It’s time for a new garage door, but between styles, types, and width, you might be a little lost. Using this guide, you’ll understand how garage door installation costs will vary based on several factors, like materials, labor, and how it opens.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Rochester, MN
There are 6 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Rochester
- Doors-R-UsUnbelievable level of service. They have a goal of getting to your project within 24 hours of reaching out. They were at my house within 2 hours of me calling. Amazing. They not only were fast to act, but also went though my other doors to verify acceptable condition. The degree of customer service is unmatched and frankly, refreshing in today's fast past world. Can't recommend enough....I'm now a lifelong customer. Awesome
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersI was very impressed with the quality of communication and the professionalism of the crew that did the work. Fair price for the work done and product received.
- Robert's Garage Door Professionals of ChicagoWe live out of state and own a house in Chicago. Repairs are a real challenge. Our renter reported that the door was sticking and would go partially up then get stuck. It had to be brought up and down several times before it would work. As Roberts Garage had installed the door, I called them. They came over very quickly and diagnosed the problem. They proposed a solution of reasonable cost and offered a prompt repair. They were willing to work with me on payment since I am out of state. They were friendly They arrived quickly and had the work completed very promptly
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersI have a two door garage. Garage opener stopped working, and need to replace the second garage door, since it's old and not functional. Dustin came out in no time to give a quote. During the estimate visit, Dustin explained everything, from timing, work schedule, to how the actual installation would go. Adequate time was given to consider quote. If my memory served me right, various insurance and certificate copies were included in the quote package. The crew came out right on time, and the installation was done in a timely manner, as described. Crew cleaned up after themselves, and even helped me haul away some debris from when I prepare the garage for installation. They will definitely get a call from me should anything happen to my garage door. I think they are the best in town
- Garage Door Repair Rochester MNThe repairman came out and replaced the wheel. I went out shortly after and the garage door would not go down. I called him back and he returned, did some "greasing" and fiddled with the garage door opener controls. From then on, the garage door opened without problem. He didn't charge me for his return visit
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersThey came out promptly and replaced the sensors and adjusted the garage door. Everything works great. They did a wonderful job. Only thing somewhat strange that they do is that they require a credit card number before doing anything. Didn't really like that, but they are a reputable company and I didn't have too much of a worry about it
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersPerfect. Brian was able to fix our garage door opener instead of having to replace the whole thing. Really helped right at Christmas!
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersI've used Thompson garage door three times- when I first moved in, and there was no remote left by the prior owner, second when a spring broke on the door, and third when I decided to buy a new door and opener. All three times they responded very quickly- when the spring broke and I couldn't get the door open, they arrived within 3 hours. The new door and opener (to replace a 30 year old model) is wonderful, very energy efficient, and attractive. I appreciate how their sales representative (Bruce) walked me through all the options to get just the color and design I wanted. They did a great job installing it, too, in a small tuck- under space (it was a custom size). Much quieter opener than I had before too. I'm happy
- Thompson's Garage Door and OpenersJim was very responsive, eager to answer questions, discuss options, etc. I was very impressed with how quick he would get back to me with estimate adjustments. I had originally been dealing with another garage door company (Nelson), but they guy fell off the radar for no apparent reason...stopped answering calls and responding to emails, I have no idea why. But Thompson was very prompt and we're very happy with the new door. We ordered our newdoor at the beginiing of June, knowing that our exisitng one had its days numbered. Jim told me the new doors take about three weeks to be delivered. Two weeks into the waiting period our old door finally busted. When I informed Jim, just wanting to see how our order was coming along, he offered to help get vehicles out of the garage or make a temporary fix. I had no need at that time so declined but appreciated the service offer
- Nelson Overhead DoorHe came right out right away and fixed the problem. They were very nice and the quality of work was good. He's pretty flexible with the times he can come out.
Garage Door Companies in Rochester
- Business Description:Quality Products, Exceptional Service, Meticulous Installations with the Industry's Best Warranties...all at the lowest, fairest prices possible. Financing available (O.A.C.).Recent Review:Yarik helped understand the problem and gave me clear options. This is a “customer first” business!Arthur H.
- Business Description:Doors-R-Us is a 24 hr turn around company on all installations, we specialize in installation of all doors, including patio doors, storm doors, exterior doors , interior doors, garage doors. We provide 24 hr emergency services. Are services area is a 100 mile radius of Chatfield, Mn. We are a five star rated company on Google. We are dedicated to service and quality craftsmanship on every project. We install in every weather elementRecent Review:Rodney and his assistant (his name escapes me) were awesome. When he initially came he found that the door and frame we'd already purchased weren't the right size for our door. He advised us what to buy and when it came in, he went the extra mile to pick it up for us, and he also made a trip to get a new piece of framework we needed. They were quick with the installation, fixed any issues that popped up and did a great job. I'd hire them again for sure.Renee O.
- Business Description:Roofing, siding, windows, rain gutters, and more: All Craft Exteriors is the top choice for your exterior remodeling project. Founded in Rochester, MN by a group of craftsmen who enjoyed working together we’ve brought together the best home improvement team in the business. We use top quality products and offer a Lifetime Labor Guarantee. All Craft Exteriors is grateful to have earned a long string of positive reviews. In, fact, over 50% of our business comes from referrals made by previous c..Recent Review:We had 4 contractors come out to give estimates. Only 2 actually got bids to us. ACE was not the cheapest, but was within a thousand dollars of the the other bid. After re-reading reviews and considering the level of communication with ACE, we went with them. They were very responsive and organized. Communication was great and they were willing to work around our schedules. Most importantly, they did a GREAT job on a property that needed lots of extra work and attention. We have since hired them to complete the same work on our personal residence. I would definitely recommend themAmy B.
- Business Description:My name is Anthony D. I focus on creating high quality/professional Music Videos, Commercials, Weddings, short films, documentaries, Real Estate Videos... YOU NAME IT! (not to mention the Original Series I am working on). I am one with the camera. I strive to capture the magic through the lens and turn it into a creative masterpiece! I use top of the line equipment and strive to bring you the best result! Being that I am also a musician, I have quite the portfolio going back over 7 years. I..Recent Review:It could not have gone better. The value we received was really unbelievable. Would never consider using anyone else again. Received way way more than we paid for. On top of that, the crew was great and super friendly and professional. Thank you IAmAnthonyDJon S.
- Business Description:Jim Thompson is the president and owner of Thompson's Garage Door and Openers Company, Inc. He started the business in 1991, selling and installing out of his own garage. Twenty-four years and a lot of hard work later, we now have a new high-tech showroom and office. We are a 4-star dealer for C.H.I. Overhead Doors and we're an Authorized LiftMaster dealer for residential and commercial garage door, and gate operators. We are also the local SE MN dealer for the Lifestyle Garage Screen DoorsRecent Review:I was very impressed with the quality of communication and the professionalism of the crew that did the work. Fair price for the work done and product received.Theresa H.
- Business Description:We have been doing remodeling since 2001. We specialize in providing fair prices for high quality products .Recent Review:I called homestead a couple of weeks ago for a quote. Made an appointment with an estimator named Rick. Based on a previous reviews I should've cancelled it or at least have someone else come out to do it. He cancelled the appointment an hour before he was supposed to come over. We reschedule for the next day, Friday. During the appointment I tell him what I want, that I wanted to do a 3 or 4 season over my existing deck and if it went over our budget that I'd like a roof over it instead. He proceeds to tell me about TEMO and I told him to just give me the quotes on what I requested. He was going to work on the quotes over the weekend and we agreed that he'd email the quotes back to me by Tuesday. Tuesday comes and still no email so I emailed him in the evening asking if they were done. He rudely replies saying he didn't say Tuesday but instead Wednesday. Wednesday comes and still nothing. I email back on Thursday and he says would like to come over on the weekend for me to look over the quote even though I asked him to email it. We scheduled the appointment for Saturday and he comes with a quote for only a TEMO system. He didn't give me any quotes for anything that I asked for. When I asked him if he at least had a quote for a roof he stated that I never asked him for such a thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He tells me he'll give me the quote for a Pergola first thing Sunday morning and here we are, no email for a quote. To top it all off he looked so annoyed when he was giving me the quotes and when I was asking him questions. Poor communication doesn't even begin to describe the experience I've had dealing with him. Homestead you just lost out on a customer and have earned a negative review in the process. You have Rick to thank for thatPaul T.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - GDSCO. Garage Door Supply Company is an authorized Chamberlain LiftMaster dealer. We carry a complete line of LiftMaster Parts, Accessories and LiftMaster remote control transmitters and receivers. LiftMaster is a registered trade mark of the Chamberlain Manufacturing Group. LiftMaster and Chamberlain parts, accessories and remotes are interchangeable with Sears Craftsman parts, accessories and remotes.Recent Review:Great. I'm in IA, he's in UT. Not conducive to doing business.Michael F.
- Business Description:Professional Exteriors Inc is a full service company with services ranging from siding and roofing to decks as well as snow and ice dam removal in the winter. With a wide range of capabilities PEI is able to meet all your renovations needsRecent Review:After water was running into the house due to ice dams they were able to come out the next day and get the water to stop comming inside. Thats the good. The bad is we were gouged to the tune of one thousand dollars for two hours worth of work. They did very little to clear the eves off, they still had a heavy sheet of ice. Its a week later and dams are back. They tried charging even more saying they worked longer than they did. Id say we payed 5x the value for 2/3 jobBrenda A.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:Door Doctors Specialize in Doors and Door Security.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
A garage door is for more than just curb appeal—it’s also a major entry point and becomes a security weakness when broken. Don’t let your garage door fall into disrepair. Find out the average garage door repair cost and keep your home stylish and safe.
Regular maintenance is crucial to ensuring that your garage door is in great shape. Luckily, this can be a breeze. Use our top tips to maintain a garage door to keep everything running smoothly and safely for years to come.
Find garage door companies in
- Zumbro Falls
- Pine Island
- Dodge Center
- West Concord
- Saint Charles
- Grand Meadow
- Spring Valley
garage door companies in Rochester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Creative Innovations LLC106 Grandview Ct
- Creative Innovations LLC
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling1659 Valley View Dr.
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- J. Benson Construction
- KC Star5309 80th Ave, SW
- KC Star
- Legacy Roofing and Construction2019 Arlen Ct SW
- Legacy Roofing and Construction
- Professional Exteriors, Inc5376 260th St
- Professional Exteriors, Inc
- Rochester Overhead Door Company Inc2321 7th St NW
- Rochester Overhead Door Company Inc
- Super Siders10533 Karston Ave. NE
- Super Siders