Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions, LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since July 2013

Looking for clean, courteous and professional plumbing & heating service? Then call Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions, LLC, the company that truly cares. We install and repair all types of plumbing, water treatment equipment and hot water heating systems for residential projects. Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions is an owner operated business run by Kurt Koegel. Kurt has over 30 years experience in the industry. He holds a current MN Master Plumber's license and is fully bonded and insured. We look forward to helping you find the right solution for your plumbing, heating or water treatment project. Call us today (320)766-6767. We accept all major credit cards....

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

plumbers (26)water heaters (7)HVAC Companies (5)water softeners (4)gas leak repair (2)

04/30/2022

Jeremy P.

Kurt was absolutely excellent. He quoted me a fair, comprehensives price after coming to my house and explaining the issues and what needed to be fixed (I found out my main shut-off was leaking and not up to modern codes!). Then, once I gave a deposit, I had the job scheduled and completed within a week. After the job was completed, he gave me a run-through of everything that they did along with a short tutorial on the water softener. That included fixing the main-shut off as shown in the picture. Finally, after signing one form, he said that he would turn in the $750 rebate to ALASD for the water softener for me. Overall, I would certainly use them again for any of my plumbing issues.

Description of Work
Re-piped main pipes and replaced the water softener (ALASD qualified rebate)

Work Completed On 04/27/2022

Review for Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions, LLC - 20196 County Road 3 NE, Miltona, MN - 39716640

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your service experience with us. We are looking forward to working with you in the future.

03/14/2021

Holly W.

Went very well. They are honest, reliable. Friendly, respectful.

Description of Work
Unknown source of leaky basement

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your thoughts with us. Glad we could help find the source of your water problem.

01/15/2021

Kent H.

Kurt of Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions in Miltona MN is the most detail oriented professional plumber I have ever had work in my home. He responded within a day of my email inquiry and was able to meet me about a week later at my home to review the project. He said he was interested in performing the work and he meant it. He explained what would be done and took electronic notes for each repair site in the house. I then asked him to look at the existing 10 year old natural gas boiler which had recently been causing problems regarding faulty ignition, a cold zone, and short cycling. He expressed concern regarding that boiler’s installation as many components and pipes from the original 1964 oil burning boiler were still in place. I then requested a boiler replacement proposal too. Subsequently two detailed proposals were presented to me for the whole house water filtration system installation plus various repairs including a new well tank and a separate proposal for a new 85% efficient boiler system including justification (problem list of the current system) for a smaller more appropriate boiler in a 2500 square foot house and all new peripheral components including thermostats plus antifreeze which was not in the existing system. I accepted both proposals and work began less than two weeks later when mild winter weather was forecast. Some of the new boiler fabrication was done at Kurt’s business to minimize time without heat in my house. All of the major components were brought to my house day one of the two day project. Filter, well tank, and repairs were done day one requiring perhaps four hours of no useable house water. Boiler installation on day two went smoothly too and house heat was off for about six hours. The new compact LAARS Mini-Therm boiler, glistening copper pipes, tank, pump and four zone controllers was a work of art and lights out better than the previous system. All four zones were labeled and shut off valves were placed where needed. Kurt worked with a three year apprentice Ethan. They returned on day three to inspect their work, orient me to the new systems, label turn off valves and verify that the new boiler was running and heating the house properly which it was of course. In one week antifreeze will be added to the heating system water. Drop sheets were used on the floors, cleanup was complete, COVID19 face masks were worn and the whole plumbing experience was outstanding at a fair and honest price. Office communication and documentation were excellent. Thank you Kurt and Ethan for a job well done.

Description of Work
Boiler (natural gas) replacement, installation of a heavy metal whole house water filtration system and various plumbing repairs throughout a 1960’s house in west central Minnesota.

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

Review for Koegel Plumbing & Heating Solutions, LLC - 20196 County Road 3 NE, Miltona, MN - 39135995

[Member Name Removed], What can we say but WOW! Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a detailed review. Honestly there are no words to express just how thankful we are for great customers like you. We truly enjoyed working on your plumbing and heating project and we look forward to being of service in the future.

06/25/2020

Linda J.

Great! Kurt Koegel made an initial visit to evaluate the setting. We were deciding between a regular water heater and a tankless one. Kurt was professional and straightforward with pros and cons. We based our decision on the information he provided and believe we made the best decision for our situation. The removal of the old water heater and installation of the new one was flawless. We had excellent communication with the company through the entire process. We highly recommend Koegel Plumbing.

Description of Work
Removal of old water heater & installation of new one

Category plumbing, water heater repair, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking time out of your day to share your service experience with us. Glad we could help you make the best water heater choice for your family. We truly appreciate your recommendation.

07/24/2019

craig S.

Excellent service, friendly and arrived precisely at the time estimated. Price...well, plumbing work is expensive regardless of who you get.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Work Completed On 07/24/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your thoughts with us. Glad we could help.

03/31/2019

Kathy M.

I would highly recommend Koegel Plumbing and Heating. They always do a fantastic job and we plan to use them for all our plumbing and heating needs.

Description of Work
Water leak and changing filters

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for sharing your thoughts with us. It was nice to see you again. We hope you have a safe and happy summer season.

11/27/2018

Ryan W.

The process went really fast, including warranty paperwork. Kurt showed up, checked out our original water heater and gave us his expert advice. We chose to replace the water heater since the warranty still covered the appliance. They showed up the next day and swapped it out in no time (note - new heater was larger, so this involved shortening and moving pipes to accommodate), plus they handled our warranty paperwork. My wife and I highly recommend Koegel Plumbing and Heating!

Description of Work
Diagnose failing water heater and replace if necessary

Work Completed On 11/21/2018

Thank you for the great review. It was our pleasure to take care of your leaking water heater.

07/08/2018

Cindy A.

Kurt coordinated the Generac distributor, the electrician, installation of the concrete pad and hooked the generator up to our LP gas tank. Everything went smoothly and as planned. The site was cleaned up perfectly after the work was completed. Kurt is our first and only call for any plumbing and heating need. He also did a pre-purchase inspection on the mechanicals at a shop we purchased, which we were grateful for. We really trust his opinion.

Description of Work
Kurt managed the installation and hook-up of our Generac Generator

Work Completed On 06/15/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for taking time out of your day to share your thoughts with us. Thanks again for asking us to install your generator. We are very happy to hear that your experience was a positive one. We look forward to being of service in the future. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

08/15/2017

Elizabeth S.

Koegel Plumbing & Heating did some work for me today. They were in time, professional and did an excellent job. After they were done you would not have known they were here. No mess!! I have never had a service person put down pads to protect floors, etc. Also gave good recommendations on things to watch and what to do if gone for awhile. Thanks Kurt and Dana.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink and faucet replaced, 2 shower heads replaced, washer hoses replaced and floor drain ubpluggrd

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

Thanks [Removed Member Name]for reviewing our service on Angie's List too. Thanks for sharing such wonderful comments.

04/12/2017

Fred L.

Excellent!!! After arriving home from a two week road trip and having a load of laundry, we found an unpleasant surprise. While away, our water heater expired. Sunday morning at 10:30 AM is not the time to discover this event. We called our neighbors whom recently had a water heater replacement and they offered their plumbers phone number. After calling him and finding out we were out of luck, we started to get stressful. The local ones were not our second choice we wanted to make. The thought occurred to me of Angies List. We used this service once before and had great results. I found Mr. Koegel on the list with many reviews and very good ones at that. My wife was somewhat skeptical of my approach, but went along with me anyway. I visited their website and it said they are not open on Sundays. I called just the same to leave a message and hope that Monday, he would call. Shortly after I hung up, he returned my call and told me he could come at 9:00 AM the next day. He and his wife arrived a few minutes before nine and was ready to work. Much to my surprise, he serviced this brand of electric heater. He assessed the problem and within a short period of time established contact with the manufacturer and arranged to replace our heater. He promptly had it replaced before noontime and by one o'clock we had hot water. I was very impressed with his technical knowledge of water heaters and how to prolong their lifespan. His thirty years of experience paid off for us and I fully recommend his service. His service charge was very reasonable for his time and service.

Description of Work
Water heater replacement

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

Thank you Mr. L for the review of our services. It's always a pleasure to help out great people like you and Mrs. L. We look forward to assisting you in the future whenever needed.

12/09/2016

Pat H.

It went well thanks to Kurt who was prompt,professional and courteous. Although he could not fix the problem (which turned out not to be plumbing related) he was able to diagnose and offer a solution. We have mold in our crawl space. He referred us to someone else and will explain what needs to be done to that person before they call us. We will definitely call Kurt if we have any plumbing or heating needs in the future and would gladly recommend him to our friends and family.

Description of Work
Contacred them to investigate odors in our bathroom. We thought it was plumbing related which it is why we called them.

Work Completed On 12/09/2016

Thanks for the great review, it was our pleasure to help figure out the problem.

11/30/2016

craig S.

Glad I had Koegel! Very personable, right on time and very professional. Not sure about price compared to others - all plumbers are expensive I think but I was very impressed with their service!

Description of Work
Needed someone to check a leak in basement and to install kitchen faucet. Since then had him come back to fix my bad plumbing work in shower!

Work Completed On 11/29/2016

Thanks so much for your honest review, we appreciate great customers like you!

11/01/2016

Jack R.

Timely, pleasant, professional and clean service. Look forward to future use.

Description of Work
Added a water hammer arrestor and then blew out all the pipes and and poured rv fluid in all drains and in dishwasher and clothes washer closing up seasonal cabin.

Work Completed On 10/21/2016

It was our pleasure servicing your cabin. We look forward to working with you in the future.

09/26/2016

Mark V.

Koegel Plumbing & Heating is very professional, prompt, courteous. He always explains what is wrong, gives options on fixing it and is very patient with answering questions. He cleans everything up when he is finished and leaves the area looking just like it was when he arrived. I would highly recommend him for any of your plumbing needs!

Description of Work
I needed a water heater checked and fixed.

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

Thanks for the great review, we appreciate your business!

08/18/2016

Carol A.

Went very well! Prompt! Very neat worker...used drop clothes....vacuumed up any mess! Called to check on appointment availability and fortunate for me, Kurt had a hole in his schedule for the next day. He was here at the time he said he would be here. Very professional...focused on the job and worked efficiently.

Description of Work
Removed old and installed new garbage disposal, removed old and installed new dishwasher, removed old and installed new downdraft vent including vent work to accommodate the variation from previous vent. Troubleshooted an internal leak in new dishwasher (unrelated to his plumbing connections).

Work Completed On 08/04/2016

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your detailed review. We appreciate great customers like you!

07/28/2016

Cindy E.

Kurt and his wife were awesome to work with! They are truly professionals and care about every aspect of the job they are doing - they were very careful in how they treated our home and our property while doing the installation. Each day they were there, everything was cleaned up and you could hardly tell they had been there - that means a lot to me! They explained what they would be doing and that's is exactly what they delivered. Once the install was complete, whenever we have had questions, they have been available to answer all of them - that says a lot for their business ethics. Thank you - we would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Installed Fujitsu heating/cooling units in our entire house.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

Thanks for the glowing review and referring is to your family!

07/22/2016

Cheryl P.

Great. He was very professional and prompt

Description of Work
Install new toilet plus install and repair flange

Work Completed On 07/22/2016

It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to helping in the future.

07/19/2016

Hank W.

All the jobs went very well, Kurt was always on time and always wore shoe covers ,laid down tarps on walkways to keep everything clean. Everything worked well after he finished. I would recommend Koegel plumbing and heating solutions for all your plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Install water softener--install water heater--install faucet on outside of house--put in new shower, toilet and sink in upstairs bath--put in new lift pump for downstairs bath.

Work Completed On 02/10/2016

Thanks Mr. W for the review! It's always a pleasure to work for you and Mrs. W!

07/18/2016

Ken P.

First class job by them. Clean professional job.

Description of Work
Moved over my washing machine connections and Dryer. They also installed a new SS bottom mount sink and faucet.

Work Completed On 01/26/2016

Thank you for your great review, it was our pleasure to help you with your project!

09/07/2015

Irene T.

Kurt rescued me from an unusable kitchen sink. Water leaked from the pipe that extends immediately below the sink basin - creating a huge water collection under the sink that warped the boards completely. Couldn't use the kitchen sink, because the water created instant flood. Kurt has a busy schedule, but fit me in by the next day. He replaced the hardware from the sink I had installed a year before (not an expensive sink, so the hardware that it came with created a problem), and also replaced the boards/floor under the sink for me - a big deal, since the boards require jigsaw cuts to get around the plumbing - tools and skills I don't have. (He also repaired a chimney flue, and looked at an issue with a toilet that same day. The $534 included all projects) I also had Kurt install a water heater and well pump at our cabin about a month ago - both work perfectly -great water pressure, plenty of hot water, which stays true to the temp setting (I know this because Kurt checks the water temp settings with a thermometer from the running tap to be sure factory settings are true temp. This helps avoid scalding or other issues if factory temps aren't spot-on). Kurt is very thorough - I have worked with Kurt for 2 years now, over multiple projects (both install and repair projects). Once he's worked on something, I never worry about that item again - it's done right the first time. Always prompt, always courteous, and fair. Fully reliable. I've worked with many contractors - Koegel Plumbing and Heating is one of my highest recommendations among any contractor across any industry.

Description of Work
Repaired a faulty/unusable kitchen sink Installed a water heater and well pump

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners

Work Completed On 09/07/2015

06/11/2015

Cindy A.

Kurt is kind and knowledgable. He knew how to help us immediately when we described our failing sump pump activity. When we asked about a back-up sump pump option, he provided an affordable, fail-safe solution. While at the house we asked him to check out several other items since we had just purchased our home. High rain had presented dark, cloudy water. He cleaned the screen on our water softener and suggested increasing the cycle time, which worked. He found a leaking dishwasher drain hose in the basement to fix. He also changed out our rubber washing machine fill hoses and replaced them with mesh hoses to prevent a hose burst. All of the work was professionally completed. He was quick to respond to our needs. His business is close to our home. We are happy to say Kurt is now "our" plumber, a title he has earned.

Description of Work
Installed a high volume sump pump with a self-charging, battery redundant, sump pump for back-up. Replaced 2 rubber hoses on the washing machine with mesh covered hoses. Replaced a leaking dishwasher drain hose. Cleaned the filter on the water softener.

Work Completed On 06/11/2015

Thanks so much for your kind words! We love what we do because of great customers like you!

05/20/2015

Georgia H.

Very well! Kurt was courteous and wore shoe protectors when in my home. He investigated the problem and tried to fix it without making any additional holes in walls but it was not possible. Before he did any additional cutting, he consulted with me as to where would be the best spot to cut into the drywall and showed me what he was going to install. I appreciated him explaining what happened and how he was going to fix it. He also installed a shut off valve for our outside faucets which we really should have. He also mentioned that if we need any other work done in the future he would be happy to give a recommendation because he is in a networking group in the area. Super helpful, great service.

Description of Work
Repair leak in wall, found hose faucet split in wall. Install a new frost proof hose faucet and repiped. Install access door in master bedroom wall. Install new shut off valve for outside hose faucets.

Work Completed On 05/16/2015

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you in the future!

02/20/2015

Jody A.

I found him to be very respectful of my questions. He explained everything he did, and showed me the problems before he did any work. I found him to be very creative with solutions. I think he knows everything there is to know about plumbing. He is funny! I have been telling everyone that I know that I found a great plumber.

Description of Work
The first visit in January was to determine the septic smell leaking into the house. He toured the house & looked at all of my plumbing fixtures. He found the source in the basement. In the process of searching for the source, he discovered some other problems. He replaced a toilet & corrected some previous problems with PVC pipes that were installed improperly. He also installed a gravity feed system for our water softener salt, and solved our sulpher smelling hard water problem.