Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Fargo, ND
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Fargo
- Nordick Construction IncI love the result. I entrusted Andy and his crew to install my window while I was away. It took only a few hours during the day. I received pictures of the process. It was done with efficiency and according to my specifications.
- Studs To RugsOver the fall I had them finish a room in my basement for me. The work included studding, electrical, drywall, texturing, finish carpentry and carpet. They designed the room and walk-in closet for me. The work started when promised and ended on time. I waited a few months to review them because he I wanted to make sure that I did not find any problems. I am very happy with the quality of work done and would highly recommend them. Their quote came in lower than the other 3 companies which I would usually see as a bad thing. I went with Studs to rugs despite this because they had been highly recommended by my house inspector
- HANDY GUY SERVICESI called Handy Guy Services for a quote and Guy was here right away to look at the job. One of the ceiling joists was cracked, and a couple others were bowing. He explained they would sister up another joist and install joists in between the existing because the span between joists is over 3'. He called me with a quote the next day and said they could do the work within a day or so. He left me a written quote and a couple of guys came out Thursday afternoon and worked late to get the job done that night. We feel much better about the sturdiness of our garage ceiling and pleased with the work
- Jon Burgard ConstructionJon kept me informed of everything he was doing and how it was going. He always set up a time when he would be to my home and was always on time. If he was running behind he always called. He is an excellent steady worker and cleaned up behind himself as he went along. He is very particular and proud of his work and it shows. I will refer him to everyone because I'm so incredibly pleased with him and the work that he did
- Nordick Construction IncIt went very well. He kept us informed on the progress and notified us of any troubles. Usually he had multiple options ready if something didn't turn out the way we had planned. E.g., removing wall coverings can turn up surprises that you wouldn't know about until the covering is removed.
- SOS CarpentryI called Court, he came over and gave me an estimate the same day. When my door came in he gave me a time when he would be there. He had to reframe our patio door in and since he was there we had another door to install and he did that the same day also He was on time, very professional, and cleaned the area after he was done. He is a very nice person and I would definitely call him again
- Studs To RugsThis company is awesome - from Tim, the owner, being completely honest and straightforward to his team of highly skilled craftsman. First, they squeezed my work into their already busy schedule and then they worked well into the evening to complete the job because they had committed to finishing that day - this is not something you find very often. The work has been inspected by the city and passed easily. In addition, Tim dropped by the following day to take a look at the work himself and make sure I was happy with the outcome. His team was very complementary of Tim (their boss), which also says a lot about how this company is run - they are obviously a team oriented firm with a lot of respect and professionalism all around. I highly recommend this company for any remodeling needs you may have
- Enigma Constructs LLCWe called asking whether he was intending to pay the guy he hired and he said this I quote “ I am not gonna pay him be cause you called me” and he also said this “ if you wanna deal with it come over here and suck my d**k”
- Studs To RugsA project that was supposed to take 5 weeks took 12 weeks and there are still items that aren't finished. I had to constantly ask for schedule updates and ended up having to spend way too much time helping to "manage" the project as they continually dropped the ball. My cupboards were stained the wrong color and had to be pulled out and redone, the flooring still isn't complete and was almost placed in the wrong areas. Many items in my home were damaged and I wasn't told about it and had to ask to get them fixed. The texture on the walls had big areas that weren't fully covered and I had to ask for them to come back. I asked for a discount because of all the issues I had and I was told no. Not at all happy - it was a lot of money to spend for terrible service and low quality work
- HANDYMAN INCJason was very good at the start. Punctual and creative with his solutions. Then about a quarter of the way through he started not showing up when he was suppose to arrive. Real annoying. I know life is hectic but he would never call. Very erractic. He did get the job done but the work was shoddy.
Contractors in Fargo
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a professional handyman company that can take on just about any project you may have for your house. From small repairs to larger remodels, we can take care of that. We also offer landscaping and lawn sprinkler services as well, since the owner has many years of experience specializing in that field. We aim to impress, and always do a quality job! Give us a call todayRecent Review:It went very well. Matt did a good job; the shelves looked great. He kept me informed of his schedule and did things in a timely manner. His quote for the project was right on.Frank G.
- Business Description:Enigma Constructs LLC is a Home Improvement Contractor. We specialize in 6 categories: Roofing, Siding, Carpentry, Gutters, Drywall and Insulation. We are a small company willing to work for you!! We know how expensive home repair and renovations are and always work with Homeowners to get what they want at a fair price. Bigger companies quoting you $20,000 for a 20 square roof? Ha, that's ridiculous! We'd do it for a fraction of the price. What kind of fraction? Depending how we're feeling th..Recent Review:We called asking whether he was intending to pay the guy he hired and he said this I quote “ I am not gonna pay him be cause you called me” and he also said this “ if you wanna deal with it come over here and suck my d**kGavin B.
- Business Description:I am a sole proprietor home remodeler which means I do all the work myself. This is how I can guarantee a quality job every time. On a side note: I do chainsaw carvings as a hobby. Check out my website! (jayraycarves.comRecent Review:Jay was incredibly professional, and he did an amazing job. Although the job took longer than he expected, he did things correctly and he took his time to do it right. He made sure I was happy with everything as he was doing it. Another thing I respected was that he was extremely clean when he was working - I never came home to a house that was destroyed; the floors were clean (even before the floors were redone), any tools were put away and not laying around, wherever he had tool boxes or tools, he protected the surface that it was on (be it old flooring or new counters). I enjoyed working with Jay, and I have hired him for another job already. I highly recommend using him for your next home remodel. He did exactly what he said he would do, and was willing to do extra items that came up (hooking up appliances, moving water lines) to make sure I was satisfied with the finished projectMichelle H.
- Business Description:North Dakota licensed and insured contractor
- Business Description:Craftsman - design - carpentry - restoration - fabrication - handyman for home, auto, business, and commercial. Providing free estimates with attention to detail and completing projects that exceed customer expectations
- Business Description:COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. SEE WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED.Recent Review:Jason was very good at the start. Punctual and creative with his solutions. Then about a quarter of the way through he started not showing up when he was suppose to arrive. Real annoying. I know life is hectic but he would never call. Very erractic. He did get the job done but the work was shoddyMatt W.
- Business Description:High quality at an affordable price for your home improvement projects, repairs and maintenance needs.
- Business Description:Smelden Construction is licensed in North Dakota and Minnesota, with work of the highest quality. Both owners are from rural, small towns and this is demonstrated in how they do business; being professional, personable, and always ensuring clients feel comfortable throughout their entire experience. Every job is treated with the highest importance
- Business Description:Amazing Handyman For all you're home improvementRecent Review:Dado is wonderful to work with. He does such quality work I would not go anywhere else. I sent him a list of some odd jobs and finish work in the basement to complete quickly so I could list me house and he was able to get right out and even found a leak that I was unaware of. I had to have a plumber fix the leak, since it was a main drain issue, but Dado came right back out at short notice to fix the drywall from the plumbing repairs so I could get it ready to showLaura M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- West Fargo
- Lake Park
- Pelican Rapids
- Twin Valley
general contractors in Fargo
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Arch D Design Build LLC - Dahms Design2219 A Main Ave
Fargo, North Dakota
- Arch D Design Build LLC - Dahms Design
- LChadwick ConstructionPO Box 9024
Fargo, North Dakota
- LChadwick Construction
- Master Trim1311 University Dr N
Fargo, North Dakota
- Master Trim
- SEIVERT QUALITY CONSTRUCTION2020 ROSE CREEK PKWY E
Fargo, North Dakota
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Smelden Construction LLC3526 12th ST S
- Sortlands Construction
Walcott, North Dakota
- STONEY CREEK WOODWORKS844 50TH ST S
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Studs To Rugs5289A 51st Ave S
Fargo, North Dakota
- SEIVERT QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
- Ultimate Patios1320 11th Ave N
- Ultimate Patios
- VanVleet Construction8416 Dupont ave n
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
- VanVleet Construction