Great Falls Septic Service Inc

Founded 1953 • With Angi since July 2009

Great Falls Septic Service is family owned and operated and has been serving the local Northern Virginia area since 1953. The owner David, runs the business with his three sons Joshua, Jacob and Jordan. They relentlessly and successfully carry forward the legacy founded by David's father 60 years

2022 Super Service Award

septic tank service (96)plumbers (6)drain pipe installation (5)well & water pump repair (4)excavating (3)drain cleaning (2)sewer cleaning (2)

10/10/2022

Daniel S.

Great Falls Septic Services provided true 5-star service! From the scheduler to Maricio the service provider, they were a delight to work with and took additional time to help me understand my problems and solutions. And very reasonably priced. What more can you ask for.

Description of Work
Pumped septic tank

Category excavators, sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 10/10/2022

04/30/2022

Heather M.

They are so nice and helpful with answering any questions you have. Will always use them

Description of Work
empty our septic system

Work Completed On 04/30/2022

Thank you! We take great pride representing our family-owned business. We look forward to servicing your needs in the future.

03/11/2022

Vincent R.

I originally called another septic company to do my five year pump out of the septic tank. This was our first time having this done because we didn't own the home the last time the septic was pumped. The other company was so incompetent and couldn't find the hole to pump out the septic tank after looking for about 15 minutes. They told me they would need to git a backhoe to come out a dig. I assured him that I remember the selling real estate agent telling me that the previous company that did the work didn't have to go through all that hassle. I was able to find out that the previous company that did the work was Great Falls Septic Service so I gave them a call. The technician was able to find the septic tank riser, which was buried about 10 inches down in about 2 minutes. I am extremely pleased with the service that I received. The technician was extremely efficient, technical, professional, and courteous. I would highly recommend Great Falls Septic Service.

Description of Work
Septic tank pump out

Work Completed On 03/11/2022

Review for Great Falls Septic Service Inc - 380 Burnt Factory Rd, Stephenson, VA - 39656554

Thank you so much for the positive review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our services.

12/06/2020

J A.

Almost universally speaking, septic problems on weekends are never a good thing. Our basement started flooding and we discovered it as a septic issue. I started calling around — most businesses could not help until several days later. I finally called Josh at Great Falls Septic’s emergency line. He came quickly and had a swift plan of attack upon arrival. He give me the rundown of the problem, and gave us advice on how to avoid issues in the future. Josh was reliable, smart, skilled and honest. And well priced. I can not say enough good things about josh and Great Falls Septic. They made and awful Saturday morning flood turn into a great business experience. Thank you!

Description of Work
Septic work

Work Completed On 12/06/2020

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave this wonderful review. We are so glad we were able to help you out this weekend. We take pride in providing service to our customers at all times. Please call us whenever you need us!

09/19/2020

Luke B.

You need to be home and check that your tank was pumped properly. When the tank is properly pumped there will be 6-8 inches of lumpy sludge in the bottom. You need to specifically tell them and have them put it in your record that you want to be present when they are doing the work. I called a few weeks ahead to set a appointment. They will only give you a date and a AM or PM time frame. The driver is supposed to call one hour prior. On the day of service I called in the morning to get a approximate time frame. I was told after 11:30 am and the driver would call one hour prior. The driver did not call and came before 11:30 when I was not there. I called and asked that the driver return to dig up the access point to the tank so I could verify the tank had been pumped properly. Great Falls Septic assured me the tank had been pumped properly and refused to send the driver back. I dug the access point out myself and pulled the tank cover. There was sewage 4 feet deep in the tank. I called the next morning to report this and have the tank pumped properly GFS wanted me to wait 10 days. After the previous day's fiasco and going back and forth with them all morning I finally told them I wasn't waiting 10 days, I was calling VADPOR (Virginia Dept of Professional and Occupational Regulation) and another contractor to pump the tank properly. About a hour later one of the owners called me apologized and sent another truck that afternoon to properly pump the tank. Too much work to make them do the job that they are supposed to do correctly the first time.

Description of Work
Septic Tank Pumping

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

Review for Great Falls Septic Service Inc - 380 Burnt Factory Rd, Stephenson, VA - 38886971

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that you were not happy with your experience; however it is highly recommended that a small amount of water is left in the tank after pumping, as it is considered healthy bacteria and good for the overall maintenance of your septic system. Customer satisfaction is a priority to us and we will use your input to make improvements to our operation.

08/31/2020

Tania O.

They did a terrific job. They were punctual and showed up when they said they would. They were clearly experts with our system. We will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Septic pumpout.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. The Great Falls Septic team is thrilled to receive great feedback and we are beyond grateful for customers like you! We are here for you anytime you need us!

08/19/2020

Kent W.

Great Falls Septic pumped out our septic tank and they did a great job! Kurt was the service technician that came out and he was so polite and professional and called me before he headed our way and arrived right on time. He even took photos of where the tank head was located as we could not remember, and texted them to me. He gave us advice on things to do to help keep build up from occurring which I really appreciated. We had another company pump out our tank the previous time and they were terrible. Will be using Great Falls next time.

Description of Work
Septic tank pump-out

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Kurt will be so pleased to receive such a great compliment. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and Kurt really does his best to make the experience as pleasant as possible. We are so grateful for your support.

06/24/2020

Jonathan L.

We had used Great Falls before and were happy with them. We scheduled them to clean out our tank again this time. They called with a window of time, showed up at that time. Did the job quickly, when they were done, left the property as they had found it. Please with their prompt, professional service.

Description of Work
Septic tank clean out

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a great review. Our main goal is to provide high quality service and support to our customers. Sincerest thanks for your valued business!

03/22/2020

Michael T.

Prompt, friendly and thorough. Did exactly what we contracted them to do for quoted price. Thank you.

Description of Work
Pumping septic tank

Work Completed On 03/22/2020

We are so grateful for your business and glad that you were satisfied with your experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us an awesome review!

08/08/2019

christopher D.

Excellent. Timely, professional service and advice for maintenance.

Description of Work
Septic Cleanout

Work Completed On 08/08/2019

Thank you so much for the kind review. We do our very best to meet the expectations of our customers and we are so glad your experience was excellent!

07/10/2019

James M.

Great job, on time, clean up after pump out.

Description of Work
Pump Out of septic tank 5 year Fairfax County reguirment.

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your experience, and thank you for your business!

03/23/2019

Thomas M.

These people are great. Kurt came right on time(called first) and did a good job. He was very nice to deal with.

Description of Work
Pumped out septic tank

Work Completed On 03/22/2019

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience; Kurt will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We are incredibly grateful for your business and look forward to seeing you again.

01/23/2019

sarah S.

Very well. There were $420 repairs which they gave us a short time. To have completed,

Description of Work
Pump septic tank.

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

We are so grateful for your business! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

11/29/2018

Simon R.

Very well. They said they were going to be in from 8am to 5pm and showed around 4pm. I’ve been using their services for a long time 20 plus years).

Description of Work
Emptied the septic tank

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

We truly value your business and we are so grateful you are a loyal customer!!

10/24/2018

Gerald D.

Edwin, who did the work, was pleasant and efficient, and he did a fine job digging down to the top of the tank, pumping out the sludge, and restoring the surface of the soil nicely. There was one problem. My front, asphalt driveway is not designed to hold the weight of the truck, and he initially drove up onto the driveway. At the time I made the appointment, I emphasized that the truck was to be driven around back and not onto the driveway. I phoned the day of the appointment and reminded the office that the truck was to be driven to the back of the house and that I would show the driver where to enter the path behind the house. My guess is that the office did not communicate this information to Edwin.

Description of Work
Pump out septic tank.

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honest feedback and we will use your feedback to improve our operation.

10/03/2018

Vining S.

Kurt came on time with the right equipment and know-how. Armed with a plot diagram of the location on our property he found the tank in short order. Kurt explained what he was doing and got the job done efficiently. The phone support for scheduling and follow-up is quite good.

Description of Work
pumped out septic system tank

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to leave a review!

10/01/2018

EMILY V.

On time. Efficient. Friendly. Informative. Complete cleanup and restoration. Price as quoted ($300). What more can you ask for? Completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Septic Pumpout - Conventional

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

We really appreciate your business and feedback. Thank you for choosing Great Falls Septic Service as your septic service provider!

08/21/2018

Lori S.

Punctual, professional, and well-mannered,

Description of Work
Pumping Of Tank

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing Great Falls Septic as your septic service provider! We are so grateful to have you as a customer.

03/28/2018

Tom P.

All work / reports completed were satisfactory.

Description of Work
Septic clean and inspect

Work Completed On 03/28/2018

Thank you very much for your business and for taking time to review our company!

10/20/2017

Robert C.

The Great Falls Septic Service team arrived as promised. They were highly professional, courteous, and efficiently accomplished the necessary actions for my septic tank. There were no surprises with the price quoted over the phone. Great Falls Septic Service has earned a new customer for life. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Septic tank pumpout.

Work Completed On 10/20/2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. We are so grateful you chose Great Falls Septic Service as your septic service provider!

09/25/2017

Geoff L.

Good communication. Execution was good as well. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Replace diverter valve and two distribution boxes.

Category excavators, septic tank

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

Thank you for your business and for choosing Great Falls Septic Service!

08/29/2017

Craig U.

Job done on time and reported to county without action required on my part.

Description of Work
Pumped septic tank.

Work Completed On 08/29/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our company, and for choosing Great Falls Septic as your septic service provider!

08/14/2017

William W.

Technician arrived on time and completed the work proficiently.

Description of Work
Clean out septic box