A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Get matched with top septic system services in Rockville, MD
There are 31 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Rockville
- J & G Septic ServiceI called J&G for a clog in one of our septic pipes. They promptly responded and successfully cleared the clog. Upon clearing the clog, we determined one of the lines was not correctly sloped. J&G gave me a quote to correct that issue, and to replace an old iron pipe that had corroded. Upon starting the work, J&G found an unexpected second septic tank, which they cleaned, and determined that most of the drain field was not sloped correctly. They spent an extra day correcting all the issues, and stayed within the original quote. Super-happy with the service, and would definitely call them again
- Virginia SepticMark Smith/Soils, Inc. was recommended to us by the Fairfax County Health Department, that recommendation gave us a lot of comfort during a very stressful time when one of our drain fields failed at our child care center. Mark and his team helped us through that whole nightmare with the utmost professionalisn, attention to detail and patience. We are grateful for their honesty and integrity, and for our relationship not ending when they received their last payment, as we have had to call them back for several other reasons. We highly recommend Soils, Inc., and if you have any questions or need any further information, please call me at 703-501-7270
- Great Falls Septic Service IncI originally called another septic company to do my five year pump out of the septic tank. This was our first time having this done because we didn't own the home the last time the septic was pumped. The other company was so incompetent and couldn't find the hole to pump out the septic tank after looking for about 15 minutes. They told me they would need to git a backhoe to come out a dig. I assured him that I remember the selling real estate agent telling me that the previous company that did the work didn't have to go through all that hassle. I was able to find out that the previous company that did the work was Great Falls Septic Service so I gave them a call. The technician was able to find the septic tank riser, which was buried about 10 inches down in about 2 minutes. I am extremely pleased with the service that I received. The technician was extremely efficient, technical, professional, and courteous. I would highly recommend Great Falls Septic Service
- Virginia SepticExcellent experience. Virginia Septic was easy to work with, they were responsive and informative throughout the process.
- J.V. Harrison's Backhoe & SepticGreat response to my request for service. Promptly returned my call on a Friday and came out that Saturday. They accurately diagnosed and resolved the issue. Very knowledgeable. This is fourth septic company I have dealt with over the years and I will be staying with them.
- Jiffy Plumbing & Heating, Inc.So far so good, since they've come it's running pretty well. Usually it backs up into the tank but everything is working properly.
- Jiffy Plumbing & Heating, Inc.Bobby came and determined that our septic tank needed to be emptied. He was very helpful. Great Service!
- Jiffy Plumbing & Heating, Inc.Everyone from Jiffy Plumbing, Heating and Cooling was great from the person who answered the phone, to the plumber who diagnosed the problem, to the team who replaced the underground sewer pipe. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. They explained what they were doing, had the tools and knowledge to address the problems, and maintained a clean and safe work area. They ran across a number of challenges that our situation presented but were able to successfully work through the issues and accomplish the work. They made sure the area of our yard that was disturbed when the pipe was replaced was returned to the best possible condition given the winter temperatures and weather. We are very happy with the service that we received from Jiffy and would use them again and recommend them to others
- Jiffy Plumbing & Heating, Inc.Jiffy took my call and information promptly. They were happy to schedule me for after 6pm the day that I called. I called them after 6pm to confirm that I was on the schedule, they assured me that I was. I got a call about two hours later from the dispatcher with an update telling me that the service person on duty had been delayed due to a stuck snake that required the sanitation department to retrieve and that he had one more appointment before mine. About two hours later at approximately 10pm the service person, Brandon, called me and discussed my problem and asked if I still wanted him to come or if I preferred to be his first job in the morning. During our discussion and after listening to me about the problem, he assured me that I could make limited use of the toilets and shower without further backup. We agreed that he would come the following morning between 8 - 10am. The following morning I got two calls from Brandon to update me on his progress getting to my location since he had run into significant traffic on the Beltway (the scourge of getting anywhere around DC). When he finally arrived, just before 10am, he was very courteous and apologetic about the delay. Before he began working he took the time to ask questions regarding what I knew about the plumbing and if I'd had past problems, yes, he then got to work. After about 30-45min he had opened the drain and reported to me that, as I suspected, roots were the problem. He told me he had used a large cutter head to clear the drain so it should hold me of a while. We also talked about where the drain might connect with the sewer system since given the age of the structure, built 1950, and where it exits the foundation is about 25-30 feet below the road surface where the closest main sewer is located. He suggested that there could once have been a septic system and might account for the number of turns in the line and why it runs across the back of the structure. Brandon then talked about potential permanent fixes and said that he would look into pulling the plans from the sanitation department, WSSC, and get back to me with options and estimates to permanently fix the drain problem. I have a backup free drain and am currently waiting for the follow up. If I have problems again, I'll call Jiffy and hope I get Brandon since he clearly knows his trade and the delays were really out of his control
- Michael & Son Svc IncThey do plumbing, electrical and several other things. I guess I spent $250 or $300 or something like that on their services. I wasn’t here when they did the work unfortunately. From everything I’ve heard, it sounds like they explained what had to be done and how it had to be done. It sounds like they provided professionalism appropriately from what I can tell. They mainly installed the pump and it worked for me. I came home and I didn’t detect that they had left things around a mess. So I guess they did a good job cleaning up. I didn’t see anything that was left and so they obviously took care of it. They did okay for what I needed at that time. It was a last minute kind of thing. They came and got it done, and it didn’t have any crunch. I don’t know about the price because I don’t know how much it should have cost. I’m assuming they might be a little high compared to the other plumbers only because they’re such a big company. They do some big jobs. At the time they were willing to come out and do the job. So the job wasn’t done based on price. So far the quality is good. The sump pump is still working and it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. It sounds like they did good work. They needed to do an electrical outlet and so they ended up doing electrical at the same time. They were responsive and they came right out. I will use them again in the future
Last update on September 4, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Rockville, MD
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you should hire a septic service pro or a plumber depends on many factors. Here’s how to tell who should fix your septic system backup.
Septic tank risers make it easy to access your septic tank when it’s time for routine inspection, maintenance, and pumping, saving you precious time and labor costs.
Find septic tank services in
- North Bethesda,
- Washington Grove,
- North Potomac,
- Garrett Park,
- Aspen Hill,
- Montgomery Village,
- Cabin John,
- Silver Spring,
- Glen Echo,
- Forest Glenn,
- Chevy Chase,
- Kemp Mill,
Septic Tank Contractors in Rockville, MD
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- J F PLUMBING & HEATING15751 Crabbs Branch Way
Rockville, Maryland 20855
- R V Careys Plumbing And Heating14650 Rothgeb Dr Ste C
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- Ramos Plumbing & Handyman Services206 Mount Vernon Pl
Rockville, Maryland 20852
- Rocket Rooter Plumbing426 Reading Avenue
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- Water Damage Repair199 E. Montgomery Ave 100
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- J F PLUMBING & HEATING
- 911 Restoration of Washington DC5419 Vine Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22310
- 911 Restoration of Washington DC
- A-1 Trenchless Services LLC23208 Ridge Rd
Germantown, Maryland 20876
- Affordable Plumbing & Gas LLC764 N Ripley St
Alexandria, Virginia 22304
- All Above Plumbing221 St James Dr
Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
- AMRPAW ORG LLC3260 Grayton Ln
Nanjemoy, Maryland 20662
- Applied Restoration Group13880 Berlin Turnpike
Lovettsville, Virginia 20180
- AZ Plumbing, LLC6903 Bethnal Ct
Springfield, Virginia 22150
- A-1 Trenchless Services LLC
- Capitol City Plumbing LLC1717 N St NW STE. 1
Washington, District Of Columbia 20036
- Charles F Murphy Inc2020 Rosemont Ave
Frederick, Maryland 21702
- Complete Enhancement, LLC6103 Baltimore Avenue
Riverdale, Maryland 20737
- Countywide Septic of Frederick5 N Market St
Frederick, Maryland 21701
- Crafted Architecture LLC2109 Popkins Ln
Alexandria, Virginia 22307
- Capitol City Plumbing LLC
- D&G Remodeling12814 Prestwick Dr
Fort Washington, Maryland 20744
- DAY & NIGHT PLUMBER LLCPO Box 539
College Park, Maryland 20740
- Delaware SepticPO Box 79
Middletown, Delaware 19709
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Dj's Plumbing Services LLC8006 Owens Way
Brandywine, Maryland 20613
- Douglas & Son Services19801 Bucklodge Rd
Boyds, Maryland 20841
- D&G Remodeling
- Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC4867 Wheatstone Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22032
- Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC
- KING AND SONSPO BOX 374
Damascus, Maryland 20872
- KING AND SONS
- Merrifield Garden Center - Gainesville Location6895 Wellington Rd
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- Michael & Son Svc Inc5740 General Washington Dr
Alexandria, Virginia 22312
- Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning LLC7950 Cessna Ave
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879
- Monticello Pump Service Inc8518 Virginia Meadows Dr
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- MOXLEY PLUMBING INC11820 DARBY RD
NEW MARKET, Maryland 21774
- Mr Rooter Plumbing & Heating3701 Commerce Dr Ste 105
Baltimore, Maryland 21227
- My Plumber Heating Cooling & Electrical 6897 Gateway Ct
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- Merrifield Garden Center - Gainesville Location
- R & P BACKHOE SVC INCPO BOX 254
Clarksburg, Maryland 20871
- R&E CHIEF SEPTIC LLCPO Box 199
Mount Airy, Maryland 21771
- Real Plumbers7321 Livingston Road
Oxon Hill, Maryland 20745
- Roland Plumbing Services LLC601 Pearse Ln
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774
- Rooter-ManP.O. Box 9271
Silver Spring, Maryland 20916
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup7800 Waterloo Rd
Jessup, Maryland 20794
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup10404 Morias Ct
Manassas, Virginia 20110
- R & P BACKHOE SVC INC
- WRF & Son Plumbing & Heating Inc15 N Main St
Mount Airy, Maryland 21771
- WRF & Son Plumbing & Heating Inc
Septic tank companies that service Rockville
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.