Caring for your septic system properly can mean the difference between paying a few hundred dollars and paying thousands of dollars for a replacement.
Get matched with top septic system services in Gaithersburg, MD
There are 28 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Gaithersburg
- Capitol City Plumbing LLCAn indoor cast iron sewer pipe stack was leaking. AJ and his team replaced the cast iron pipe with a PVC one. I am very pleased with their work and they cleaned up afterwards.
- J & G Septic ServiceI called J&G for a clog in one of our septic pipes. They promptly responded and successfully cleared the clog. Upon clearing the clog, we determined one of the lines was not correctly sloped. J&G gave me a quote to correct that issue, and to replace an old iron pipe that had corroded. Upon starting the work, J&G found an unexpected second septic tank, which they cleaned, and determined that most of the drain field was not sloped correctly. They spent an extra day correcting all the issues, and stayed within the original quote. Super-happy with the service, and would definitely call them again
- Virginia SepticMark Smith/Soils, Inc. was recommended to us by the Fairfax County Health Department, that recommendation gave us a lot of comfort during a very stressful time when one of our drain fields failed at our child care center. Mark and his team helped us through that whole nightmare with the utmost professionalisn, attention to detail and patience. We are grateful for their honesty and integrity, and for our relationship not ending when they received their last payment, as we have had to call them back for several other reasons. We highly recommend Soils, Inc., and if you have any questions or need any further information, please call me at 703-501-7270
- Great Falls Septic Service IncI originally called another septic company to do my five year pump out of the septic tank. This was our first time having this done because we didn't own the home the last time the septic was pumped. The other company was so incompetent and couldn't find the hole to pump out the septic tank after looking for about 15 minutes. They told me they would need to git a backhoe to come out a dig. I assured him that I remember the selling real estate agent telling me that the previous company that did the work didn't have to go through all that hassle. I was able to find out that the previous company that did the work was Great Falls Septic Service so I gave them a call. The technician was able to find the septic tank riser, which was buried about 10 inches down in about 2 minutes. I am extremely pleased with the service that I received. The technician was extremely efficient, technical, professional, and courteous. I would highly recommend Great Falls Septic Service
- Virginia SepticExcellent experience. Virginia Septic was easy to work with, they were responsive and informative throughout the process.
- J.V. Harrison's Backhoe & SepticGreat response to my request for service. Promptly returned my call on a Friday and came out that Saturday. They accurately diagnosed and resolved the issue. Very knowledgeable. This is fourth septic company I have dealt with over the years and I will be staying with them.
- Michael & Son Svc IncMy entire house was having some plumbing issues. They were able to fix the problems. I will use them again in the future.
- Michael & Son Svc IncThey do plumbing, electrical and several other things. I guess I spent $250 or $300 or something like that on their services. I wasn’t here when they did the work unfortunately. From everything I’ve heard, it sounds like they explained what had to be done and how it had to be done. It sounds like they provided professionalism appropriately from what I can tell. They mainly installed the pump and it worked for me. I came home and I didn’t detect that they had left things around a mess. So I guess they did a good job cleaning up. I didn’t see anything that was left and so they obviously took care of it. They did okay for what I needed at that time. It was a last minute kind of thing. They came and got it done, and it didn’t have any crunch. I don’t know about the price because I don’t know how much it should have cost. I’m assuming they might be a little high compared to the other plumbers only because they’re such a big company. They do some big jobs. At the time they were willing to come out and do the job. So the job wasn’t done based on price. So far the quality is good. The sump pump is still working and it’s doing what it’s supposed to do. It sounds like they did good work. They needed to do an electrical outlet and so they ended up doing electrical at the same time. They were responsive and they came right out. I will use them again in the future
- A & A Septic Repair Service, LLCRick treated my home like it was his personal home. He was professional, responsive, and completed the repair faster than I thought he could. I highly recommend him
- Brownie's Septic and PlumbingThis company is a fraud. They pumped my septic system in April 2022. Tenants started to have sewer issues a few month later. I hired another to inspect and they found that the inlet tank was not pumped. Don't use this company for anything.
Last update on October 26, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Gaithersburg, MD
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
A septic distribution box (D-box) is an essential part of your septic system. Find out how much a replacement costs if you need a new one.
Your home’s septic system needs a little TLC to keep running efficiently. Follow these tips to extend your septic system’s useful lifespan.
Find septic tank services in
- Montgomery Village,
- Washington Grove,
- North Potomac,
- Aspen Hill,
- North Bethesda,
- Sandy Spring,
- Garrett Park,
Septic Tank Contractors in Gaithersburg, MD
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- JOHN SEEK SEPTIC TANK PUMPING21616 1ST ST
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20882
- Michael Bonsby Heating & Air Conditioning LLC7950 Cessna Ave
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879
- Pillar To Post Home Inspectors, Montgomery County210 Perrywinkle Ln
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878
- Potomac Mechanical Contractors 18925 Premiere Ct
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879
- JOHN SEEK SEPTIC TANK PUMPING
- 911 Restoration of Washington DC5419 Vine Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22310
- 911 Restoration of Washington DC
- A-1 Trenchless Services LLC23208 Ridge Rd
Germantown, Maryland 20876
- All Above Plumbing221 St James Dr
Glen Burnie, Maryland 21061
- AMRPAW ORG LLC3260 Grayton Ln
Nanjemoy, Maryland 20662
- Applied Restoration Group13880 Berlin Turnpike
Lovettsville, Virginia 20180
- AZ Plumbing, LLC6903 Bethnal Ct
Springfield, Virginia 22150
- A-1 Trenchless Services LLC
- D A Sensenig t/a Frederick SepticPO Box 1914
Frederick, Maryland 21702
- D&G Remodeling12814 Prestwick Dr
Fort Washington, Maryland 20744
- DAY & NIGHT PLUMBER LLCPO Box 539
College Park, Maryland 20740
- Delaware SepticPO Box 79
Middletown, Delaware 19709
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Dj's Plumbing Services LLC8006 Owens Way
Brandywine, Maryland 20613
- Douglas & Son Services19801 Bucklodge Rd
Boyds, Maryland 20841
- D A Sensenig t/a Frederick Septic
- Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC4867 Wheatstone Drive
Fairfax, Virginia 22032
- Gidders & Sons Plumbing LLC
- KING AND SONSPO BOX 374
Damascus, Maryland 20872
- KING AND SONS
- Maryland Worx, LLC3701 Woodspring Ct
Randallstown, Maryland 21133
- Merrifield Garden Center - Gainesville Location6895 Wellington Rd
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- Michael & Son Svc Inc5740 General Washington Dr
Alexandria, Virginia 22312
- Monticello Pump Service Inc8518 Virginia Meadows Dr
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- MOXLEY PLUMBING INC11820 DARBY RD
NEW MARKET, Maryland 21774
- Mr Rooter Plumbing & Heating3701 Commerce Dr Ste 105
Baltimore, Maryland 21227
- My Plumber Heating Cooling & Electrical 6897 Gateway Ct
Manassas, Virginia 20109
- Maryland Worx, LLC
- R & P BACKHOE SVC INCPO BOX 254
Clarksburg, Maryland 20871
- R V Careys Plumbing And Heating14650 Rothgeb Dr Ste C
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- R&E CHIEF SEPTIC LLCPO Box 199
Mount Airy, Maryland 21771
- Ramos Plumbing & Handyman Services206 Mount Vernon Pl
Rockville, Maryland 20852
- Real Plumbers7321 Livingston Road
Oxon Hill, Maryland 20745
- Rocket Rooter Plumbing426 Reading Avenue
Rockville, Maryland 20850
- Rooter-ManP.O. Box 9271
Silver Spring, Maryland 20916
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup10404 Morias Ct
Manassas, Virginia 20110
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup7800 Waterloo Rd
Jessup, Maryland 20794
- RTF Associates Inc142 E Main St
Westminster, Maryland 21157
- R & P BACKHOE SVC INC
- Tri-County Pump Service Inc6711 Old National Pike
Boonsboro, Maryland 21713
- Tri-County Pump Service Inc
Septic tank companies that service Gaithersburg
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.