Finding the correct subbase is important for any concrete project, and many people choose to use sand. While sand may seem like a good subbase, there are a lot of factors that you should consider before going with this option.
Get matched with top concrete contractors in Preston, MN
There are 3 highly-rated local concrete contractors.
Recent Concrete Repair Reviews in Preston
- American WaterworksWork was performed to spec and work area was cleaned up and landscape was returned to previous state before work was performed. Lawn was protected by plywood sheets while the excavator traveled across the yard.
- Lowell Russell ConcreteWe are remodelling our entire basement and adding hydro-radiant heat. We decided to have a decorative concrete floor in lieu of tile. Lowell first gave us a description of all the possible options for decorative concrete and how they differ in cost and appearance. He had a very large photo album of previous work he showed us on his touchpad. He then gave us several days to consider what we wanted. We decided on grey colored concrete with grid cuts for a result that would look like a tiled floor. His crew arrived, laid a wire fiber mesh for reinforcing on top of the radiant heat tubes and poured 3 inches of 45,000 PSI colored concrete. After hardening they applied 2 coats of sealant. A week later his team returned and snaped a grid with chalk on the floor. After consulting with us and making some changes they made cuts and filled them with grout. A few days later they returned and add a few more cuts that we wanted, cleaned and double checked the grout before applying a final coat of sealant. We only had one issue. We had told our plumber many times that we would not be using an insert for our shower and planned to use the concrete as the floor for the shower. However, the plumber built a box around the drain, so Lowell's crew assumed we had changed our minds and were going to use an insert without double checking with us. Since we are not using a general contractor, the only real person to blame was ourselves. Never-the-less, Lowell gave us a discount on the cuts to ensure goodwill. I found Lowell to be very professional and passionate about his business. I would definitely recommend his company for any concrete work
- Affordable Concrete IncBrad and his crew did an excellent job replacing our 3-stall wide concrete driveway. Work was done with great attention to detail and to exacting specifications. We really like our driveway now...waited several years and saved up enough to cover it this year, since we knew replacing it was not going to be cheap, no matter the provider we went with. Much easier to clear the snow with driveway panels that are level with each other... Only negatives would be cost (but I was willing to pay extra than other providers to make sure the job was done right), not being able to pay with a credit card, and not being able to use e-mail as primary form of communication
- DOYLE CONNER COWe are very happy with the results of the project. They dug up the existing clay under the driveway and replaced it with gravel and rebar. The took the time to lay out the forms for the new driveway so that is has curved edges and looks really nice. They have a lot of equipment and a large crew so they were able to get the entire project done in 4 days. Chad was very responsive to calls I made about the project and always returned my calls the same day if he wasn't in the office when I called
- Bill McCann Concrete, LLPHe is definitely the best you can get. I am hiring him again. He is busy, but well worth it. Tops in my book!
- B & K CONCRETE OF ROCHESTER INC.Very responsive to my calls and did great work and gave us the best bid. We are enjoying a smooth driveway that now angles away from the driveway instead of toward the house.
- CLARK CONCRETE INCWe had Clark Concrete come out to do some repairs on our driveway. They were punctual and professional. Highly recommended
- MUDD BROTHERS CONCRETEOutcome was excellent. Smooth nicely done; easier to drive on than old one. Advise re: what to do about another section that had a tree almost in the concrete was correct. Staff members were courteous & friendly throughout the project. I wanted this done on short notice prior to the snow/ice arriving; they worked on the weekend to complete the project. General contractor recommended them; pleased with both Mudd Brothers & g/contractor. If I have need for concrete work again, I would definitely hire them again
- Greenwood ConstructionNick Greenwood put in a new tile floor, granite tile countertop and glass tile back splash in my Kitchen. I wanted the work done within a very short time frame and I had a very specific idea in mind. Nick completed all the work I requested on time and the craftsmanship was excellent! Nick’s attention to detail and knowledge of design exceeded my expectations; he is highly skilled and produces quality work that is beautiful. Additionally, Nick is extremely professional and his high standards show in his work product. I am grateful that Nick did the work in my kitchen; he did a fantastic, professional job and he was a pleasure to have in my home. I will definitely call Nick if I have any other work that I need done
- Affordable Concrete IncThe team came early in the morning and immediately had the concrete broken up and removed for us quickly. The cement was poured that afternoon. The crew was extremely Friendly and Courteous. The sidewalk was a tight space between a flower garden and the garage. None of the flowers were damaged they took care to keep everything neat and clean. They even pulled some grass up and replaced it to make sure nothing was damaged. This is a wonderful company. I would not hesitate to use them again. I also would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone
Concrete Repair Contractors in Preston
- Business Description:Celebrating 30 years of service, our family has specialized in structural foundation repair and basement waterproofing. We have built a long-standing tradition of excellent work and a commitment to total customer satisfaction. Contact us today and let's put your problems behind you once and for all. Basement Waterproofing: We custom design the SafeBasements Waterproofing System to meet your specific needs. Once the system is installed, it takes care of itself, backed by our Lifetime Guarantee..Recent Review:I researched basement waterproofing solutions and was considering doing it myself. Then I found Safe Basements and read the literature about their product/process. To me, it seemed better than other similar products. I was surprised that they cover my place -- 2 hours into Wisconsin, or 3 hours from Litchfield. Brad came out to inspect the problems in my basement -- horizontal cracking, bowing, and water intrusion. He was able to explain the causes of those problems as well as others that I hadn't noticed. We agreed to pay for anchors to stabilize one wall that was bowing, and install drain tile and a sump pump. I'll be honest, I didn't shop around. I have no idea what other companies are charging for the same services. I normally get 3 or 4 bids or other opinions. I felt comfortable with the amount of research that I'd done, the knowledge Brad seemed to have, and the information about the products that I decided to hire Safe Basements without talking to other companies. I don't regret that decision. The wall anchor/stabilization crew called me before leaving Litchfield. Their ETA was pretty close to the actual time of arrival. When they arrived, we discussed the work being done. They did the work. They cleaned up. They gave me information about the anchor system and what I needed to do to correct the bowing and cracks. Everything was done as expected. The drain tile/sump crew was stuck at a previous job. They called me the day before (Tuesday) my job was expected to start to let me know there would be a delay starting my job. He then called in the middle of the start day (Wednesday) to let me know, they wouldn't be to my house until the next day. I was expecting a call between 7 and 8 on Thursday to let me know they were leaving Litchfield. Instead, I got a call at about 7:15 to let me know they were 15 minutes from my house. When they arrived, we talked about the work to be done, they cocooned my stuff in plastic, and they went to work. I think they worked until about 7 that day. They returned on Friday at about 8:30, having stopped to dump my concrete and dirt and to pick up gravel and concrete. They worked until about 10:30pm on Friday. I appreciated that they finished on Friday even though it was later than I expected. They cleaned up everything thoroughly, and walked me through the details of the sump pump and battery backup systems. Even though they'd driven a long distance, worked two very long days, and it was very late Friday, I didn't feel they rushed through. The job was complete. I think they would have stayed later if I'd had anymore questions. Unfortunately, one of the workers left his very nice tape measure, and I have not been able to get it back to himRobert K.
- Business Description:When it comes to water in your basement or a faulty foundation, you need an expert to ensure the damage is reversed and prevented from occurring in the future. American Waterworks has several decades of experience in the basement waterproofing and foundation repair industries, and we know the best tools and techniques to see your home through its troubles. Our professional installers are experienced in solving the wide variety of problems that allow water into basements and other areas below ..Recent Review:He tired selling me a 15k drainage unit with spending less then 5 minutes in my basement. The tech named Ryan tried telling me I had above 20% moisture in my dry wall up to 2 ft and higher in my basement, tired telling me I had mold and I needed to install a 15k drainage unit right away. I had a friend come out and he used 3 different moisture meters, checking the same spot where Ryan claimed "my walls were full of water". My friends 3 moisture meters said less then 10% in a small area where water has been getting in and the rest of the basement less then 1% where Ryan claimed i had over 20%. I called and asked for an explanation and all they could tell me is that there meter was not broken and that they would still be happy to do the jobDakota F.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Keith 's Roofing and Remodeling is a locally owned owner operated company specializing in residential and commercial roofing. Our owner has over 26 years experience in the roofing industry and is thoroughly familiar with the various types of roofs common to this area. The company is licensed and fully insured. Our crews are competent and professional and they make every effort to make your experience with us a pleasant one. We try to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours. If you sustain st..
- Business Description:TPR Services Unlimited is a family run business that has over 25 years in the trades in Rochester and the surrounding area. We belive in treating each customer like a member of the family not like a number
- Business Description:Concrete Flatwork, Stamped, Colored & Exposed Aggregate Curb & Gutter
- Business Description:KC Star is a small family oriented company owned and operated by Ken Carman. I am hands on and involved in every project. I have a very broad spectrum of experience with over 18 years in comercial and residential construction, Large and small project management and coordination, repair and maintenance there is very little that I have not handled. I take pride that my company only exists on referrals. I offer creative project planning and the utilize most current technology for efficent funct..Recent Review:He was very friendly and knowledgeable. We even went to Lowes to discuss further bathroom options for the remodel for my client. We were supposed to receive an email after Thanksgiving with an estimate for the remodel. I didn't get an estimate so I texted and asked when we should expect it. No response. I texted again a few days later saying we needed the estimate by Monday as we were going to gather other estimates as well. Again, no response. Not even a text saying he was too busy to take on the job or anything. I really liked Ken but the lack of response was really troubling to my client and myself as well. I'm sure he does great work if you can get a hold of him. <br /Angela N.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful concrete repair contractor articles
If you have cracks in your concrete driveway, find out how to avoid scams and get the best contractor for your project. Learn the basics of driveway repair and the best practices in getting quotes so that your repairs can move forward seamlessly.
Installing paver tiles over existing concrete is a great way to upgrade the look and feel of surfaces on the outside of your home. However, you should consider a few things before taking this route, and this guide describes all of the ins and outs.
Find concrete contractors in
- Spring Valley
- Rushford Village
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
concrete contractors in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Complete Basement Systems54004 Loren Dr
- Complete Basement Systems
- DC Cement425 4th Ave NW
- DC Cement
- JIM CUMMINGS CONCRETE53375 270th ST
- JIM CUMMINGS CONCRETE
- ROCHESTER ASPHALT INC2904 County Road 15 SW
- ROCHESTER ASPHALT INC
- SafeBasements of Minnesota Inc60335 US Highway 12
- SafeBasements of Minnesota Inc
- tpr services unlimited llc1750 2nd St NW
- tpr services unlimited llc