Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Santa Clara, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Santa Clara
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey were very punctual, thorough and professional. It was a bit pricey, IMHO, but they did a great job and I would recommend them.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
- Vegvary Land SurveyingAs a new home owner, I contacted Mr. Vegvary for land surveying. He was strongly recommended by several neighbors. He kindly pointed out that my property was surveyed in 2004 and advised to contact the original company. He even attached the survey document for my reference which he didn't need to do. I really appreciate his honesty and professionalism
- Scan TechBoth Peter and Jose were very professional but friendly. The work was quick and unobtrusive. They scanned our property for pipes that were laid before we purchased the house. They identified and marked where the existing water, sewer, and electrical lines ran through our back yard. They even supplied the depth every ten feet, so we know where and how to dig for any projects we have in the future. They were also very knowledgeable and helpful with everything I asked about. They pointed out issues we should be aware of, including possible failures on certain exposed conduits, as well as the likely condition of the pipes in and out. I highly recommend their services. They are great to work with and very pleasant people
- JAMES P TANNERI live in a flood zone with an unknown base flood elevation (Zone A) and consequently I have exorbitant flood insurance rates. Jim Tanner came highly recommended so I called him and he was immediately helpful. He spoke to me without commitment over the phone for about 15 minutes, explaining the technical nuances and my alternatives. He assured me that there was a good probability I could get my rates reduced with a proper survey. He told me not to waste my money in other ways. In addition, he said that his services would be free if I didn't get a substantial reduction in my insurance rates! My only criticism is that he's so busy it's hard to get him to come to your property. We set up a date which he couldn't make because he ran out of time doing other work, and we had to reset the date to the following week. He is, however, generally very easy to reach by phone and is a great guy, easy to talk to. Once he came by he was very efficient and did the survey, explaining all the numbers and giving me all the documentation. Highly recommended
- KCA ENGINEERINGEverything from the person who answered the phone, their call backs, to the work, to the technicians were great.
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Santa Clara
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- San Jose,
- Mountain View,
- Los Altos,
- Los Altos Hills,
- East Palo Alto,
- Palo Alto,
- Los Gatos,
- Menlo Park,
- Monte Sereno,
- Portola Valley,
- La Honda,
- Union City,
- Redwood City,
- Boulder Creek
land surveyors in Santa Clara
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors1206 S. Amphlett Blvd. Suite 3
San Mateo, California 94402
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- MG Constructors & Engineers15650 Vineyard Blvd Ste A # 232
Morgan Hill, California 95037
- MG Constructors & Engineers
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING