Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Atlantic, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Atlantic
- Pro Handyman ServicesHe is the most complete conscientious person I have ever dealt with . Excellent work and great ideas on trim work and mantle. I loved working with this man , good price and done on time .
- Basement Solutions IncThe crew showed up on time and were very friendly and professional. They kept the work are clean and answered all of my questions. They even had one of the crew help haul in a grocery bag when I came back home. I would highly recomend Basement Solutions to anyone!!
- Krebill ConstructionHe installed a door that fits better than the original new doors that were brand new. He actually did the door and the screen door. He installed them in such a way that I could open both doors with ease from my wheelchair. He also installed a small ramp to help go into the house.
- Valentine ContructionThey were very respectful of our home and children. They offered suggestions to do things with the bathroom. They were very helpful with their suggestions! I would highly recommend them to anyone!
- S & R Construction IncVery well. Great price, esp on the gutters. The window trim was their design as we knew we wanted something done to spruce up the look of the windows, but didn't know what.
- L&H ConstructionWhen I have a large job and need a new contractor, I always test them with a small job to see how things go. L&H Construction (Lee Harper) proved himself on a chain link fence job last fall. He paid attention to construction details, did things on time, and most importantly communicated constantly with me. My real job was spring $12K landscaping project on one of my income properties near Anschutz medical center. My big problem? I don?t live in Denver and would not be able to supervise the job. I needed someone I could trust completely. Lee called me twice per month over the winter to be sure things were scheduled correctly (and took care of snow removal). The concrete work needed to be done at the correct temperatures, and ultimately everything else (tree removal, grading, rock, permits, etc.) needed to be done so the turf could be installed before watering restrictions kicked in. Not only that, I was sending thousands of dollars for work that I could not see being done. Trust was everything? for both of us. In the end, everything was done perfectly at the estimated cost. Inspections by the City of Aurora passed with flying colors. In fact, this job was done so well, I joined Angie?s just so I could write this review. Like every contractor in Denver, Lee needs the work badly (although he would never say so). If you need a talented, responsive and completely honest contractor to handle your residential construction job? this is your guy. If you hire Lee, be prepared to use the telephone because although he amazing work, he is old-school talent and doesn't do email read less
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project. Returned area to pre-project condition.
- Vinzant ConstructionOur retaining wall moved dramatically and damaged the siding of the lower level of our house. We removed the retaining wall and Vinzant Construction removed the old siding and replaced some of the old under-sheeting; installed new siding and weather proof the siding
- Love's Heating & ACIt went very well. Mr. Love does excellent work and is very conscientious of his work. He is also dependable and trustworthy. He is also very mechanically talented and can do anything that has to do with construction.
- Aesthetic ElementsWas treated horribly. Everything they did was awful, roof leaked, texture globbed on and a mess, siding coming off and over nails bumpy in spots. Very unproffessional, did not finish kept changing things from what they said. Used my things during thrir work. Left my belongings outside.
Contractors in Atlantic
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Recent Review:unknownChester S.
- Business Description:We have 3 employee's at the moment. Depending on size of job. Half is due upfront before work is started.Recent Review:I like them a lot. They were good to me. They took my old counter top and remove the sink,took out, the old stove and the placed new counter top, sink, glass top flat stove and new stainless steel hood. They charged me exactly the amount they quoted me. they were friendly, honest and they gave me a detailed quote. They are a small company but they gave me a very good service. I was impressed. They even cleaned after the work was done read lessKatherine G.
- Business Description:1st Construction
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:Kitchen and Bathroom remodling, additions
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business. We have flooring, lighting, 4 lines of cabinets, countertops, and much much more.Recent Review:Sat with him to plan the bathroom, and work out what we wanted. Double Sink, Tub surround & shower done in blue ONYX. <br /> REASONS FOR BAD REVIEW: <br /> 1) Measurement of bath room was measured wrong, Not allowing for new 1/2" wallboard being installed. <br /> 2) Different Decals on sink bowls were put in wrong bowls <br /> 3) Wallboard installed without insuring walls are flat, therefore tall linen closet is not flush and square against wall. <br /> 4) DOES NOT WORK WITH CONTRACT. <br /> 5) PRICE QUOTED WAS 5400.00 <br /> 6) DEPOSIT 3300.00 <br /> 7) BILLED PRICE TOTAL 8540.13 <br /> 8) Charged hourly rate for loading product into trailer to move to house. <br /> 9) DID NOT CLEAN UP AFTER DAYS WORK. In order for us to go to bed at night we had to clean up the cardboard that was around the cabinets and onyx. He installed the shower doors wrong. <br /> 10) WHEN HE SPRAYED THE ORANGE PEEL FOR THE WALLS HE SPRAYED EVERYTHING. WE HAD TO REPLACE THREE LIGHT FIXTURES AS WELL AS SCRAPE THE STUFF OFF OF THE NEW TUB AND SINKS. <br /> 11) After all this he put a builders lean on our house when we disputed the workmanship and the time it took. <br / read lessJack R.
- Business Description:We are a General contracting company. We perform all services involved in the completion of unfinished space. We do hire sub contractors when needed. We also stand by their work as well. Though we have only been in buisness for a short time. we have a combined 37 years construction experience read lessRecent Review:The workmanship was excellent. The work was completed within the time frame agreed upon as well as the price quoted. Everything was done very professionally from start to finish. I HIGHLY recommend Dave Navarro Construction for any interior remodeling. I will definitely use him again - without hesitation read lessSharon O.
- Recent Review:They put a roof on my house worked with and discounted the work I could do myself like hauling away debris and stripping old roof excellent guy great family business.William E.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Elk Horn
- Red Oak
- Guthrie Center
general contractors in Atlantic
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- Dave Navarro Construction
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
- M & H Construction
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Palm Services1803 Lincoln Str.
- Palm Services
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- S.W.E. Construction
- Turner Construction Inc.2979 110th St
- Turner Construction Inc.