Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Altoona, PA
There are 4 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Altoona
- ALTAMONT ROOFING & CONTRACTINGConsidering we ran into a pandemic and work stoppage along with supply chain issues - they did a great job! They were clear about scheduling, were conscience about their work and clean up. Dealt with the 'mess' of a prior attempt and turned my deck into a place I will enjoy for years to come - along with new siding, windows and lighting. They did a rubber roof replacement in the past for me that was managed around heavy rain and needed to be done quickly, they didn't let me down with this larger project either. I would definitely hire them again
- Kirsch Construction CoKirsch Construction did excellent work. Replaced wood deck with Trex composite material and white vinyl rail. From demo to completion, the work was done in 9 days that included some delays due to rain. New deck looks great. We plan to have Kirsch Construction work on other home improvement projects around the house. Pictures show what the deck looked like, the rebuild, and the final deck
- Randy Morrison ConstructionVery happy with Randy's work he did an amazing job putting a metal roof on our rental property and fixing a few damaged areas as well. Things went well from start to finish Randy always made sure we were happy with the work that was being done. We had a bad experience with another contractor in the area, wish we would have found him sooner. Highly recommended!
- WHL CONSTRUCTIONGreat work by the WHL team in installing two decks, and outdoor lighting in just three days! They have excellent reviews online which is why I reached out and they were very responsive, communicated throughout, gave accurate quotes and actually did what they said they would do- what more could you ask for?! I really like that the are a "family" run business, the owner is hands-on and it shows that they are truly professionals-THANK YO
- Justin SchollHe has been our blessing in disguise. I want to say he is honest, fair, and fun to work with. He gives you a fair quote and its very accurate. He is also punctual and works hard. He is currently fixing a rotted back end and leak of our camper, but he can fix anything. If you need work done call him
- Randy Morrison ConstructionVery happy with randys work his guys worked in the coldest weather and payed attention to detail. After having two previous bad experiences with contractors it was nice to finally find a good one that knows what he is doing and actually cares if you are happy with the work. Will definitely hire again for whatever remodeling I may need in the future
- Kirsch Construction CoBefore hiring Kirsch construction, my husband didn't trust anyone's work but our own. However, we have found this outfit to be prompt and good at what they do. They are worth every penny because of the excellent quality. We have had them add on rooms, tile a custom shower and floors, install siding, lay flooring, install cabinets and sheetrock. They even did the plumbing for the bath. We fully intend to have them back once the weather breaks. I have found them to be good problem solvers. Every house has its own unique areas and these guys have been able to handle all of ours. I highly recommend them for most any job and especially for kitchen and baths
- Earl Weaver Contractors LLCNo Pony tails, earrings, or tattoos with loud music will show up at your job site when you hire these men, only knowledgeable well dressed professionals of utmost honesty and integrity. You will be able to sleep well at night knowing you will have the job done right. You don't have to worry about giving these guys the keys to build your home. They have done numerous large projects for me both residential and commercial. G. Ebert, Schuylkill Co
- Kauffman Metals IncThis is an opportunity to highlight Kauffman Steels efforts during previous construction efforts of our home, completed roughly a year ago now. The project was proposed based on previous work done by Kauffman’s steel, they erected a storage barn for me several years earlier. Because of the quality of that effort we talked about doing a home several years later. Their work is of the highest quality and their crews are all very professional. There were no shortcuts or compromises during construction. Every effort was made to insure everything was completed right the first time around. If there were changes needed during the process, they were handled as if the crew were working on their own home. Things were done right. They have lots of work and if you would like to get on their schedule, start working with them sooner than later. Without any reservations I highly recommend the team at Kauffman Steel for any such project you might consider. Key descriptors I can use to reference my efforts with Kauffman’s Steel include Honesty, Integrity, Attention to detail, Flexibility, Sincerity and Quality
- George Dolak General ConstructionI needed it done at a certain amount of time, and he showed up and got it done. I am really happy. He really got it together.
House Builders in Altoona
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Kirsch Construction Company was established in 1992, but our craftsmen have more than 30 years of hands-on experience. We are lead certified, and we are members of the Home Builders Association. We started as a roofing company, and have since branched out to offer more services to our clients in the area. Nothing is better than helping our clients reach a level of satisfaction with their home—we want people to be happy and to call us if they ever need anything. Locally owned and operated for ..Recent Review:I am glad I called them to fix my bad roofing job over my porch from a different contractor who had good reviews non the less, not so ! I am only sorry I didn't call them in the first place. They had a lot on their plate when they had to fix my roof. Kind of complicated. Matt explained everything they were going to do and even talked to my insurance adjuster and attorney as well. In the end, they did a beautiful job and I think my porch roof will outlast my house!! Sam and John and the younger man, I think his name is Jeremy, were very efficient and cleaned everything up perfectly. I will call them again for my next home improvement job, 10 stars for them! *********Sharon R.
- Business Description:Randy Morrison Construction (814)771-8538 Full service construction company. Fair prices. Quality workRecent Review:We are very happy with the work done. They were on the job by 7:00 am everyday. Shrubbery and landscaping were covered and all shingles torn off went into a truck. They cleaned up the area after every workday. We were told in advance of work that when temperatures on the roof got to hot they would stop work so as not to damage any of new shingles they were putting on. The workers were very polite and friendly and seemed to enjoy working with each other. When Randy Morrison had to leave the job to pick up materials he always informed us where he was going and why, as a matter of fact he kept us informed on every aspect of the job from beginning to end. He also put a roof on my mothers house in the spring and it looked so good We actually picked the same exact shingle. We can honestly say the roof looks great and would hire Morrison again. You can’t beat a contractor who does what he says he is going to do and do it with honesty and professionalismMark K.
- Business Description:Gary J Miller PE CEng is a Professional (Structural) Engineer with more than 28 years of experience in the design, inspection and analysis of simple to complex structures. He services the Highway and Bridge Transportation sectors as well as the Industrial, Commercial and Residential segmentsRecent Review:Called this man, he was rude and arrogant. I explained that I had no knowledge of I-beams and such and wanted to build a deck on my home. He emailed me his email address, I responded with what I thought he wanted in regards to a drawing of the project(I'm not an architect either). I waited for a reply and found it in my JUNK folder(in retrospect, I probably should have left it there). His ONLY REPLY was this "you didnt give me what i wanted....no house extraneous info to clutter everything up!!!! im walking away from this Gary J Miller PE CEng Gary J Miller Structural Engineering Services President (01) 412-505-3235 garyjmiller.com" If thats how you reply to a client nowadays... NOT RECOMMENDEDChucky C.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:Trusted, Bonded and Insured, Erie Construction has grown to become one of the nation's largest home remodeling companies. We offer best-in-class products aimed at improving the value of your home while saving money on your home energy bills. We've been truly dedicated to the products we offer, and we're happy to back them up with warranty's to match. Since opening our first location in 1975, Erie Construction has serviced over 100,000 customers, with over 50,000 returning to us for additional..Recent Review:Equipment left lying around. 2 -guys putting on roof were not always supervised - did not repair problem just bandaid. Was not told not removing all shingles but put on over prev shingles. Overpaid for amount work done. 2yrs later still picking up roofing nails in yard. Left box of nails in driveway dumped in gravel thank goodness found before drove overKaren B.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:For many years I was a sub-contractor for a siding installation company. Over the years I began acquiring small jobs from relationships built during that time. I recently decided to venture out on my own and launched Haldeman’s Construction. Free estimates, licensed, insured, Over 17 years experience. Member of these reputable organizations are Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg Downtown Buy Local, Franklin County Landlord Association. Certifications & Licensing: Pennsylvania Atto..Recent Review:NOTHING happened, no one contacted us.gary b.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
home builders in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.101 Orchard Ave
- AJ'S CONTRACTING249 S VINE ST
- American Dream Construction386 Adrian Sherret Road
- Angelo Gatto670 Russell Rd.
Cooperstown P.a, Pennsylvania
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- Artisan Contracting of West New York300 Catlin Ave
Port Allegany, Pennsylvania
- Aspen Ridge Homes, Inc463 Cedarcrest Drive
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.
- B&B Services212 President Village Rd
- BadDad construction1421 2nd ave
- barry claycomb construction7363 king saint clair road
Alum Bank, Pennsylvania
- Benjamin's Construction, LLC220 North Main Street
- Bill Miller Construction2010 12Th St
- BREINICH CONSTRUCTION624 Morningside Ave
- Brothers Home RepairPO BOX 204
- Burke Building & Remodeling LLC310 Locke Mountain Rd
- Buterbaugh's Kitchen Center4983 Business 220
- B&B Services
- C&C Property Maint983 Miller Rd
- Caliber Pole BuildingsPO Box 123
- CCS - Custom Building & Remodeling114 Old Mill Run Rd
- CELIK BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION1560 Amwell Rd.
Somerset, New Jersey
- Charles Heating Center216 Power Ave
- Chimney Rocks Home Improvements LLC610 Chimney Rocks Rd
- Christian Architects950 N Charlotte St
- Cisney & O'Donnell Inc11923 William Penn Hwy
- Clint Eakin Construction624 W. Front St Apt A
Oil City, Pennsylvania
- CNC CONSTRUCTION2473 NOLO RD
Penn Run, Pennsylvania
- Cogan's Construction LLC199 Leader Rd
- Collins Construction, Inc.3196 Shermans Valley Road
- COUNTRY LANE CONSTRUCTION LLC150 PINE KNOB RD
- CS Home Improvement
- C&C Property Maint
- D B CONSTRUCTION807 RED MILL ROAD
- D C MOYER BUILDERS, INC.508 N 8th Ave
- D&R Quality Builders IncPO Box 935
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- DAWSON & WOLFE CONSTRUCTION2158 W CARSON VALLEY RD
- DC General Service726 Walnut Bottom Road
- DEFIBAUGH & SHIELDS CONSTR690 ROUTE 36 S
- Dick Delaney Home Inspection275 Pioneer Rd
- Douglas Erdley Construction144 Breakneck Rd
FORD CITY, Pennsylvania
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- D B CONSTRUCTION
- Effective Technical Applications, Inc.10 Wayne Avenue
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Epic Construction Services LLC654 Roadarmel Lane
- Erie Construction Midwest Inc4271 Monroe St
- Effective Technical Applications, Inc.
- G.C Construction234 Clinton rd
- GABODA'S BUILDING & REMODELING219 Gaboda Ln
Mineral Point, Pennsylvania
- Gary J Miller Engineering Services405 Hoodridge Drive A1
- Gilded construction184 pottsville Street
- Gummo Construction Inc.45 Blade Circle
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
- G.C Construction
- H2Pro Restorations243 Mine Bank Rd
- Haldeman's Construction6250 Rock Hill Rd
- HARMONY SECURITY PRODUCTS INCPO Box 482
- Home Towne Builders LLC719 Worthington St
- HORVATH HOME IMPROVEMENTS450 MOUNTAIN RD
- H2Pro Restorations
- I.B. Roofing & Construction818 New St
ROARING SPRING, Pennsylvania
- I.B. Roofing & Construction
- J&S Construction915 west jackson st
- J.J. Kennedy, Inc. 1790 Route 588
- Janowsky Home Improvement6499 Irvin Rd
- JDV Contracting / CUTTING EDGE CONCEPTS305 E Church St
- JOSEPH J LEO GENERAL CNTRCTING400 E LOGAN AVE
- J&S Construction
- Lang & Son's Construction2474 Everett Rd
East Freedom, Pennsylvania
- Lay It Down Tile & Home Improvement510 Rte 579
Ringoes, New Jersey
- LEONARD S FIORE INC5506 6TH AVE
- Level Construction Services1136 Level Rd
- Loebrich Contracting Inc1830 Frankstown Rd
- Lowry's Restoration Services2024 2nd street
- LR Roofing Systems, LLC1115 Salemville Rd
New Enterprise, Pennsylvania
- Lucas Remodeling & Construction, LLC1072 Beaver Run Ave
- Lang & Son's Construction
- M & R Remodeling140 Whites Creek Road
- Mathews Contracting407 Hickory Street
- MDG Construction622 Morningside Ave
- METZ BUILDERS299 Jessica St
- Mihalko’s General Contracting1 Hillside Dr
- M & R Remodeling