Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Get matched with top septic system services in Lancaster, NY
There are 4 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Lancaster
- Banks SepticIt went well. Straight forward and no surprises. No up selling. Turned out my tank was under a sidewalk. I decided to cut the sidewalk myself. Banks came back out a few days later when I was ready.
- DELO DRAIN & SEPTIC SERVICESpoke to the owner and explained what was going on. Had a truck out here the next day. The technician Roger was great. Answered all my questions and gave recommendations on how to prolong the life of my system. Top class company and employee. Highly recommend Delo for your septic needs.
- Western New York Septic TankI have an old septic that is small but still seems to be in good working order as well as an acceptable leach field. I called WNY septic on a very wet morning when my toilet was bubbling if I used the shower. They were literally here within hours despite being super busy that day. Showed up with kindness and a great attitude. Got the job done in a timely, kind, professional manner despite the nature of the work at hand!! Can’t express how greatful I am to have found a reliable company such a as this!
- DELO DRAIN & SEPTIC SERVICEProfessional, replaced soil and did not leave any mud or septic contents. They did not have to pump tank.
- PENNY'S HARDWARE & PLUMBINGThe guy from Penny's Hardware and Plumbing personally dug down about six feet with a pickax by himself and laid all the piping from my gutters. It was like a one man job and he did it in like a day in a half because he started digging one afternoon and came back and finished it up the next day. What he does is take the sod off of your grass and replaces everything. All the dirt that he dug up he replaces it and you would never know he was there. Other people in the neighborhood have plumbers do this type of job and they come in with heavy machinery and dig up the dirt and leave all it left behind and are there for like 2 or 3 days. This man does this by himself and is the owner of Penny's Hardware. He's professional and is excellent. His work is just very good and he cleans up. I would definitely use him again and he does all of my plumbing
- Macken Services, Inc.The tank was cleaned and checked and was told everything checked out okay. He did not leave any mess and all we had to do is to put the patch of grass on top of it that we removed and it looked good as new.
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupThe work went fine. They were easy to schedule with and they showed up within two hours of us calling them. We have used them in the past and have had great experiences with them. They are our go to plumbers. They did exactly what we needed them to do. We have recommende to friends and neighbors.
- DELO DRAIN & SEPTIC SERVICEThey showed up on time even though it was raining and nasty outside. He assessed our problem and spent a couple of hours fixing it. They were ver polite and professional. We will definiately use them again and have since recommended them to 2 of our friends.
- Macken Services, Inc.We had a toilet that was gurgling when we took a shower or flushed the toilet. We had just returned after 9 months in our other home and the line had dried out due to lack of water flow. The serviceman explained the problem in detail and told us how to prevent it from happening in the future.
- DELO DRAIN & SEPTIC SERVICEFantastic! Called on a Wednesday afternoon and they completed the work the next day. Very professional and knowledgeable.
Last update on September 6, 2019
Septic Service Contractors in Lancaster, NY
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Find septic tank services in
- East Amherst,
- West Seneca,
- Clarence Center,
- East Aurora,
- Orchard Park,
- Darien Center,
Septic Tank Contractors in Lancaster, NY
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ATM Plumbing & Sewer Inc1194 Seneca Creek Rd
Buffalo, New York 14224
- ATM Plumbing & Sewer Inc
- Cellino Plumbing631 Bullis Rd
Elma, New York 14059
- Cellino Plumbing
- JMM Construction11290 Walden Ave
Alden, New York 14004
- JMM Construction
- MEYER SEPTIC SERVICE7130 OLEAN RD
South Wales, New York 14139
- MEYER SEPTIC SERVICE
- PENNY'S HARDWARE & PLUMBING2468 ELMWOOD AVE
Buffalo, New York 14217
- PENNY'S HARDWARE & PLUMBING
- T-Mark Plumbing Heating & Cooling2788 Elmwood Ave
Buffalo, New York 14217
- T-Mark Plumbing Heating & Cooling
Septic tank companies that service Lancaster
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.