Curious homeowners may wonder: “How big is a septic tank?” Learn the average septic tank size and shape, and which one would work best for your home.
Get matched with top septic system services in Roberts, WI
There are 2 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Roberts
- Valley Septic ServicesValley Septic came on time, was very knowledgeable of all cleaning functions. I was very impressed with their service. They are a very honest company with high integrity.
- Darrell's Septic Service IncWe had hired Darrell via a referral from our Well Inspector. We had a tight timeline (5 days) to get the inspections done and had trouble getting paperwork in for him to start. However, Darrell was able to accommodate surprisingly well. We had to follow-up to see how things were going, but when Darrell called to give us a report, he was very thorough and let us know of the surprising findings that our septic tank was leaking. Unfortunately, through no fault of his own, Darrell does not repair or replace septic tanks so we had to go to someone else for that fix
- COUNTRYSIDE SEPTIC SVCTom is very courteous and will go over everything with you when he is done. If you are not home He will leave a invoice and addressed envelope at the door. He usually parks on the road or in the driveway as he has extra long hoses so he doesn't have to drive on the lawn, also when I was shopping around for this service I found that he was one of the cheapest. So it was nice that with a lower price came great service! His charge is 160 but there is now also a disposal fee per DNR regulations to have it dumped at a eater treatment facility, that fee is 73.48
- Schmitt & Sons Excavating IncThe work was completed on schedule - and within the price estimate. The crew was professional. We were pleased with their work plus the landscaping was well done. Schmitt and Sons Excavating Inc. left our property in excellent condition. We recommend Schmitt and Sons Excavating Inc. and would hire again
- Darrell's Septic Service IncI called Darrell to have him perform the required inspection of our septic system. Even though his grade was a "B", my neighbor had used him last year and had no issues. This is my first experience with a septic system and wasn't really sure what to expect. I set up a time frame (4 hour window) that they could come the following week. Dave showed up on the day he was supposed to and even within the time frame. He was extremely polite and took the time to explain what he was doing as well as what I could do to maintain the system. He also gave me a few "watch outs" that he has seen on other systems. The whole process took about an hour and was well worth it. I will definitely use them again
- Darrell's Septic Service IncI went excellent. Darrell arrived when he said he would and did a professional job. We recently moved to the country so we had several questions about septic and maintenance. Darrell answered all questions and gave us some tips to avoid issues in the future. I would recommend him to anyone needing their septic pumpe
- Darrell's Septic Service IncWe had to replace our septic lines and we worked with them for several years. They were very responsive, efficient and clear about what the problem was.
- ABC SEWER SVCABC septic is a fabulous company. They did a professional job. Very nice and knowledgable! Our septic is a long way from the road, he got to the septic tanks without driving on our lawn. Would highly recommend!
- Darrell's Septic Service IncGreat. We have had Darrel out several times. He returns calls quickly, his work is good and his prices are good as well. He is easily the best contractor we worked with while building our home. would recommend him to anyone.
- BOUMEESTER & SONS EXCAVATINGExcellent. Contacted them and they came out right away and assessed the problem, explained the alternatives, and provided me with their recommendations. Once I made my decision, they took if from there. Dealt with the county on permits, arranged for soil testing, arranged for septic tank pumping, ordered and had deliveried required materials, and then showed up and installed with-out us hardly knowing they were there. They did a nice job of cleaning up the affected area, reapplying the top soil, and smoothing out the area to be ready for seeding. I had them do some work for me a few years back and were impressed with their approach to the business. Stay small enough that they can maintain control of quality of workmanship and not bury themselves in debt to finance equipment. Because of this, and word of mouth recommendations (neighbor originally recommended them to me) they have managed to stay busy in this slow economy. I thought their prices were fair and their quality excellent. Would definitily call on them in the future if a need arises
Last update on October 24, 2018
Septic Service Contractors in Roberts, WI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Septic systems that run poorly can ruin your backyard enjoyment. Here's how a well-maintained drain field can help your septic system work well.
Find septic tank services in
- North Hudson,
- River Falls,
- New Richmond,
- Star Prairie,
- Oak Park Heights,
- Deer Park,
- Lake Elmo,
- Spring Valley,
- Glenwood City,
- Cottage Grove,
- Marine On Saint Croix,
Septic Tank Contractors in Roberts, WI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bohl & Proulx Plumbing1280 W River St
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin 54729
- Bohl & Proulx Plumbing
- Certified Inc350 Sunday Dr
Altoona, Wisconsin 54720
- Certified Inc
- H & H Plumbing200 Bremer Ave
Colfax, Wisconsin 54730
- H & H Plumbing
- Premier PlumbingW3745 State Rd 85
Durand, Wisconsin 54736
- Premier Plumbing
- Ryan Plumbing Inc7557 Kent Ave
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54701
- Ryan Plumbing Inc
- T L Sinz Plumbing IncE5609 708th Ave
Menomonie, Wisconsin 54751
- T L Sinz Plumbing Inc
Septic tank companies that service Roberts
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.