Uncle John's Handyman Svc

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2005

3.8

Wallace Painting

Providing professional painting residential and commercial

Scott Electric

Established in 1985, Scott Electric is a family owned business specializing in both commercial and residential projects. Bob Scott, the patriarch of the family, has more than 40 years of electrical experience and knowledge. He learned the trade working with several local electrical companies before starting his own company. Beginning with two or three employees, he and his team now number 10 – 20, depending on the size of the job, and have successfully completed a large variety of projects from single family homes to hotels and senior living facilities. Adam Scott, began his informal apprenticeship with his father at the age of 12 and has become a renowned electrician in his own right. With 20 years’ experience, he is a licensed Master Electrician in both Missouri and Illinois. He is also a licensed substation electrician, having helped build electrical substations for power companies throughout the U.S., including Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Wyoming. Adam has worked on 13,800-volts to 345,000 -volts power lines and large transformers, giving him wide-ranging electrical expertise. Scott Electric has the experience, knowledge and manpower to complete any project – big or small – commercial or residential.

Hilltop Home Repairs

Specializing in handyman services and home repairs. Don't worry! If it's broke, I'll fix it for you! No job is too big, or too small. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Home repairs, all phases of remodeling, flooring, plumbing, and MORE! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

01/16/2017

Well, the girl at the front said "just call me and tell me what you want" I got the sku numbers and called them to her and we went through what I knew the amounts were as opposed to what the company doing the work wanted to charge. Then the guy ends up bringing out 1 shower faucets instead of 1 shower faucet and 2 sink faucets because when he got to the store they had down that we ordered 3 shower...

Description of Work
We needed a bathroom wall put up and a toilet and a few faucets and a shower rod.

11/21/2016

They didn't bring out a part that was included in the payment from the loan company and we had to go buy it so the room could be finished. We were assured that we would get that back. It has been several months and we were just jacked around. Also the office help was less that good.

Description of Work
Replace toilet, sink, 2 faucets, replace shower stall, shower faucets.

07/04/2015

Uncle John is uber professional and clearly knows exactly what he's doing. I was concerned that the garage door repair was going to be complicated, but he got right to work and put it back together with no problem, and 9 months later it is still working like a charm. The other smaller repairs were performed just as efficiently. I would absolutely recommend him -- although, understandably, I think ...

Description of Work
I accidentally closed my garage door on top of my car, which caused some of the parts to pull loose so that the door would no longer open and close automatically. I also had a louvered door off of the track in my laundry area, as well as a couple of other minor repairs. Uncle John was available within just a few days of my calling, had everything he needed to get the work done, performed the repairs efficiently, and advised me on an additional repair I need to have done.

Category drywall

08/21/2012

Description of Work
Uncle John fixed some holes in our drywall; including ceilings due to water leaks. The ceiling replacement was finished with a a knockdown texture. Although I had been told it would be very hard to tell a difference between the replacement drywall and original, it is very noticeable. The build up of drywall compound around the square area is horrible. He also replaced a patch of drywall on a wall and did some replacement caulking around the some windows, and that was fine. He did offer to redo, but I wasn't sure he would be able to get it better the second time. And, I guess I assume at some time in the future, the toilet may leak again! Lesson learned; hire a professional who specializes in drywall. He is very personable and arrived on-time. I'm pretty sure my final invoice was more than estimate, but by that time I was done.

09/19/2007

I have used him before and he is a very honest person. I really like the craftsmanship he put into the window boxes. He took pride in the work he did. He is friendly and uses good quality material on all of his projects.

Description of Work
Uncle John's built some window boxes for us.

Category contractors,handyman service

Electrical, plumbing, ceramic tile, hardwood flooring, painting & drywall.

Roofing.