Having a septic tank system requires some maintenance. In order to avoid hazardous incidents or health problems, read below to learn some key septic tank safety tips.
Get matched with top septic system services in La Crosse, WI
There are 2 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in La Crosse
- Advanced Plumbing SystemsI called Advanced Plumbing Systems because our septic tank could not be pumped out into the mound. We set an appointment time & Bob actually showed up a half hour ahead of time to check things out. Bob determined that our mound system was clogged & needed to be jetted. We dug up the ends of the mound system pipes so Bob could see what parts he needed & to determine the pipe size. He returned when he said he would & installed cleanouts on the ends of the pipes & had a pumping company perform the jetting. Everything is back to normal now & I highly recommend Bob & Advanced Plumbing Systems. Bob is punctual, professional, & very easy to work with, unlike another plumbing company I tried to work with. As long as he is in business I will never use anyone else
- Advanced Plumbing SystemsOn a frigid January day, right after New Years, our septic alarm activated. The pump had failed. Knew nothing about who to call, so just called Advanced out of the phone book. Two guys showed up within a few hours, with everything needed to repair the situation. I was impressed. In 20 below weather, they used ropes and respirators, replaced the pump, and were done. Thanks, Advanced. Will be calling them shortly for a pressure tank/water heater install
- Martin Pump ServiceBruce Martin is the owner. He does excellent work. He is very, very reasonable. Actually, everybody pays him extra for the work he does. He is the very best. He is the greatest, and if you had him in some other place too, you would call nobody else.
- Bernie Buchner PlumbingThe actual bill was less than the estimate. They showed up on time, put the line in, tested it, and cleaned up the mess. They were very professional and did a great job.
- Brabant Septic Tank CleaningThey let me know if there were any problems and there wasn't. They did the inspection required. On time and good price.
Last update on December 24, 2014
Septic Service Contractors in La Crosse, WI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Building a house on raw land means paying for trenching, sewer and electrical lines, well digging, and septic installation. Here’s what it will cost.
Find septic tank services in
- La Crescent,
- West Salem,
- Coon Valley,
- De Soto,
- Spring Grove
Septic Tank Contractors in La Crosse, WI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- JAKE WIESER CONSTRUCTION INC7750 TT RD
Houston, Minnesota 55943
- JAKE WIESER CONSTRUCTION INC
- LIPINSKI Plumbing HVAC CompanyW4666 County Road B
WEST SALEM, Wisconsin 54669
- LIPINSKI Plumbing HVAC Company
- Sage PlumbingW6293 Wendtland Road
Onalaska, Wisconsin 54650
- Sage Plumbing
- US Water, LLC6905 Venture Circle
Weston, Wisconsin 54476
- US Water, LLC
Septic tank companies that service La Crosse
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.