, the service was completed quickly, smoothly, and pretty well.

Description of Work
Removing one 15''-20'' tree and trimming back another tree.

Work Completed On 10/12/2017

Thank you for your positive review! It is very much appreciated and we look forward to working with you again!

09/25/2017

Andrew H.

The company pulled together a crew from other jobs within hours, cut the tree down and did a great job.

Description of Work
Kuhn's Tree Service literally came to the rescue when a large part of a tree in our front yard was cracked and could fall onto our house at any moment.

Work Completed On 09/25/2017

Thank you so much for your positive review Mr. [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you again in the future. Laura Hultz, owner

09/25/2017

Stephen & Cynthia F.

Excellent work taking down very tall tree which was near power lines, Yard was left neat and tidy.

Description of Work
Removal of huge pin oak