Jensen Construction

Founded 1984 • With Angi since February 2011

Jensen Construction is a small family owned company, in business in Anchorage since 1984. My business is under many categories on Angie's list. Almost all phases of construction. We take pride in the quality of work we provide and I, Dave Jensen take a hands on approach to ensure satisfaction.

woodworking (52)decks & porches (51)door installation (36)home remodeling (31)window replacement (26)flooring (22)drywall (21)handyman (20)countertop installation (17)plumbers (16)deck cleaning (15)fence company (14)

08/02/2022

SARAH M.

Dave went above and beyond on our door installation, even coming up with some creative fixes for alignment problems that the door supplier created (SBS). He's very detail oriented, knowledgeable, and really wants you to be happy with his work. We plan to work with him again for other home projects!

Description of Work
Installation of front entry (double) door and garage side door.

Category remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

06/08/2021

MARK V.

Dave did amazing work. We needed a full kitchen remodel on our downstairs unit that was basically falling apart. Kitchen now looks like something out of a magazine. He fixed a bunch of issues downstairs that were causing problems in our upstairs unit also. The backyard deck turned out great also. We found that whoever installed it previously, did so unsafely. He rebuilt it with trex decking, added rails, and made it bigger as well. Turned out beautiful and much safer now that we have a little running around. Well worth every penny we paid, which is much less than other quotes we had. That kitchen turned out so nice, that my wife wants to do our kitchen now too!!!

Description of Work
Full Kitchen remodel and new deck installation

Category closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, garage doors, handyman service, hardwood floor, lighting, plumbing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, fireplaces, garage builders, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Review for Jensen Construction - 3307 Boniface Pkwy, Anchorage, AK - 39362451

06/07/2021

Elizabeth B.

I've been reading Dave's reviews on Angie's List for over five years and have tried to work with him in the past but his schedule and mine just couldn't mesh. Last year we decided to replace the picture window in our living room with a bay window and called Dave for an estimate. Again, his schedule was packed but I decided to wait for him to be available and boy, am I glad I did! Of course, we obtained estimates from two other contractors for the work (which were a little bit higher than Dave) but they just didn't have the glowing reviews that Dave has. Dave lives up to every word in reviews! There were some scheduling difficulties and then an issue with the window (custom ordered) not being correct but Dave made everything right at no further cost to us. He kept us informed on the install schedule and completed the work in exactly the time he estimated (less than three days). During the install, he made sure I was aware of options/tweaks he could make so that the final product met with my expectations. I can honestly say that it looks EXACTLY the way I pictured it in my mind and I could not be more thrilled with the end result. We still have to paint it and Dave even called a week after the job was done to offer to paint the roof trim at no cost if we didn't have a tall enough ladder to reach it! Dave and his son worked quickly while still paying attention to detail, kept a clean worksite, and even made a small repair to our storm door that wasn't closing easily. There is no doubt I would hire Dave again for any home improvement or repair project. His attention to detail and commitment to excellence make him well worth the wait!

Description of Work
Replaced picture window with bay window

Category replacement windows, fireplaces

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

Review for Jensen Construction - 3307 Boniface Pkwy, Anchorage, AK - 39360517

01/18/2021

Karl H.

Great. Dave said it would take a day to install which happened but unforeseen construction paint and finishing added an extra half day. No problem.

Description of Work
Place a door inside an entry way to divide a room from the rest of house.

Category doors

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

10/30/2020

William E.

Very nice result. Dave has done a number of jobs over the years. He rescued a remodel that had left many loose edges and some improper installation, like the edge of a step that wobbled. Always gets thing correct. He demonstrates craftsmanship.

Description of Work
Had a gas fireplace installed. There was a housing on outside of house. It was not finished and some of structure was not right. Dave made structure proper then finished roof and applied shingles.

Category remodeling, garage builders, sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Review for Jensen Construction - 3307 Boniface Pkwy, Anchorage, AK - 38992149

10/14/2020

Mike S.

As usual with Dave, the only problem was catching him at a time when he was not fully booked with other people's projects. When I could schedule him, he was here as promised and completed the job quickly and meticulously. Also, as usual, he fixed a completely different problem he had noticed in passing, without any charge or hassle, I think simply because something that isn't write irritates his sense of perfection. I have used Dave and his eponymous son repeatedly, and will have no problem using them for any and all projects I have in the future. They are worth waiting for.

Description of Work
I needed to have a bedroom door (and frame) replaced.

Category home security systems, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

10/06/2020

David K D.

They helped us repairing chain link fence

Description of Work
Chain link fence repair

Category fencing

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

09/14/2020

Ann C.

I loved the quality of work Jenson Construction did on my bedroom windows so much that I plan on having them replace the remaining old windows in my house in the near future.

Description of Work
I needed my four bedroom windows replaced.

Category egress windows, replacement windows, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

Review for Jensen Construction - 3307 Boniface Pkwy, Anchorage, AK - 38872767

06/19/2020

Javier D.

Great work from Dave as usual. We hire him once or twice a year for home projects and him and his son do great work. They pay attention to detail and care about the quality of their work. He's done a variety of work for us in the last few years and it's always been great.

Description of Work
New flooring, stair rails.

Category flooring contractor, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

06/04/2020

Chris M.

Dave Jensen and his son Dave built and expanded an amazing deck. This project started after I had my portch rebuilt about one Month ago. Dave handled all the details, planning, lumber delivery, and installation of 2 Helical piles for proper support. This deck is built out of composite material with hidden fasteners. ALL the railing, 4x4s, 2x2s, 1x2s etc. in the picture are Cedar. This was done by Dave and we stayed within the budget. Anyone who know a little about wood knows Cedar is more expensive, but also a better choice and better weather resistant. Daves decades of finish carpentry work can be seen in the finished product. Both Dave and his Son Dave have attention to detail, take pride in their work, and show integrity. Its going to very difficult to find someone to take the time and build a quality project like this. My wife and I will be contacting Jensen Construction for our next project. Pictures to be attached soon. Thanks Guys.

Description of Work
build and expand a deck

Category decks, home security systems

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

05/30/2020

Elaine K.

Dave And David do extremely beautiful work. They always gives me better than I imagined possible. My new fireplace is lovely. The bathroom is gorgeous. (Dave met me at Lowe’s to pick out everything for the bathroom). They built a custom shelf to utilize the 4” behind the pantry door - they used darling beadboard for the back of the shelf. It’s unbelievably cute. I can’t recommend Jensen Construction enough.

Description of Work
Dave has replaced our kitchen countertops, remodeled our bathroom, built a fireplace, repaired earthquake damage, hung shelves, rehung doors, built custom shelves and cupboards, installed sliding cupboard inserts. He installed a built-in ironing board with a mirror door. Over the years he and his son have done so much, I can’t remember it all.

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, plumbing, home security systems, fireplaces, garage builders, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

05/04/2020

Rick M.

They did a great job putting up the mattael and associated columns and ship lap above the mantel. They also straighten out the gas fireplace box. He was a good contact and good to coordinate with. David and son are the ones that do the work.

Description of Work
Made a mantel and also straighten out the firebox gas instert

Category fireplaces

Work Completed On 04/04/2020

04/20/2020

Chris M.

Dave Jensen contacted me promptly after I submitted a request for quotes online. Dave came over and gave me an estimate for a repair and rebuild of a front portch. He gave several details about how he would fix problems and make several improvement to the original construction. The main problem was caused by frost heave on a support beam. I was given an estimate and sent several pictures of decks that Dave has built recently. After viewing the pictures and reading reviews online I decided to go with Jensen Construction. This was the right decision. Dave and his son Dave fixed the support with frost heave damage, rebuilt the whole portch with composite material, built a very nice rail, and custom stairs. These guys showed up onetime and were done in 2 days. Dave has attention to detail and it shows. The final results far exceed that the original construction. My wife and I are very happy, and are working with Dave on a deck rebuild and expansion project.

Description of Work
Front porch rebuilt

Category decks

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

Review for Jensen Construction - 3307 Boniface Pkwy, Anchorage, AK - 38508914

03/31/2020

Nancy N.

Jensen Construction was fantastic! I Hired them to seal a space between my chimney and the outer walls. They did a fantastic Job. The owner, Dave Jensen, came over quickly and assessed the work I needed. While he was here he noticed a few other areas that needed repair. Dave and his son even pre painted the wood needed for the project so it would match my trim. The price was very fair and The project was completed very quickly and professionally. I will hire Jensen construction again. Thanks Dave

Description of Work
Sealing a space between my chimney and the outside wall. Repairing loose flashing, Re caulking windows.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

Thanks for the review, have been doing lots of jobs, but I think some customers may think I have enough reviews already, over 150. Nice to get at least one a month to show that we are still going strong working in many categories of const.

12/11/2019

April L.

It went great. He arrived on time, very knowledgeable. What we thought was a small job turned into a large job. He spent the extra time to make sure the project was done right.

Description of Work
Replaced my back door

Category doors

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

11/18/2019

Kathy D.

It went great! I have used them multiple times previously.They do an excellent job. They pay high attention to detail and I would highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed flooring in my whole house

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

11/04/2019

Stephanie S.

It went great! He was punctual and he let me see the materials he was going to use before he actually did the repair. The work was flawless and I was extremely satisfied with the outcome. I would highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
Repaired a window (wood rot)

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/04/2019

10/25/2019

Marc G.

In two days the Davids completed a whirlwind of maintenance projects (repairing deck, stairs, roof fascia, flashing, window frames), as well as installed a brand new picture window with such attention to detail it was simply astounding. We will ave them back in the spring, and anyone with an older house looking to get some professional help can stop looking right now and give Jensen Construction a call.

Description of Work
A dozen maintenance projects and a new picture window

Category decks, electrician, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, deck cleaning, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

09/05/2019

Liam S.

I needed home repair due to the earthquake in November 18. Dave came on two separate occasions; the first time to replace our damage bathroom vanity with a new one, and the second time to repair the fence door. I am very pleased with the work that was done on the house - Dave is a professional in every sense of the term, and I will definitely be having him back for future projects.

Description of Work
Fence Repair and Bathroom Repair

Category decks, fencing, handyman service, plumbing, deck cleaning, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/24/2019

07/31/2019

Steve C.

Excellent work. Completed the job in one day but went above in making sure the job was down right. Punctual and professional. Would definitely hire him again for any home repair issues.

Description of Work
Outside water damage repair

Category decks, picture framing, remodeling, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

05/15/2019

Tim T.

Jensen Construction was professional with high quality work and very trustworthy. They cut through a wall and installed a sliding glass door plus installed a deck with stairs just outside the door in 3 days. Would hire again for any job around the house .

Description of Work
Sliding glass door install plus deck install

Category decks, remodeling, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

03/02/2019

Jane H.

Very prompt, courteous and professional. Arrived on time and completed each phase in the time he estimated, Kept me informed on what he was doing, any unanticipated problems he ran into and what was necessary to correct them. The repairs involved drywall repair, cabinet removal and minor electrical work. Area was cleaned up as he went along and at the end of the day. The job was completed to my satisfaction in a timely manner and at a reasonable price. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone and I plan on hiring him again for other projects and repairs.

Description of Work
Repair damaged sheetrock/remove cabinets in kitchen area

Category drywall, electrician, lighting