Determining drywall prices for your project can vary depending on where you live, what type of drywall you need, and the size and shape of your room. This guide will help you calculate how much drywall will cost for your project.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Preston, MN
There are 5 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Preston
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionJim Siebenaler Construction is absolutely the best! This is the second large project Jim has done for us. He previously replaced our front porch. This time, we gutted the main floor bathroom. Jim is reliable, professional, a perfectionist about his work, a good listener, and does everything in his power to please the customer. Jim and his crew installed new walls, tub, toilet, vanity, fixtures, plumbing, electrical, lighting, tile floor, subway tile shower stall, subway tile up to chair rail height, and a custom shower door. Everyone who worked on the bathroom was top-notch. The entire process took less than two weeks! The space is small, but Jim created a beautiful built-in shelf that is made of subway tile and glass shelves. There is a white subway tiled shower stall (tub to ceiling) with two lines of black pencil tile accent that is one of my favorite touches in the room along with the built-in shelves. Jim and his crew turned a worn-out bathroom that had a stained tub surround, no fixed shower, and peeling wallpaper into a spa-like room that has an Art Deco feel. The new bathroom matches our 1920's house perfectly. We highly recommend Jim Siebenaler Construction read less
- Jim Siebenaler ConstructionJim and Josh were great. They were attentive to my changing ideas and elicited my input at every step, making it a joint project. Quality workmanship. They are professional, caring and fun to work with!
- Painting with Color IncTom does truly amazing work. We had our walls and ceilings painted back in May, 2016. My living room walls, which had very visible seams showing, were patched up and painted to look flawless. Tom?s drywall work is unmatched. He fixed even the smallest imperfection. In addition, Tom was very personable and he left my house cleaner than when he started. I look forward to using Tom in the future read less
- Frank's PaintingCan't say enough good things about Frank's work! I am a property investment consultant from out of town and had agreed to take on a project in Rochester which needed to have mold remediation, electrical, plumbing, floor refinishing and painting completed within two weeks from closing to move in. Finding a paint contractor to take the job on was a huge challenge - after reaching out to multiple companies, I was able to get in contact with Frank. The job had to be timed on a very precise schedule, which he was able and willing to accommodate. The house is a 2800 SF home that needed full interior painting, plus ceiling paint in some rooms. Most were not comfortable with the timeline, or having to paint their way around electricians who would be working at the same time. I had another painter tell me that even with a crew, it could not be done. Frank and his guys managed to make it happen, not only on time, but a day earlier than expected. The price was right as well - I had one other painter who was willing to come out and give me a quote, and he could not beat the price to include the specialty SW Harmony paint we wanted, or the timeline it needed to be done in, which required a crew. Frank was patient with me while I took up until the last day to select the paint colors, which had to be the perfect shades of white for my client, and he worked with me to decide how to paint a room with strange ceiling angles that I was quite confused on. He was 100% correct - it looks amazing. Also hIs crew has a great attitude and were happy to work with me and other contractors constantly getting in their way! With all of the rushing and working around electricians and painting ceilings, Frank and his crew managed to not leave any paint spots on the white wood floors, which had been refinished just the week before. He also agreed to last minute take on a plaster repair when an electrician had to unexpectedly cut into a wall to move an outlet. Plaster repair is not easy to hide, and I was expecting to be able to see some outline of where the outlet once was. He managed to repair it perfectly - you would never know it was there - That is when I knew I would be hiring him again! Before he was done with the paint work, I decided to hire him to pressure wash and stain the wood fence that had never been properly sealed. He picked a color that would match the antique front door, and again, it looks perfect. I have already signed up with Frank to do the work on the upcoming basement project for the home and some window treatments. Looking forward to working with him again soon read less
- DS Harrison DrywallScott did a great job and the ceilings turned out awesome! He cleaned up very well after himself. You wouldn't have even known that a drywall or mudding project had just taken place. I will definitely use Scott for future projects.
- DS Harrison DrywallScott was punctual, reasonably-priced, and stood by his work. It's hard to find someone with a strong work ethic these days.
- Dan Severson BuildersDan was great to work with from start to finish. We started the project in April with the goal of having it completed in October. Dan was great at keeping in touch as we co-ordinated with a few other contractors (electrical, plumbing and HVAC) and helped up keep the project on task. One thing I would really like to commend Dan on was his ability to ask questions. Sometimes contractors just take a design and make assumptions, but Dan took the extra time, effort and interest to make sure that we were getting what we wanted. Dan and his employees were very professional, timely and punctual and left nothing to chance. I highly recommend contacting Dan for your construction projects. I know we're going to contact him again for our next project read less
- Quality PaintingFast. And they didn't charge extra for a last minute change. Everyone commented on how great the room loooked and was amazed we got it done in a day.
- No Name PainterI can't say enough great things about No Name Painter. Tim and his crew not only do quality work, but they are responsive and take care inside the home. I hired No Name Painter to completely paint the entire interior of my home. No Name Painter worked with us on recommendations for the best product to cover up the old, very bright paint and provided the exact finish we had envisioned. Not only that, but you couldn't even tell they were in our home other than the beautiful paint job! No messes, just a beautiful home! The attention to detail was really appreciated, especially after all of the stress that goes along with buying a new home. We have gotten several compliments on the work, too. Their follow up is amazing and even answered a follow up question I had about how to care for the walls. Fantastic job. I will be using them again and recommending them read less
- 99 north constructionWe have had some bad weather and all kinds of craziness on the weekends so they kind of had to postpone things. Then they had a home improvement show they had to go set up for. Then there was another weekend I couldn't do it because I couldn't be home so it's three weekends that we missed.
Drywall Contractors in Preston
- Business Description:Specializing in HANDYMAN SERVICES! We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Handyman Services new and old from demolition to finish work read lessRecent Review:It went really well. He showed up on time. He did the job and we were very pleased with the service.Annie I.
- Business Description:Bath fitter is north America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub to shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality. Additionally, we make it a priority to stay on top of the latest consumer trends in bathroom design and bathroom renovations to consistently meet the .. read lessRecent Review:Bath Fitter of Roseville did an excellent job of planning and installing the conversion of our bathtub/shower to a stand-alone shower. They provided us with quality materials, a variety of brands/accessories, and the workmanship required to putting it all into place. Their lifetime guarantee, along with on-going support and information on routine maintenance is reassuring. We love the look and comfort of the new shower. Excellent read lessDonna W.
- Business Description:Are you looking for a good painting contractor in the Rochester, MN area? Too many contractors to choose from? Frank's Painting has been serving S.E. Minnesota for over 15 years. We have always worked towards complete customer satisfaction. We are painters that take pride in our work. We are fully insured and very reliable - with many satisfied customers. If you are in need of a painter - give us a try read lessRecent Review:Frank was absolutely wonderful. Down to earth, easy to speak with. Great price and recommendations. Fantastic finished job. Quality is excellent and very professional. Would hire again in a heartbeat.Rafid M.
- Business Description:Tim Reed, owner and sole proprietor of No-Name Painter, has over 20 years of industry experience with painting and custom color mixing. He spent four years honing his painting application skills working for Ryan Enterprises, a real estate investment company in Mankato, MN. After setting the ground work, he focused on learning other aspects of the industry including ink and paint custom color mixing and electronic matching at C & C Special products, Bloomington, MN. He also learned other techn.. read lessRecent Review:I love my new kitchen! The cabinets look brand new for a fraction of the price of replacement. Tim and Becky were great and even helped with excellent color advice. I highly recommend them.Barbara P.
- Business Description:Small company that prides itself in personal contractor/homeowner relationship. Quality and timely workmanship. Reasonable prices because of less overhead than most bigger construction companiesRecent Review:He did a beautiful job, I paid for the materials, and he did a good job with the repairs. Major repairs was done on the boards that was done in 2011, and some was not installed properly, he came back to fix the boards up he was able to re-fixed the boards properly. He was able to provide additional works for me, thoughtful and considered my needs. One concern I had with the work was that things were not plumb and squared read lessSue W.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63.. read lessRecent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Recent Review:Kyle Schultz assured us that he could finish the ceiling in a hallway and stairwell to a smooth finish to match the rest of our ceilings. The work order also included retaping and mudding areas in the ceiling where old tape had pulled away, leaving long "cracks." Our house is 27 years old. He began work September 17, 2018. When he finished, the ceilings were not smooth/of the quality in the rest of our home. We pointed out some areas that were especially rough, which he then worked on again, but couldn't seem to get a decently smooth finish. We decided to just pay him and move on. Then in November, the areas he had repaired with tape began to bubble. He came back to fix this in January 2019. He worked quickly to repair the tape, leaving the ceilings uneven and rough, even moreso than the first time. We sent him pictures to express our dissatisfaction, and he didn't reply. In addition to the poor quality of his finished work, he was disrespectful of our home; although when he first made the bid, he assured us he would cover the area and not leave messes. He put down plastic on the carpet the first time in September, but after sanding the ceilings, which left powder all over the plastic and walls and doors, he then walked through it and out of our house, leaving a trail inside and out. As our bedrooms were off the hallway, we had to vacuum up the mess before we could use the hallway. In January when he came, the messes became worse. He put down plastic on half the carpet in the hall only, allowing wet drywall mud to fall into our carpet, which then was stepped on and trailed through the carpet. We also found chunks of actual mud (dirt) on the stairs, apparently from the treads of his boots. We texted him before he came back to finish, telling him that he was trailing dried mud into the house. When he came back, he stomped up the stairs with his boots on and was not the friendly guy who had come to do the original bid. This was an extremely disappointing and frustrating experience. After his first time here, we primed and painted, and now will have to hire someone else to do this job as we anticipated. This has become a spendy and time-consuming project. Kyle Schultz may be able to handle some simpler dry-wall projects, but he does not have the experience to take on ceilings. He handled this unprofessionally read lessKristi E.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br.. read lessRecent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern Minnesota read lessCesar M.
- Recent Review:It was a horrible experience, Justin gave a bid and sent a bill for $4k more than the bid, said the job would take 3 days and it still wasn't finished 5 1/2 months later, he took me to court to get paid for the job that still wasn't complete and pieces of steel were blowing off the roof. I won the court case to only pay him the original amount that he quoted, he has not come to repair his poor quality/craftsmanship. I'm stuck with a roof that is missing pieces and now have to hire another company to come in to fix his shotty work. I would advise anyone that is looking for any construction done to their property to run the other direction and save yourself the lost days of work and time sitting in court because he can't do his job the right way read lessTravis B.
- Business Description:KC Star is a small family oriented company owned and operated by Ken Carman. I am hands on and involved in every project. I have a very broad spectrum of experience with over 18 years in comercial and residential construction, Large and small project management and coordination, repair and maintenance there is very little that I have not handled. I take pride that my company only exists on referrals. I offer creative project planning and the utilize most current technology for efficent funct.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Find drywall contractors in
- Spring Valley
- Rushford Village
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
drywall contractors in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 3 Rivers Painting and Restoration Company52095 215th Ave
- 3 Rivers Painting and Restoration Company
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling1659 Valley View Dr.
- Ed's Repairs & Remodeling
- Frank's Painting4428 Savannah Dr NW
- Frank's Painting
- Greenwood Construction903 7th Ave SW
- Greenwood Construction
- J & M Salinas Remodeling LLC3756 Willow Ridge Dr SW
- J. Benson Construction3230 Gorham Ave
- Jeff Heil Drywall6277 SE 28th St
- Jim Siebenaler Construction212 N Mill View Way
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- Justin Thompson Construction LLC517 Towne Dr NE
- J & M Salinas Remodeling LLC