Moisture issues in your basement can lead to major problems with your home and your health. This guide will go over both interior and exterior waterproofing methods to help you determine the best solution for your home.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Augusta, GA
There are 6 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Augusta
- Sundown Construction & WaterproofingI can not say enough great things about this company! We had a large job that had to be done. Ms. Patti, Billy and Shawn worked their tails off for us. We had several issues with our yard. We had a spring pop up in our yard that caused a swamp. We also had water coming in to our crawl space from the outside. They water sealed the back and side of our home and installed a French Drain system with catch basins. These guys were super friendly, reliable, trustworthy, and just all around great guys. We couldn’t have found a better price for this quality of work and we are super blessed we found them to do our job
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCAbsolute best experience with this company! Everyone involved was very professional and always willing to answer any questions. The work they do is top notch! Just great people and a great company!
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCWe knew our “new to us” house needed a replacement vapor barrier when we purchased it so we enlisted Joel’s company to assist with what needed to be done. Joel came to our home and walked through all the rooms, closets, under the house, looked at air returns, etc. to see what was really going on with the house. We had hardwood floors that were always cold and bowed up on the edges; a hallway that smelled and felt like a damp cave all the time. He measured the humidity in the walls and then educated us on what was going on. We needed an encapsulation system under our house! When the job started the team showed up on time every day to get the new vapor barrier completed (took just over a week). Joel was there on the first day to get things started, a couple times during the week, and again on the last day where he personally sanitized inside the house. Everything that was removed from the house, the team bagged it all up and hauled it away. We did not even have to vacate the house during the work due to the process that they use. A week after the job and we are already noticing a huge difference in the way our house smells and feels! Thank you to Joel and his professional team
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCGreat. It was a big project but all went smoothly. Joel and his crew were very professional, punctual and accommodating. We have had a few questions and issues arise months later and they are happy to help and can usually run by within a few days.
- Carolina Mold Solutions LLCI can not say enough great things about this company. The prices are VERY competitive and everyone involved with the company was very personable and professional. During the initial consultation Joel really took the time to make sure that I understood everything that needed to be done and answered any questions that I had. They were always on time and available to talk when I had any questions. Joel (the owner) personally attended the job to make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. His crew really took the time to do a very thorough cleaning and make sure all of the water and mold was removed from my basement. They did a fantastic job. They go above and beyond to please their customers. After his crew finished the job they waited around for an hour for me to get home (even though they had a very long drive home) just to make sure I was happy with everything they did and answer any questions that I had. If you are looking for someone to take care of any flood/mold issues these guys are it! They dont have a big corporate structure so customer service is FANTASTIC and Joel personally communicates with his customers and makes sure they are 100% satisfied
- Aiken Pest Control IncWere very knowledgeable, punctual and courteous. Worked all day for 5 straight days and did an excellent job. Installed 2 dehumidifiers. They also put termite bait containers around our entire house.
- BARTON & BARTON CONTRACTING CO INCExcellent Job!!! If you are looking to have your foundation stabilized, then look no further. Barton and Barton is the company you need to call. This company will give you 110% or better. Greg and Doug are the owners of the company, very professional, and both men of their word. Their team of workers were very proficient. They exhibited great manners, dedication to the job and a wealth of knowledge. They did a great job of making me feel comfortable with the tedious process of stabalizing and lifting / leveling my home. Greg ensured that I understood every step of the process. I would not hesitate to hire them again for other repairs on my home
- BARTON & BARTON CONTRACTING CO INCGreg arrived for the estimate on time and called back within two with a verbal estimate. The work crew arrived on site the day after the contract was signed and stayed on the job until work was completed, about 5 and a half days. The contractor found other areas which needed repair and added to the contract so that the work was completed while the crew was on site. The work was done competently and without any delays. They took care not to damage existing plants by spreading plastic on the ground and dumping dirt on the plastic and cleaning up entirely after they left. My wife was very impressed that they cleaned up the site daily. She told them that she would be happy to give them a testimonial at any time. She said that we should be raving about the quality of their work. This is the best contractor experience I've had in my 65 years
- BARTON & BARTON CONTRACTING CO INCThey did a great job, worked steadily, cleaned up everything, were very nice, and explained everything. They painted the door where needed and re-caulked where needed.
- BARTON & BARTON CONTRACTING CO INCThese guys did a great job. They responded promptly when we first contacted them. They showed up on time or called when they could not make it. They did a quality job quickly and cleaned up after themselves. I would recommend them to anyone needing their service. I was impressed by their professionalism
Basement Waterproofers in Augusta
- Business Description:Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe homeRecent Review:Interestingly, I had a very similar experience to another reviewer who had a quote done by a Canty salesperson. Let me just preempt that I don't go out of my way to write a negative review. It really has to be something where I morally feel I need to warn others on "Buyer Beware". This is exactly that type of review. And to be clear, the other negative review was read for the first time 2 days after my appointment. I do not jump on bandwagons. This is my actual experience. Like the other reviewer, the "saleperson", a friendly, energetic, good-looking, well-dressed young fellow came out and did a measurement of the perimeter. He went under into the crawl space but was there for 30ish minutes. This pales in comparison to other (literally 4 foundation companies) who went under and spent quality time inspecting 23 piers. When the salesperson emerged from the crawlspace, it was "Whew! That is really bad!! Your house won't stay up for another 2 years!!". This is a 1930s house that has dry-stacked piers - hasn't moved yet! But let's put that aside. He proceeded to tell me that I need to replace ALL 23 piers at $900.00 per pier, a $20,700 quote!! Here's the kicker: Remember I had several companies in already to look at my foundation. Not one company said I need to replace ALL piers. Instead they each gave very realistic view of my foundation. I had one huge competitor who was in my crawlspace for 3 hours and he gave an in-depth write-up along with a diagram of where my piers sat and his recommendations along with optional recommendations. An 8 page write up and he wasn't close to being the highest quote. But not Canty! Canty does not give your an analysis of your existing foundation. Canty does NOT offer solutions. THEY DO NOT REPAIR!! They only replace! He did not go over issues individually because it did not matter to him. He was going for the full replacement based upon his "warranty". More on that in a sec. Had I known, I would have never made an appointment with them which I waited over 3 weeks for. How absolutely greedy can you be? My other 4 companies all averaged between $6K-$10K. This salesperson's excuse? "Well we warranty it so we have to do them all". No dear, you warranty the product not the items you do not do. Your logic and the rebuttal you have been fed to serve to customers does not apply to an educated researched person. Lastly, they use a jack-system but only warranty it for 25 years. Huh? 25 years? They say its the manufacturer's warranty but Canty does not warranty at all. I would hope my house stays up for another 25, 50, 100+, years but you saying on the 26 year, I may be looking at another $20,000 estimate from Canty because you can't guarantee the quality of your product? This is not a car. This is a house! No thank you! You clearly don't stand behind your product. You clearly don't do what is in the best interest of the customer. And you will never have my business! If this review helps one household to look at their full scope options, research and educate yourself on what is the real issues with your foundation and then make the best decision (whether its Canty or not), this review has done its job. Please do your researchDana A.
- Business Description:Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experie..Recent Review:Made sure all was properly installed and working appropriatelyWinston K.
- Business Description:For more than 60 years, ’58 Foundations has provided the highest-quality basement waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation, foundation repair, and mold remediation solutions for homes and commercial properties. We lead with a promise of Trusted Five-Star Service, which means the customer experience is at the center of everything we do. Since 1958, we have been steadfast in keeping this promise and in upholding the values on which '58 Foundations was built: trust, teamwork, integrity, respect a..Recent Review:I really wanted to have a good review for BDry. The original salesperson was very friendly and helpful, and the team who came out was very respectful and really worked hard. And for starters, the system was finally installed, and my basement is waterproofed. That being said, I will not be recommending them to others. A one day job turned into 3 drawn out weeks between scheduling BDry to come out a second and third time to finish the "one day" job and to repair mistakes and then also having to reschedule our very busy contractor multiple times to work around BDry's schedule. This resulted in several days without pay for my wife and several wasted personal days that I had to take off from teaching. All told, they did not even fix everything when they came out to do repairs as the onsite worker had told me they would. They had ripped up some of our epoxied basement floor with tape (accidentally), but then when I spoke with a representative about it, they essentially said that they didn't deal with small things like that and that it was my problem. Fortunately, we had just had the epoxy done the past year so we could still find it in store. Unfortunately, the stuff only comes in a $117 container. The biggest issues came with the original salesman giving us certain specifications that we had to have met with demo work before they could come and install the system. Those were communicated to our contractor: "Cut the studs one foot up from the wall". We made sure this happened. When they arrived, they said it had to be demo-ed even further and were going to charge me a fee for it, even though we had demo-ed the way they told us. That was sorted out, and we weren't charged the fee. However, they then proceeded to cut halfway up our walls, mutilating the studs and the drywall above it with the precision of elephants. This translated to a lot of extra labor and a bit more in material costs for our contractor. Our contractor then helped put together an estimate for how much more BDry directly cost us, and it amounted to $400. $400 was a good bit more for us to be paying right now, but I thought it would be no problem at all to get BDry to cover that for us, especially since we weren't even factoring in all of my wife's lost wages. They were resolute in not giving me any discount, insisting that I should be satisfied with them "Not charging me the $300 demo fee", which is irrelevant since it was their mistake that they had to demo more in the first place. Overall, while I am very relieved that the basement is finally finished, I am exhausted from this process dragging on and am very displeased with the company's lack of consideration for our time or the extra money they cost us. I will not be considering them in the future, and I will be warning as many others away from them as possibleAnthony A.
- Business Description:At Healthy Crawl Space, we serve our customers with the best value for our high-quality work. Call today for a free no pressure Estimate!
- Business Description:We specialize in moisture control for crawlspaces and basements. Our team of professionals use the highest quality products and are focused on getting projects done in a timely manner with you, the customer in mind. Vapor barriers Crawlspace encapsulations Dehumidifiers Subfloor insulation Sump pumps and interior drains Fungal treatments Wood repair (moisture and termite damaged)Recent Review:Crawlspace Medic - Augusta recently worked on our crawlspace. We were having moisture and water issues, a moisture barrier we previously put in had almost disintegrated, and originally-installed insulation was falling down. Kevin did a thorough inspection and gave me a comprehensive estimate, and his crew arrived timely and went right to work. They constructed a French drain within the crawlspace to drain off any water that would collect under the house, installed new insulation between all floor joists in the crawlspace, and installed a new, white 10-mil vapor barrier throughout the crawlspace. They taped over the seams and spiked the vapor barrier. We had previously installed an exhaust fan. They cleaned up the debris, and the crawlspace looks better than it ever has since we built our home in 1996. They worked continuously and did an excellent job. Tanner was very conscientious and came back to finish up. We are very pleased with the work they did on our home and feel so much better and secure about our crawlspaceGary S.
- Business Description:When pests or termites move in, you want the ultimate weapon to take them out: Terminix, America’s leading provider of termite and pest control. It's no wonder more than 2.7 million customers trust us to protect their homes and families from the havoc that unwanted intruders can create. You can look to us for a wide range of services to protect your home top to bottom, inside and out: Insulation Service, Moisture Control Solutions, Rodent and Wildlife Service and more. We can even help you wi..Recent Review:No problems at all and I've been using them for years.David T.
- Business Description:We provide waterproofing and drainage solutions. If you have a problem with a soggy yard, wet basement, water under your home, water getting into your garage, or any standing water issue; we can help.Recent Review:I can not say enough great things about this company! We had a large job that had to be done. Ms. Patti, Billy and Shawn worked their tails off for us. We had several issues with our yard. We had a spring pop up in our yard that caused a swamp. We also had water coming in to our crawl space from the outside. They water sealed the back and side of our home and installed a French Drain system with catch basins. These guys were super friendly, reliable, trustworthy, and just all around great guys. We couldn’t have found a better price for this quality of work and we are super blessed we found them to do our jobLeslie E.
- Business Description:Carolina Mold Solutions provides mold prevention, remediation, and testing services for residential and commercial clients in the Carolinas. With 30 years experience working with customers, owner Joel Few is personally committed to making sure that every job is done right. Moisture management is the key to preventing mold growth. Whether humidity mitigation is causing indoor issues, or direct moisture intrusion has caused unseen mold growth, we have the experience and resources to break down ..Recent Review:Excellent job. Started the job promptly and continued till the job it was completely 100% done. Very professional. These guys know what to do and get it done. I would highly recommend them.James G.
- Business Description:Biotek Environmental Mold Removal serves the state of South Carolina and parts of Georgia and North Carolina with offices in Columbia, SC and Greenville, SC. Biotek provides mold and moisture related services (investigation and remediation), flood recovery, fire restoration, crawlspace moisture control, encapsulation and dehumidification, steam pressure washing and carpet cleaning services. We know that you have many companies to choose from, and recognize that our success depends completely ..Recent Review:Very well. Professional staff. Work was completed in timely mannerKathy J.
- Business Description:NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB.Recent Review:Contractor never responded to initial request for quote nor a follow-up message through Angie's List web site.Jim B.
Deals in Augusta for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Flooding is devastating for homeowners, but you need to act quick to minimize water damage and mold. Contact your insurance company, grab protective equipment, and follow this flood remediation checklist to restore your home after a flood.
There’s no worse feeling than seeing water in your basement. But a little prevention, from sealing to drainage, can help avoid a wet disaster. Learn the best ways to waterproof your basement, and which method is the right one for your home.
Find waterproofing contractors in
- North Augusta
- Beech Island
- New Ellenton
waterproofing contractors in Augusta
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- '58 Foundations500 Arnold Mill Way
- '58 Foundations
- A+ REMODELING1036 HINTON ST
- A+ REMODELING
- Carolina Heating & Air Inc575 Howlandville Rd
WARRENVILLE, South Carolina
- chadwick's painting28 obannion ct.
WARRENVILLE, South Carolina
- Clarks Termite & Pest Control405 Western Ln
Irmo, South Carolina
- Crawlspace Medic - Augusta4492 Washington Rd
- Creadd Construction & Homes5828 Lanatte Ln
- CSRA Lawn & Sprinkler, LLC515 Sweet meadow dr
- Carolina Heating & Air Inc
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- GoodWood Designs599 Wire Rd
Aiken, South Carolina
- GoodWood Designs
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Hargrove Pest Solutions4345 B Columbia Rd
- Healthy-Crawl Space26 Franklin Creek Rd S
- Hill's Homescaping107 Alpine Dr
Aiken, South Carolina
- Hill's Remodeling & Handyman Service176 Gilbert Parkway
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- Leslie's Roofing LLC6220 Falcon Ln
- Leslie's Roofing LLC
- Terminix - Columbia -Termite & Pest Control1828 Pineview Dr
Columbia, South Carolina
- Terminix - Columbia -Termite & Pest Control
- Vendrell And SonsPO Box 14451
- Vendrell And Sons