Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Augusta, GA
There are 12 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Augusta
- DependaCoat LLCWe have nothing but great things to say about this company! Jonathan made the entire process easy from start to finish. We had our home painted and we were very pleased with the service! The workers were very courteous and checked with us throughout the process. They were very thorough with their work and paid close attention to detail to help us achieve a beautiful transformation! We could not have asked for a better experience! We highly recommend Dependacoat
- Dynamic FinishingsThis was by far the easiest project I have ever completed with a contractor. It was smooth sailing from the beginning and they kept us in the loop all the way. Not only were they polite but they were genuine and honest about what needed to be done. They repaired a prior contractors work and it blew my mind how good it was. They always cleaned up after their work and made sure to have me check on it every step of the way. I’m going to be hiring them for many more projects and I recommended them to everybody who I work with. They are the best contracting group in the CSRA. Larry is a top notch guy who I am happy to do business with again. The room is flawless and they make sure that we were satisfied with the job before signing the completion of contract. An added bonus was they were great with our fur kids and we’re understanding of our crazy work hours. Thank you to Larry and the team
- Dynamic FinishingsWe were extremely impressed with the work performed. We thought everyone on the team was extremely nice and strived to make sure we were happy with the outcomes of our home remodel. We will definitely use them again in the future. Best quality for price in the area and couldn't be any happier.
- Dynamic FinishingsIt went beautifully! Isn't that a strange thing to say in a review for a contractor? Yes, it is strange for anyone but Larry Keel at Dynamic Finishings. They're that good! Larry and the rest of his Dynamic Finishings team listened to what we wanted for our new kitchen---and set to work making our dream a reality. They were punctual, courteous, and respectful. Seriously, you will not find better folks. Period. Larry would always make himself available at the end of each day to discuss their progress and to field any questions we may have. Look at the images---two are from the old kitchen that looks like the inside of a closet painted green---while the new kitchen is a mini-marvel. That is 85 sq. ft. For real. And it feels big inside. Everything in this kitchen is first-rate. Picasso backsplash with hidden receptacles. Under-cabinet LED lighting. SubZero Fridge / Freezer Drawers that also serve as a country sideboard. A peninsula table of Cavalete UbaTuba Granite from Brazil---the beam holding up the table came from our old house and was Larry's idea. What a great idea! The beam was replaced in our old house on the hill in Augusta and this piece serves as a reminder of that house and supports the new table. Very creative. Italian commercial gas range, 24". Yes, in the corner to the right is a 18" dishwasher---sweet! Larry made all this happen. The tile, the paint, the molding---like those windows? I do! Talk about expanding the visuals, huh? Larry made that happen. Jacobean floor tint. LED spot lights and a pantry near the entrance. Farmhouse sink, 24"--with the faucet hardware that makes washing some pots a breeze. All Larry and his team. The granite was beautifully done. The cabinets are gorgeous. Larry lined all that up and had our best interests in mind throughout. Larry did all the plumbing---for water and gas. The images do not do his work justice---as good as they are. I'm so happy that I get to sit at the table and sip my coffee in the morning and watch the cardinals and the dragonflies flit by this wonderful view. It is something special. Larry and his crew at Dynamic Finishings are special. If you're considering having your kitchen remodeled, then please please please bring Larry in to have a conversation. You will not be disappointed. If they can make 85 sq. ft. shine like this---imagine how your kitchen could look? Larry remodeled our bathroom last year---I will submit a review next on that. That's amazing as well. But, then again, Larry is in the Amazing Business. Seriously. Images say it all
- Prescott & Sons ConstructionPerfect. Couldn’t ask for anything to have been done better or differently. Always punctual, very professional and completely trustworthy.
- Prescott & Sons ConstructionJosh and the whole team are phenomenal. They are great people, full of integrity, and extremely professional. We have been kept up to date at every step in the process and Josh personally inspects the progress almost every day. I would not hesitate to hire them again and recommend them without hesitation. If you want the job done right by absolutely top notch folks you can do no better
- DependaCoat LLCFrom the first time we met these guys at the Home Show to their follow up, everything could not have been better. We literally have a new exterior to our home and it is spectacular. They actually looked for problems with the wood and repaired everything, applied several coatings, d d*** near gave us a new refinished out decks and wood gave us the look of a new home. Friendly, professional and downright fun to have around. I Recommend these guys to anyone!!!
- Window World of CSRAThis is the reason I subscribe to Angie's List, to find quality companies like Window World. The company has been around for many years, and the local franchise has installation techs that have been on-board for years. To me, that's a sign the company is good to work for. Starting with the first contact, the rep brought over samples of window glaze with a heat lamp & Crookes radiometer and vinyl siding for demonstrations. There were no high-pressure sales tactics by Mark our rep; only a recommendation for the products that would be right for the house, and not what was most expensive. After that initial contact, my wife and I took a couple weeks to decide and gather other estimates. It was no contest. When it came to estimates and tax considerations, and quality of work, Window World has them beat. The removal and installation phase was methodical and thorough. Attention was paid to detail with verbal progress reports periodically. Any questions I had were answered. I was told the installers, Tyler and Truit (sp?) have worked together as a team for the company for years. They handled every aspect of the contract with very good results. They cleaning up daily, and covered unfinished areas if it looked like rain was coming. Which brings me to one of two suggestions when it comes to having work like this done... We held off having the work done until the fall because of seasonal plants around the house and because of pre-existing termite damage that had to be dealt with. However, the termite damage repair (by Borden Pest Control) went on far too long, and not done correctly as the Window World installers discovered and amended. The consequence was having work start when it was too cold, (especially in the mornings) to work with vinyl siding materials. Tyler managed his time well by doing other things like metal fabrication in the freezing weather, but there was only so much that could be done until the temps got warmer. To add to the freezing weather issues, there were many consecutive days of hard rain. He apologized often and said a job like this would normally take a fraction of the time, but there really wasn't anything that could be done about the weather. Botton line: Look forward a couple weeks to see how the weather is going to be. The other suggestion is, if you can afford it, to have all the work, (siding, windows, doors, etc) performed on one contract. There is a preferred, logical, order of work to make things easier on the installers. There was a package discount as well. Overall quality: I expected the outcome to be good, (given what we had on our residence already), but the result was far better than I imagined. We haven't had a warranty work request yet, but if or when that time comes, it shouldn't be an issue. It appears they are prompt at answering warranty calls in reading other posts. I will update this post to reflect any warranty work. Price: Initially, there was some sticker shock in all the estimates I received from different companies. But a little research showed this was a good price. There were no cost adjustments on my part, in the work outlined on the estimate and contract. Case-in-point: Grovetown unexpectedly, and considerably, raised their permit fees. Window World assumed that added cost. Lastly. if there was any question on building materials specified, Window World gave me the benefit of the doubt. They did have very low interest financing available, but if you can swing it, use a points-based Amex and pay it off at the end of the month for added bonus. Payment was made with 50% up front, and 50% upon completion and inspection. Afterthought: The rep and installers gave suggestions when asked, for color and material styling to make a home look updated. This was very helpful. Update (April 2015): All windows, doors, and siding working as they should. Still very happy with the quality of work
- BTL Construction Services LLCMike came out for the site visit within 48 hours of our calling him for an estimate, and provided the estimate within 24 hours of the visit. He had repaired our deck within the week so that it was perfectly level and new posts were set on new concrete footings. The installation of the windows and doors took two days. All three doors were set the first day, then the windows were set the second day. All were trimmed out on the second day. At the end of the work day Mike and his partner cleaned the area and left things very tidy. They arrived promptly and were extremely professional. While on the roof setting the windows, they found a nail hole in a roof tile that might have become a leak, so they sealed it. They also blew off the leaves while they were up there! I asked if they could replace a fogged slider door in the basement with one they had removed from the upstairs, and Mike cheerfully agreed and had it done before leaving. Once finished, they blew the sawdust and leaves from the driveway, packed up all debris and trash, and removed it from our property. Ordering our windows from Window Concepts and hiring Mike separately made better economical sense by allowing us to get a better quality window and door, and having an installer who cares about his work. Mike is a perfectionist and goes above and beyond to make his customers happy. I will definitely be calling him again to help with future repairs and projects
- Window World of CSRAWe purchased a house that had older single pane windows, no screens, no storm windows. Not being able to open windows for fresh air was frustrating. The house also had three sliding doors leading from the family room and they were old and discolored. After speaking to the representative, we determined we could replace one of the sliding doors with a large window. The crew showed up on time and the work on the windows went very fast. Once started, the workers didn't quit until the majority of the job was done and it was getting dark. The sliding door we replaced with a window proved a bit of a problem because leaking had caused some rot in the floor. Plus the glass replacement was not tempered and had to be reordered. Our carpenter came and repaired the floor and the new window delivered and installed. In every step, the Windows World acted very professionally, answered all questions I had. The installers were polite and tried to be as non-intrusive as possible. They cleaned up every trace of their work before they left. We anticipated an energy savings from the new double-paned windows and it has been substantial. In addition, we benefited when the ice storm left us without energy for four days. We would have been much colder if the old windows had still been in place. We appreciate the quality of the windows and ease in operation and cleaning. We have recommended this provider to any acquaintances thinking of window replacement. We truly believe that our home is much more comfortable now plus new windows and doors enhanced as well as added value to our property. We are very satisfied customers. And we are enjoying the fresh air once again
Contractors in Augusta
- Business Description:FREE ESTIMATES!! We are one of the only roofing contractors in this area who rarely use sub-contractors. We handle 95% of all our work in house and maintain approx. 10 employees that work for us. We do this to insure a higher quality of work. The only time we sub out any work is if you simple feel comfortable with us and would like for us to manage other work outside our "scope"Recent Review:They came out and gave an estimate quickly. I am not upset because they could not get to it in a timely manner due to all the rain. They have done an excellent job and explained the whole process, were patient with me when I asked questions, and very professional. It is really nice to be able to trust workers on your property. They did a very professional job. Thank yoVirginia H.
- Business Description:Honey bees are our friends. but hey, who wants them in the house?! We provide statewide, live honey bee removal. We guarantee against re-infestation and our workmanship. We remove the bees, comb and put every thing back together again. Call us to move the the bee's home out of your home and save them too. If you leave a message, please provide full name, city and phone number where you can be reachedRecent Review:Josh pealed back my carpet, removed some planks, removed the hive without leaving a bee behind, replaced the planks, re-attached the carpet, and left the room as if he had never been there. A real pro.John S.
- Business Description:Rick's Concrete mission is to provide the highest-quality workmanship possible at a completive price, and because of our 40 years of experience in this industry. We succeed at this because of the integrity of our staff, our commitment to a solid work ethic, and our passion for staying current with the newest innovations for our industry, with consideration for the environmentRecent Review:Job went very smoothly and professionally no issues.Amy C.
- Business Description:Over 30 years experience in Home Building not to much we can't do.Recent Review:Russell Holsenback of R.H. Builders, LLC and his associate, Jose Reyes, just completed a screen porch replacement and replacement deck at our home. Their workmanship is excellent and we are extremely pleased with the resulting changes. They also built a drainage and outflow system effectively eliminating a water runoff issue away from the house to the outer yard. They are pleasant individuals who make a dynamic duo with their skillset, experience, knowledge, and expertise. Russell’s experience in his craft is extensive and is reflected in the first cut of wood, the first screw placed, and the first nail pounded. He listens well, makes sound suggestions, and is amenable to design/build changes. His skillset has been honed through the years by sheer practical participation and encountering events in his trade. He has a “can do” attitude with a great motto that he lives by, “there are no problems, just solutions”. Among the many talents of Jose is one of being a tile setter. He is meticulous in measuring, thoughtful in design ensuring precision cuts with clean edges and straight lines, and he seeks your opinion along the process. We are indeed happy with Russell and Jose and their craftsmanship in our remodel projectMarty L.
- Business Description:Professional Home Remodeling and Handyman services ....Owner/ Operator on all jobs....no employees... cash or check on job completion.Recent Review:We are very pleased with the work that Mr. Murray did in our home. He was conscientious and meticulous in doing what we’d asked him to do. He was dependable and punctual. We plan to use his services again for future projectsKathryn B.
- Business Description:Dynamic Finishings is a local company that has been servicing the CSRA's remodeling needs since 2012. Dynamic Finishings prides itself on surpassing the customer's expectations and finishing on time and budget. If you are looking for a company with local accountability that possess a wide range of skills instead of outside subcontractors, then Dynamic Finishings is here for you. With a focus on new construction, custom bathrooms, tile finishings, USG & Schluter shower systems, flooring instal..Recent Review:This review is long overdue. In February 2019, I had Larry with Dynamic Finishings replace vinyl flooring in my kitchen with wood look porcelain tile. I marvel everyday at what an awesome job. It turned out even better than I had hoped. Larry is extremely detail oriented and super focused on completing the job in a timely fashion and addressing any and all concerns that you may have. I plan on doing a little bathroom update in the future and know exactly who to callS.Mellonie W.
- Business Description:Tallent’s Construction is a family owned and operated local business. We started in June 1997 we are a local/ family owend business we handle all aspects of the residental construction from cleaning the plans to getting the building permitds, delivery of materials, all construction and clean up of jobRecent Review:Great, the Tallent crew do a very nice job.Richard P.
- Business Description:Our company takes pride in providing our customers with the assistance they need! Small black owned business with the ability to travel near and far. No job is too big or too small. Our main list of duties includes drywall repair, carpentry, painting (interior/exterior), framing, any and most indoor/outdoor repairs, fencing repairs, demolition, pressure washing, etc. You need it? We can do it.Recent Review:1) priced good 2)came in hours later than we were told, one night being 8pm only to promise to be back the next day first thing. Found out he took another job before finishing ours. Came back the following day after that to finish our job knowing our kids had slept on the floor for weeks and eagerly awaited him to finish their room. 3)never covered personal belongings from getting drywall debris on them. 4) took it upon himself to use a brand new stock pot downstairs to mix drywall putty and not clean it afterwords. Found days after he left. 5) left the garage and downstairs bedroom a mess. 6) never sanded putty down for a smooth surface on our ceiling. And last but not least took OUR spray bottle of water marked " WATER" on it for misting my kids banana ball python and emptied it without our knowledge and put paint thinner in it. Thank God my daughter was emptying it to put in fresh water when she found that out. Be careful with these peopleChristy C.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We are a local Roofing Contractor & Builder that has been in business since 1980, We also have won numerous awards over the years we pride our self on doing the job right the first time. We have two employees, and 50+ local sub-contractors. Our company is fully license, insured & bonded as well as all of our sub-contractors areRecent Review:I had the best experience with this company! They were very responsive and got a rep out to my house to give me a quote very quickly. When I had a question, they were quick to email me back. I was also very impressed with the quick turn around. Within a week from getting the quote, I had a new roof. The work crew was very professional and did a great job cleaning up all the mess and making sure there were no lingering nails laying around the yard. The customer service from this company can not be matched and I would 100% recommend them to everyoneMelody P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- North Augusta
- Beech Island
- New Ellenton
general contractors in Augusta
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Gunn Company3817 Clanton Road
- A+ REMODELING1036 HINTON ST
- A1 Augusta Contruction1508 Tara Court
- Affordable Maintenance375 S Louisville St
- Affordable Roofing and Gutter Services LLC135 Mock Rd 357 Boxcar Dr
- Ahoy Construction, Inc.610 Hamilton Road
- Aiken Handyman2370 Falcon Hill Dr
Aiken, South Carolina
- All Pro Gutters, LLC2565 Wheeless Rd
- Augusta Pro Painting/ CSRA flooring and Remodeling836 Ann St
- AUGUSTA REMODELING & CONSTRUCTION3876 WRIGHTSBORO RD
- Augusta Remodeling and More...5579 Eagleridge Dr.
- A Gunn Company
- Cecil Herrin Construction398 Green Leaf Dr
- Chuck Carter5778 Brian Ln
- Craigs Handyman and Service134 Whaley Pond Rd
Graniteville, South Carolina
- Creadd Construction & Homes5828 Lanatte Ln
- Creative Construction Solutions3211 Old Louisville Rd.
- CSRA Footings Foundation & More...218 Pine Log Rd
Beech Island, South Carolina
- CURRY HOME IMPROVEMENTPO Box 189
- Custom Kraftworks224 Farmington Dr
- Cecil Herrin Construction
- Ken Starnes Residential605 Flatwood court
North Augusta, South Carolina
- Ken Starnes Residential
- New Look Renovations210 Pecan Dr
- New Look Renovations
- ONE CALL HANDYMAN SERVICES3876 WRIGHTSBORO RD
- ONE CALL HANDYMAN SERVICES
- Payton Thompson Construction4574 Dewey Dr
- Peach State Lawn Care409 Pleasant Home Rd
- Posillico BuildersPO Box 1745
Mc Cormick, South Carolina
- Premium Home Services305 Lochleven Court
- Prescott & Sons Construction121 E Marion Ave
North Augusta, South Carolina
- Payton Thompson Construction
- QW Refinishing4A Shaddohill Pl
North Augusta, South Carolina
- QW Refinishing
- R L Hayes Roofing & Repairs LLC750 Meadow Hill Drive
- R&B Total Home1219 Oak Ridge Plantation Rd
- RAM Construction Group101 Broad St
- RCC Handyman services1896 Bob Arrington Rd
- RH Builders2855 Piper Road
Ridge Spring, South Carolina
- Rhino Woodworking LLC1709 Ethan Way
- Richard Gentry1073 Curlee Church Road
- Ricks Concrete
- RJS Alchemy LLC4477 Hereford Farm Road
- Ross River Contracting, LLC4804 High Meadows Dr
- Royer's Home Improvement & Repair128 Shawns Way
- R L Hayes Roofing & Repairs LLC
- Seals Home Improvenment619 Cherokee Dr
North Augusta, South Carolina
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Southeast Bee Removal477 Coastline Rd.
- Southern Construction and Remodeling, LLC210 Amelia Dr W
- Southern Heritage Home Improvements4905 Old Waynesboro Rd
- Steve Murray1948 Shoreline Drive
- STEWART BUILDERS INC237 Chesterfield St N
Aiken, South Carolina
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Streamline Painting and Home Improvement732 Hickory Oak Hollow
- Seals Home Improvenment