The Arbory Tree Services

With Angi since March 2015

Augusta, GA 30906

* Liability insurance * Here at The Arbory, we pride ourselves in our great customer service skills. Whether it be a simple cleanup job, to customized landscaping and tree removal, we can handle it! Leaving your trees uncared for can be costly to both aesthetics and home safety, have one of our professionals come out and give you a free estimate today. Servicing the Entire CSRA....

09/24/2020

Sharon S.

I just had a LOT of tree work done with The Arbory Tree Service. Jon Crutchfield and his crew did an AMAZING job. I don’t usually do reviews but the job done was OUTSTANDING. I was impressed with this company throughout the entire process. The short version: A+++, Highly recommended, Great communication, Awesome job done quickly, Fair price. The Long version: Estimate: Mr. Crutchfield came out on time to give me an estimate and even called before coming to let me know he was on the way. He gave a written estimate clearly showing what work was to be done and even provided a copy of the business insurance. Everything on my estimate was clearly documented and fairly priced. I had 5 companies come out for estimates. Most did not give a written estimate and the price for some other companies was very high. Price The price was very fair for the work I had done. Out of all of the estimates I had, The Arbory Tree Service was one of the most reasonable quotes. The deciding factor to go with The Arbory Tree Service was fair pricing, professional, written estimate, no hesitation with the work that needed done, and they offered stump grinding service. The only slightly lower estimate I got did not include stump grinding. The Work I had 14 very tall trees removed from around my house; pines and sweetgum trees. Several of the trees were very close to the house, between 3-5 feet away. My neighbor’s house is close to mine so there was not a lot of wiggle room to get the trees down safely. The crew did a superb job getting all of the trees down with ZERO Damage !!! I watched the crew cutting and climbing the trees. It was fascinating how perfectly they were able to direct the trees down. The crew cleaned up everything and my yard looks beautiful. Time The job was completed in 2 days including the stump grinding. I think 2 days is very fast for the amount of trees I had taken down. Communication I was always able to get in contact with The Arbory Tree Service. When calling the office I spoke with Julie. Julie was polite, professional, and always very helpful with answering any questions I had. I was also able to get in contact with Mr. Crutchfield via his mobile number after hiring them for the job. Mr. Crutchfield was very easy to communicate with, polite, professional and helpful in answering any questions.

Description of Work
Tree removal

10/21/2018

Jeff O.

Removed a large tree, and left the stump. They informed me they would be back in 2-3 days to remove the stump. It took over one month to get the stump removed. As I was trying to sell the house this was an issue. When trimming and removing undergrowth from the back privacy barrier, they "Accidentally" cut down two 14 foot Holly trees, leaving me with little privacy. They did offer to plant one new bush. It was a tree with no branches below 6 feet, so it did little to fill the gap in the privacy fence. Additionally the tree did not survive the planting, so I was left with a hole in the privacy screen and another dead tree to remove.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and trimming

06/02/2018

Himadri D.

The crew did an excellent job, came on time, removed one maple tree, 10 bushes, and trimmed a river burch. After completing the work they cleaned the area nicely. Most importantly, grinder came two months after this job and grinned all stumps and roots in the area. I would definitely recommend them to friends and hire them again in future.

Description of Work
Removing and trimming tress

09/15/2017

Vicky G.

The trees were very close to our house but we didn't need to worry about a thing. The men did an outstanding job. We have recommended this company several times. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
We had 9 trees cut down.

02/15/2017

Vicky G.

This company is top notch!!! John gave us a very reasonable price. We had 8 large trees removed. His team was so professional and worked as hard as anyone you have ever seen. They were not able to get a bucket truck to the trees, so they had to climb each one. Even with having to climb them, they were able to finish the job in one day. They also ground each stump and cleaned the yard when they finished. Excellent job! I've already recommended them to my daughter.

Description of Work
Trees removed

Category tree service

Thank you for the great review Ms. [Member Name Removed] ! We sure do appreciate your kind words about our crew and company. Our goal on every job is 100 % client satisfaction. Thank you again !!

01/27/2017

Gary S.

The crew did a great job. You can barely tell they were here because they do such a good job of their work and of cleaning up. Both trees were near the house and fence and one was right near a Japanese maple tree. They avoided any contact with any of those when they took the trees down. Mr. Crutchfield came out earlier to see what work needed to be done. Arbory has a very good business model, they are prompt, and they do excellent work. All the folks are very courteous and protect your property. They chip the wood, which is good environmentally.

Description of Work
I had two diseased Bradford pear trees that needed to be cut down and the stumps ground, overhanging branches cut, and some tree clippings taken out.

Category tree service

Thank you for the fantastic review ! We sure do appreciate you and please give us a call for any tree services that you may require in the future. Thank you again !!

08/22/2016

connie B.

It was great. They responded promptly to my initial contact. They preformed the services on the scheduled date.They were on time, courteous and friendly. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family members.

Description of Work
They cut down some trees, shredded them, and removed them from a vacant property. They also pruned a tree. These were very tall trees and some of the limbs were between power lines!

07/16/2016

Julie E.

Incredible! Outstanding. The crew went above and beyond my expectations for service, skill, timeliness and clean up. Two full days! And we live on 2.5 acres!

Description of Work
Numerous trees removed, canopy lifted and general tree trimming

07/08/2016

Kendra S.

Description of Work
Arbory Tree Service removed approx. 30 trees from my property. They were professional and did a great job!

07/08/2016

Lynn S.

Description of Work
They came out the first time and did not finish because their chipper broke down. I had already been informed that I had too much to do for one day. They gave me the same special price and came back again and added 2 free hours. They still had more to do since they ran into unexpected problems with more trees down. They again gave me your price and came back for another day and finished the job to my satisfaction.

04/27/2016

Marcia B.

It was wonderful. They worked all day long and did great work. The price was excellent. They also cleaned up their mess when the work was completed. I don't have enough great things to say about them.

Description of Work
They removed stumps, and cut down trees for us. They removed bushes for us as well.

04/23/2016

Eric D.

OWNER MR. JON CRUTCHFIELD WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME MY SOMEONE NOT A MEMBER OF ANGIES LIST. MR CRUTCHFIELD IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND WELL RESPECTED BY HIS EMPLOYEES. TWO OF THE TREES REMOVED WERE DEAD FROM PINE BEETLES, 9 HAD LARGE DAMAGED SPOTS POSSIBLY FROM LIGHTNING STRIKES IN THE PAST. ONE VERY LARGE PINE TREE WAS REMOVED DUE TO ITS ROOT SYSTEM ENCROACHING ON MY SEPTIC SYSTEM AND DRAIN FIELD. JON AND ROGER, HIS FOREMAN, ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THEIR PROFESSION. THEY WERE ABLE TO EDUCATE ME ON EARLY SIGNS OF PINE BEETLE INFESTATION. I ASKED ABOUT A BUG THAT WAS LOCATED ON ONE OF THE TREES, NOT INCLUDED IN THE INITIAL JOB, AND ROGER TOLD ME IT WAS A PINE BEETLE. THE SKEPTIC I AM HAD TO VERIFY IT, SO TO GOOGLE I WENT AND DAMNED IF HE WASN'T RIGHT. IT WAS THEN DECIDED TO ADD THE OTHER 7 PINES. ALL 19 OF THESE TREES WERE IN DIFFICULT LOCATIONS AND THERE WORKING AREA WAS REDUCED BY MY SEPTIC AND DRAIN FIELD LOCATION. JON AND THE TEAM WERE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE MY DECISION TO ADD MORE TREES TO THE JOB AND STAYED TILL THE JOB WAS COMPLETED. HIS TEAM DOES OUT STANDING WORK AND KEEP YOU INFORMED ON THE JOBS PROGRESS. HIS EMPLOYEES ARE RESPECTFUL AND WELL MANNERED. WHEN COMPLETED MY YARD WAS CLEAN AND NOT DAMAGED EVEN WITH THE RAIN WE HAD OVER NIGHT. THE APPROX 45ft OAK TREE THAT WAS PRUNED IS 20ft OFF MY HOUSE AND LOOKS AMAZING. MORE SUNLIGHT IS ABLE TO PASS THROUGH FOR THE SHRUBS ON THAT SIDE OF THE HOUSE. THEY ARE TRUE GENTLEMAN AND I WOULD REFER THEM TO ANYONE.

Description of Work
REMOVED 19 LARGE PINE TREES RANGING IN SIZE FROM APPROX 70FT TO OVER 100FT TALL AND 1FT TO +/-2.5FT IN DIAMETER. ALL STUMPS GROUNDED AND PRUNED A LARGE OAK TREE.

04/15/2016

Lena J.

Description of Work
removed 5 40' to 70' pine trees in backyard and one in front yard.Had to remove part of our fence to gain access to backyard we are ok with that since we have to replace fence anyway. Dave climbed all trees removed branches chopped tree from top guys on ground with ropes guided portions of trees safely to ground so as not to land on our house or other surrounding homes. 70'Tree in front yard more of a challenge due to hight and winds.They also grind the stubs of trees and hauled away debris. I would hire them again for tree removal and highly recommend them

03/22/2016

Jeffrey R.

We had several dead pines threatening our house and they removed them without incident. The owner was very responsive to our initial and follow-up calls unlike some other companies we contacted. We have more trees that likely will have to come down within a year or two and we'll definitely use these guys again.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed dead pines

Category tree service

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the kind words ! We do appreciate your business !!

03/18/2016

John C.

Gently used a big, loud piece of equipment. The young man working really knew what he was doing. No damage to grace, fence. Very happily satisfied. Prompt and efficient.

Description of Work
Grind a stump in our backyard

Category tree service

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the wonderful review ! We do appreciate you ! Thank you !

03/13/2016

Pamela L.

Very pleased with work quality, cleanup, and cost. I have used 3 other tree services - none of which I would use again. I would use The Arbory Tree Service again and would recommend them to others. They were very accommating when I added more to the job scope than I had originally requested.

Description of Work
Cut down trees

Category tree service

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed] for the kind words ! We appreciate your business !! Thank you !!

02/04/2016

B S.

The details are in the previous answer

Description of Work
Ground a large stump that a previous tree service failed to complete as promised. A dying tree of a neighbor hanging over my front yard, trimming it and cutting off a large extension,thus the dying tree looks more attractive. Ground a tree stump in back yard from a neighbors tree and removed a tree on my property behind my fence. This arrangement wa made the day before with the company while they were cutting trees down from my neighbor on 1/29/16 and they were doing what they promised on 1/30/16 when I arrived home from work. They even went that extra mile while blowing and cleaning the area near the dying tree getting a great portion of the leaves on the ground. Blew driveway and street. They were very professional, pleasant, delivered what they promised and get thorough and detailed. I even called the owner personally expressing my utmost satisfaction with the service received. I actually got more than expected and the price was the best I had been given. I would highly recommend this company and I would use them again.

01/19/2016

Charles C.

On time on a cold morning. Very efficient - done in two hours. Mr. Crutchfield was Professional and knowledgeable and pleasant. Trees/area looks good - cleaned up well. Everything done to satisfaction. Would use again and would recommend. Contacted me in advance of job and shared info/photos of what needed to be done. Probably helped with planning the job.

Description of Work
Trimmed branches, cut limbs, shaped tree, cut down small tree and removed debris.

01/17/2016

Julie W.

This is my 2nd time using this company and I couldn't be happier with their outstanding service ! I met with the owner Jon, he came out and gave me a free estimate. His price was lower than I had expected, he scheduled a time to come and perform the work. The guys showed up on time, actually a few minutes early. They were professional, courteous, and their main concern was my satisfaction with the work. They removed the trees and their clean up left my yard looking better than it did before they got here. This tree service goes above and beyond to assure their clients satisfaction . I recommend The Arbory to anyone looking for any kind of tree work. Definitely the best in the business !! Thank you Jon and the crew for another GREAT JOB !

Description of Work
Removed 3 large Pine trees, stump grinding and hauled everything off.

01/11/2016

Gary S.

Mr. Crutchfield and his two men actually arrived early and called me to let me know they would. They took care to do all the work that we needed and did a super job. They protected the yard and took care not to damage anything. They cleaned up after all the work they had done, raking and cleaning up in the yard, hauling off everything, and even blowing off the driveway and street. They did a great job. I would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Mr. Crutchfield and his crew cut down a Bradford pear tree that was diseased, ground the stump of that tree and ground one other stump that we have, and trimmed overhanging limbs over our back fence.

01/04/2016

Steve F.

Did a great job. Communicated well with me and explained what to expect. Performed very well. Great job with clean up also. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Cut trees and brush out of area in back yard. Cleaned everything up.

10/02/2015

Helen H.

When the consultant came to our home, he was on time, courteous and informative about how to treat my trees. When the worker came to prune the trees he was very professional, polite and knowledgeable about tree pruning. He went right to work without wasting any time and did an excellent job cleaning up when finished.

Description of Work
They pruned 6 trees.

06/03/2015

Julie W.

The Arbory crew showed up on time,and performed the work with great precision. I was so impressed at how they were able to get these trees down with no damage to home or yard, I couldn't even tell they had been there except for the fact the trees are gone. The crew was so polite and considerate and their main concern was my satisfaction. They removed the 4 trees, grinded the stumps and the clean up was impeccable !! The price was great. I highly recommend them to anyone needing tree work. Great Job !!!!

Description of Work
Removed 4 large pine trees and provided stump grinding services.

06/03/2015

Donna D.

Amazing job! We were so pleased with the way the workers cleaned up after themselves. We did absolutely nothing but enjoy the results. The workers were courteous polite and helpful! Thank you Arbory Tree Service for a wonderful experience - when it is so hard to find reliable workers these days.m

Description of Work
Remove all dead limbs in our trees and topped several trees