Tree stumps are more than just unsightly. They can be hazardous, too. Find out why you need to remove a tree stump from the yard and the best time to do it.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Nikiski, AK
There are 4 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Nikiski
- SavATree PhoenixOutstanding job. Completely professional, showed up when they said they would. You would never know there was a tree there.
- Northwest Arbor CareMark showed up as promised, removed the damaged trees and trimmed some hedges without incident. Very pleased with his work.
- Dimond tree care& landscaping LLCThey were at my home an hour within posting. I had storm damage so I was glad they were quick. They were finished a few days and only came back to remove the stumps.
- Paul's Tree ServiceExcellent! I emailed Paul yesterday with my issue and he was able to get the tree removed less than 24 hours later. Quick and efficient and very pleasant to work with. This is my second time using this company and I will continue to recommend them to anyone with tree issues and would use them again in the future
- Tall TreesProfessional. The crew removed the trees without debris falling into neighbors yards. Felled trees and branches all removed. Cost was reasonable - less than $300/tree.
- Paul's Tree ServiceIt was fantastic. No problems, all limbs came off without any damage to the existing fence. Then they returned to grind out the stump and the shredded material was hauled off. My yard is now ready to have the lawn replanted in the coming spring.
- Paul's Tree ServiceGreat! I've never seen a crew work as hard or as fast. Paul's professionalism - and the fact that he was working along side the other crew members - really made a difference. Results definitely exceeded expectations.
- Paul's Tree ServiceOutstanding job.... Showed up on time and was quick and efficient. He completed the tasks and cleaned up after. Very personable and knowledgeable. I will hire him in the spring, I would not use anyone else.
- Paul's Tree Serviceit went well. Paul was there at the time agreed on and removed the tree as agreed. He also cut a piece from the top of a birch tree next to the spruce as it was split. The spruce tree was about 70' tall and had a diameter of about 18". He left the wood and took all of the branches and junk. Paul was very professional and a pleasant man to deal with. The stump grinder was there the same day and completed the job as I had wished. also the discount was provided. very please
- Paul's Tree ServicePaul was actually here a little early. Since the trees were located beyond my fenced back yard, he carefully located his truck and equipment on my neighbor's yard, with permission, and with minimal impact on the lawn. He knew exactly what he was doing. I sat dumbfounded, watching him climb the trees, delimb them, then proceed to cut down the trunks. It's obvious he loves what he does. It was a delight to watch him work - one of my neighbors hired him on the spot to do some work. Paul is not only a craftsman, but a truly nice guy. I recommend him highly
Last update on September 22, 2020
Tree Service Companies in Nikiski
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Not sure if you should trim your own trees? Sometimes your tree problem is best left to a pro whose is trained in maintenance and other complex issues.
What is a privet hedge and why should you consider it for your backyard? Use this guide to consider the pros and cons along with upkeep and maintenance tips.
tree removal services in Nikiski
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bottom Dollar Tree Service16616 E Julie Marie Cir
Palmer, Alaska 99645
- Bottom Dollar Tree Service
- Carlos Tree Service Inc2451 Cinnabar Loop
Anchorage, Alaska 99507
- Carlos Tree Service Inc
- Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service19052 1st St
Eagle River, Alaska 99577
- Eagle Pest Control & Tree Service
- Jensen Construction3307 Boniface Pkwy # 13 D
Anchorage, Alaska 99504
- Jensen Construction
- My Computer Works7975 N Hayden Rd #C-320
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
- My Computer Works
- Paul's Tree Service7001 E 140th Ave
Anchorage, Alaska 99516
- Paul's Tree Service
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Sunshine Garden Services & Landscaping775 E. 100th Ave.
Anchorage, Alaska 99515
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Tall Trees6646 Homer Dr
Anchorage, Alaska 99518
- Tall Trees
Tree service companies that service Nikiski
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.