Whether you built your home last year or live in one that was built more than 100 years ago, there’s a high chance some masonry was involved. Check out these ten common masonry materials that every homeowner should know about.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Columbia, MO
There are 5 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Columbia
- Frank Rustemeyer Masonry LLCWhere others said it couldn't be done, Frank's team was able to get a reasonable match to the bricks that needed to be replaced and just replaced those (which is what I wanted to begin with). They then water sealed the brick and added an overhang to hopefully prevent the problem from recurring. He was actually able to start the job sooner than expected and it was completed in a reasonable amount of time. Time will tell how well everything holds up, but as of now, I'm very pleased with how things went and with their level of professionalism
- BRICKSLAYER MASONRYMr. Coffman is a true professional who took great pride and care in his work. He assessed the water drainage problem in our back yard and made simple but effective changes in guttering and the use of rain barrels that should go a long way in prolonging the life of the stone work. The overall stone work is similar to a fine stained glass window in form and beauty
- BRICKSLAYER MASONRYI am very proud to have had this master do our work. A very wet year delayed the time for completion. Mark worked whenever he could and was not able to predict how long the job would take.Also, we added .about 75 feet of walls to his workload, therefore a finish date was impossible to set.
- BRICKSLAYER MASONRYI highly recommend Mark Coffman and Brickslayer Masonry. I found him here on Angie's List, and he did a great job. He shows up when he says he will, he cleans up the mess when he's done, his price was very reasonable and the quality of his work was top notch. Hire him, you'll like him.
- MasonryThe overall process went very well. Mark Perkins was very professional and responsive to our preferences and the crew were very hard working and pleasant. Also, they were quite neat. It was extremely hot but they worked through it. The only glitch was when they started placing stones. I had picked out an example from the intranet done by a Mason in northern Ontario and taped it on the patio. What they were choosing were bigger and sharper and less patterned than what we wanted. We sat down and went over this with Mark and he was very responsive and adapted their work to our plan. I watched the entire process and if there was a stone color or shape that looked out of place I told them. It was obviously very important that we had studied this and knew what we wanted, including pictures. Putting down random shape and varied color flagstones is like designing and implementing a piece of art. They can't read your mind. Mark was here working with the crew most of the time and was always available by cell phone. Do: Be prepared and know what you want. Be there for the job so you work along with them on the design
- Frank Rustemeyer Masonry LLCDid a great job of tuck pointing the chimney. The cap was not exactly what I wanted, but that was my fault for not following more closely before it was ordered. It will do what it is supposed to do. I would recommend his services to a friend.
- Frank Rustemeyer Masonry LLCFrank was referred to me by a neighbor/contractor. He came out to look over the job within 24 hours. His quote for labor was quite reasonable, but after he found out how much I was paying for the materials, he took care to move the purchase req into his name so as to receive more discount. All in all, the total project (for materials and labor) ended up costing me the same as the materials only portion - since I had measured incorrectly and would have purchased much more than I needed. He and his crew were very aware that my young children were watching and listening to everything..they were very professional in that regard. Everyone who comes to visit now remarks as to the beautiful stone retaining wall, we call it our island, in the middle of our driveway. Very nice job and very happy customer indeed!!
- Frank Rustemeyer Masonry LLCThought he had a good estimate and a lot of experience and would do a good job. However, he had to pull out because of reasons beyond his control.
- Advanced Chimney Techniques IncThe buyer already had an estimate with Advanced Chimney Techniques, so all I had to do was call to set up the work date and pay for it. But Advanced Chimney Techniques did not make that easy. They were extremely frustrating. Every time I called, the receptionist/dispatcher/phone-answerer acted like they'd never handled a phone call, and were honestly astonished that someone needed work done. At one point, I asked her a question about accessing the house during the work, and she adamantly insisted that the workers would not need access to the house. I finally got her to agree that she would ask the workers and call me back the next day. She didn't call back, ever, and of course the workers needed access to the house on the workday. That was really weird. Even though I'd been very clear that I, the seller, was ordering the work, they sent emails to the buyer of the house before the workday. When told that this was incorrect, they did not bother to make sure the emails reached me. The day before the work, I called to confirm what I thought was the start time of 8:00am. Well, it turns out that they don't tell you the start time. The repairman would figure out his day's schedule and call me the morning of with a time. He would call me by 7:30am, I was promised. Of course he didn't call me by 7:30am, but I did call him at 8:00am because I needed to know when to expect him since the estimate was for 3 hours of work, which is not a small part of the day. The repairman told me that he could come by around 3:00pm, and that it wouldn't take a full three hours. He'd looked at the estimate, he told me, and it wouldn't take that long- maybe half that time. I was able to extract a promise that he would call me on his way from his last job, which was thankfully in Fulton so I had some time to prepare. He did call. I have to give him that. He called, but it was almost an hour early and then, of course, the job took every bit of 3 hours so it was long past 5:30pm that I was sitting there in a lawn chair in an empty house, waiting for them to finish up. I was not able to inspect the work since they completed most of it in the attic and on the roof just two days before closing, but the buyers were satisfied with it on final walkthrough. I am sure the chimney is safe to use. But I would not hire these guys again, because I felt that their whole operation was unprofessional and lacking in much consideration for their clients, not to mention the broken promises about callbacks
Masonry Contractors in Columbia
- Business Description:Specializing in handyman services and home repairs. Don't worry! If it's broke, I'll fix it for you! No job is too big, or too small. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Home repairs, all phases of remodeling, flooring, plumbing, and MORE! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Donnie was great and did an excellent job on my home repairs. He is extremely professional and was so transparent with me with what to expect (regarding the cost, timeframe, and end result) from start to finish. If I need any repairs done in the future he will be the person I callTaylor H.
- Business Description:We offer a wide range of services from building a fence to fixing that leaky faucet to a full renovation or if you want to build a new home we can help . From planing to building we are the full-service company for your home. Ask about out 100% satisfaction guarantee todayRecent Review:Randolph Development (D&D Cabinetry) were perhaps the best part of our entire new home construction. Dan and Danielle Randolph were able to see the vision that we had for our home and they gave creative input that made for a very unique set of custom cabinets! They operate with the utmost attention to detail--we are so pleased with the work they've done for us! Not only did they build the cabinets that we wanted, they also took on some "unfinished" projects that we needed for our new home--fixing a set of antique corbels that we wanted to use on our covered back porch, they also converted an antique fireplace mantel into a beautiful built-in book case that is in the center of our home. We have enjoyed every moment of our involvement with this company...so much so, that we have added a few more jobs to their work list! (Wish is was possible to submit photos of the work they've done for us...although I'm not sure photos would do them justice) Call them if you are looking for professionalism, courtesy, attention to detail, unique design, quality construction and materials, and timely work completionTimothy W A.
- Business Description:Masonry services in Jefferson City Missouri.Recent Review:<p>Did a great job of tuck pointing the chimney. The cap was not exactly what I wanted, but that was my fault for not following more closely before it was ordered. It will do what it is supposed to do.</p> <p>I would recommend his services to a friend.</p> <p><br /> </pDennis B.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We specialize in tile and epoxy flooring -- Restoration, polishing, cleaning, staining, installs, and repairs. We can also work with marble, granite, concrete, terrazzo, travertine, slate, etc. We have all our own green patented products we use. We do not subcontract any flooring work. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while del..Recent Review:Fabulous from the start! I have always wanted a new countertop but didn't want to spend a fortune. The craftsmen came to my house promptly on time and were very professional. They informed us what they would be doing from start to finish. The look of my countertop is amazing and we have now decided we must get the playroom floor done for the kids to brighten up the roomMELISSA C.
- Business Description:Helitech is a family, locally-owned specialty contractor that provides waterproofing & foundation repair services to homeowners across a 4 state region. Services include basement & crawlspace waterproofing, complete foundation repair - piering, wall anchoring, & crack repair, as well as concrete leveling / mudjacking, moisture barriers, sump pumps, general construction, & yard drainage. We service the greater St. Louis, Quad Cities, Central Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southeastern & Central ..Recent Review:It has taken me almost 2-years to write this review, so I hope they have improved. My experience was awful. It had been a very rainy May and the basement kept getting water in it. I called Helitech and a competitor and both were really busy. Chose Helitech because they could get there sooner. Salesman promised me they would start the work in about 2-weeks -- work wasn't done until late August. I was told they had a big job at a nursing home that had to be done first. My job was not a minor cheap change but $5,000 and not one I thought would be put on the back burner. The people in the office were just about nonexistent; I'd call and leave messages and they were never returned. Just terrible customer support! The actual work that was done was good. And while the team of workers were nice, I had proof that they had gone through some of my things in the basement. I found one of the items upstairs proving they had moved it. The whole project put me behind three months of putting the house up for sale and left me with a bad taste for this businessKaren M.
- Recent Review:They never called me back. Not reliable. Would never recommend any company that does not at least return a call.Rick M.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Midwest Renovation LLC serve both the residential and commercial construction market, including expertise in wind and hail storm related damage in Jefferson City, MO. Call us today at (866) 230-5415 for a free consultationRecent Review:I should have known when they shorted the new foundation for the expansion by a foot that we were in trouble. They had to cantilever over the foundation to get the right dimensions for the expansion. They damaged our driveway and promised to repair it when the project was done. We had to buy some of the supplies that we were going to be reimbursed for when the project was done also. Well, we get a letter in the mail that states they are no longer going to work on completing the contracted work. We were able to contact them once more after that before they broke off all communication. They stated they would fix the driveway and they would look into reimbursing us for the material we purchased. It has been a nightmare since. We now have the ceilings in the expansion pulling away from the walls leaving gaps. The roof they installed is leaking in several places. They literally installed the shingles at an angle and water is running underneath them. Electrical work was not done to code and has to be redone. We have filed with the BBB because they had an A+ rating and were rated highly by other websites. We have tried communicating by every means possible without any results. We did everything the right way. We called references, checked them out with all the websites and BBB. With them supposedly being in business for 14 years we figured we were safe. It just goes to show you that you can get ripped off by anybody. We are now attempting to get a new contractor to not only finish the job they quit on but also fix all the problems with the work they did perform. Its been a total nightmare. If you are considering working with this company, I urge you to RUN away from them. If you are currently using them, document everything. We have pictures of everything along with all the documentation stating what they would do and what they actually did. The legal process has already begun to hold this company accountable for the shoddy work, or lack of work they did on our homeJesse W.
- Recent Review:I highly recommend Mark Coffman and Brickslayer Masonry. I found him here on Angie's List, and he did a great job. He shows up when he says he will, he cleans up the mess when he's done, his price was very reasonable and the quality of his work was top notch. Hire him, you'll like him. <br /David B.
- Business Description:“Holland Brother Construction and Landscaping LLC” is a small business that provides services that other construction and landscaping company’s do no. It is our priority to provide professional, friendly, and quality construction to northern Boone County, Columbia, and Moberly communities. We make sure our customer’s needs are met. “We Do The Work You Don’t Want To.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
If your brick or stone wall needs repairing, then you need a brick masonry contractor to tackle the project. Hiring a mason for a project can feel daunting, but if you follow these tips you’ll know just what to do to find the perfect pro for you.
Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Find masonry contractors in
- New Bloomfield
- New Franklin
- Holts Summit
- Jefferson City
- Saint Martins
- Pilot Grove
masonry contractors in Columbia
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Complete Concrete Solutions5555 Red Creek Ct
- Complete Concrete Solutions
- Gilmore's Construction4017 route cc
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Gilmore's Construction
- JAMES G STAAT TUCKPOINTING & WATERPROOFING INC1671 S OLD HWY 141 STE B
- JAMES G STAAT TUCKPOINTING & WATERPROOFING INC
- No limit construction llc
- No limit construction llc
- Spano Construction and Remodeling Services700A Kimberly Drive
- Spano Construction and Remodeling Services
- UNCLE JOHN'S HANDYMAN SERVICEP O BOX 1653
- UNCLE JOHN'S HANDYMAN SERVICE