Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Oakland, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Oakland
- Pro Handyman ServicesHe is the most complete conscientious person I have ever dealt with . Excellent work and great ideas on trim work and mantle. I loved working with this man , good price and done on time .
- Vinzant ConstructionOur retaining wall moved dramatically and damaged the siding of the lower level of our house. We removed the retaining wall and Vinzant Construction removed the old siding and replaced some of the old under-sheeting; installed new siding and weather proof the siding
- Basement Solutions IncThe crew showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. They kept the work are clean and answered all of my questions. They even had one of the crew help haul in a grocery bag when I came back home. I would highly recomend Basement Solutions to anyone!!
- Valentine ContructionThey were very respectful of our home and children. They offered suggestions to do things with the bathroom. They were very helpful with their suggestions! I would highly recommend them to anyone!
- L&H ConstructionWhen I have a large job and need a new contractor, I always test them with a small job to see how things go. L&H Construction (Lee Harper) proved himself on a chain link fence job last fall. He paid attention to construction details, did things on time, and most importantly communicated constantly with me. My real job was spring $12K landscaping project on one of my income properties near Anschutz medical center. My big problem? I don?t live in Denver and would not be able to supervise the job. I needed someone I could trust completely. Lee called me twice per month over the winter to be sure things were scheduled correctly (and took care of snow removal). The concrete work needed to be done at the correct temperatures, and ultimately everything else (tree removal, grading, rock, permits, etc.) needed to be done so the turf could be installed before watering restrictions kicked in. Not only that, I was sending thousands of dollars for work that I could not see being done. Trust was everything? for both of us. In the end, everything was done perfectly at the estimated cost. Inspections by the City of Aurora passed with flying colors. In fact, this job was done so well, I joined Angie?s just so I could write this review. Like every contractor in Denver, Lee needs the work badly (although he would never say so). If you need a talented, responsive and completely honest contractor to handle your residential construction job? this is your guy. If you hire Lee, be prepared to use the telephone because although he amazing work, he is old-school talent and doesn't do email
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project. Returned area to pre-project condition.
- S & R Construction IncVery well. Great price, esp on the gutters. The window trim was their design as we knew we wanted something done to spruce up the look of the windows, but didn't know what.
- Krebill ConstructionHe installed a door that fits better than the original new doors that were brand new. He actually did the door and the screen door. He installed them in such a way that I could open both doors with ease from my wheelchair. He also installed a small ramp to help go into the house.
- Love's Heating & ACIt went very well. Mr. Love does excellent work and is very conscientious of his work. He is also dependable and trustworthy. He is also very mechanically talented and can do anything that has to do with construction.
- CAPPS HOME REPAIR SVCCCapps came by my house as promised, providing an estimate. He returned as promised to perform the work. He made some good suggestions about other work I needed done. He told me he had a friend who could work on my dining room ceiling and he called this man. He also gave me this man's number so I could let this man know my work schedule. Capps returned to complete this work. The man with whom he contracted also came to work on my dining ceiling. Capp's work was inadequate and I later called him to re-do a portion of his work. The work done by the sub-contractor, when dried, was inadequately applied. In parts, no texture at all was applied to various portions of my ceiling. When Capps cam back to re-do his work, he first tried to deny the work done by his friend whom he subcontracted with was shoddy. He did say he would have another person come in to look at the work he tried to re-do as well as the subcontracted work. Capps and this other contractor did come by. This other contractor admitted the work on my dining ceiling was extremely shoddy. Capps remarked the "lights" had been dim when he saw the work. Capps then hired this other contractor to re-do work done by Capps as well as to re-do the dining ceiling. When this other contractor did not show up, I contacted Capps - twice. He said this person had been "busy" and should call him (Capps) back if this contractor did not show up in two weeks. The contractor did not show up - ever. Capps never returned my next 2 phone calls. My dining ceiling still looks shoddy. I paid another at my expense to re-do the work done by Capps
Contractors in Oakland
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:At Home Pride Contractors we strive to exceed our customer’s perception of what quality workmanship is all about. Our success is a result of paying attention to detail and performing at a high level for a fair price. We are a family owned and operated business with years of experience in the home improvement industry with specializations in roofing, siding, windows and gutters. Home Pride has built our reputation around the highest quality of professional service, products and craftsmanship. ..Recent Review:Spoke with Hunter and am looking forward to being in touch with him soon to do my roof!!!Madison L.
- Business Description:9 man painting and finish drywall crew, fully insured, prompt & clean, huge discounts at sherwin williams. We are available flat rate or can be sub-contracted jobs.Recent Review:We had an estimate scheduled and Chad never showed up. tried to contact numerous times but his mailbox was full and never could get in contact again. We tries texting since it was a cell phone no response to that either. Never herd from them again and never had any services preformedClay G.
- Business Description:I am a hand on guy with all my jobs! I have a few sub if I need them and I have a couple men that work for me full time.
- Business Description:We are a small residential construction company with skilled and experienced workers based in southeast Iowa.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:Family-owned & operated since 1977. We are a full-service remodeling company specializing in Curb Appeal.Recent Review:The work was completed on the date specified, and the workman cleaned up everything. They are very conscientious and we have used them several times over the years.Arlene M.
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:I am a small flooring and remodeling business I started on my own in 2005. I offer competitive prices! I provide the highest quality work and offer promotions throughout the year!Recent Review:<br /> <br /> <br /> <br />It didn't go at all since the provider would not call. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />Greg G.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Red Oak
- Council Bluffs
- Elk Horn
- Carter Lake
- Missouri Valley
general contractors in Oakland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Palm Services1803 Lincoln Str.
- Palm Services
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- S.W.E. Construction
- Turner Construction Inc.2979 110th St
- Turner Construction Inc.