Whether you’re looking to replace your chain link fence or just want it gone, find out how to remove a chain link fence here.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Rochester, MN
There are 2 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Installation Contractor Reviews in Rochester
- Marcus Quam Construction LLCMarcus is meticulous. Getting small details right shows that he takes pride in his work. Marcus added a butler's pantry to our kitchen where an unused desk used to be. He also pulled out overhead cabinets that cut the kitchen in half visually (and were real head-bangers). When he pulled out back splash on the walls because of reconfiguring items, the was very careful to create sharp, clean edges and made sure the walls and soffit were all in pristine condition and ready for new paint. He worked with me on making the new pantry match the existing pantry - which meant that he had to construct an entry door from scratch. He did all the framing for the new pantry and all the drywall work and got it ready for us to paint. He did a fantastic job of joining the new pantry walls to the existing textured ceiling - in such a way that we didn't even have to touch-up the ceiling. He coordinated with the electrical contractor (Matson Electric) and timing of multiple phases of wiring and finishing work so both could be efficient. His trim work is impeccable - the joints are tight and he worked with existing imperfections in existing walls to make sure his work matched up perfectly. He always arrived when he said he would and at the end of each day you couldn't even tell he had been there because of he clean-up. When the project was completed it actually came in a couple hundred dollars UNDER budget. I have recommended Marcus Quam to neighbors. They've hired him for various projects, too and report similar satisfaction with his work
- Rolling Green Fencing Inc.They are reliable and reasonably priced. They did a good job putting up the fence and I have no complaints.
- ABC Fence CompanyRyan offered the best estimate on my fencing job. He was typically very responsive, and once the day came to install the fence was on time and efficient. No surprises. Would definitely use ABC Fence again for a future fencing job.
- Liberty Fence CompanyThe fence was installed quickly and works well. He was mindful of installing in such away that the dog couldn't get around the fence. He communicated well, and adjusted the bid when the shape of our yard necessitated a change in plan.
- K Fence IncEverything went very well. They did a good job and had a reasonable price. They were very easy work with.
- Rochester Athletic ClubI have been with them for about ten years. They have a lot of variety's. They have basketball and indoor soccer. They have a lot of organized sports. They change there courses and dance classes often. They change out the equipment often to keep it updated.
- Eckert ConstructionThey are friendly and knowledgeable. We kind of knew them already, so that is why we used them. He showed up when he said he would and he was professional.
- The Fence ProsTim, the owner, was able to meet me the day after I requested a quote to measure my yard and find the property markers. His crew arrived at the appointed time two weeks later and installed the fence in about 4 hours. They cleaned up all of the scraps and other debris. The gates were custom, and when they arrived. Tim was unhappy with the fit, so he had them re-made over a holiday weekend - showed that he wanted the job done well. No issues or concerns; very easy to work with
- Liberty Fence CompanyHe was only 1 of 2 businesses that returned my phone call looking for an estimate. He scheduled an appointment promptly and delivered my estimate on time as well. We contracted service with him and he delivered and installed our fence on the days he had promised. He was very thorough. He pays attention to detail, cleans up after himself. I would DEFINITELY recommend him
- ABC Fence CompanyA few months ago my fence was partially blown down in a big storm. I tried calling so many different companies, and nobody would come look at the fence. I contacted ABC through their website after reading a couple reviews on here, and he not only called me back but actually followed through. The fence looks great; the gate is easy to use for the first time. Highly recommend
Last update on March 13, 2017
Fence Contractors in Rochester, MN
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fence installation articles
What are you looking for in a fence—durability, a long life span, customization? Consider these differences between wood vs. vinyl fences.
You don’t need a pro to install estate-style fencing around your property. Use this guide to learn how to install a wrought iron fence on your own to save money.
Find fence companies in
- Zumbro Falls,
- Pine Island,
- Dodge Center,
- West Concord,
- Saint Charles,
- Grand Meadow,
- Spring Valley,
Fence Companies in Rochester, MN
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- ABC Fence CompanyP.O. Box 6762
Rochester, Minnesota 55903
- American Fencing5867 15th St NW
Rochester, Minnesota 55901
- Heartwood Homes of Rochester inc.3552 West River Parkway
Rochester, Minnesota 55901
- K Fence Inc62411 386th Ave Zumbro Falls
Rochester, Minnesota 55991
- KC Star5309 80th Ave, SW
Rochester, Minnesota 55902
- KRUSE LUMBER111 7TH ST NE
Rochester, Minnesota 55906
- ABC Fence Company
- Everson Excavating3105co rd 102 NE
Eyota, Minnesota 55934
- Everson Excavating
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
Slocomb, Alabama 36375
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55426
- J. Benson Construction
- Nick's Tree & Landscape12390 Sherburne Ave
Becker, Minnesota 55308
- Nick's Tree & Landscape
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling6885 County Rd 6 SW
Stewartville, Minnesota 55976
- Radcliffe Homes & Remodeling
- Unimark Property Development LLCPO Box 188
Pine Island, Minnesota 55963
- Unimark Property Development LLC
Fencing contractors that service Rochester
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.