Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic system services in Horseshoe Bend, ID
There are 6 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Horseshoe Bend
- CANYON SEPTIC SVCExcellent. Great advise and wasn't afraid to refer me to someone else for more extensive work that I may need done. Saved me a lot of headache. Very clean and quick.
- Prime Plumbing, LLCHe was here when he said he'd be, worked quickly and explained the process as he went along, cleaned up when he was finished, and gave tips on how to avoid this problem from happening again. very professional.
- ABC Septic Service, Inc.I was having problems with the septic system. (Finally connected to the sewer), But ABC Sanitation pumped my system twice in four months and did it thoroughly and and on time. They made suggestions to extend the life of my system (caustic soda to clear the pipes), but I decided to hook up to city sewer. I would recommend their services to anyone needing them
- CR Higer Plumbing Inc.The service went very well. Fast clean and reasonably priced. They used rods to find the unknown tank and dug it up
- Express Plumbing Heating & AirIt went great. They showed up on time, were polite and finished everything fast even though they had to locate the tank and dig themselves.
- NAMPA DRAIN & SEPTICWe've had them out several times. They do a really good job. The work was very thorough. They are very responsible and they are reasonable. It takes a day or two to finish the job. The workers are quite good, knowledgeable. The clean up after themselves.
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVCThis was a great experience. Betty was very helpful on the phone answering several questions that I had. They performed the inspection in a timely manner and provided me with the information I needed in order to proceed with the sale of the house. It was less expensive then I expected, which is always a nice bonus! They are now on my list of preferred companies to deal with
- Express Plumbing Heating & AirI called Express Plumbing Service to pump my septic tank. The office lady was great to work with and told me someone could be here that day. The guy showed up on time and was very professional. He dug up my tank lid and pumped the tank. Afterwords he explained how the septic system works and gave me advice on keeping it maintained. I would definitely recommend this company for any plumbing or septic services
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupThe were on time, on budget and Keith (the operator) was very professional! I will definitely call them in the future, if I need septic service! ( I hope it will be a while!) All this the evening before Thanksgiving!
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water CleanupAppreciated the punctuality, and the fact that he recommended we did not need to have the second tank pumped (for a small cottage, with only my mother in residence). Really nice to encounter that level of integrity! Makes using this company regularly, for all related service - and recommending them to others - a no-brainer
Last update on March 22, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Horseshoe Bend, ID
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Hidden Springs,
- Garden City,
- New Plymouth,
- Idaho City,
- Robie Creek,
- Garden Valley,
Septic Tank Contractors in Horseshoe Bend, ID
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- A+ Draincleaning and Plumbing LLC.2603 Sundance Rd
Nampa, Idaho 83651
- A+ Draincleaning and Plumbing LLC.
- CANYON SEPTIC SVC16152 LONKEY LN
Caldwell, Idaho 83607
- CANYON SEPTIC SVC
- Elite Rooter11483 W Coleen St
Boise, Idaho 83709
- Elite Rooter
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & PlumbingP.O. Box 3031
Nampa, Idaho 83653
- Fitzgerald Mechanical & Plumbing
- Hidden Services Co.3040 Elder Street
Boise, Idaho 83705
- Hidden Services Co.
- Johns Plumbing & Heating Services Inc141 Enterprise St
Emmett, Idaho 83617
- Johns Plumbing & Heating Services Inc
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVC5489 HAPPY VALLEY RD
Kuna, Idaho 83634
- NAMPA SEPTIC & PLUMBING SVC
- TNG Excavation1677 Sunset Dr
Emmett, Idaho 83617
- TNG Excavation
Septic tank companies that service Horseshoe Bend
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.