Home insulation has many benefits: it’s energy-efficient, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective. It’s worthwhile but requires planning. We’ve laid out the key things to know before installing home insulation.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Nikiski, AK
There are 1 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Nikiski
- Houle Insulation IncIt was great. Arne was really friendly, right on time and answered all of my questions. He provided a bid on the spot($2500)and talked me through how the project would be completed if we went forward. He was also able to give me some idea of when the project could be scheduled(a couple months out)and how long it would take from start to finish (a couple days). We decided to do a major remodel instead of only insulating the walls otherwise we probably would have gone with Houle insulation
- Case & Gamble ConstructionGreat! Case & Gamble were very professional and communicated well throughout the process. Would absolutely hire again.
- Jensen ConstructionDave Jensen worked with us months in advance to understand what how we wanted the kitchen layout, cabinets and counter top design to be like. Dave always looks like he is thinking out loud (which he is), and that might make you think he is not listening. HE IS listening, and is very perceptive. This resulted in all kinds of mistake-avoidance that helped our project immensely, especially when we were working with the great cabinet guy (Matt Ess) at Builders Millwork Supply. When the project actually began, Dave and David were extremely professional, efficient, and effective. They also work well with their go-to electrician, who consults - then David does the work. They worked with a plumber who consulted - then David did most of that work. Every single aspect of the work Dave and David Jensen did was fantastic and perfect to the smallest detail. I can't wait to have them work on our home again
- Jensen ConstructionI have a small alcove above our gas fireplace in the living room where the previous owners had a 73 pound, 42 inch TV professionally installed (or so I thought). When it came time to upgrade the TV, I discovered that there were no studs there and the TV was hanging from just reinforced drywall. Also, the area was poorly insulated and had no vapor barrier. I asked Dave and son to cut into the wall, install some studs for the TV mount to attach to, and improve the insulation/vapor barrier situation. They did an outstanding job of adding the studs, filling up the void with insulation, installing a vapor barrier, and even went above and beyond by redoing the electrical and HDMI boxes so that they could better seal those areas off with foam. Once finished, it looked much better than it originally had and after painting you couldn't tell anything had been done, plus it is now noticeably warmer there. I really appreciated their craftsmanship, attention to detail - especially when refinishing and retexturing the wall, and a strong desire for the finished product to be perfect. I will definitely be hiring Jensen Construction again
- Jensen ConstructionThe quality of the work met and exceeded our expectations. I was impressed with the attention to detail and the quality of work. They were quick, tidy, yet very miticulous. I feel like we got good value for the work completed. Dave and his son were knowledgeable and helpful in regard to other projects we were looking to complete this year. There were some items that went over our budget but that was because of issues that were discovered going thru construction. That is expected with any job. I would use them again in the future, they were a pleasure to work with
- Jensen ConstructionServices were conducted on-time and to the standard that was promised while staying in the cost range of the cost estimate. Dave is a professional that knows what he is doing and gives you relevant advice. He does not upsell, only tells you what your problem is and tells you what he can do to fix it in the long term. I would work with Dave again any day
- Jensen ConstructionIt went fairly smoothly; I was hoping to have the job done in three days as first estimated, but it took five, and then the extra items of the garage roof and attic work took a few more days. They took over my garage, and my car had to be outside for over a week. Cleanup was pretty good, although one day they forgot totally to clean up one room (the bathroom - one that had to be able to be used, of course!) Mr. Jensen seems to be very detail oriented, and I appreciated that. I would definitely hire him for any other home repair or remodeling job
- Jensen ConstructionThis was supposed to be a fairly small, one day job. The project was to remove a wall that was installed to house a big screen tv. Behind this wall was supposed to be a wall that had been completed during the building of the house. An easy demolition and clean up job. However when the wall was removed the back wall was not completed, or even sheet rocked. This now became a much bigger job, requiring much more time, labor, and materials. Even though Dave was on a very tight schedule he never complained and did his due diligence and took his time and made sure the project was done to mine and his satisfaction. He is very meticulous and caring in his work. He goes the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. I am very impressed by his and his son's work and work ethic. He also made sure every thing was picked up and clean when he left the job site. Definite 4 stars
- Jensen ConstructionWe had a good experience with Dave and Jensen Construction and would definitely recommend him. We spoke with several other contractors to get this work done and Dave was the most reliable by far. Dave gave us a written description of the work that would be done with cost estimates for materials and labor. The estimate noted certain contingencies so we would be aware of what might increase the cost (ex. unexpected site conditions). He also answered our questions and explained what he intended to do in detail so we could understand the work involved and feel confident that it would be done correctly. Dave's work looks good and it seems like it will hold up well. The fence and the damp proofing have only been through part of a winter so far, but so far-so good. Would definitely recommend giving Dave a call
- Jensen ConstructionWent and bought all the materials for me with my knowledge of what he was buying and brought in the machine and blew insulation in and throughout my entire attic and since then my heating bills have gone down drastically!!! I AM PLEASED!!! With the service and my bill coming down by hundreds of dollars throughout the year. Job Well Done
Insulation Companies in Nikiski
- Business Description:We Insulate using Green Products (BioBased 501w Soy Based Spray Foam 1/2#, Demilec Heatlok Soy 2#, Demilec Agribalance 3/4#, Knauf Batts, Johns Manville Batts, Jet Stream Eco Blow in, Attic Pro Blow in, Climate Pro Blow in, Cellulose (Thermo-Kool) Blow inRecent Review:The Estimate: The representative arrived as scheduled. We entered the crawlspace and he examined the area to be insulated. Photos were taken. We discussed in depth the one area that might cause problems and insured that I was aware that area might be problematic. He asked if I had further questions then informed me he would get an estimate after discussing the job with others at the office. A few days later the estimate arrived and it indicated in detail what would be done. Everything was outlined as I requested, giving particular detail to the one problem area. The Scheduling: After accepting the work description I was contacted by a scheduler giving me a specific day that the work would be done. The job details were covered again, I was informed of the deposit required, and was insured the job would be completed as described. The actual work: The work crew arrived as scheduled and on time. The first worker arriving once again briefly discussed what would be done. A short time later the crew boss arrived and he insured me that the work would be done as required. We briefly discussed the one area (the problem area) of concern and I was informed he was aware and would do his best to complete it. The work began. All of the old insulation batting was removed, bagged, and taken out of the crawlspace. I was amazed that there was such a small quantity of existing insulation. All of the rim joist areas were filled with foam as specified, then thick batting was applied to the perimeter walls and sealed in place with foam. The problem area was “opened up” and the foam was blown into that area. Upon completion I was informed that it would smell for awhile in the crawlspace but nothing was hazardous about the odor. I was shown some photos of the work completed. Later in the day I inspected the area. The job was very complete. The concrete walls appeared as if a military drill instructor had supervised the work. Everything was cut level and even and looked very good. I looked at the problem area and was amazed at the great quality of the work. That evening I noticed that my furnace did not fire up as often as usual and that the back room of the house above the problem area was much warmer than before and now the same temperature as the rest of the house. Follow Up: Within a few days I was called by the scheduler and informed that if anything needed additional work, to give him a call. The final bill was sent. Recommendation: Polyseal insulation gets a very high recommendation from me. The company used the minimal number of workers required to do a fantastic job. The area was left free of debris and I was informed to call if anything was not done as expectedJames W.
- Business Description:Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction. business lic #50121 specialty contractor lic# 1573Recent Review:Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!MARK V.
- Business Description:Weatherize Alaska, LLC is a locally-owned company dedicated to providing high-quality customer care. We offer insulation, air sealing, forced air duct sealing, urethane spray foam and other energy-efficient services. We provide free estimates. Weatherize Alaska, LLC is licensed (Alaska License # 133351), bonded and insured. Additional Website: www.weatherizealaska.neRecent Review:4 years later - still vacuuming up material from the duct sealing. While the report showed they had sealed the ducts, the improper and inadequate installation was so poor. Total waste of money paid to this contractor. Ducts not cleaned beforehand. Left Untrained and unsupervised staff to do the work. Material did not stay in the ducts. Home damaged. Work done in 2017. Vapor barrier work was okay but again damage while doing the work. Hopefully this company has learned how to do the work properly since 2017m s.
- Business Description:General Contractor
- Business Description:I am a franchise business that is growing fast. Our mission is to always do more than what is paid for. We enjoy the trades and the motto we live by is " We think we know it all so just call"
- Business Description:Solar Wolf is a full service solar company with a great reputation and an old world belief to our customers. To under-promise and over-deliver, period. We have 18 years experience in construction, remodeling, roofing, solar water heaters, solar pv systems, battery back-up systems and much more. See what Solar Wolf Energy can do for youRecent Review:I requested and received quotes from several installers ( From EnergySage.com) for a solar panel system with LG panels When we had Solar Wolf come out for a site visit they wanted to substitute a cheaper panel and charge us the same money even though we decided to go with a smaller system with eight fewer panels. We rebid the job and found another installer to install the original 48 LG panels and still paid $10,000 less than what Solar Wolf wanted. We actually found several installers that were much cheaper. It pays to shop around and do your homeworkJohn C.
- Business Description:We work with all of the major insurance companies and bill directly. Our strong team of certified water damage professionals are there 24/7 to clean up and extract and emergency service situations that strike your home or businessRecent Review:At first and throughout the process they were professional and prompt. The problem is that instead of cleaning up after themselves they left my house in shambles. They disconnected my dishwasher not only the plug in but the hoses under the sink were disconnected. For no reason. The dishwasher did not in any way interfere with drying the wall and did not need to be disconnected. They also removed my trim from the window and disconnected my light fixture. They left their taped floor covering on the floor, the crawl space open and they even left their own power cord that they didn't bother to pick up. The place was such a mess it's no wonder they didn't notice it on the floor. When I called them about the mess they were like didn't you hire someone to clean up? I'm like no!! I hired someone to repair the drywall you drilled holes in not to put the furniture back and reconnect my dishwasher. Let's just say it was a very unsatisfactory conversationSara B.
- Business Description:An insulation energy conservation company with the mission of properly insulating buildings and reducing heating costs. Free estimates, prompt project completion, 7 days a week 7am - 8pm, cash, invoice, credit, A+ BBB rating, 15 years experience. Based out of Anchorage Alaska
- Business Description:Insulation services for home or business, remodel or new construction. FREE ESTIMATES.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Installing a radiant barrier is an excellent way to keep the heat out of your home. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to install a radiant barrier yourself in five easy steps. Though, you’ll want to bring some friends to get the job done.
Is DIY fiberglass insulation safe? Handling fiberglass could cause a range of health issues related to skin, eyes, organs, and even cancer. Knowing how to avoid fiberglass dangers is important when planning a DIY insulation project.
insulation contractors in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services905 Muldoon Rd.
- 24hr Arctic Heating, Thawing, and Drain Services
- Accessible Homes IncPO Box 220494
- Ace Dragon Coatings & Foam Inc.43009 Morning Circle & 52518 Nikishka Beach Road
Kenai & Nikiska, Alaska
- Alas-Co General Construction Co Inc1111 E 80th Ave
- Alaska Power Vac LLC900 E. Agate Lane
- AMERICAN ROOFING LLC2330 LOREN CIR
- Arctic Energy Savers3915 Locarno Dr
- Arctic Quality InsulationPO Box 520050
Big Lake, Alaska
- Accessible Homes Inc
- Energy Savers2181 Cottonwood Loop
- Energy Savers
- FM2 Inc.1451 E Parks Hwy Suite 207
- FM2 Inc.
- INSULATE ALASKA LLC1600 Ermine St
- INSULATE ALASKA LLC
- Jensen Construction3307 Boniface Pkwy # 13 D
- Jensen Construction