Attic insulation can help keep you comfortable year-round, lower your energy bills, and provide cleaner indoor air. Find out how much attic insulation costs and learn answers to common questions about this household essential.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Dubuque, IA
There are 3 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Dubuque
- Scott Austin BuilderScotty is a very down to earth and knowledgeable person. He was willing to discuss options and provided a very thorough job.
- Scott Austin BuilderThe siding project got pushed back to mid/late October (instead of mid late September) before starting, which made it much more of a cold weather and snow issue, but they got the job done. Except for the later start, the process went "according to Hoyle." We're very happy with the results.
- Noonan InsulationI cannot rave enough about this company. They did an absolutely fantastic and thorough job in insulating 3 separate areas of my home. They are a family owned and operated business and were extremely professional as well as personable to do deal with. Their rates are the best I found in this area for spay foam insulation, and they were right on time to do the job and did it efficiently. The owner, Joyce Noonan, was a pleasure to do business with and was quick to submit an invoice along with the completed paperwork for me to obtain rebates through Black Hills for the work done. I would not hesitate to use them again if ever need be
- Steamatic of DubuqueThey are lifesavers. I had water damage at one of my daycares and they worked with us for months. They are great people to work with. They go above and beyond for any service that they provide. Their work is of the highest standard. We had gotten in to an issue with the insurance company and they assessed what needed to be done and then the insurance company approved the work. Walls had to be taken down as the drywall was ruined and the insulation had to be replaced. They had to do mold remediation, this was in 2002, and it was for a very large job. They were at the daycare within an hour of calling for the flood issue and this was at night on a Sunday
- MASTERS SIDING & INSULATIONI had blown-in insulation done last September 2012. They were supposed to take off the siding and blow it into the walls, blow more into the attic, and put the right R-factor in the rafters in the basement. I was at work when it was done, so am questionable what all they did outside of the basement. I don't think they went into the attic because there was no sign that they went up there. For the rafters, they only did the tiny little where there wasn't any insulation and it was in the contract to replace all of it with the right R-factor. I have called them and complain and like always the only one I get to talk to is Dan Baker and like in the past he tells me, "in two weeks they will get there" and then it's a no show. The worse part is they were supposed to get this done in 2011. Apparently there is a Steve that owns the business and I have called him, but he forwards the calls to Dan. Too bad I didn't know about people's complaints before I signed on. Also, they were supposed to send the paperwork into Blackhills for my rebate, which they never did. Dan swore he did, but Blackhills never got it. I tend to believe Blackhills
- MASTERS SIDING & INSULATIONI had my small house sided and the windows wrapped with coil stock in August of 2013. At the time of installation, I questioned their use of the pink foam board rather than Tyvek as a weather and insulation barrier. I was told this was the proper way to go because of the surface they were covering - they needed a smooth surface to work with, so I get it. . However, just recently, after a very bitter winter, I contacted an insulation professional about the possible need for more insulation in my home. He pulled off some siding and informed me that the pink foam board used by Master's was installed incorrectly. They did not tape and seal along any of the cracks and joints of the foam board, which now basically allows air to pass through the seams and into the minimally insulated walls. The company itself did not abide by the code that is set out by the siding manufacturer, which calls for taping seams if the foam board is used under siding. I feel they purposely skipped a crucial step in an effort to cut corners and costs. I may as well forget contacting Master's to do the job right, as I don't feel like dealing with Dan Baker, their salesman. After work was completed last fall, I contacted him questioning why the coil stock on the windows and doors had not been caulked. He was quite short and gruff with me, making me feel as if I was asking for something extra, when it is a necessary part of the installation process. I called him out on it asking why he would treat a customer who just dumped $6,400 into their business this way. The crew eventually came back and caulked the larger windows many weeks later, but still did not caulk the coil stock around the doors, or around the smaller windows. I called back again and Dan was extremely rude to me again and told me they would "get out to take a look at it". To this date, no one has come back to look, or if they did, still have not finished caulking. Also, I would like to add there are numerous spots where they cut corners by cobbling pieces of J trim and corner trim together in a rather unpleasing way. They used smaller, leftover pieces from the larger windows to do my small windows, rather than using a full piece cut the length of the window. This was also done on the corner trim pieces as well. So now, for example, I have windows that have full 2.5' sections and then a small 6"' piece as well, rather than a full 3' trim piece. These pieces now stick out like sore thumbs and are very unsightly. At first glance, the house looks great in comparison to what it did before. But upon closer inspection, there are so many cobbled pieces, sloppy caulk on windows and siding, and again, improper sealing of the foam board underneath. I will never do business with Master's Siding again
- Northern Winds Insulation & CoatingsCalled Northern Winds Insulation in mid April, and a few days later Greg Hughes called back. We set up an appt for him to come to my home to see what I needed done. I needed cellulose blown into the walls of my 2 story home, as well as blown in the attic, and spray foam insulation on my basement walls, rim joists and partial crawl space - in other words, a substantial insulating job from top to bottom. Greg appeared knowledgeable and friendly at the time, and interested in doing the job for me. He said he would be back "early next week" to pull off siding to get a better idea of how to proceed, and to gather final numbers for a bid. That was over 2 weeks ago. I have called him 3 times and left voice messages, and also left an email through their website asking when they are coming out, but still no response. My last message asked them to let me know even if they were too busy or didn't want to do the job so I could move forward with someone else. It ticks me off as I am on a time crunch for needing some numbers in front of me for proceeding with a loan to do some substantial work to my home. I have wasted over 2 weeks waiting on him when I could have been out looking for another insulation contractor. I understand this is getting to be the busy time of year for work, but if you tell someone you will be back, then come back. If you tell someone you will get numbers to them for a loan you know they are taking out, then get back to that person with numbers. But to avoid phone calls? Come on - horrible business ethic and rotten customer service is all that is. After two weeks, I have moved on to different contractors and wouldn't use Northern Winds even if they did ever get around to calling me back
- Green Building SolutionsMy current handyman had taken up the floor in my laundry room down to the joists, because the room was an addition that had never been insulated properly under the flooring. I had the cavity under the floors spray foamed and my handyman was to then replace the floors afterward. He was unable to complete the flooring after insulation was done due to a death in the family. I contacted Rob Beau of Green Building Solutions after finding him on Craigslist and Angie's List and explained the situation that I needed someone to replace the floor in the next couple days because I had other work that had to be done in the basement which required walking across this particular floor. I explained what had been done and what needed done and Rob indicated he could move some things around to do this job for me. I began having doubts as to Mr. Beau's knowledge when he stated he would be using a particular glue to hold down my vinyl floating floor and using this glue on the perimeter only, even though Menards and other contractors said this type of flooring had to either have no glue at all and "float" or have a special adhesive over the entire surface, not just perimeter. Mr. Beau mentioned several times he did things a different way - a way that would void the warranty of the floor and cause problems in the flooring down the road. When I finally voiced my concerns over this issue and stated I was having second thoughts, he stated "I'll do it whatever way you want it" even though he never used this type of adhesive before, and also made me feel guilty because, in his words "I pushed back another job to work you in and set aside the whole day for you". So, I decided to go through with using him even though I had concerns. We met last evening for him to look over the job. I again had my doubts as to his competency after talking with him because he again wanted me to get the glue for doing the perimeter only and assured me everything would work out fine. He then rattled off a list of materials I needed to obtain for the job, which I found to be strange. I have never had a contractor tell me I had to go get all my own supplies for a job, but this one did. I understand picking out my flooring, but I had to wander all over Menards for other materials as well. So...he said he would be down around 9:30, after he picked up the flooring from Menards. At 10:30 he called to say he was running late. Claimed he was in another city and was on his way to Menards to get the floor and would be here in a little while. My agitation is growing. By 12:30, Mr. Beau still had not shown up and I was extremely agitated with him at this point. I contacted Menards to let them know if he showed up for the flooring not to release it to him, but he had just picked it up. While still waiting for Mr. Beau to show up, I contacted a carpenter who was willing to come to finish the job and it was then I decided to wash my hands of Mr. Beau and his company. When he showed up at 1:00 finally, I handed him a check for $20 for his time in picking up the flooring and told him I was done. I told him I thought him to be very unprofessional to be 3.5 hours late and for someone who had set aside the "whole day" for me, he had wasted half of it already. I had no desire to work with him further. He took my check and walked away snickering and mumbling to his other worke
Insulation Companies in Dubuque
- Business Description:Energy Nerds know about everything to do with saving money and making homes more energy efficient. We can supply insulation, windows, attic ventilation, solar power, and even paint to save you energy. We perform free energy audits. We are passionate about energy efficiency and believe our reputation is the savings we create for our clients. Our motto is to conserve, create, and prosper! Company Website: https://howtoinsulate.coRecent Review:They were honest by explaining to me why I shouldn't blow insulation into my walls because the siding is wood and would cause mold issue. Other companies would do the work even though they shouldn't.Amanda C.
- Business Description:Office hours are Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We are available 24/7 for emergency services such as water and smoke/fire damage. Our telephone will be answered anytime day or night for any emergencies that occur after office hours. We are recommended and work with many of the major insurance companies nationwideRecent Review:Steamatic was professional, prompt and did an excellent job. They gave a discount and even helped move a few other items for us, which they did not need to do. Getting her carpets cleaned was one thing that was not stressful at all about moving. Thank youLisa R.
- Business Description:MidAmerica Basement Systems is your premier locally owned and operated company that specializes in foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space repair, concrete leveling, and radon mitigation.Recent Review:So disappointed with this company. I own a house for my daughter to live in while she is in college. The house is 5 hours from my residence. The house has been having water in the basement. I turned to Angi to get a reliable list of waterproofing companies. When MidAmerica Basement Systems called me to set up a time to give me a free quote, I was instructed I would need to be at the house. I let them know my situation of living 5 hours away and that my 21 year old daughter would be at the house and could FaceTime me during the appointment. This was not good enough as it is "company policy" to have the owner at the house. I spoke with the initial employee who wasn't willing or even tried to figure out a solution. Her solution was to send my call to the manager, who when answered acted like she had no idea why she was getting the call. I explained to her again that I lived 5 hours away and would not be able to be at the house, but we could use technology and I could FaceTime. This again was denied and a viable solution was not even talked about. Never did I feel they wanted my business or in any way were willing to work with me. I can't imagine I am the only one who does not live close and has had issues. It is 2021 and in the middle of a pandemic. Why FaceTime isn't an option is extremely frustrating and confusing. The customer service I received during this call by various levels of employees was also disheartening. I would never use them after this experienceKendra F.
- Business Description:We install the best insulation for existing homes! RetroFoam injected foam wall insulation saves you money on your energy bills, it also makes your home quieter and more comfortable. Our injectable foam insulation seals even the smallest of openings in the walls of your houseRecent Review:The two workers came as scheduled, did the work quickly, took time to clean up outside, and checked the inside to be sure there was no foam leakage into the house. The workers were friendly, explained what they would do and how they would do it to be sure I did not have any questions for them and that we were all on the same page before they started the workWayne W.
- Business Description:A family owned business started by husband and wife Rich and Joyce Noonan. Today it remains a family business with nephews Matt and Tom Noonan joining the team. The core of Noonan Insulation is the installation of insulation and air sealing with years of experience to back up our work. You'll get quality that's also cost effective.
- Business Description:Classic strives to provide a quality product for a reasonable price. We specialize in rigid closed cell foam for your project. The foam we use is a 2lb closed cell foam. It is three times more efficient than any other insulating product. The product is a non permeable product it will not absorb moisture and cause black mold, a perfect product for basements, attics, crawl spaces and metal buildings. We serve all of Iowa parts of Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. Give us a call for a free esti..
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..
- Business Description:We are a soundproofing supply company, we provide and recommend product for your application. Applications: home, basements, ceilings, garage conversion to music practice, and commercial applications.
- Business Description:Ask for detailsRecent Review:I don't words for this companies actions . I will just leave it up to other people to give reviews but I gave a rating . <br /> <br /> <br />Mary L.
- Business Description:Kinzler Construction Services provides a variety of solutions for contractors, homeowners and business owners looking to increase the comfort and efficiency of their buildings. As a family owned and operated business we stand behind the work we do and our team looks forward to working with you on your next projectRecent Review:The initial consultation went well. We were sent an estimate which seemed in-line with what Mid-American estimated we would pay. Looking back, however, the estimate only included a lump sum and did not itemize each item and price. When they arrived, they tried to access part of the attic and cut a hole in the wall of a closet (which we agreed on). After they cut the hole, they realized they couldn't access the attic from there. So we were stuck with a hole in the wall which we had to patch ourselves. It cost money (I don't know how much) for them to cut a hole in our wall that took 2 minutes with a hand saw. They finished the job then took the rebate form with them. They said that Adam would get back to us on the adjusted cost. He sent another invoice, again with just a lump sum, not an itemized list of charges. I paid it. I knew it would take time to get the rebate, so I put it out of my mind. Nearly two months went by and I called Mid-American asking about the rebate. They had never received the form. I called Adam and he said he remembered getting emails that things didn't go through. But apparently never responded to them! He submitted paperwork that day and I got an email from the rebate people. They responded that they were only going to rebate our job for $367 and we paid nearly $900. This wasn't even close to the 75% they were supposed to rebate and they said they only paid 75% of the square footage that was completed. I called Adam back pretty upset and feeling they had either ripped us off or estimated the square footage incorrectly. I said I wanted an itemized list of what we paid for and he said he didn't think he could get that for me. WHAT?! I paid nearly $900 and I don't know what I've paid for??? He called back and said they had put down the wrong square footage. The rebate would now be $510. Better but still not great. Thoughout all of this, I never got an apology for any of the problems that we had. I would never use this company againKelli B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Different types of garage insulation all come with advantages. The best option for garage insulation often comes down to price and existing setup. Learn the different types of insulation for your garage and choose the right fit for your home.
How much does insulation cost? The price you pay for insulation depends on a number of factors, including the type you choose, thickness, square footage of the area to be insulated, and more. Learn the average costs of insulating your home.
Find insulation contractors in
- East Dubuque
- Hazel Green
- Cuba City
- Scales Mound
insulation contractors in Dubuque
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Burbach Insulation Company Inc16330 W Glendale Dr
New Berlin, Wisconsin
- Burbach Insulation Company Inc
- Energy Nerds1073 Rockford Rd SW Suite D
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Energy Nerds
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Iowa Green Home LLC712 36th St
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Green Home LLC
- LOWE'S531 W CARL SANDBURG DR
- S & K Insulation Services2459 254th Lane
Guthrie Center, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- Steamatic of Dubuque500 Huff St.
- S & K Insulation Services