Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Rochester, MN
There are 4 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Rochester
- American WaterworksWork was performed to spec and work area was cleaned up and landscape was returned to previous state before work was performed. Lawn was protected by plywood sheets while the excavator traveled across the yard.
- Lowell Russell ConcreteWe are remodelling our entire basement and adding hydro-radiant heat. We decided to have a decorative concrete floor in lieu of tile. Lowell first gave us a description of all the possible options for decorative concrete and how they differ in cost and appearance. He had a very large photo album of previous work he showed us on his touchpad. He then gave us several days to consider what we wanted. We decided on grey colored concrete with grid cuts for a result that would look like a tiled floor. His crew arrived, laid a wire fiber mesh for reinforcing on top of the radiant heat tubes and poured 3 inches of 45,000 PSI colored concrete. After hardening they applied 2 coats of sealant. A week later his team returned and snaped a grid with chalk on the floor. After consulting with us and making some changes they made cuts and filled them with grout. A few days later they returned and add a few more cuts that we wanted, cleaned and double checked the grout before applying a final coat of sealant. We only had one issue. We had told our plumber many times that we would not be using an insert for our shower and planned to use the concrete as the floor for the shower. However, the plumber built a box around the drain, so Lowell's crew assumed we had changed our minds and were going to use an insert without double checking with us. Since we are not using a general contractor, the only real person to blame was ourselves. Never-the-less, Lowell gave us a discount on the cuts to ensure goodwill. I found Lowell to be very professional and passionate about his business. I would definitely recommend his company for any concrete work
- Affordable Concrete IncBrad and his crew did an excellent job replacing our 3-stall wide concrete driveway. Work was done with great attention to detail and to exacting specifications. We really like our driveway now...waited several years and saved up enough to cover it this year, since we knew replacing it was not going to be cheap, no matter the provider we went with. Much easier to clear the snow with driveway panels that are level with each other... Only negatives would be cost (but I was willing to pay extra than other providers to make sure the job was done right), not being able to pay with a credit card, and not being able to use e-mail as primary form of communication
- DOYLE CONNER COWe are very happy with the results of the project. They dug up the existing clay under the driveway and replaced it with gravel and rebar. The took the time to lay out the forms for the new driveway so that is has curved edges and looks really nice. They have a lot of equipment and a large crew so they were able to get the entire project done in 4 days. Chad was very responsive to calls I made about the project and always returned my calls the same day if he wasn't in the office when I called
- Bill McCann Concrete, LLPHe is definitely the best you can get. I am hiring him again. He is busy, but well worth it. Tops in my book!
- Affordable Concrete IncBrad Bishop returned my initial phone call that same evening, and came out to the house the following day to inspect the work site. The next day he arranged for delivery of the concrete, and installed rebar and directed the pour and finishing. I am completely satisfied with the entire transaction.
- Affordable Concrete IncThis company is well-run and well organized. The owner's understanding of concrete needs and possibilities for corrections rather than total replacement is excellent. I thought my entire driveway would have to be rebuilt, but Brad insisted that just the problem sections would need rebuilding, and the project turned out perfectly. That is exactly what should have been done--and was! Affordable Concrete's work is high quality and timely. Everyone is professional and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to work with them. Highly recommended
- Affordable Concrete IncWe had a section of driveway and a sidewalk leading to the front porch that had sunk over the years. We also had a driveway that was functional but had some fractures. We asked Brad Bishop at Affordable Concrete to give us an estimate for replacing all or portions of the driveway and sidewalks. Brad came to give an estimate within 24 hours of my call. He described the work in detail orally and then gave me a detailed, itemized estimate. He broke the job and estimates down in sections in case I wanted to do only some of the work. He made recommendations as to items that should be done and those that could wait. Though I received two quotes that were virtually the same, I took his bid over the other because he had received good reviews on Angie's List and he was very professional. All work was done to specifications and as scheduled. Landscaping surrounding walk and driveway was left untouched. Brad provided services beyond expectations, for example, when a tree limb blew down the day before the driveway was to be done, he brought his chainsaw, cut the limb and hauled away the debris. I would definitely recommend him to my friends (and have)
- Affordable Concrete IncTheir price was very reasonable even on the low end. The service was actually excellent. The driveway looks great. They cleaned up perfect. The only reason we knew it was done was because we had a good looking driveway again. They put the side back where they cut it. They put the rocks back where the bushes were. The clean-up was almost like a landscaping service. They did a perfect job. The guy explained everything. He did not push. We had certain sections that were broken. He gave us a price just to fix those and he gave us a price to fix the whole thing, and he gave us the choice. He came out within 5 minutes of when he said he was going to be here. They were just great. The color is a little bit different because it is 18 years different. I thought they did a great job. They did a section for the sidewalk too. The way the bushes are, you really don't notice it that much. They did as good a job considering the difference in the years. He said that in a couple of years it might blend a little bit more. It actually looks very nice. We were expecting the price to be a lot higher. A lot of the other people we contacted didn't even call us back. This guy was really nice. We would absolutely use them again in the future
- Affordable Concrete IncGreat! The steps look great! Justin was so professional. He was timely in returning calls and delivered what he promised. I would highly recommend him.
Concrete Repair Contractors in Rochester
- Business Description:Vogelpohl construction offers all types of work that can turn your home into your dream home, we are licensed and insured, have been in the construction business for almost 20 years take a look at the gallery and get some ideasRecent Review:No one ever returned my multiple requests for estimates. I would not hire this contractor.Julee T.
- Business Description:When it comes to water in your basement or a faulty foundation, you need an expert to ensure the damage is reversed and prevented from occurring in the future. American Waterworks has several decades of experience in the basement waterproofing and foundation repair industries, and we know the best tools and techniques to see your home through its troubles. Our professional installers are experienced in solving the wide variety of problems that allow water into basements and other areas below ..Recent Review:He tired selling me a 15k drainage unit with spending less then 5 minutes in my basement. The tech named Ryan tried telling me I had above 20% moisture in my dry wall up to 2 ft and higher in my basement, tired telling me I had mold and I needed to install a 15k drainage unit right away. I had a friend come out and he used 3 different moisture meters, checking the same spot where Ryan claimed "my walls were full of water". My friends 3 moisture meters said less then 10% in a small area where water has been getting in and the rest of the basement less then 1% where Ryan claimed i had over 20%. I called and asked for an explanation and all they could tell me is that there meter was not broken and that they would still be happy to do the jobDakota F.
- Business Description:Celebrating 30 years of service, our family has specialized in structural foundation repair and basement waterproofing. We have built a long-standing tradition of excellent work and a commitment to total customer satisfaction. Contact us today and let's put your problems behind you once and for all. Basement Waterproofing: We custom design the SafeBasements Waterproofing System to meet your specific needs. Once the system is installed, it takes care of itself, backed by our Lifetime Guarantee..Recent Review:I researched basement waterproofing solutions and was considering doing it myself. Then I found Safe Basements and read the literature about their product/process. To me, it seemed better than other similar products. I was surprised that they cover my place -- 2 hours into Wisconsin, or 3 hours from Litchfield. Brad came out to inspect the problems in my basement -- horizontal cracking, bowing, and water intrusion. He was able to explain the causes of those problems as well as others that I hadn't noticed. We agreed to pay for anchors to stabilize one wall that was bowing, and install drain tile and a sump pump. I'll be honest, I didn't shop around. I have no idea what other companies are charging for the same services. I normally get 3 or 4 bids or other opinions. I felt comfortable with the amount of research that I'd done, the knowledge Brad seemed to have, and the information about the products that I decided to hire Safe Basements without talking to other companies. I don't regret that decision. The wall anchor/stabilization crew called me before leaving Litchfield. Their ETA was pretty close to the actual time of arrival. When they arrived, we discussed the work being done. They did the work. They cleaned up. They gave me information about the anchor system and what I needed to do to correct the bowing and cracks. Everything was done as expected. The drain tile/sump crew was stuck at a previous job. They called me the day before (Tuesday) my job was expected to start to let me know there would be a delay starting my job. He then called in the middle of the start day (Wednesday) to let me know, they wouldn't be to my house until the next day. I was expecting a call between 7 and 8 on Thursday to let me know they were leaving Litchfield. Instead, I got a call at about 7:15 to let me know they were 15 minutes from my house. When they arrived, we talked about the work to be done, they cocooned my stuff in plastic, and they went to work. I think they worked until about 7 that day. They returned on Friday at about 8:30, having stopped to dump my concrete and dirt and to pick up gravel and concrete. They worked until about 10:30pm on Friday. I appreciated that they finished on Friday even though it was later than I expected. They cleaned up everything thoroughly, and walked me through the details of the sump pump and battery backup systems. Even though they'd driven a long distance, worked two very long days, and it was very late Friday, I didn't feel they rushed through. The job was complete. I think they would have stayed later if I'd had anymore questions. Unfortunately, one of the workers left his very nice tape measure, and I have not been able to get it back to himRobert K.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:****
- Business Description:We are a professional company that will not let you down on any of your landscaping needs. At Nicks Tree and Landscape We have only the best well trained staff to get the job done the correct way. One call can do it all. check out our website at www.Nickstree.com for more infoRecent Review:Nick came and gave me an estimate on a Tuesday and took the trees down the next day. This was part 1 of 2. He will be installing a fence, removing a concrete patio area and fixing the really ugly flower beds. He has been very helpful through this whole process. Because of his prompt service I have hired him to do some tree work at my rental property.Jessica S.
- Business Description:I am a small business that specializes in home renovations across southern Minnesota and northern Iowa. (Bathrooms, Kitchens, Decks, Basement finishing, Patios, Fences, Siding, Windows/Doors.) . I work closely with you, the home owner, so you know n understand what's all goin on n what is being done, what can't be done and with an explanation why. We believe in over building rather than cutting corners. Past jobs can be seen on facebook or by Googleing Holmseth Construction. I look forward to..
- Business Description:Universal Concrete is your #1 choice for concrete and specialty concrete work. We are prompt, professional and skilled in our craft. We do almost everything. New and replacement concrete Masonry footings Basements Foundations Garages Driveways Sidewalks Patios Stamping Specialize projects We are licensed, insured and provide free estimates. Call us first, call us today. We are your solution to your concrete needs
- Recent Review:We are very happy with the results of the project. They dug up the existing clay under the driveway and replaced it with gravel and rebar. The took the time to lay out the forms for the new driveway so that is has curved edges and looks really nice. They have a lot of equipment and a large crew so they were able to get the entire project done in 4 days. Chad was very responsive to calls I made about the project and always returned my calls the same day if he wasn't in the office when I calledJoseph K.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- Zumbro Falls
- Pine Island
- Dodge Center
- West Concord
- Saint Charles
- Grand Meadow
- Spring Valley
concrete contractors in Rochester
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Holmseth Construction60 Cedar St
- Holmseth Construction
- JIM CUMMINGS CONCRETE53375 270th ST
- JIM CUMMINGS CONCRETE
- lit up welding
- lit up welding
- ROCHESTER ASPHALT INC2904 County Road 15 SW
- ROCHESTER ASPHALT INC
- SafeBasements of Minnesota Inc60335 US Highway 12
- SafeBasements of Minnesota Inc
- tpr services unlimited llc1750 2nd St NW
- tpr services unlimited llc
- Vogelpohl Construction5609 Oliver Ave SW
- Vogelpohl Construction
- WALCHAK POURED FOUNDATIONS1368 RIDGEWOOD DR
- WALCHAK POURED FOUNDATIONS