If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Get matched with top moving companies in Christiansburg, VA
There are 17 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Christiansburg
- ElJay Services LLCVery smooth and easy. I moved from Harrisonburg, VA to Blacksburg, VA. I was already working in Blacksburg and my wife was still in Harrisonburg. El Jay arrived at 8 am to pack me up. They had me unloaded and everything in the correct room by 6pm. They were efficient with their time, careful with my valuables and respectful to my family. I will hire them again for another move. 10/1
- VKH MoversI was really surprised with how low the quote was provided by VKH Movers. Luckily, they backed up that quote with four amazing movers. The boys arrived on time and packed everything carefully. They worked tirelessly around my house packing everything. It took no time to finish loading everything onto the truck. The delivery was made on time and nothing was missing. I couldn’t find any new scratches on my pieces while they were in their custody. I really got an amazing service from VKH Movers at a very low cost
- Virginias All American MoversExcellent. The guys that packed the truck the day before the move were professional, polite and very respectful of my former home. The day of the move the owner was with one of his guys. It was a quick move in to the new place. They placed furniture and set it up if necessary. This is the second time I have worked with this crew and will do so again in the future when I move again! Price was reasonable for the move and they were true to their word that my particular move would be a flat rate with no additional fees - even when I added a few extra furniture pieces. Highly recommend Ben and his guys to help you move!
- Collegiate MoversGreat experience. Polite friendly workers, punctual, quick work, and no damage. Came in under estimate. Would recommend Collegiate movers for any large or small move!
- Moving BrothersAmazing guys who were respectful, efficient, careful and fairly priced. I wish I had used them when we moved to Denver - but we will DEFINITELY use them for future moves!
- Bright Eyed MovingI relocated from Roanoke Va back to Dallas TX and the move was flawless. Alex and Jacob were incredibly professional and careful with my items. Alex loaded my goods in VA and unloaded in TX and was right on time and had me moved in after 1 1/2 hours. Excellent job!
- Bright Eyed MovingWonderful! Alex and Jacob were professional, polite and careful with my goods. My second experience with Bright Eyed and this was the best move. Seamless and great move! Thanks Alex for all you did!
- Adam's Moving & Delivery ServiceSuch a pleasure to work with these guys! I hired Adams Moving a few years ago to help my daughter move into a new home. She thought they were "fabulous" and I decided to use them now that we were moving. What a great and painless part of our move! Adam's was immediately responsive and was able to fit us in on very short notice. They walked me through everything I needed to prepare, quoted me a price per hour and gave an estimate of hours, then confirmed a couple of times to make sure all was set. The three guys who came to move us were on time, friendly and professional and FAST! I couldn't believe how quickly they emptied our condo, packed the truck, then delivered all our stuff to our new place. They did everything we asked, then asked if there was anything more they could help move, to take advantage of them being there. No damage or threat, even to the artwork, and everything went very, very smoothly
- Southern Movingrandall, owner was professional. he came by in person to assess the job and discuss my needs/concerns. the packers did an excellent job. ran errands and came home with work completed. movers were excellent. no dents, dings or breakage. very careful moving furniture in house. felt movers were trustworthy. price was well within the quote for packing and moving including supplies. will hire again without a doubt and highly recommend to others
- Olympia Moving & StorageOlympia was my last of 4 estimates. They were not the least expensive. My experience with Olympia was terrific from the get go. James, the estimator was honest and informative. He explained exactly how their company would handle the move. The movers were punctual, friendly, polite, and extremely efficient and professional. I found that to be the case picking up my household goods and delivering them. Candy, the moving coordinator, was friendly, professional, and really led me through the process. This move was our first in 30 years. Olympia made it a positive experience
Movers in Christiansburg
- Business Description:Southeast Van Lines is fully licensed and insured. Our Atlanta moving crews consists of fully trained professionals who have been educated on the proper execution of modern moving techniques that will assure the items they handle are transported with the utmost care. We have the experience and equipment to make your move in Atlanta or the surrounding areas a success. Southeast Van Lines offers local, commercial, long distance & International moves to and from Atlanta and any other city in the..
- Business Description:We except Credit Cards Military Discounts Available We sell Boxes for your move
- Business Description:Collegiate Movers is a locally owned moving company with a combined experience of 20 plus years. We move residential customers all over the U.S. as well as commerical businesses for relocation or expansion. We base everything on our free estimates. Check out collegiate-movers.com to get your free moving estimate
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:We are a full-service local and long distance moving company based in Northeast Ohio. Our #1 goal is comprehensive customer satisfaction. With smiles on our faces, we perform every task required to get you from point A to point B. From packing up your junk drawer or custom crating your chandelier to disassembling and safely moving your grand piano, we have you covered. Our movers are professionally trained to complete your move seamlessly. Our moving professionals are experienced, proficient,..
- Business Description:Save time and money NOW!! CELEBRATING over 15 years in Auto Transport Business!! Giving all Angie's list members $25 off on any auto transportation! Work directly with the owner, Nichole Hilton! Call or text 24 hours @ 310 686 5318. Please know you will have assistance from start to finish and we are aware of how to fulfill all transportation needs!! All insurance is included in the rates we provide. Call 888 318 0080 for any questions. http://www.hiltonautotransport.coRecent Review:It was fantastic - there was some unexpectedness that could of resulted in delays but Nicole was amazing she found us an alternate who did a spectacular job at an amazing price -and Nicole was fantastic at responding to texts and keeping us informed -highly recommenSonia A.
- Business Description:United Freight of America is your all inclusive transport solution. CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE. please include pick up and Drop off locations and vehicle informationRecent Review:Extremely smooth process! Very happy with their service, would def recommend.Adam W.
Deals in Christiansburg for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
You’ve amassed quite the collection of valuables, and you’d like to keep it that way. Boxing up delicate items requires a steady hand and a full-proof plan. Use these tips to learn how to pack fragile items for your next move.
Find moving companies in
- Prices Fork
- Copper Hill
- Bent Mountain
- Poages Mill
- Cave Spring
- Boones Mill
moving companies in Christiansburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&A's Home Improvement1436 6 1/2 st.
- A1 Home Improvement1815 Clinton Ave SE
- AAAA Self Storage & Moving7240 S Barrens Rd
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- Affordable Cleaning Solutions Inc.P.O. Box 940
- Affordable Mini Storage, LLC1250 Lee Highway
- Affordable Movers496 VJ Drive
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Apperson Self Storage1910 Apperson Dr
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- A&A's Home Improvement
- Bates Moving & Storage815 Benny St
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Best Twins Moving of Roanoke221 11th St NW
- Blacksburg Pool Table Movers1420 Hillcrest Dr
- Bright Eyed Moving1844 Columbus Rd Suite A
- Bates Moving & Storage
- Fast Motion Auto Transport700 Louisiana St. Suite 3950
- Fast Motion Auto Transport
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC175 Walnut Ave
Bronx, New York
- Infinity Moving & Storage Inc - NYC
- Knight Moving & Storage1144 Corporate Park Dr
- Knight Moving & Storage
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Millennial Movers, LLC118 Eanes Cir
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving By BrianPost Office Box 2282
- Mansion Movers
- Organize It Roanoke!PO Box 20823
- Organize It Roanoke!
- PODS Moving and Storage3726 Thirlane Rd
- Premier Transfer & Storage Inc1175 Intervale Dr
- Premier Transfer and Storage Inc3101 Commerce St
- Prisma Cargo Solutions LLC555 8th Ave
New York, New York
- Project Move UP841 Crestwood Drive
- PODS Moving and Storage
- S&D Moving Co2075 1st Ave
New York, New York
- Sllim Transport Services860 University City Blvd 107
- SmartLock Self-Storage3274 Peppers Ferry Road
- Smooth Transitions of the Blue Ridge2231 Woodcliff Rd SE
- Southeast Van Lines, Inc.6095 Northbelt Dr
- Southwest Virginia Moving and Storage195 Sullivan Street
- Stanleydemo902 Bridge St SW
- STONEGATE DESIGNER DELIVERY, INC11942 Sherman Road
North Hollywood, California
- Stultz Construction LLC3970 Kirk Hollow Rd
- S&D Moving Co
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics