In order to function properly, your septic tank needs to be regularly inspected and emptied. How often you should get your septic tank inspected depends on a few factors.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Star, ID
There are 5 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Star
- Master PlumbingJeff at Master Plumbing is fantastic! Our main drain line was flooded, and it overflowed all over the place. We tried to unclog it ourselves, but the flooding recurred every time we used the sink or toilet. The issue affected the toilets, sinks, laundry room, shower, and tub. Nothing could be used until the issue was resolved. It was an emergency nightmare, and Jeff saved the night! He came late, which we appreciate so much. It was a very scary situation. We also learned from Jeff that the cat poop with litter residue was the culprit which caused the mainline clog. If you have cats, then you understand it's a common practice. So we have completely stopped that practice. Now we have little garbage cans near the litter to hold the poop. Jeff explained it like this: when the particles of litter scooped up that are stuck to the waste and then flushed, the sand expands and doesn't go anywhere. It just clogs the drain. Also, those liquid dissolvers work on hair and paper, but they don't dissolve sand. Note: in the past, when we had two cats, we never encountered this problem, but now we have four cats. However, we'll never do it again. So if you're a cat person, heed our warning! We learned a great lifelong lesson from this experience. Thank you, Jeff; you are an angel! Master Plumbing is our go-to forever, which we completely trust and highly recommend to everyone in Ada County
- Prime Plumbing, LLCHe was here when he said he'd be, worked quickly and explained the process as he went along, cleaned up when he was finished, and gave tips on how to avoid this problem from happening again. very professional.
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVCNampa Septic was a delight (or, at least as much as dealing with poop can BE a delight!). It's a family owned and operated business that's been around in the Treasure Valley for decades. From the first phone call (a REAL PERSON answered, and she was very friendly and helpful) to scheduling within our time frame, to arriving on time, completing the job quickly and effectively, and charging exactly what they said they would, each step in the process was smooth and trouble free. I unhesitatingly give them my highest recommendation! 5/5 Stars
- NAMPA DRAIN & SEPTICWe've had them out several times. They do a really good job. The work was very thorough. They are very responsible and they are reasonable. It takes a day or two to finish the job. The workers are quite good, knowledgeable. The clean up after themselves.
- A la Carte Property Services LLCA la Carte has always done an excellent job! They are quick to respond, competitive on cost, and I've always been pleased with the work. The owner is always willing to offer suggestions that will make the project less expensive or better than I envisioned. A la Carte is my go to company when I have a problem with my own home or when a renter calls to report a problem. As a landlord, it is SO nice to have a go to company that can handle anything and everything I throw at them. There have been times when we have been out of town and a renter has called with a problem and I've been able to pass it off to A la Carte with complete confidence that it will be fixed. If they can't do it, they will be able to refer you to someone who can that is also honest and reliable. I've recommended them to many friends and family (my parents live 3 hours away and hired them to come remodel a bathroom because they were that much better than the options they had available locally!
- CANYON SEPTIC SVCSunday evening our house drain plugged and water backed up. I was able to determine there was an issue with our septic tank (there was standing water in the exterior 'clean-out). Monday morning I called two septic tank service companies. One from Angie's List another from neighbor references. I called the provider from Angie's first, left a voice mail and waited approximately one hour for a return call. After one hour I called Canyon Septic Services. Canyon Septic was referred to me by a neighbor and also has positive Google reviews. Canyon Septic's owner, Perry, answered my call. I explained my problem to him. He was upbeat, understanding and communicated to me he could and 'would' reprioritize his established schedule for the same day based on my urgent need. When Perry arrived he got right to work. He had contacted Canyon County Building Department and researched where my tank was installed. He probed the ground and found two corners. He dug, exposed and removed the lid from the tank. I had never seen the inside of a full septic tank before. I am comfortable doing most homeowner handyman jobs. Water heaters, faucets, toilets, electrical, etc. I hate paying for labor. As such, I constantly was asking Perry questions so as to increase my knowledge. He patiently answered each question thoroughly. To my untrained eye the tank looked completely full and totally plugged. I asked him to give me an assessment of the present condition of my three year old tank/system. Perry used several tool of his trade to measure various levels and types of 'stuff' in the tank. The drain water had backed up in our house due to someone flushing several paper towels down a toilet, apparently. Perry, dislodged the paper towel plug from the inlet and communicated to me in his opinion, the tank was 60-70% full and pumping wasn't 'necessary'. Perry asked me what additional service(s), if any, I wanted. In researching septic tank preventive maintenance on the internet just about every website recommends having a septic tank serviced (pumped and inspected) every 3-5 years. I asked Perry about the 3-5 years and he said without pause, absolutely. I opted to pump the tank as it was within the service window and I already had a 3' x 3' hole in my yard with the tank opening exposed. Perry phoned his pump truck driver and the tank was pumped. Perry arrived at my property at 3:30 pm and the pump truck left my property at 5:15 pm. Awesome, awesome service. Perry wasn't pushy about anything, ever. He worked quickly, answered questions, communicated observations and even suggested a tank modification to improve reliability. He sold me the ABS/PVC parts at his cost as the modification was well within my handyman abilities. As of this writing, 24 hours later I still haven't received a call back from the Angie's List service provider I called prior to contacting Canyon Septic. (Express). Canyon Septic will be who I call for septic related services. I received the best service I could have hoped for. Perry is 'good people'
- CR Higer Plumbing Inc.The service went very well. Fast clean and reasonably priced. They used rods to find the unknown tank and dug it up
- Express Plumbing ServiceI called Express Plumbing Service to pump my septic tank. The office lady was great to work with and told me someone could be here that day. The guy showed up on time and was very professional. He dug up my tank lid and pumped the tank. Afterwords he explained how the septic system works and gave me advice on keeping it maintained. I would definitely recommend this company for any plumbing or septic services
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupThe were on time, on budget and Keith (the operator) was very professional! I will definitely call them in the future, if I need septic service! ( I hope it will be a while!) All this the evening before Thanksgiving!
- MASTER ROOTER PLUMBINGOur technician was very professional and informative. He completed an inspection after the clean-out and explained how the tank and drain field worked. He also explained the need for active bacteria and how to maintain the system for proper operations.
Septic Tank Companies in Star
- Business Description:We offer a range of plumbing services to include water heaters, water softeners, drain or pipe cleaning, pumping service, septic system installation and maintenance, grease trap and septic pumping services. With Master Plumbing you receive a premium service from a uniformed professional. Master Plumbing believes in providing an Honest and Ethical Service at a Competitive Flat Rate Upfront Price. Since 1948 The Treasure Valley has counted on the Professionals at Master Plumbing to tackle th..Recent Review:Outstanding On the Spot Service from a First Rate Serviceman & Company!! When our dual flushing water saver toilet handle broke (not a simple home repair) we called Master Plumber of Meridian for the first time to get the repair job completed ASAP. They had someone out within 3 hours and the repair man Jeff arrived on the spot at the first minute of the given time range. Jeff was courteous, on the spot and proficient with the repair/replacement job. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jeff and Master Plumber for their Excellent Service! Steven G., MeridiaSteven G.
- Business Description:A+ Drain Cleaning and Plumbing was created for everyone to afford with low overhead and great customer service and knowlegde of plumbing. A+ plus offers great pricing along with qualified technicians to solve you problems. We offer FREE ESTIMATES AND NO OVERTIME CHARGES OR WEEKEND FEES. Pricing is given before we start the job with no hidden fees. A+ does not use subcontractors. All work is done in house to assure that all work is done correctly. Serving the treasure valleRecent Review:they were amazing and very perfesnal. They came in my home and got the job done in a timely manner. I would hire them again for sure. I highly recommend themTravis w.
- Business Description:At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes..Recent Review:Dexter Holman was AWSOME! Very professional and gave me details of what he was doing. Very, Very satisfied.Rhonda W.
- Business Description:Whether you are dealing with a malfunctioning water heater, a clogged drain, or a leak you can’t find, you need help from a professional team you can trust. The experts at Prime Plumbing LLC in Nampa are committed to ensuring that you have everything you need for a top-quality system that works as reliably as possible. Their team can provide help with things like sewer services, piping and repiping, septic services, fixture services, water conditioners, water softeners, leak detection, drain ..Recent Review:Jerry was punctual, professional, and extremely knowledgeable regarding our water heater. He took his time to answer all our questions. The price was extremely fair. My husband and I are very happy to have found them. We will be definitely using them againCeleste H.
- Business Description:Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and handle everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for you. Additional DBA - Red..Recent Review:Technician was on time, identified the problem areas and cleared them quickly.Karen W.
- Business Description:YMC Inc. Mechanical Contractor in Meridian, Idaho offers your business and family the best products and services combined with a level of customer service that will exceed your expectations. We provide both residential and commercial plumbing, heating, and AC services. Whether you’re looking for repairs, installation of your equipment, replacement, remodeling, or updating projects with the latest and most reliable equipment and fixtures, if you want it done right the first time by an award wi..Recent Review:Great! Providers got here quickly and got the job done quickly!Terry W.
- Business Description:Reasonable rates and after hour work. Licensed with 20 years experience and union trained. We do everything from remodels to emergency calls. Possible work, but not limited to: Clogs, drain cleaning Re-pipes Fixture installs Water heaters and softeners Disposals and dishwashers Pools Sewer and septic Sump and well pumps Water treatment, filtration and UV units Tankless water heaters Radiant heat In addition, Fitzgerald Mechanical is capable of completing all construction from foundation to ke..Recent Review:I gave Ryan and Heather a $6,500 deposit for their bid to replace my main sewer line on Oct 15, 2019. They dug two 4 foot holes in my backyard and then disappeared for 5 months. I called, emailed, and texted every few days letting them know the sewage leaking in my basement was getting worse by the day. Over the 5 month period they would either completely ignore my communication or give me excuses ranging from being gone on hunting trips to moving on to other jobs and promising that I was still a priority to them and that I was next on their list. It finally came down to me getting another contractor to come do the job, and they were able to complete it in 2 days. I asked Ryan and Heather for my deposit back and after a week of excuses why they wouldn't be able to get me my check I told them I felt I had no choice but to sue them because I needed the money to pay the other company that actually did the work. They eventually gave me a partial refund with no explanation of why they kept $2,500 of my money. I've messaged them to see if they can explain how they can justify it, and they haven't gotten back to me. I would strongly recommend not using their services, especially if it involves a deposit up front. Ryan and his crew were very nice, and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with them, but I've never been so frustrated working with a contractor. I feel cheated and in my opinion they simply stole $2,500 from meCaleb M.
- Business Description:We are available 24/7 365 days a year for all sizes of jobs for any realm of plumbing needs for Commercial & Residential customers. In addition we have our own Master Excavation & Master Environmental business.Recent Review:Nice folks and friendly. I had them out go diagnose a warning switch activation on septic system since our guy who does our small subdivision septic water treatment was out of town. They diagnosed a bad float switch and asked if we could replace the stop float too. Warning sign #1, but I was heading out of town and didn’t want to deal with it so I said yes. Then they said well you have no power to your on float and so it still doesn’t work. So now we are in for nearly 800 dollars and haven’t even scratched the surface of the problem. They didn’t even check the float for power. Rookie mistake. Could have have been a control board, etc. I assumed they had checked the basics loose wire, power, etc. Master plumbing asked if I wanted excavation to come out and diagnose the wire problem. I’m sure digging to find a short in a buried wire would have been another 1000 so I came back early from vacation and just pulled some new wire. Cost was 50 bucks and a couple hours. Buyer beware. Don’t sign anything till they sign something that says they have diagnosed the problem correctly and your not paying for changing out parts that don’t need to be changed. Probably why I just do most things myself these days if I canJohn B.
- Business Description:Simply the best Plumbing, heating and air conditioning company serving Boise, Meridian, Nampa and the surrounding areas. At Drake Mechanical, we pride ourselves on service. When you need a new air conditioning system, an old water heater repairedor a new water heater installed, or even just need your drains cleaned, Drake Mechanical is the obvious choice for all of your Plumbing, heating andair conditioning (HVAC),boiler and drain cleaning needs. We have 24/7-365 (366 on a leap year) day live..Recent Review:Day 1 No call, No show Day 2 I give them a second chance because I understand things happen. 11:30am I’m told 2 hours and a tech will be there. 4:45 I get a call saying they won’t make it. Asked if they could reschedule. I informed them they have wasted more than 6 hours of my time that I’ve lost in wages. No thank you. This is not how customer service works. I am a service electrician and I know how to treat customers. This isn’t it. I will never use a company that doesn’t value my time enough to make a simple phone call to communicate. At 1:30 they Knew they were late. At 3:30 I knew I would never hire themRob L.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and family run business. We have been in business for over 25 years. We have many customers that have been with us throughout our business life. Feel free to ask for customer feed back.Recent Review:Fantastic! The supply valve is 4 feet underground accessible only by a 4 inch diameter tube, and leaking badly (when open). I was able to close the valve and stop the leak, but was sure the whole thing would have to be dug up (6x6x4 hole in my yard). He was able to remove the handle, tighten the packing nut, and replace the handle at the bottom of a 4 foot tube! This saved me the expense and hassle of my yard being excavatedRoscoe H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Find septic tank services in
septic tank services in Star
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Express Plumbing Service3210 Airport Rd.
- Express Plumbing Service
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & PlumbingP.O. Box 3031
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & Plumbing
- Grit Excavation LLC.p.o.box 346
- Grit Excavation LLC.
- Hidden Services Co.3040 Elder Street
- Hidden Services Co.
- KO Dirt Services 1082 Grandview Ave
- KO Dirt Services
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVC5489 HAPPY VALLEY RD
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVC
- Perfect Plumbing, Heating and Air119 E 42nd St
Garden City, Idaho
- Perfect Plumbing, Heating and Air
- YMC Inc2975 E Lanark St
- YMC Inc