The roof protects your home, but it can also boost your curb appeal by providing an attractive exterior. There are many roof colors to choose from, but in deciding which is the best color for your roof, here are some factors to consider.
Get matched with top roofing contractors in Altoona, PA
There are 22 highly-rated local roofing contractors.
Recent Roofing Reviews in Altoona
- Premier Roofing LLCExcellent! Henrrey Hong was amazing to work with, when we ran into issues with the Insurance Company, Henrrey was able to provide everything that they needed and worked with us to ensure that all went smoothly. Henrrey was ALWAYS available to answer any questions or to address any concerns. I RECOMMEND THEM VERY HIGHLY! Awesome Company and top notch employees and staff. Thank you read less
- Randy Morrison ConstructionWe are very happy with the work done. They were on the job by 7:00 am everyday. Shrubbery and landscaping were covered and all shingles torn off went into a truck. They cleaned up the area after every workday. We were told in advance of work that when temperatures on the roof got to hot they would stop work so as not to damage any of new shingles they were putting on. The workers were very polite and friendly and seemed to enjoy working with each other. When Randy Morrison had to leave the job to pick up materials he always informed us where he was going and why, as a matter of fact he kept us informed on every aspect of the job from beginning to end. He also put a roof on my mothers house in the spring and it looked so good We actually picked the same exact shingle. We can honestly say the roof looks great and would hire Morrison again. You can’t beat a contractor who does what he says he is going to do and do it with honesty and professionalism read less
- Atlas Roofing, Inc.The Gentleman called me back quickly(not accustomed to that with contractors). Greg came out to do an estimate It wasnt the highest bid, but wasn't the lowest either. In my experience, the lowest bid usually results in the lowest quality of workmanship. I rolled the dice with Atlas because communication was great, he showed up when he said he would for the estimate( good start), he was straightforward and assured me they would be in and out. The crew was at my home shortly thereafter and took off the old shingles. They put in an all-day shift and cleaned up afterwards(again I wasn't accustomed to a contractor cleaning up a mess). The new shingles were installed and once again they worked straight through and got the job done. In and out without a trace, except for a new roof. No nails in my yard, no old shingles hiding in the shrubbery, no cigerette butts, etc. it was Professionally done! I don't think I will need a new roof in my lifetime but If I did I would hire Atlas again. I would certainly recommend them to a friend read less
- R&W CONSTRUCTIONThe roof looks amazing he did the best job on my roof every screw in place everything was done right. I'm glad I called the right ppl for the job and thank you very much R&W
- Bowler Home ImprovementsWith weather on their side the folks at Bowler Home Improvement did a fine job with removing and replacing the roof on our home. I would be happy to recommend them to anyone needing their roof replaced and plan on using them in the future on other Adventures!
- Bowler Home ImprovementsI had a leak in my mother's roof. I called Zach and he responded quickly and patched the leak then replaced all the shingles. It looks great!
- Bowler Home ImprovementsIt all went great. Was always there when he said he wold. Have recommended to others. Will definitely call agin if needed.
- Buffalo Creek RoofingQuickly and at a fair price. Buffalo Valley will be replacing the whole roof on my house in the near future.
- stay dry roofingWe recently moved back to the Johnstown area to remodel our home and used Thumbtack to look for a roofing contractor. Paul, from Stay Dry Roofing, contacted me, which was a good thing because the initial contractor I was matched with never responded to any of my inquiries. During our initial conversation, Paul gave me an estimate (I assume he used GPS software to look at and measure the roof) and said he would drive out to talk in person. I didn’t expect him to do so because we are two hours away from his location. He told me he would be here around noon, he showed up at noon, wearing a mask, and we talked about the project. We talked about shingle specs, colors, his company, crew, etc. I asked him how much money he needed down, he said we would pay when the project was complete. This was very comforting because I was prepared to negotiate a minimal amount of money down as we were burnt in the past, giving a large deposit only to have the contractor bill before the work even started. That same week, all of the roofing material and dumpster were delivered to our house. At first, I wasn’t sure if I liked the color of the shingle. I called Paul, he told me to lay out about twenty of them in a group and see what I thought, he said if I still didn’t like the color he would have them picked up and order a different color. After spreading out the shingles, I was happy with the color. That weekend, his crew showed up to install the shingles, but we had to go out of town. The initial plan was to do a layover, but I received a call a few hours later and he informed me of some issues with the main roof, so we decided to do a full tear-off. We talked it over and decided he would do the garage and three porch roofs that day, then return to do the main roof. Unfortunately, we had three inches of snow or more for the following few weeks. Paul would call each week to get a status update on our weather. As soon as the weather permitted, he returned to do the main roof. He actually came the day before and stayed in a hotel to make sure everything was ready for his crew. They all showed up early in the morning, worked the entire day, and they were still cleaning up debris from the yard in the dark. Impressive considering the roof is 2.5 stories high and extremely steep, in addition to the fact that they had to lug all the shingles from about 75 yards away and carry all of the old roof and debris to a dumpster 75 yards away from the house, with snow still on the ground. Overall, Paul is the best contractor I ever hired. He was punctual, professional, personable, and honest. We actually were charged a very fair price and we are extremely happy with the roof and the experience. His crew is great at what they do, straight lines, straight valleys and straight caps. They worked hard all day long and I didn’t see anyone on a cell phone the entire day. I would highly recommend Paul and his crew. Thank you for a job well done read less
- Champion RoofingWe’re so glad that we did our homework and got the best place around! These guys are five stars for everything! Phenomenal warranty definitely makes you sleep better at night! We can’t tell you how hard it is in our area to find people to do anything for your house! We hit the jackpot with these guys for sure! You will not regret getting them! We’ve never seen people work so hard in our lives!! Thank you for all you’ve done for us! read less
Roofers in Altoona
- Business Description:Randy Morrison Construction (814)771-8538 Full service construction company. Fair prices. Quality workRecent Review:We are very happy with the work done. They were on the job by 7:00 am everyday. Shrubbery and landscaping were covered and all shingles torn off went into a truck. They cleaned up the area after every workday. We were told in advance of work that when temperatures on the roof got to hot they would stop work so as not to damage any of new shingles they were putting on. The workers were very polite and friendly and seemed to enjoy working with each other. When Randy Morrison had to leave the job to pick up materials he always informed us where he was going and why, as a matter of fact he kept us informed on every aspect of the job from beginning to end. He also put a roof on my mothers house in the spring and it looked so good We actually picked the same exact shingle. We can honestly say the roof looks great and would hire Morrison again. You can’t beat a contractor who does what he says he is going to do and do it with honesty and professionalism read lessMark K.
- Business Description:GAF MasterElite and Owens Corning Platinum Installers. Family owned and operated. Our expectation is 100% customer satisfaction, 100% of the time!Recent Review:I can’t say enough how happy I was with the work and professionalism of the owner and his employees. They did an absolute great job! They did it in a timely manner and were very easy to deal with. I absolutely recommend them for your construction needs and will definitely hire them again in the future for other projects read lessBrian S.
- Business Description:Full service Roofing CompanyRecent Review:Did a Great job. Checked the rest of the roof. And made sure everything was good to go. Very professional. We will definitely use them from now on.Mark T.
- Business Description:*****WE DO NOT DO ROOF REPAIR***** RCS of Altoona specializes in metal and shingle roof installations! We have partnered with Blair Metals Co to fabricate all of our metal needs in-house, supplying our customers with top quality metal roofing at very affordable pricing, by cutting out the middle man. Guaranteed to beat any competitor pricing read lessRecent Review:Completed in a timely manor with 100% positive results.Donald A.
- Business Description:We have been in the roofing industry for awhile and started to specialize in metal roofing. We offer quality work and warranties at a very reasonable price. We accept credit cards and offer financing. Give us a call today read lessRecent Review:We are extremely satisfied with the new roof This is a professional polite skilled crew. They even finished a gutter project I started and wasn’t able to finish. My thanks for a job well doneMark E.
- Business Description:Champion Roofing is your best choice for your new roof replacement! Award winning roofing company, Lifetime warranty! We are a full service roofing company and use only top quality premium products. Family owned and operated. Fully insured and hold an A+ Rating with the BBB. Long list of references. Residential and commercial, shingles, metal and rubber roofs. We're the Solution! www.championroofingaltoona.com read lessRecent Review:We’re so glad that we did our homework and got the best place around! These guys are five stars for everything! Phenomenal warranty definitely makes you sleep better at night! We can’t tell you how hard it is in our area to find people to do anything for your house! We hit the jackpot with these guys for sure! You will not regret getting them! We’ve never seen people work so hard in our lives!! Thank you for all you’ve done for us! read lessKaren K.
- Business Description:Finishers is a full service construction company. We do it all ! Nice crew size that is fully capable of completing project dead lines. FOLLOW WEBSITE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS.Recent Review:I would 100% recommend Finishers to my friends and family. Answered on first call and was able to come put to give me an estimate within only a few days which was extremely important due to time constraints for the loan and closing. Was very thorough and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. Estimates were extremely affordable and went above and beyond to find the cheapest route for me while making sure repairs are done correctly read lessSarah T.
- Business Description:Additional ph # (610)328-4446. Additional email: email@example.com. Mailing Address:Po Box 530 Ephrata PA 17522Recent Review:My initial contact with Leelands was 10 years ago. I really admired the work they had done on my neighbors house. I just couldn't afford slate repair or replacement at the time. The employees were always courteous and patient. Fast forward to May 2018, I had exhausted all the patching my roof could take. I contacted Leelands, Donna promptly scheduled Luke to come out for an estimate. Luke was on time and provided honest feedback. I recieved a Photo Report, Field Condition Report and Proposals a few weeks later. It took me a few more months to decide how to proceed. In October, Leelands sent Gabriel and Miguel to make the repairs. They were prompt, courteous and worked diligently to finish the job. After a rainy 2018, my roof is still leak free read lessTANYA L.
- Business Description:Best Contracting specializes in Commercial and Residential exterior renovations including storm damage to Roofing, Siding, and Gutters. In addition our Best Contracting remodeling division offers Deck and Patio installs. Call us today to schedule a Free consultation read lessRecent Review:I could not be happier with my experience with Best Contracting. From our first appt with Nate to the end of the process he was there ever step of the way to answer any, and all questions. Very professional, and easy going people. I would absolutely hire again if needed read lessChristopher B.
- Business Description:In-Person or Live One-On-One Online Tutoring for Any Subject, Any Age, Any Location. Standardized Tests: ACT, SAT, NMSQT, GMAT, GRE, ASVAB, ASTB, ISEE, HSPT, TEAS, TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC Mathematics: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-algebra, elementary English: grammar, vocabulary, spelling, reading, writing, listening, speaking, pronunciation, ESL, ESOL Research Papers: editing, proofreading, outlining, citations Computer: Excel, Word, PowerPoin read lessRecent Review:Matthew was originally hired to assist my nephew in preperation for the Parochial High School Admissions exam. Building a relationship with Matthew was the best thing for my nephew. Matthew was very safe going into this situation creating a trusting a environment. Not knowing what he was walking into, Matthew quickly learned that my nephew’s academic inabilities were far more important than preparing for an high school entrance exam. Immediately Matthew begin working on creating a plan of action. He is very patient, yet intentional about holding my nephew accountable. Moreover, he follows up and send reminders for my nephew (I.e. don’t forget to bring your book home from school, remember to work on your math). Although we have a long way to go, it’s safe to say that we are seeing some progress. Thanks Matthew read lessTyrone G.
Deals in Altoona for Roofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful roofer articles
Copper is a high-end roofing material. It can potentially withstand strong storms and fire while helping reduce cooling costs. However, it’s one of the highest-cost roofing materials. Learn how much copper roofing costs and what to expect.
To maintain your wooden flooring, it’s important to understand how to care for it through the changing seasons. Find out how wood expands in cold temperatures or high humidity settings, what can make it contract, plus how to combat these changes.
Find roofing contractors in
- Roaring Spring
- East Freedom
roofing contractors in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Affordable Roofing210 Glenn St
- AJ'S CONTRACTING249 S VINE ST
- All American Roofing5827 St Lawrence Rd
- Allegheny Roofing 223 Pavia Rd
- ALTOONA ROOFING CO111 5TH AVE JUNIATA
- American Design and Build221 Gateway Dr
Bel Air, Maryland
- American Home Guard Home Warranty1515 Market St Ste 1200
- Anthracite Roofing Systems LLC512 Northampton St
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- Artisan Contracting of West New York300 Catlin Ave
Port Allegany, Pennsylvania
- Ashbaugh Construction and Roofing, LLC.38 Rome Street
- Affordable Roofing
- B & E Roofing & Remodeling LLC174A E Main St
- B L Bradley & Son Builders1864 Walnut Bottom Rd
- B&B Services212 President Village Rd
- BadDad construction1421 2nd ave
- Barkley Roofing698 Broadford Rd
- Best Contracting3624 E Newport Rd.
- BRAD GORDON WATERPROOFING AND GENERAL CONTRACTOR1814 BLACK OAK ROAD
- BROADBACK CONSTRUCTIONPO BOX 633
- Brothers Home RepairPO BOX 204
- Buterbaugh's Kitchen Center4983 Business 220
- B & E Roofing & Remodeling LLC
- C&J Roofing & Remodeling452 South 3rd Street
- Caliber Pole BuildingsPO Box 123
- Champion Roofing2123 6th Ave.
- Chimney Safety RxPerts3147 SR 890
- Cisney & O'Donnell Inc11923 William Penn Hwy
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Clint Eakin Construction624 W. Front St Apt A
Oil City, Pennsylvania
- CNC CONSTRUCTION2473 NOLO RD
Penn Run, Pennsylvania
- Cogan's Construction LLC199 Leader Rd
- Commercial Service Pros219 North Julian St
- CONTACT METAL PLUS CONSTRUCTION, LLC5178 Cortland Rd
New Paris, Pennsylvania
- COUNTRY LANE CONSTRUCTION LLC150 PINE KNOB RD
- CV Roofing Systems4456 Maclays Mill Road
- C&J Roofing & Remodeling
- D B CONSTRUCTION807 RED MILL ROAD
- D C MOYER BUILDERS, INC.508 N 8th Ave
- D&R Quality Builders IncPO Box 935
- Dailey's Construction310 East 2nd st
East Brady, Pennsylvania
- Dan Cordell Construction726 Walnut Bottom rd.
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- DC General Service726 Walnut Bottom Road
- Dennis L. Olewine408 Alta Vista Dr
- Distinctive Metal Roofing36040 Caronia Cir
- Drake Contracting141 fink ave
- D B CONSTRUCTION
- G.C Construction234 Clinton rd
- Gilded construction184 pottsville Street
- Goubeaud Company5920 Wellesley ave
- Greystone Construction 62 2nd Ave
Ilion, New York
- Guardian Home Improvements LLC460 Veit Rd Ste F
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
- Guardian Roofing715 Lake Ave
- G.C Construction
- H2Pro Restorations243 Mine Bank Rd
- Haldeman's Construction6250 Rock Hill Rd
- Handy Dans300 Hite Lane
- Handy Helpers Remodeling308 West 5th Avenue
- HandyMan Howdy135 N 4 th St
- Hardy Construction17 West Catawissa St
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Hilltop Roofing and Coatings179 Exley Road
- HINKLE ROOFINGPO Box 73
- Home PRO ConstructionPO Box 121
- Home Towne Builders LLC719 Worthington St
- HORVATH HOME IMPROVEMENTS450 MOUNTAIN RD
- H2Pro Restorations
- J & N General Contracting101 East Packer Ave
- J-Brown Services283 Doney Town Rd
- James Smiley Roofing and Construction289 Weaver Ave
- JAY PAUL MARTIN ROOFING260 WALNUT BOTTOM RD
- JOSEPH J LEO GENERAL CNTRCTING400 E LOGAN AVE
- JOSEPH JENKINS INC143 FOREST LN
Grove city, Pennsylvania
- J & N General Contracting
- Keith Barnes Contracting642 Old Berwick Rd
- Keystone Roofing9520 Clear Shade Dr
- kieffer construction246 Hudsondale St
- Kirsch Construction Co121 N Julian St
- KMA Roofing & General Contracting130 Lincoln Way W
- Keith Barnes Contracting
- L&L Roofing & OverHead Doors822 Rte 580 Hwy
- Lang & Son's Construction2474 Everett Rd
East Freedom, Pennsylvania
- LATTIERI'S PAINTING2503 W CHESTNUT AVE
- Lazer Roofing734 port carbon St. clair hyw
- Leelands Slate Roof Repair101 N. Carroll Street
- LJH Construction3015 Bigler Ave
Northern Cambria, Pennsylvania
- Loebrich Contracting Inc1830 Frankstown Rd
- Lowry's Restoration Services2024 2nd street
- LR Roofing Systems, LLC1115 Salemville Rd
New Enterprise, Pennsylvania
- Lucas Remodeling & Construction, LLC1072 Beaver Run Ave
- L&L Roofing & OverHead Doors
- M & M Roofing Inc1139 Third Ave
- M & R Remodeling140 Whites Creek Road
- Mackey Construction230 Twenty Row Road
- Marshall Roofing LLC334 Sportsman Rd
- Mathews Contracting407 Hickory Street
- M & M Roofing Inc