Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Altoona, PA
There are 8 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Altoona
- DDB Building RestorationsVery professional, fast we have them thebrokf and they did such a good job we decided to do othrr projects we have been putting off. Very professional nice guys, able to compete all my projects in a very resonable amount of time, would recommend to anyone very good work and very reasonable
- Advanced Basement SolutionsThey confirmed each appointment and showed up when they said. The salesman was very knowledgeable and explained any potential pitfalls including a potential $1200 extra charge if the needed to rent air hammers to break up the concrete. The quote I got was a lot less than expected especially given what I know other people have paid for similar work from competitors. I didn't even bother to get additional estimates especially since they were able to start the next week. The crew showed up on time and took 2 days to complete the job. They wanted to rent the air hammers, but they over estimated the amount of hose that they would have needed which would have made them ineffective. The 600 feet of hose that they thought they would need would wrap around my house 3 times. So it was more work for them using the electric jack hammers, but it saved me $1200. They did have to work a couple extra hours on the 2nd day in order to finish the job. I had gutted my basement and this was the first step of the remodel, so there was very little that they could mess up. Things will get a bit dusty and the jack hammering is noisy if you are in the house. They did leave a little trash behind which was no big deal. They did have to work over time to finish up. An earlier review complained about their concrete work, but it seemed just fine to me. They stuck to the original quote even though it took them a few hours longer than they thought. And most importantly with all the heavy rain recently, I haven't noticed any water in the basement. I definitely would recommend them for any basement water proofing work
- Advanced Basement SolutionsThe appointment went well. I ended up choosing Bakers waterproofing. It was a newer type of interior drainage system and only one (1) sump pump was required and with all the rain we had this system performed flawlessly.
- Advanced Basement SolutionsPut in a french drain in the basement and a sump pump (back up battery)and clean the walls. They did a good job.
- Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair IncMy service call went very well. Ed and Josh listened to what I had seen happen with some water getting into my basement and then provided a solution that they said should take care of the problem. Of course it was a beautiful, dry, sunny day when they came so I'm going to need to wait for a heavy rain to see if the problem is corrected. But even if it isn't Ed and Josh already have a plan to take a brick out of that small section of my coal bin and install a drain. They said to just give them a call if the sealant they installed doesn't solve the problem. I couldn't be more pleased with Keystone Basement Systems
- Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair IncEverything went really well. Tony and his crew were amazing. They were very punctual and completed the job in the exact timeframe that was planned on. They were extremely knowledgeable and left my basement looking the best it has in 30 years. Not only has their solution improved the look and feel of my basement, it came with a lifetime warranty and every 5 years they will come back and check it to ensure no problems develop over time. I have to admit I am not a very trusting person when it comes to major renovations or changes to my property because of previous issues that resulted in a negative effect on my house; but Keystone Basement Systems has proven that there are contractors who you CAN trust and rely upon. Thanks Guys
- Baker's WaterproofingI called bakers because I was getting about 6inches of rain water in my basement. They had a representative come out and recommend a triple safe sump pump system and perimeter drain installed. After the work was done I've had no water in my basement at all. I'm very pleased with the decision I've made hiring bakers waterproofing. Yes it's a little pricey but for what you get you can't go wrong especially when it comes to the foundation of your hom
- Advanced Basement SolutionsThe job was estimated at 2 days it stretched to 5 days, a sewage line was broken which they repaired. Omitted from estimate was electrical receptacles, which were not provide , extension cords were used as a substitute till I contacted an electrician. These were the "bumps" in the job. After all these were taken care of, the basement is dry, workers were cordial answered all my questions and I am satisfied with the results. I would have gladly paid extra for them to supply the outlets or would have had it done before the job started had I known this up front. This delayed the finished job another week. Whether this was an omission on my part or theirs you can decide
- Baker's WaterproofingMartin, Drew, and Austin did an amazing job. They were so polite and professional. They even finished a day early.
- Baker's WaterproofingSplendidly. The foreman (Jeff) and the other two members of his crew (Steven and Brian) were diligent, conscientious, and pleasant throughout a four-day job. They were knowledgable and went out of their way to do the job efficiently but also properly. We couldn't have asked for a better crew.
Basement Waterproofers in Altoona
- Business Description:ARE YOU READY FOR A BETTER CONTRACTOR? Keystone Basement Systems is the leader in basement transformations, providing personalized, guaranteed solutions for water intrusion, foundation repairs and the creation of functional, beautiful living spaces. WE WILL NEVER PRESSURE YOU! If you are looking for a solution designed by the industry experts, we can help. GUARANTEE “We Warranty Our Systems, We Guarantee Your Satisfaction!Recent Review:Along with other work, we had one of our foundation walls completely rebuilt by Keystone about 7 years ago and although no water was leaking in, I became concerned about two long hairline cracks that I noticed. I called the company office, explained my issue and a date was scheduled to have a technician check the wall. Barry was dispatched, arrived on time, and I showed him the areas that I was concerned about. He felt that these were cracks due to settling, ground them out and filled them with new mortar. During the process, he fully explained what he was doing and that he was going to install "Crack Monitors" on each area. These would be checked periodically to ensure that these were truly due to settling and not pressure from the outside bowing the foundation. Barry also told me that if bowing was actually happening, carbon fiber straps would be installed, at no charge, to stabilize the wall. I would like to give a shout out to Barry, who was very thorough, professional, and a wealth of information. Also to Keystone, who was very responsive to my concern. The only negative I would add is that the company warranty stipulates that every 5 years someone would be out to inspect their work; I had to remind them that this was overdue, but Barry also took care of it while he was on siteLeonard R.
- Business Description:Total Foundation Solutions is an expert foundation contracting company, servicing Edinboro, Erie, Warren, and the surrounding areas. We specialize in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, foundation replacement, wall repair, concrete leveling, and more. Founded in 2018, Total Foundation Solutions opened with the mission to assist local homeowners with seamless wall repair and provide superior foundation services. We also install trench breakers, push and slab piers, deck piers, and helic..Recent Review:Our home was built in 2014, and within 3 years, the stone-clad chimney was pulling away from the main wall of the house. The concrete slab under the chimney chase was too small to support the weight of the chimney. The thought of removing the stone, rebuilding the chimney chase and repouring the slab foundation was a bit overwhelming. We did some research on helical piers, and thankfully came across Total Foundation Solutions. Brian was extremely knowledgeable, professional and easy to communicate with. The work they did was amazing. I would give this company the highest rating, and would hire them again, if necessary.Tina F.
- Business Description:Baker's Waterproofing, founded in 1975, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for our foundation repair, structural repair, crawlspace encapsulation, dehumidification and waterproofing needs. They are the one of the oldest and largest foundation repair companies in the country. Bakers Waterproofing is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized traini..Recent Review:Amazing Jeff Sodrick was my tech and he did amazing. Very thorough and gave me lots of tips.Angie A.
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:Mold Men of Pittsburgh is a full service mold remediation company that specializes in the removal and the assessment of mold. We are certified through the professional mold inspection institute. We service the greater Pittsburgh and greater western Pennsylvania marketplace. Also, we are certified water damage drying specialists with the IICRC which is the institute of inspection, cleaning and restoration certification. We offer service warranties on our work and we our properly insured to pro..Recent Review:This was absolutely excellent! From the initial estimate to the final project completion, everyone was professional and hard-working! I certainly recommend them. We even got an Angie's List discount as this is where we found them. Thank you Mold MenMargaret T.
- Business Description:In 2005, Brian J. Owens founded a small excavating company. First contracting with local Clearfield builders, the company has grown over the years and expanded. We are currently serving central Pennsylvania in Centre, Clearfield, Jefferson, Blair, and Huntington Counties. We offer a wide range of excavating services including, demolitions, snow control, septic services, and much moreRecent Review:Wonderfully done work from very stand up guys. The crew is personable and works quickly. Everything that was needed was done and comes at a good cost. We are very happy with the results and would recommend anyone needing any excavation work to go with Brian. All piping looks great, and they did a lot of work in the time that they were hereFlorence W.
- Business Description:Doing business in Baltimore, Maryland and Washington DC for over 21 years, SI Restoration is a preferred member to many insurance companies and works to get your home back to it's original pre-loss condition. Our company uses certified and insured staff to take out any worry from the owner, we try to make the process as smooth as possible. Servicing commercial, residential, industrial and government properties throughout all of our service areas. Providing services for Mold Remediation, Water..Recent Review:From start to finish, SI Restoration was professional and timely. They were such a gem to work with during a very tough time. Our home suffered water damage from a water leak in the kitchen to the basement. The team sent to my home (same day) was courteous, knowledgeable, and set up the drying equipment. They explained the process to me and answered all of my questions. They came back every day to monitor the moisture levels and made adjustments as necessary. I would highly recommend this companyJanice S.
- Business Description:Additional ph # (610)328-4446. Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing Address:Po Box 530 Ephrata PA 17522Recent Review:My initial contact with Leelands was 10 years ago. I really admired the work they had done on my neighbors house. I just couldn't afford slate repair or replacement at the time. The employees were always courteous and patient. Fast forward to May 2018, I had exhausted all the patching my roof could take. I contacted Leelands, Donna promptly scheduled Luke to come out for an estimate. Luke was on time and provided honest feedback. I recieved a Photo Report, Field Condition Report and Proposals a few weeks later. It took me a few more months to decide how to proceed. In October, Leelands sent Gabriel and Miguel to make the repairs. They were prompt, courteous and worked diligently to finish the job. After a rainy 2018, my roof is still leak freeTANYA L.
- Business Description:Additional DBAs - Roto-Rooter Group Inc, Roto-Rooter. Additional phones - (800) 438-7686. See website for additional service area. Additional email - email@example.com.Recent Review:The service was great, I just think it's expensive. But the guy is extremely nice and I don't have any complaints about it.Melissa M.
- Business Description:Central Penn Waterproofing is a full service family owned and operated business with over 35 years of experience in the waterproofing industry. No job is too large or too small. Our customers include government projects, colleges, schools, churches, businesses, and residential homes. Call for a free estimateRecent Review:Would not recommend, very sloppy work.rosanne p.
Deals in Altoona for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
waterproofing contractors in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A - OK PaintingPO Box 514
- ABA Services249 Wyoming Road
- AJ Mercer Painting697 Loop Rd
- Allstate American Waterproofing343A South Potomac St
- Alternative Basement Solutions240 James Street
Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania
- AMERICAN PRIDE PAINTING848 26th St
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- Aqua-Dry1610 Scalp Ave
- A - OK Painting
- Bactronix of Southwest PA101 Bertley Ridge Dr
- BadDad construction1421 2nd ave
- Baker's Waterproofing315 Point Township Dr
- Basements Love Us Inc519 A Cinnaminson Ave
Palmyra, New Jersey
- BJOE LLC595 Industrial Park Rd
- Brad & Ted's Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing1923 14th Ave
- BRAD GORDON WATERPROOFING AND GENERAL CONTRACTOR1814 BLACK OAK ROAD
- Bactronix of Southwest PA
- Flood City Handyman406 Sell St
- Flood City Handyman
- Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing of PA52 Grumbacher Rd # A-3
- Mihalko's General Contracting Inc695 Solomon Run Rd
- Mihalko’s General Contracting1 Hillside Dr
- Mike Mummey ConstructionPO box 44
- Mold Men of Pittsburgh938 Constitution Blvd
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
- Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing of PA