Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Christiansburg, VA
There are 3 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Christiansburg
- J S S RemodelingJames is a complete professional. He did exactly what we contracted to do, did it in a timely manner, was always on time and keep his job site clean and neat. Couldn’t ask for a better experience with a contractor.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.The work was done in a timely and professional manner. We added many tasks during the renovation and each was met with suggestions for proper repair and timely execution.
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Arthur, the owner, was prompt, courteous, and reasonably priced. He stuck to his original quote and did not go over budget. He had a few different workers on site, but consistently had Eric on the project. We appreciated the continuity as it was usually just the female of the house and our young child at home. They were both very friendly and thoughtful in regards to being around children. The job took a little longer than expected, however I would much rather it take a few extra days and be done with the high quality level that Art and his team strive for. The team always made themselves available by phone or text with questions or requests (they even solved a few problems for us for free:). Their knowledge of so many different areas was impressive and there didn't seem to be anything they couldn't handle. We will definitely use Jackson & Jackson again for future projects
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.Amazing. Art and his crew are top notch. No detail was overlooked and the communication was excellent. They were very clean, and my new roof looks great. They made sure everything was proper, including cleaning out the gutters when they finished! I paid $3,600 in labor and about $1,600 in material. My roof is about 20 squares. The work was done in less than a week! I will definitely use Jackson and Jackson again
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLCI actually used Lowe's in Christiansburg for some remodeling and home work and it was this company who did the actual construction. No complaints all around, both Lowe's and ACM were very nice, professional and timely. The work was completed yesterday and the house looks just like it did before the workers got there. I had a LOT of painting and remodeling done by a previous company who really trashed the house, floors and kitchen countertops so this was a very nice change. The work that ACM did looks great and everything is working just fine
- Dollman Construction, IncThe crew that was onsite during the renovation was great as well. They always kept the site clean and was respectful when asked questions about the process. They were also very knowledgeable about construction and codes to make the house very sound. The house is around eighty years old and with the work they have done I can see it being around another eighty or more. The office staff was always willing to help with any questions or concerns we had and would promptly respond if they could not answer right then. Working with Dollman Construction was one of the best choices we made. People do not even recognize the house now that it is complete they did such a great job
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLCAll aspects of the work, from initial evaluation, planning, pricing, timely completion and craftsmanship were outstanding. I have worked with residential contractors on many projects over the last 30+ years, including construction of a new home. Never have I had such a favorable experience, as with this contractor. He saw to it that there were no deviations from the design plan and schedule. Crews came early and worked late, even coming in weekends, if needed to stay on schedule. In all aspects, the commitment to quality of the work and finish was the main concern. While the work was underway and unforeseen issues or modification possibilities for improving the end result came up, the contractor was there, personally, to give us suggestions and choices. In fact, the contractor was on-site 90% of the time, supervising his crew. The result was efficient progress and precision in the work. I expect to do other home updates in the future and hope to work with this company again. I give the highest possible recommendation to Appalachian Construction and Maintenance for anyone planning to do residential remodeling and construction projects; their service coverage area includes the New River Valley, Roanoke Valley, and other parts of SW Virginia. In presenting this review, I assure readers that I have received no special consideration, financial or otherwise, from Appalachian Construction and Maintenance LLC, nor do I have any personal or family relationship with the company or any of its employees. The approximate cost, show below, includes both the kitchen remodel in 2016 plus the bathroom, powder room, study, and bedroom remodeling in 2017
- Mills Roofing and Home ContractorI am going write a short introduction to those who do not want to read a page of examples. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor" IS the business to hire for ALL of your, exterior needs including window replacements. I PROMISE!!! I am a perfectionist and Ricky Mills exceeded all of my expectations. I have had multiple contractors/construction crews at my house over the years and NONE have ever paid attention to details or cared about the quality of their work like Ricky. He is not just a construction worker, or contractor...HE IS A CRAFTSMAN!!! If you would like to contact me, email me at email@example.com. I will promptly call or email you!!! I will even send you pictures. Please refer to the last two paragraphs if you want a quick synopsis. During June, 2016 I noticed several shingles of our roof were missing. I knew that some of the exterior wood, on our wood house, was rotten. I needed three windows installed (one is a custom, triangular window 4'6" x 6'6"). I called eight roof/home contracting businesses. I was not looking for the cheapest contractor nor the fastest. I was looking for the business that would do the job properly. Ricky Mills of "Mills Roofing and Home Contractor", was the second business that came to my house. I do not trust contractors at all, yet I had an instant feeling of trust with him. After I interviewed the other six contractors, I gave Ricky the job. Thank Goodness I did!!! I had one contractor tell me he was the only one who could get a particular brand of roof shingles because he ordered so much of it. That was a lie! Ricky could have installed it and at the same cost. I had two other contractors come over who did not even get on my roof to look at it...what? Within two weeks he had a team here...tore off the old roof and put the new one on in two days. All materials were hauled away. Our roof was in such poor shape he needed six more pieces of plywood and he did not charge me extra (like other companies said they would). Before and during roof replacement, he found many issues that he pointed out to me. The siding against the roof was rotten; the chimney was so rotten that moss was growing on it; and one of our exterior wood walls was literally falling down. After we fixed one problem, we found another. And after I watched him fix several issues, I knew he had the skills to fix anything. For two months Ricky and his team worked on my house. The reason it took two months was because he and I kept finding rotten or poorly made exterior walls and supports, and I kept asking him to help me repair other issues. He had other jobs on his schedule, so he worked me in between them. He was worth the wait! I re-hired Ricky Mills in November to tear down our wood decking to install Trex, and to replace a metal ceiling and fan for our screened in porch. He performed this work, while we were out of town. Yes, Mrs. Perfectionist, scared of being robbed let Ricky and his team perform the work while we were out of town. In the end he replaced my roof, rebuilt several exterior walls, reinsulated and rebuilt internal wall supports, replaced all the gutters, rebuilt the chimney, removed our old custom-made triangular window, and ordered/installed a new one, put two new windows in a spot where a door was, installed vinyl siding, wrapped the fascia on our roof line, tore down wood decking and installed Trex decking, and tore down the metal ceiling of our screened in porch and installed a new one including an exterior fan He did things I did not ask him to do...little details to make the house look better (for example, he wrapped a piece of wood in the back of our house with the same metal he used for the fascia....he could have just had me caulk the joints and paint it). I will emphasize that I was looking for the "guy/team" who would do the job CORRECTLY, not the cheapest, nor the fastest....I just wanted the job done right! I hired the man who added his own creativity to our house so that it looks better...he did not charge me more for his creative touch, yet it took more time and looks phenomenal. I paid Ricky Mills more than his invoices because I did not feel he was charging enough. His craftsmanship and creativity are UNBELIEVABLE! I will NEVER hire anyone else! Even my husband, who built our house, was stunned at the work Ricky, and his team performed. My husband said "Wow, he is a craftsman. Our house looks like a 4-star restaurant compared to a Taco Bell" And, as a side note...we went from about 1000 stink bugs last year to about five this year. Hire him...he is well worth it!!!
- Dollman Construction, IncWe hired Dollman Construction to do the design work for our remolding project. We loved the ideas they came back with! Dollman Construction started the project about a week sooner than expected which was convenient for us. Overall the project went extremely well! We would recommend this company to anyone
- Ronnie LaBrie General ContractingRonnie LaBrie is a dream contractor with whom to work. He is a truly talented carpenter and designer. He is honest and we won't consider using anyone else. He is a true professional in what has been a nightmare industry for us in the past. Beginning to end he did as promised and the end result was even better than we expected
Contractors in Christiansburg
- Business Description:We are a Class A General Contractor Specializing in All types Concrete Work and General Construction.Recent Review:There work exceeded my expectations. I was very concerned about this job because my husband and I had just had some trees removed, and our yard had been limed and reseeded. It just worked out that I hired ConWorx to do this work after my yard had been done. I mentioned to Mr. Bailey that I didn't want the yard tore up with heavy equipment, so he and his crew dug out the dirt for the foundation by hand. When the job was finished, my yard was left in impeccable shape. I love my new concrete slab. The slab is level and should serve us well. We are excited to install our new storage shedArlice B.
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Rosen Contracting has been offering top quality work at a fair price since 2003. We are dedicated to delivering a top quality job on time and budget. All work is completed correctly from start to finish. I do want to say I have been doing this long enough to know that we are among the top contractors in the Roanoke Valley. We show up on time,work until completion and make sure that you are happy with every detail including cleaning up after ourselves and making sure that we take the necessary..Recent Review:They took my $1,500 and RAN! Never did the work. It’s been 2 years and I finally have the chance to take them to court in hopes to recover my money. Run fast from this place.Tonya D.
- Business Description:We are a drywall sub-contracting company specializing in drywall, plaster, water damage repairs, acoustical ceilings and painting. Licensed and insured.Recent Review:Person came out and did measurements and I was told he would call back the next day with an estimate. No calls. I attempted to contact them five days later and Mr Brooks would not respond. I have no idea why he did not have the basic business sense to at least call but I could never trust them. The worst I ever dealt with and by far the most unprofessional. They are not even amateuRichard N.
- Business Description:We know your home is your castle, and you don’t trust just anyone with your castle. When it’s time for repairs or insurance claim restoration work, Abracadabra Restoration Specialists will Restore YOUR American Dream! It’s not magic—we are Roanoke, SML and Blacksburg’s premier insurance claim specialist, roofing, wind, water & hail damage restoration contractors. Our dedication to customer service is why we have 5 star and completely satisfied customer approval ratings. Our experience helps k..Recent Review:Aspen had replaced my roof two years previously. They charged for many improvements which they did not do. Some of those were important and should have been done--especially the flashing around the skylights and the chimney. Mr. Williamson saw to it that the shingles they would need to replace the ones that had to be torn out would match what I had. That meant having to get the same brand and color. They took care of most of the roof work in one morning. Building the cricket and installing the flashing took time. When he came back to work on the interior he finished the roof work by painting the flashing so it would match the roof. They also had replaced a boot for the gas vent, which should have been done with the new roof. <br /> It took Paul 4 days to take care of the interior damage. But the bathroom looks so good now that nobody could tell there had been a problem. The ceiling and two walls needed sanding, replastering, and painting. It looks terrific! He did it in such a neat, tidy way that I am totally pleased. Furthermore, the interior work was done in such a way that there was little disruption to the family. He managed to complete it all before Easter. That is, nearly complete it all. He will come back in a few days to apply a second coat. But this has not been a problem. He used a fan to help dry out the walls, the fresh plaster, and the paint. He came when he said he would, did not leave me hanging and wondering when he would return. He was always polite, considerate, neat, and professional. <br /> I am so sorry that I did not know about Abracadabra Restoration Solutions before I had gotten my roof replaced!! I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs a roof replaced or damages repaired!!Darla A.
- Business Description:Black Mountain Renovations offers a variety of services our specialty is Kitchen and Bath remodeling.We also are skilled in other areas a well.Any job any size. We will be happy to provide an edtimate upon request local estimate free travel estimates may reqire a refundable fee if job is secured and completed.Callus today with any questions or to schefule an appointment for estimate.Chris@(540)397-9233 Pamela@(540)247-193Recent Review:Chris was friendly, punctual and dealt with weather setbacks calmly and reported back to work when weather permitted. Checked for our approval every step of the way.Marcy W.
- Business Description:ALLEN MASONRY INC. is a family owned small business located in Radford,Va. since 1977. We have 4 full-time employees 2 part time employees. We have a class B Virginia contractor license. We accept cash, check, or credit cards
- Business Description:Class A General Contractor Since 1984 Free Estimates Residential and Commercial
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Prices Fork
- Copper Hill
- Bent Mountain
- Poages Mill
- Cave Spring
- Boones Mill
general contractors in Christiansburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Woman's Touch Cleaning LLC1101 lora lane
- Abracadabra Restoration Specialists LLC5034 Lee Hwy
- ADR Construction Services183 Smith Farm Rd NE
- ALLEN MASONRY INC1814 3rd Street
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLC480 Independence Blvd
- A Woman's Touch Cleaning LLC
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Beck Builders Inc1133 Forest Lawn Dr
- Benjamin Bear Associates / O.L. TURNER & Sons Inc.P.O. Box 20276 Roanoke VA
- Black Mountain Renovations5972 Twine Hollow rd
- Boothe Construction Co2728 Dell Ave. N.E.
- Brooks Drywall Solutions Inc1202 Missouri Avenue
- BT Home Improvements, LLCP.O. Box 38
- Build It Square285 Easy St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)
- CCR Home Improvements240 lucas street
- Chapman Contracting LLC100 Nicholas Dr Trlr 4944
Clifton Forge, Virginia
- Community Housing Partners448 Depot St NE
- ConWorx1695 N Franklin St Suite B
- Cornerstone Contracting LLC4735 Maple Branch Rd.
- Creative Concepts LLCPO Box 1511
King George, Virginia
- Creed Trim & Floor Finishing5116 Wayside Dr
- Crowe ServicesP.O. Box 11712
- Curb Velocity1977 Nace Rd
- CURTIS DEACON CONTRACTING INCPO BOX 343
- Custom Construction Company, Inc.7539 Milk-A-Way Drive
- CCR Home Improvements
- Friendly Structures, LLC1106 Kentwood Dr
- Friendly Structures, LLC
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Tom LLC3159 Bobcat Ln
- Harrington Contracting962 Etzler Rd
- Haynes Building & Pump Service125 North Main STREET # 500- 252
- Heartwood Construction, Inc.1210 Merrimac Rd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.P.O. Box 19542
- Jackson Enterprises125 Arrowhead Trail Suite F
- Jerry's Roofing & Home Projects4430 Scenic HWY
Mt Solon, Virginia
- JIMO3844 Welcome Valley Rd
- JM Campbell, Inc.5678 mt. tabor rd.
- JMS Builders & Developers, Inc.1481 Little Timber Ridge
- Job Sight Inc5155 Crystal Creek Dr
- Jackson & Jackson Inc.
- kcsi construction1838 Tuckahoe Dr
- kcsi construction
- M&R Residential300 Union St
- M&R Residential
- Noah Construction521 Tennessee St
- Noah Construction
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Southern Contracting1300 Scott St Lot 33
- Stanleydemo902 Bridge St SW
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- WEV Construction2335 Kellington Ct
- Wilson Construction Company875 Church Street
- Windows and Home Renovations DirectPO Box 277
- WOOD CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING4505 12 OCLOCK KNOB RD
- Woodworks Restoration & Remodeling IncP O Box 6675
- WEV Construction