AB Moving - Dallas

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2005

AB Moving is a Texas professional moving company serving homes, apartments and businesses across Texas, with crews in the Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin and San Antonio metro areas. We have been in business since 1996 and move over 50,000 clients annually providing award-winning service and competitive rates in each city we serve. We practice COVID-19 protection with masks and sanitization procedures. On every move we offer free shrink wrap, use of wardrobe boxes, as well as quilt padding. Angie's List Super Service Award winner as well as Big D mover of the year. Call 469-294-9490 for a free quote on your next move. We do Free Virtual Estimates, too....

A Service Provider's profile image

+10 more images

movers (1206)storage unit (24)piano movers (12)

06/08/2022

Mike M.

I have used them for the last 15 years. The last move I had included the same furniture and driving distance but it took them over 3 hours longer. When I asked why it took them an hour and 15 minutes to drive from Frisco to Dallas the mover laughed at me and said it was 45 miles away. It’s was actually 21 miles away. If you chose to use them then you will need to micro manage them. I don’t like being take. Advantage of and being lied to. Oh and even though I paid for three movers. One mover didn’t move a single thing.

Description of Work
Moved furniture

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

03/10/2022

Aydee N.

Great even helped me find someone in vegas to help put everything in our new house

Description of Work
moving our furniture

Work Completed On 01/08/2022

02/27/2022

Padraig O.

Difficult job getting piano up a flight of stairs with a bend. They damaged the walk and 3 wooden steps. Cost me $800 plus tip to repair the damage to rental home. They offered only $100 to reimburse.

Description of Work
Piano removal to new home

Work Completed On 10/17/2021

Review for AB Moving - Dallas - 1701 Summit Ave, Plano, TX - 39641884

08/16/2021

Christopher H.

It was a bit expensive and we tipped. We later find out they stole items worth 1000 in total. Xbox series X, mem card, headphones, 2 controllers. We called the company they told us they werent going to do anything to help us out.

Description of Work
Moving a small 2 bedroom

Work Completed On 08/15/2021

01/09/2021

Thomas R.

The crew came in, had to get boxes, but when they worked they were quick, efficient and took care of my possessions. I would use them again or recommend them again.

Description of Work
I needed to move from a home to an apartment

Cost $785.26

Work Completed On 12/26/2020

11/16/2020

Glenda W.

Perfectly wonderful. Excellent team. Everything went as expected and no surprises. AB sent notices and timeframe. The moving team of Gerry and Tina was beyond professional and knowledgeable. They never stopped once for a break even until they were ready to leave. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Move to Houston from Frisco

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

10/27/2020

Albert J.

The gentlemen worked professional, tirelessly, without even taking a break. I was truly impressed by their laser focus on completing the job safely and in a timely manner. 5 stars to A B Moving company.

Description of Work
Storage room Moving

Category moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

10/25/2020

Ella G.

3 hours late outside of the arrival window and crew damaged multiple furniture during the move, but customer service won’t reply once they take your money.

Description of Work
Local move.

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

10/06/2020

Pat H.

I was impressed with their service.

Description of Work
Moving from Irving, TX to Bullard, TX. 3 bedroom house, no packing, just furniture and boxes moved. Are any moving materials provided.

Work Completed On 10/04/2020

10/06/2020

Anh H.

AB moving was good few years ago but now it’s getting so bad Very irresponsible and rude Damaged lots of stuffs and especially my piano during the move They said the piano movers were professional but it turned out false They scratched the piano and when they put it back, they put screws in wrong places Get rid of AB moving please

Description of Work
Moving from Plano to Allen

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

09/27/2020

Michael L.

The issue I had was AB MOVERS sent the wrong truck twice after their agent assured me that the truck(s) they were sending would accommodate my specific needs/request. As a direct result, the job moved into the 3rd and 4th hours. Four hours to move a 600 sq. ft. apartment with no appliances less than 300 yards. The crew was A+ outstanding. AB MOVERS gets a C+.

Description of Work
Moving apt to apt

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

09/23/2020

James S.

Overall it went well. Couple items that were broken or scratched. Didn't notice if anything was broken or scratched when it was put in the storage unit because it was packed super tight. Noticed damage when I finally moved out of storage unit into the house about two weeks later. Not sure which crew did the damage or if it was a combination of the two. Either way, the crew was friendly.

Description of Work
Needed to move to and from a storage unit

Work Completed On 09/05/2020

08/31/2020

Bonita C.

Everything went exceptionally well!

Description of Work
I needed large items moved from my place of business to my home.

Work Completed On 08/31/2020

08/21/2020

Tiana W.

They arrived on time, did a walk through, then started the timer. They were polite and protected our items. We plan on using them again for our next move.

Description of Work
Moving from a 3,000 sq ft house

Work Completed On 08/09/2020

08/08/2020

susan A.

perfect - John and Efram were a great team and even in the heat- moving from a 3rd floor to a 2nd floor - they worked hard and quickly - i would highly recommend

Description of Work
Moving from one apt to another

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

07/24/2020

KEN B.

We'd recommend this service for moving. We were moving from Arlington Texas to Mansfield Texas. (about 18 miles). The crew called before they arrived and they arrived on time. They did a quick walkthrough and then started the clock. We had about 30 things to move: (Refrigerator, Book Shelves, Cabinets, Desks, Tables, Tool Chest, etc.) They wrapped all items up with furniture pads and shrink wrap and in most cases two people lifted onto a furniture dolly or hand-truck to move items. They took their time going down halls and thru doors to avoid and scratches or scuffs. They worked well as a time, and worked quickly. They packed every thing well and were done in 2 hours on the mark. We helped the process by moving most items to the garage and disconnecting refrigerator and removing doors. I'd use this company again and can say I am pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Moving heavy furniture

Work Completed On 07/11/2020

07/24/2020

Damini M.

Angie's list needs to remove AB Moving from their recommended list. These people are horrid. They wasted our time and money - made us pay double. Told us we would not be charged a trip fee because of their mistake and still charged us. I will be making sure everyone knows how lousy this place is. Movers were terrible, cause us damages as well. AB moving tried to pay us $120 to keep our mouth shut but I'd rather the world know about these scammers.

Description of Work
Moving services

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

07/20/2020

Gayle H.

I let them know I could afford 3 hours of moving services with them. They took their time to wrap my things well, however they were moving very slow. Then, on the way to the home, they were driving very slow to the point I had to pull over to wait for them. Then, once we were at the home, they refused to unload my belongings from the truck until I paid them- very unprofessional. I felt they were milking me for my money due to the hourly rate.

Description of Work
Moving

Work Completed On 07/04/2020

07/13/2020

Traci M.

True professionals. Never once worried about my items.

Description of Work
Moving from a storage unit to home

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/04/2020

ANDREW M.

Moving is always so stressful. This moving company is the best I’ve ever done business with! They are more than 5 star!!!! I have moved many many times and we were worried from being on the second floor to Covid. We got 3 man crew with the largest truck. Cesar and his guys were so polite, respectful, efficient, and actually care! They wore masks, wrapped up all our TV’s, Large couch (That we had issues moving in when we bought it 6 months ago) electronics, even our house plants, I mean everything! They even remembered what room our items were in and they place them in the same place! Thank you for making this a stress free move!!

Description of Work
Moving from second floor apt to first floor

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

07/02/2020

Cynthia W.

Luis’ team were early and worked every minute. Professional and took ver good care of my things!

Description of Work
Moving a three bedroom home

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

06/26/2020

Carlene W.

It went extremely well and they were so very professional and punctual. I would definitely use them again and Alonso crew was Awesome!

Description of Work
Move from house to apartment

Category moving companies, piano moving