Sam's Masonry

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2015

We employ 6 great workers, well trained and extremely capable. We facilitate payments, we work with your budget....

A Service Provider's profile image

+101 more images

masonry (35)tile installation (8)concrete driveways (5)stone & gravel (4)Patios (3)stucco (3)mudjacking (2)concrete repair (2)stamped concrete (1)basement remodeling (1)woodworking (1)chimney repair (1)

01/09/2021

Sara C.

Professional, timely, and easy to work with. Our kitchen backsplash turned out great.

Description of Work
Kitchen Backsplash

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

Thanks You [Member Name Removed] for Reviews

10/21/2020

Miriam C.

Sam and Miguel did a beautiful job retiling my bathroom floor with marble stones. Sam and Miguel were always punctual, and I was amazed by the output that was produced within just 1.5 days. I would definitely recommend Sam's Masonry to all my friends.

Description of Work
Repair actual of the tile floor in the bathroom Demolition Actual floor Placing durock, screwing, cement and leveling Filament with (Thin-Set Motar) Replacement 40 sq. Feet, New Tile and leveling on the bathroom floor leaning. Apply new Grout it into the joints Removal and cleaning of debris

Category ceramic tile, masonry

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

Review for Sam's Masonry - 157 Chelsea Street, EVERETT, MA - 38965030

08/05/2020

YUVAL G.

This was two-man job over three days, building a 160 sq ft level patio in sloping terrain. They did an excellent job, overcoming the challenges posed by the terrain, and ending up with a beautiful patio that looks better than I imagined.

Description of Work
Build a paver patio

Category masonry, patios

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

Thanks!

07/27/2020

Andrea F.

Sam was a pleasure to work with. He was friendly, prompt, and courteous. He even remembered that, if at all possible, to squeeze me in so that I would be able to complete a new garage door installation. Very much appreciated!!!

Description of Work
Garage floor

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

Thanks for Review

06/02/2020

Rick G.

Sam and his team were excellent to work with. From the time I called for a quote until the final day they were here he communicated excellent. They are real craftsman’s and take pride in there final product . I was so happy with his team I hired them to do a new chimney as well and it came out flawless . I would highly recommend Sam to anyone as his pricing and craftsmanship is second to none .

Description of Work
1000 sq foot patio and chimney

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, patios

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

Review for Sam's Masonry - 157 Chelsea Street, EVERETT, MA - 38609232

Thanks for Review

03/14/2020

Brian K.

Excellent. The jobs came out looking great. The retaining wall was tied in to a set of abutting concrete steps very nicely. For the walkway, Sam even made an asphalt patch to the city sidewalk where the two met. Sam and his team were on time, worked neatly, cleaned up after the work was done. Sam was really responsive, very friendly, great attitude. I recommend highly.

Description of Work
Two small jobs - repair of a small section of an old field stone retaining wall and replacement of a brick walkway

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

Thank You! Rick, God You and family.

02/21/2020

Deanna T.

Will hire again. Great prices, attention to detail was amazing.

Description of Work
Bathroom shower and floor, downstairs bathroom floor., fireplace

Work Completed On 02/21/2020

Review for Sam's Masonry - 157 Chelsea Street, EVERETT, MA - 38401132

10/05/2019

Marc H.

Sam and his team did an excellent job with the floor, were on time and did a great job communicating expectations. I was impressed at how fast the work was done. Sam himself is a very easy going and nice person, and ensured I was always up-to-date on project status. Looking forward to using him again for other projects.

Description of Work
Level basement concrete floor, then laid ceramic tile

Category ceramic tile, mudjacking

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

09/23/2019

Benjamin D.

Sam and his crew did great work, consulted with me throughout, and left my yard as they found it. I will definitely use them in the future and I highly recommend Sam's Masonry.

Description of Work
Exterior stucco repair and installation

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

09/04/2019

Kathleen B.

Sam's Masonry was awesome. Having been homeowners for decades, we've had plumbers, carpenters, roofers, and electricians do repairs for us. Overall, for performance, pricing, and personality, Sam comes at the top of the list. When we contacted him, Sam responded promptly and his bid was the most competitive. Every job has unexpected challenges. Sam was insightful in solving these and making sure the job was done right. I could not recommend him more highly.

Description of Work
Repair of stucco wall, repair of masonry wall and front walk

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

Thank You [Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed].

06/11/2019

Linda T.

Couldn't have gone better. Stairs look awesome. Sam showed up on time, and work was done professionally and efficiently in two days.

Description of Work
demolition and construction of front stairs using granite.

Work Completed On 06/11/2019

Review for Sam's Masonry - 157 Chelsea Street, EVERETT, MA - 37925096

06/07/2019

Lee S.

Sam's Masonry was great! Sam promptly came to the property to look at the job and quickly turned around a price quote. Sam's prices are VERY competitive and a great value for the quality of work performed. Over the course of two days, Sam was able to remove all the old mortar and caulking, clean the stairs, and replace the mortar with new cement. He was also able to cement some bricks on the sidewalk and help pitch the water away from the building. It worked perfectly! We look forward to working with Sam again!

Description of Work
Remove and replace mortar in granite staircase; cement bricks on sidewalks

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/30/2019

Mitch B.

Excellent quality work at a reasonable price. Sam and his wife were a pleasure to work with. They responded promptly to my inquiries, always returning calls and emails. The work was done when promised and Sam and his crew did an excellent job. Sam is a very nice guy and very professional. I highly recommend Sam’s Masonry.

Description of Work
Repair of stone steps and brick walkway

Work Completed On 05/29/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed] and [Member Name Removed] We pleasure to work with the guys too. Thank you.

12/29/2018

Kathleen D.

San was extremely professional. After an initial discussion , the scope of work was agreed upon and executed well. Very competitive pricing , met us at our budget. Super happy with the result. We are requesting that the return in the spring to reconstruct our walkway

Description of Work
Replacement of 2 levels of exterior stairs plus a landing

Work Completed On 12/26/2018

09/19/2018

Benjamin G.

Sam was very responsive and did excellent work. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Sam tore out an old basement hearth and repaired the end of my drive way.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, masonry

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

09/17/2018

Margaret L.

Sam helped us design and then built a stone walkway beside our house. We changed our plan based on his recommendations and the result was just what we wanted. We're really happy with the result and would gladly use him again for another project.

Description of Work
Stone Walkway

Work Completed On 08/29/2018

08/06/2018

m C.

My husband and I are so lucky to have found Sam's Masonry on Angie's List!! We had contacted multiple mason's to redo our paved patio, entry way, stairs, and rock wall and we are so happy that we chose Sam to do the work. Sam is the only contractor that we have used that actually showed up when he said he would, called when he said he would, and complete a job as professionally and skillfully like he said he would! Sam and his crew were wonderful and listened to all of our requests. His price was very competitive and the work was completed in the time frame that gave us. He was always friendly and he even cooked us a Brazilian feast one Saturday during the project!! We will definitely use Sam again---he's an honest and very hardworking man. You won't be disappointed!

Description of Work
Patio, side entry way, stone steps, rock wall

Work Completed On 06/01/2018

05/19/2018

Andrew G.

Samuel was great! The contract was simple with no hidden costs. His work was very good, and punctual. His team kept the area free of debris while they worked. Samuel got back to me quickly with the quote and the price was fair. When I had reached out to numerous contractors they didn't get back to me. Samuel was there, even with his full schedule. I will definitely use his services again with recommendations to friends.

Description of Work
Masonry front steps

Work Completed On 05/19/2018

05/08/2018

Marilyn C.

Sam is a consummate professional and perfectionist that takes great pride in his work. His employees are equally skilled, polite and professional. When Sam commits to doing a new job he schedules the start date upon completion of his existing job. He starts a job and finishes it and does not bounce around from one job to another. The guys started working everyday at 7am/7:30am and worked until 5pm/6pm weather permitting. This work cannot be done in the rain and the temperature must be consistently above 45 degrees to start. We met Sam at the stone place to pick the veneers and bluestone for the steps and pavers for the walkway. Sam started demolition on April 17th and finished on May 3rd, 2018. Sharing a couple photos of the old stairs (Sam is the guy in the lower left of one of the photos) and the new stairs. I have absolutely no hesitation recommending Sam and his guys. They were a pleasure to work with. In case anyone is wondering, a railing is being made and will be installed (not by Sam). :)

Description of Work
Demolition, Excavation and Creation of All NEW Front Stairs and Walkway

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, mudjacking

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

Review for Sam's Masonry - 157 Chelsea Street, EVERETT, MA - 37048658

10/02/2017

Lisa M.

Sam did a fantastic job. The work looks great and he got it all done in two days. He was on time, professional, and left everything neat and clean. He did a great job and I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Adding new stone step and replacing existing entryway steps

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

09/21/2017

Jean P.

Once he secured the week he was going to becoming he manged to get it all done in just a few days. We explored several options on how to make it all work with my budget. I will definitely look to do other projects with him in the future.

Description of Work
Samuel and his team did a great job at a reasonable price. He dis some stucco work and build a retaining wall in the exterior of the house. He also installed a gate for me.

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

08/17/2017

Daniel D.

Sam was knowledgeable about what was happening to our crumbling stairway and explaining the repair. Scheduling the actual work was handled perfectly including a weather delay. Sam & his team left a great looking staircase and a clean worksite exceeding our expectations.

Description of Work
Repair and finish of concrete front stairway

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

07/18/2017

Walter T.

Samuel did a great job at a very reasonable price. We knew we wanted pavers but weren't sure about the design. His suggestions were very helpful.

Description of Work
Replace old concrete front walk with pavers and granite slab steps.