The location and functionality of your wall will impact price. Most jobs will cost between $939 and $2,697. Walls that are load bearing will cost slightly more.
Get matched with top general contractors in Altoona, PA
There are 7 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Altoona
- J D Construction and RemodelingThe final result is fantastic and I could not be happier with the result. Joe was punctual, professional, and one of the best builders I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. As a professional insurance adjuster for over a decade I deal with a lot of builders and contractors in my line of work and JD Construction and Remodeling is among the top 1% I’ve dealt with. I cannot recommend them enough
- Handyman For HireAwesome company. Incredible employees. The attention to detail by HFH is superb. The jobs are finished in a timely fashion. The work areas are kept very neat even during demo. The employees go over and above to make sure the customer is happy and satisfied. Mike and Tim have been great to have on our job. Hire local. Buy local
- Finishers LLCI would 100% recommend Finishers to my friends and family. Answered on first call and was able to come put to give me an estimate within only a few days which was extremely important due to time constraints for the loan and closing. Was very thorough and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. Estimates were extremely affordable and went above and beyond to find the cheapest route for me while making sure repairs are done correctly
- Valley Home ServiceI have have had Valley Home services for many of the above listed jobs over the years .I love his work,,Highly motivated and reliable and I am very satisfied with the out come of his work .
- J D Construction and RemodelingThey did an excellent job, were efficient, professional, and recommended some minor changes that saved me money. They were highly competitive and personable. I would highly recommend them and I will hire them again.
- J D Construction and RemodelingJoe did an excellent job from helping us plan, making suggestions of ways to improve our ideas, keeping our costs down and overall great quality work. Communications were very open and easy - he would text me and send pictures before he did anything he had a question on - it was a comfort knowing he would ask the questions before just doing something. I would highly recommended him & plan to schedule him again in the future for our next remodeling update project. I had a dream of a gorgeous tile walk in shower and that's just what he gave me. Along with an updated kitchen with truly a statement backsplash
- Phoenix Fox home remodelingJohn is an excellent carpenter. He did three jobs for me all at a very fair price. He ensured the site was cleaned up nicely and was very professional. I will definitely hire him again for my next project and have already recommended him to others. He is honest and reliable.
- Armstrong Home ImprovementsThis transaction went better than I could have ever hoped for. Every person I spoke to along the way went out of their way to accommodate us. The price was very good and everyone was professional. When I started the process I assumed I would have to change my life and work around them until the repair was done. It turned out to be the opposite. I never had to leave work early or miss any work during the repair. The quality of work is perfect and the property was spotless during the entire repair. I can't recommend them enough!
- Kosta Painting & Refinishing LLCWe are tough customers; we needed an overdue log cleaning and re-staining of our Hochstetler milled pine log cabin. Mr. Kosta gave us a competitive estimate, and even agreed to subtract my already-purchased materials from the bid (Sikkens CETOL log stain and Log Caulk). The Kosta crew, Steve and Joe, were very diligent in pressure washing and using enviro-friendly detergent in the cleaning phase. Here's the tough customer part; our logs were dirty and black mold spotted, and only about a third of the dirt came off. Staining over this condition would make it permanent. I took out a hand sprayer with a 1/3 bleach-to-water solution, sprayed a section, and the logs brightened to a like-new honey gold. A quick photo and e-mail to Kosta supervisor Brian, and Brian agreed to send the crew again for a re-treat, spray and pressure wash. The crew came back another day and using bleach solution in a pump sprayer the cleanup was MUCH better. It was also a warm but rainy day and the poor guys looked like highly professional, but drowned rats by day's end. After about a two week drying period, Steve and Joe came back to calk log cracks and seams, mask off windows, and spray and back-brush the Sikkens oil-base stain. They used a professional pump to a hose spray head which made the application quick, and the back brush evened the finish. It's a two story cabin, and they did a great job on the eaves and dormers. They used the NBS-30 carpenter bee repellent I purchased, mixed 4 oz to each gallon of stain, so I'm anxious to see if there's less of a problem with bees this summer. (Those with logs or wood siding know those boring bees can be pests.) I would recommend Mr. Kosta and his crew to anyone considering cabin or deck staining. We continue to receive compliments on the cabin finish
- J D Construction and RemodelingJoe does fantastic work. He is dependable and responsive and you can trust that he is fully committed to making sure your project is completed on time and beyond expectations.
Contractors in Altoona
- Business Description:A family owned and operated Home Improvement Company. We provide free estimates and treat all jobs the same, regardless of size. We value respect and honestyRecent Review:The work was done on time and the guys were fantastic! Highly recommend!Caitlin S.
- Business Description:Nu Look Home Design Makes Roofing Easy. Better Business Bureau A+ Rated. 94% Satisfaction Rate. Over 40,000 Happy Customers. Lifetime Warranty. We are a home improvement company, not a contractor. Roofing contractors come and go, a roofing company like Nu Look Home Design is here for the long haul. Our roots run deep in our local communities across Maryland, Northern Virginia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. Our Maryland office is located in Columbia, but we also serve all the surrou..Recent Review:Preston was very knowledgeable and transparent about the process from start to finish on our roof replacement project. We wanted the best product available(Owens Corning) and the best warranty available. A company that stands behind it's installers for LIFE is incredibly rare, as is the fully transferrable warranty when we eventually move. There was about 20+ color options since Owens Corning never reduced production during Covid and it was easy to decide. Nu Look actually had a computer generated aerial view of our home and it's exact colors and dimensions. So in real time we were able to see the different roof color options with our existing siding, shutters and colors. Very impressive company and will definitely use again when we decide to change our sidingBrad M.
- Business Description:Barkers offers a variety of services including home renovation, roof repair, flooring, landscaping, fencing, etc. We guarantee quality work in a timely fashion within your budget. At Barkers, we take pride in our work and make it our mission to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Barkers is a quickly growing, owner operated company, that employs only the most experienced and skilled workersRecent Review:The service was excellent. He was fair and timely. I am very pleased with the outcome.Jamie L.
- Business Description:J D Construction and Remodeling specializes in Kitchen and Bathroom remodeling, custom tiled showers, countertops, build in cabinetry, Hardwood , ceramic and laminate flooring, Interior and Exterior doors, Drywall installation and finishing, crown casing and base moldings, Hardwood stairs and railing, Replacement windows, siding, porches, decks and vinyl railings, No Job is to big or to small. call for a free estimatRecent Review:They did very well, we are very pleased with the service. They upgraded plumbing areas that were above and beyond what was required .They worked in a timely manner and communication was great. We would highly recommend joe and the companySally B.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:SHOWROOM LOCATIONS; *ERIE, PA 5044 Peach Street, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat (By Appointment Only); *MCMURRAY, PA 3150 Washington Road, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM; *MONROEVILLE, PA 2644 Mosside Boulevard, Route 48 *STATE COLLEGE, PA 1341 South Atherton Street *WEXFORD, PA 11279 Perry Highway *MORGANTOWN, WV 918 Chestnut Ridge RoaRecent Review:We were extremely happy with the service, installation and quality provided by Pella of McMurray. We dealt with Rob Culbertson. Rob was superb to deal with in many aspects. I highly recommend selecting Rob to handle your needs. The installers were professional, respectful and diligent. They worked hard under cold conditions. They were cognizant of their cleanliness too and swept up frequently. The fiberglass windows and doors look great and I examined them thoroughly. My neighbors have been complimentary too. Try Rob Culbertson and Pella of McMurray for your needsChristopher W.
- Business Description:Finishers is a full service construction company. We do it all ! Nice crew size that is fully capable of completing project dead lines. FOLLOW WEBSITE FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS.Recent Review:I would 100% recommend Finishers to my friends and family. Answered on first call and was able to come put to give me an estimate within only a few days which was extremely important due to time constraints for the loan and closing. Was very thorough and explained everything to me in a way I could understand. Estimates were extremely affordable and went above and beyond to find the cheapest route for me while making sure repairs are done correctlySarah T.
- Business Description:Looking for contractor who cares, call me...small business where the owner is hands on....Hire me to do your job you become my boss until job is complete and you are completly satified with the work...Thank YouRecent Review:Delays were due to pandemic and work stoppage - not contractor. Once my unit was ready they installed immediately and despite challenges of being a building built in 1858 he and his team got it done. I was instantly impressed with the unit and can't say enough about being worth the cost! I could use my deck all day - despite the hotter than usual summer - had privacy with added screen - and the remote makes opening and closing it 'magic'. I wanted the option of removing coverage in the colder months so I could watch sunsets from inside. I will say the ads for Sunsetters don't do them justice - the canvas models are better looking than the ads show. Keith was low pressure but informative about the options. Glad I made the call and had one installedKaren K.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Business Description:Roofing. Additional Areas Served-Carbon, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Cumberland, Dauphin, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntington, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Luzerne, Lycoming, Mckean, Mercer, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Pike, Potter, Schuykill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Venango, Warren, & WaynRecent Review:I am an extremely dissatisfied customer.This job has too many mistakes to go into them all.They were willing to repair a few of them like siding coming off,nail under siding and trimming off some J channel.They were not willing to even admit to other mistakes such as uneven corners,siding that doesn’t match on both sides of windows, siding that is not level or cut short or missing above window.As for the roof I found out it’s cut short,seals were missing and rake edges are installed improperly.This job is a total failure (beware of looks good from road) I decided to trust this guy from the start.What a mistake that was.He told he was rated #5 on Angie’s list and I didn’t check till after he trashed my house. I couldn’t find any rating for him although their were some reviews.He had good reviews but last 2 were in 2015 and not good at allTom B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
Find general contractors in
general contractors in Altoona
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.101 Orchard Ave
- Affordable Roofing210 Glenn St
- AJ Mercer Painting697 Loop Rd
- AMERICAN PRIDE PAINTING848 26th St
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.
- B&B Services212 President Village Rd
- BadDad construction1421 2nd ave
- barry claycomb construction7363 king saint clair road
Alum Bank, Pennsylvania
- Brad & Ted's Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing1923 14th Ave
- BRAD GORDON WATERPROOFING AND GENERAL CONTRACTOR1814 BLACK OAK ROAD
- Bradley S. Helsel2141 Blackie RD
- B&B Services
- C&C Property Maint983 Miller Rd
- Cisney & O'Donnell Inc11923 William Penn Hwy
- Clint Eakin Construction624 W. Front St Apt A
Oil City, Pennsylvania
- Collins Construction, Inc.3196 Shermans Valley Road
- Commercial Service Pros219 North Julian St
- C&C Property Maint
- D&R Quality Builders IncPO Box 935
- Dan Cordell Construction726 Walnut Bottom rd.
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- David E. McCloskey Remodeling & Building317 McCloskey lane
- Designs By Mark150 Maureen Rd .
- Dively's Cabinetry/Construction1341 north 7th avenue
- Drake Contracting141 fink ave
- D&R Quality Builders Inc
- H2Pro Restorations243 Mine Bank Rd
- Haldeman's Construction6250 Rock Hill Rd
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Handy Dans300 Hite Lane
- Handy Helpers Remodeling308 West 5th Avenue
- H2Pro Restorations
- Raker Builders CoPost Office Box 137
- Rankin Renovations67 Goodwill Hill Rd
Grand Valley, Pennsylvania
- RDB Home Improvements1311 N Atherton St
State College, Pennsylvania
- RDY GUTTERS PLUS LLCPO Box 86
- Ron Benton Construction1239 Old Route 22
- RUSS BOHLMAN CONTRACTING459 S PENNSYLVANIA AVE STE B
Centre Hall, Pennsylvania
- Raker Builders Co
- S & C CONTRACTING INC15 E 14TH ST
- S and B Remodel6591 Route 120
- s&b construction & remodeling partnership517 22nd avenue
- Scott's Painting and Handyman Services, LLC411 S Dartmouth Ln
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- SIDING SURGEONS INC1887 SHAFFER MOUNTAIN RD
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- S & C CONTRACTING INC
- Tionesta Builders Supply613 RT 36
- Tionesta Builders Supply