We’ve compiled some tips to help you identify the problems behind cracks in your drywall ceiling seam, how to fix them, and when to call in the pros.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Dubuque, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Dubuque
- Connection by RayI plan on referring him to friends, family. I will now only use him for future work. I can’t rave about his work enough!!
- DONOVAN CONSTRUCTION & REMODELINGWe thought that they were excellent when they came out to do the quote. Their price was good and we thought that they were professional.
- Hackbarth DrywallTerry worked hard to keep my project on schedule. Took initiative to scrap out rooms and hang miscellaneous drywall when needed. Kept me informed of the work and progress, charged me appropriately for the extras.
- Hackbarth DrywallThey did a excellant job! Terry was vary helpfull explaining everything to us and what was going to happen. They where professional, clean and finished the job quickly!
- Hackbarth DrywallWe had a fire late last year. We decided to do most of the work ourselves. We did decide to hire out the drywall other wise it would have took a month for us to do it ourselves. We called Terry and he got us an estimate quickly. We were suprised how reasonable his price was. Since we were not to the point of drywall yet Terry would call us periodically and see how it was comming along. He worked around our time fame. Which was great! It only took a little over a day for the hangers to put up alot of drywall! The finish work took longer, but I know that it was being done right. Terry worked with us on textures and made sure we got what we wanted. We could not be happier with the service provided. The house looks GREAT
- Steamatic of DubuqueThey are lifesavers. I had water damage at one of my daycares and they worked with us for months. They are great people to work with. They go above and beyond for any service that they provide. Their work is of the highest standard. We had gotten in to an issue with the insurance company and they assessed what needed to be done and then the insurance company approved the work. Walls had to be taken down as the drywall was ruined and the insulation had to be replaced. They had to do mold remediation, this was in 2002, and it was for a very large job. They were at the daycare within an hour of calling for the flood issue and this was at night on a Sunday
- Hackbarth DrywallThe quality of the work was good. However, the job was way over quoted. We were given an estimate of $1,300 for the job. After the job was completed we totaled 8 hours of labor. When we sat down with Terry to review the bill he claimed that he had 17 hours of labor on our project. When confronted with actual evidence that the labor had only been 8 hours, we were informed that he had to pay his labor a minimum on 8 hours per job. Based on allowing $200 for materials we were being charged an astonishing $143/hour for the labor. When he itemized the labor, he indicated that he was charging us $50 for 17 hours of labor which included the drive time to our property and 2.5 hours of time to pick up the 5 pieces of sheet rock used in this project. Even with the 17 hours, he was unable to justify the expense and added a $300 overhead line which included his van, gas, insurance, accounting, cell phone, about 10 other things AND EVEN THE COST AND TIME ASSOCIATED WITH COMING TO PROVIDE A QUOTE. He refused to admit that he had way over estimated the job and that we should have been charged less. In addition, he refused to put the moldings that he had taken off the wall back on and left them leaning up against the wall in the corner
Drywall Contractors in Dubuque
- Business Description:We install just about anything electrical, Specializes in security systems as well as security lighting! "Your safe with us!"Recent Review:I plan on referring him to friends, family. I will now only use him for future work. I can’t rave about his work enough!!Carri B.
- Business Description:Office hours are Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. We are available 24/7 for emergency services such as water and smoke/fire damage. Our telephone will be answered anytime day or night for any emergencies that occur after office hours. We are recommended and work with many of the major insurance companies nationwideRecent Review:Steamatic was professional, prompt and did an excellent job. They gave a discount and even helped move a few other items for us, which they did not need to do. Getting her carpets cleaned was one thing that was not stressful at all about moving. Thank youLisa R.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated since 1978. Specializing in Residential & Commercial Roofing, Siding, Windows, Gutters & Remodeling.Recent Review:The site and office teams were very good to work with. They were very responsive and offered great advice. I will definitely recommend them for their services.Angie C.
- Business Description:2 employees. Uses subs for electrical & plumbing. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Service charges may apply. May contact through email.
- Business Description:We are a friendly and locally owned and operated business. Our goal is to serve our neighbors in a satisfactory manner and at an affordable price.Recent Review:My first experience on Angie's List was to find a contractor to repair a leaking roof. When I purchase my home the roof had been replaced within 2 years of purchasing. Yet within a year water was leaking into my living room. When other contractors came out they'd stand in the driveway and look up at the roof, then tell me all I needed were new gutters, which didn't help. All in one actually got up on the roof to investigate determining where my roof was leaking and fix it. With their estimate they provided proof on insurance and state contractor certification. Before the roof work commenced, rain was forecast All In One, covered the roof with tarps. Once the work was completed they cleaned up the yard and driveway of all the old tiles, nails, and other debris. Shortly after they completed there work, it rained again. I held my breath but no water came dripping down from the ceiling. In addition to the roof, since they were going to be up on the roof, I had them replace an old skylight. No, the skylight wasn't the cause of the leak, I just took advantage of the opportunity to replace it. <br /Jodi S.
- Business Description:Affordable Contracting & Handyman
- Business Description:We are a General contracting company. We perform all services involved in the completion of unfinished space. We do hire sub contractors when needed. We also stand by their work as well. Though we have only been in buisness for a short time. we have a combined 37 years construction experienceRecent Review:The workmanship was excellent. The work was completed within the time frame agreed upon as well as the price quoted. Everything was done very professionally from start to finish. I HIGHLY recommend Dave Navarro Construction for any interior remodeling. I will definitely use him again - without hesitationSharon O.
- Business Description:Our mission at Hampton Enterprise LLC is to provide clients with superior customer service, quality work and speedy service in all aspects of their home improvement needs. Licensed, insured and trusted since 1989; come discover the Hampton difference today! We specialize in the installation and repair of Windows, Doors, Flooring, Sinks, Bathtubs, Showers, Sprinkler Systems and much more. We also offer Interior and Exterior Home Painting, Custom Welding Fabrication and Carpentry.Localy in you..Recent Review:Showed up and did not fix or repair any work that was needed. Just covered up with tiles. left in the middle of the job and never returned. Never returned emails or phone calls.mando c.
- Business Description:Ask for detailsRecent Review:I don't words for this companies actions . I will just leave it up to other people to give reviews but I gave a rating . <br /> <br /> <br />Mary L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Whether you slammed your chair into the drywall or the door has hit it one too many times, drywall holes are inevitable. Luckily, you can patch them up on your own. The steps below outline the necessary work for repairing drywall holes.
Find drywall contractors in
- East Dubuque
- Hazel Green
- Cuba City
- Scales Mound
drywall contractors in Dubuque
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ESSER CONTRACTING325 N Grandview
- ESSER CONTRACTING
- Jack Nauman Painting500 Primrose ct.
- Jack Nauman Painting
- Psquared Renovations
- Psquared Renovations
- Thomas Ciccones' Business Consultant Entrepreneur1135 North Wickham Road
- Thomas Ciccones' Business Consultant Entrepreneur
- Welborn Painting & Drywall9298 Bellevue Hts Rd
- Welborn Painting & Drywall