The world of flooring is complex with countless types of floor coverings and installation methods. Whether you’re shopping for or installing floors, you’re bound to come across unfamiliar terms. Reference our handy glossary of common flooring terminology.
Get matched with top flooring installation in Preston, MN
There are 5 highly-rated local flooring installation.
Recent Flooring Reviews in Preston
- Q Squared LLCWork well done, even in tough weather conditions. Shane gives estimates in a professional manner and is pleasant to work with.
- Hiller's Flooring AmericaGreat ,very professional work. Hardwood looks like it was put in when hose was built. Prefinished hardwood is great!
- TILE SHOP OF ROCHESTERThey were wonderful and did and excellent job. The woman I worked with at their showroom, Wanda, was extremely helpful in showing me options and helping me choose the flooring and tile. The quality of both products is excellent. The installation of both the flooring and the backsplash went smoothly, and they cleaned up very well after themselves
- CMS HARDWOOD FLOORINGHe was always on time, very professional and nice to work with, extremely "picky" about his work (a major plus!), and his bid was very competitive. I wish that I had used CMS for a previous hardwood flooring project, and l have no doubt that I will use Scott's services in the future. I recommend CMS without any hesitation
- Luxury Bath RemodleingThe sales lady was prompt with the initial appointment at my home. She explained in great detail the material that I could choose from. She explained how the process would be, as with the time that the complete job would be completed in. The complete office staff were very helpful as you could say I was a pest. What I mean is I could not decide what colors I wanted to go with. When everything was decided they gave me a date on when the job would be started. The crew showed up on the date that was promised ( which was about 4 weeks later, they needed to order material to my bath measurements so I was not disappointed with the job being started 4 weeks later). The crew are very professional. They answered all my questions that I had, even the real stupid ones, in a very professional way. When the date was set up they told me the job would be completed in only 5 days. You would think a complete tear out and install of a bathroom would take longer, but to my surprise they were done on day 5. The crew that they have work for only luxury bath, the only sub-contractor on the job was the plumber, which he does have to be licensed. Luxury bath did all the scheduling with the plumber. We received such excellent service and material, we hired luxury bath a few months later to remodel our second bathroom, which was also dated for the 1970's. That job went just as well as the first one. I was very impressed with the complete process of remodeling our 2 bathrooms. I would and have recommended luxury bath to all my family and friends
- X-Treme Hardwood FloorsThey were very respectful. I had them come two years ago and do an estimate because I thought I was going to do my floor then. Then I called them back a year and a half later and asked them to come for another estimate telling them they had already been here and they said sure, we'll come back. I thought that was really nice. They were on-time and I liked everything about them. They started 7:30 in the morning and worked extremely efficiently and competently. He really knew what he was doing and worked the whole time while he was here
- Hiller's Flooring AmericaThey came in 2-persons team and did a good job. There was a miscommunication between the provider and the team, however, they fixed it in the following week. Highly recommended.
- Hiller's Flooring AmericaIt went wonderfully well! I asked if they could do the job quickly, as we need to sell our house and want to put it on the market as soon as possible. The salesperson helped me to find carpet that I liked that was in stock, and they had it all installed the same week. The crew came over and helped me move all our stuff. They were very nice, came when they said they would come, and did a beautiful job. I am so appreciative of their help during this busy and stressful time. Thank you, Hiller's
- HAMLEN HOME IMPROVEMENTMy first experience with Hamlen Home improvement was when I was getting quotes to build a new cedar deck (over 10 feet off the ground, so not an easy job). Of the 5 estimates I got for the job, I went with Hamlen Home Improvement because he was punctual, had great communication and was approachable during the estimate process, was enthusiastic about what he was going to create (passion for his trade), and his price was very competitive. Since that time I have hired Hamlen to complete a total of 4 major projects. The initial project of the deck was done on time, within budget, had a HIGH level of craftsmanship (it's beautiful!), and most importantly because there was ALWAYS constant communication throughout the project. Hamlen Home Improvement WILL involve you in the project as much as you desire, will check with every decision before a 'cut is made', and will make sure you know of any necessary changes or obstacles (that come up any time you deal with construction/remodeling). He truly wants you to be happy with the end result, and takes a lot of pride in the work he does. I have had Hamlen Home Improvement complete the following projects on my house/property due to my high satisfaction, and I have been nothing but impressed and satisfied with each project: -Cedar Deck -6' Custom Wood Fence (I designed what I wanted, and he built it from scratch!) -Retaining wall -Installation of Drainage Tile -Complete basement finishing: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, living room, hallway and storage area. I will touch on the basement finishing, as this was by far the biggest and most impressive work he did for me. Hamlen Home Improvement handled every aspect of this project, and even though he hired other professionals that were experts of specific areas (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, fireplace and stone mason), he was ALWAYS the one that dealt with them and held them to the same high standard of work that he holds himself to. I did not have to stress or worry about the subcontractors, because Hamlen knew his subs well, and was always keeping the communication lines open with me regarding scheduling, foreseeable issues, and general confirmation of design/construction choices. I was never worried about how something would turn out, because a conversation always took place to make sure we were on the same page. The final basement was extremely high quality, everything from wood floors to custom shelving to the inside of closets....It was ALL high quality and great looking! Every project I have done through Hamlen Home Improvement was done on time, cost came in very close to the estimate (and any changes I was well aware of prior to receiving the final bill), and I was left extremely satisfied. I believe that I have continued to return to Hamlen shows that more than I can say. I have also recommended Hamlen Home Improvement to numerous friends, family and neighbors, and I have heard the same positive response from them. One final testament to the quality of work: We put our house on the market (the one where all of the Hamlen Home Improvement work was done), and sold the house in under 3 months. In our price range there was over 80 homes for sale for a similar price, and of course the housing market is still down. The fact that we sold our house so quickly, and for FULL listing price, is definitely due to the work Hamlen Home Improvement put into it. We look forward to using them in the future on our new house
- Greenwood ConstructionNick Greenwood put in a new tile floor, granite tile countertop and glass tile back splash in my Kitchen. I wanted the work done within a very short time frame and I had a very specific idea in mind. Nick completed all the work I requested on time and the craftsmanship was excellent! Nick’s attention to detail and knowledge of design exceeded my expectations; he is highly skilled and produces quality work that is beautiful. Additionally, Nick is extremely professional and his high standards show in his work product. I am grateful that Nick did the work in my kitchen; he did a fantastic, professional job and he was a pleasure to have in my home. I will definitely call Nick if I have any other work that I need done
Flooring Contractors in Preston
- Business Description:Right Choice Construction is a orginaztion developed by a handful of people, Right Choice offers a premium products at affordable prices, Right Choice has over 20 years combined experience were fully licensed and insuredRecent Review:Alex and Athen were very professional and when the price came in a little higher than we anticipated they worked with us keeping our project needs in mind and were able to get exactly what we wanted. They left no questions unanswered regarding product details or project and I would recommend them very highlCristina M.
- Business Description:EnviroBate remediates environmental conditions in your home to help you breathe easier. Contact Marcus Rymer and he will walk you through the process we follow to keep your home safe and clean.Recent Review:It was extremely stressful to have asbestos found in my lower level after flood damage. Having your house torn up is no fun. The guys from EnviroBate took away so much of that stress! They were so understanding, so professional, and so considerate of my time. The repeatedly accommodated my need to access various areas of the house in the midst of their work. They worked around multiple issues at my home and were so careful with my animals. One guy (Darin) even fixed my garage door and carried down a very heavy container of food for my animals. He also asked if their equipment would scare the animals and had me monitor the animals while he turned on various tools to make sure the animals wouldn't freak out. These guys are great and I'd highly recommend themLori P.
- Business Description:Bath fitter is north America's leading acrylic bathtub, shower enclosure and tub to shower conversion company. Our bathtub refinishing products are custom molded to fit over existing fixtures for quick and clean bathroom renovations that last a lifetime. Best of all, we can complete the installation in just one day without compromising quality. Additionally, we make it a priority to stay on top of the latest consumer trends in bathroom design and bathroom renovations to consistently meet the ..Recent Review:Bath Fitter of Roseville did an excellent job of planning and installing the conversion of our bathtub/shower to a stand-alone shower. They provided us with quality materials, a variety of brands/accessories, and the workmanship required to putting it all into place. Their lifetime guarantee, along with on-going support and information on routine maintenance is reassuring. We love the look and comfort of the new shower. ExcellentDonna W.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63..Recent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Business Description:We have been doing remodeling since 2001. We specialize in providing fair prices for high quality products .Recent Review:I called homestead a couple of weeks ago for a quote. Made an appointment with an estimator named Rick. Based on a previous reviews I should've cancelled it or at least have someone else come out to do it. He cancelled the appointment an hour before he was supposed to come over. We reschedule for the next day, Friday. During the appointment I tell him what I want, that I wanted to do a 3 or 4 season over my existing deck and if it went over our budget that I'd like a roof over it instead. He proceeds to tell me about TEMO and I told him to just give me the quotes on what I requested. He was going to work on the quotes over the weekend and we agreed that he'd email the quotes back to me by Tuesday. Tuesday comes and still no email so I emailed him in the evening asking if they were done. He rudely replies saying he didn't say Tuesday but instead Wednesday. Wednesday comes and still nothing. I email back on Thursday and he says would like to come over on the weekend for me to look over the quote even though I asked him to email it. We scheduled the appointment for Saturday and he comes with a quote for only a TEMO system. He didn't give me any quotes for anything that I asked for. When I asked him if he at least had a quote for a roof he stated that I never asked him for such a thing. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He tells me he'll give me the quote for a Pergola first thing Sunday morning and here we are, no email for a quote. To top it all off he looked so annoyed when he was giving me the quotes and when I was asking him questions. Poor communication doesn't even begin to describe the experience I've had dealing with him. Homestead you just lost out on a customer and have earned a negative review in the process. You have Rick to thank for thatPaul T.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Recent Review:It was a horrible experience, Justin gave a bid and sent a bill for $4k more than the bid, said the job would take 3 days and it still wasn't finished 5 1/2 months later, he took me to court to get paid for the job that still wasn't complete and pieces of steel were blowing off the roof. I won the court case to only pay him the original amount that he quoted, he has not come to repair his poor quality/craftsmanship. I'm stuck with a roof that is missing pieces and now have to hire another company to come in to fix his shotty work. I would advise anyone that is looking for any construction done to their property to run the other direction and save yourself the lost days of work and time sitting in court because he can't do his job the right wayTravis B.
- Business Description:J. Benson Construction is a full service, fully licensed, insured, and bonded general contractor. We serve the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area and greater Minnesota from three offices in Minneapolis, Rochester and Duluth. We are a preferred vendor for Contractor Connection, Code Blue, Travelers, Farmers Insurance, First Choice Repair, Innovation Property, Lionsbridge and West Bend Mutual Insurance, among others. Please see our website for additional service areas. Additional contact name - Br..Recent Review:Horrible The experience was awful with this people. I didn't know this company at all, my insurance company send me a list of 5 general contractors to take care of my house, so I pick J Benson because they were close to my house and I want it to keep the contractor local and close. So I went with them. They send an estimator like one day after the damage of the house, I signed the paperwork and two days later they send a different person because the first guy had previews commitments, so that was the first red flag. The second estimator took a lot more pics of the house and did he's first estimate, he submitted to the adjuster and it passed just fine. But then it took them almost one whole month before any one started to work in my house, not a single nail was removed or anything. Then I found out that numerous contractors were going in and out of my house with out me knowing it. Finally the work started and the job "foreman" got involved, this guy was even worst, he only called and picked up the phone when he need it something for me other ways good luck trying to get a hold of him. This guy should be FIRED and never allowed to work on the field again. One day I called him and he's answer was "what do you need, I am kind of busy right now" Awesome. Then I asked for an estimate to build a brand new bathroom in the basement. The estimator give me he's quote and we agreed on the price, so they started the project about one month after the paperwork was signed. About 80% of the work was done when I found out that the estimator "FORGOT" to add the toilet and the tub on the estimate!!!!!! How can any one do that????? So I had to came up with that $$$ And then there was the communication with office personnel. Since day one right after I signed the paperwork I offer to give them money, the estimator said "some one from the office will contact you" NO one ever did, weeks went by with out a single person contacting me about money. Finally some one did and every time we communicated there was a mistake with the numbers, every time there was an "I am sorry I forgot" Unreal this people. A couple of weeks before the project was done and I was super upset with every one involved at this point I requested a supervisor. He reached out to me and we meet at my house. He right away start asking me for money, I pretty much lost my cool there and I went off about all of the issues I was having with he's people. He's answer " I am sorry I wasn't aware of the issues" This shows how unprofessional this company is I can't believe how this people are in business not only in the twin cities but in southern MinnesotaCesar M.
- Business Description:Our unique "Carpet Color Care" services are providing residential and commercial property owners with a cost-effective alternative to costly and usually unnecessary carpet replacement. Savings of 50% to 85% compared to carpet replacements costs. Faded, stained, wrong color, outdated color, wrong color or just plain ugly carpet- we are the original and only complete on-site carpet dyeing and color restoration service company in the USA. Certified Carpet Dyemasters and Colorists perform our ser..Recent Review:Our purple carpet had about 100 urine stains from previous dogs and our own. The specialist, Robert, matched to color and treated every spot. If we didn't know where they were, we'd never know they spots had been there. Perfect jobTommy M.
- Business Description:We are a small company that has been is business for 55 years!
Explore our Solution Center for helpful flooring contractor articles
Retiling is a great way to update the look and feel of your bathroom, and it’s not as expensive as you might think. This guide breaks down the costs to retile a bathroom, what factors go into the overall price, and what you can afford on your budget.
Ceramic tile as a flooring option boasts a long list of advantages over other surfaces. However, there are also some key drawbacks worth considering. We’ve rounded up both the pros and the cons of ceramic tile into a helpful list so you can choose the rig
Find flooring installation in
- Rushford Village
- Saint Charles
- Spring Grove
- Le Roy
- Grand Meadow
flooring installation in Preston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 507 Builders543 Anson Ave
Spring Valley, Minnesota
- 507 Builders
- Floorco of Rochester1455 Industrial Dr NW
- Floorco of Rochester
- Greenwood Construction903 7th Ave SW
- Greenwood Construction
- Habitat ReStore77 Laird St
- HAMLEN HOME IMPROVEMENT3835 LILLIE CT SW
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Hiller's Flooring America2909 S Broadway
- Homestead Remodeling & Consulting LLC6053 Hudson Rd. Ste 340
- Habitat ReStore
- Mayberry roofing construction
- Mayberry roofing construction
- NICKELSON PAINTING1204 Broadway Ave N
- NICKELSON PAINTING
- Pair Of Jacks Flooring & Remodeling LLC306 3rd St. SE
- Pair Of Jacks Flooring & Remodeling LLC
- Walk on Wood - Professional Flooring41001 565th Street
- Walk on Wood - Professional Flooring
- X-Treme Hardwood Floors60317 County Road 6
Zumbro Falls, Minnesota
- X-Treme Hardwood Floors