Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Mountain View, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Mountain View
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsBRYAN PERFORMED THE ORIGINAL SURVEY ON OUR PROPERTY JUST AFTER PURCHASE AND HAS CONTINUED TO PROVIDE AMAZING SERVICE WHEN NEEDED SINCE. HE RECENTLY WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AS WE WORKED TO RESOLVE A CONFLICT WITH A NEIGHBOR REGARDING THE TRUE LOCATION OF THE PROPERTY LINE.
- JAMES P TANNERI live in a flood zone with an unknown base flood elevation (Zone A) and consequently I have exorbitant flood insurance rates. Jim Tanner came highly recommended so I called him and he was immediately helpful. He spoke to me without commitment over the phone for about 15 minutes, explaining the technical nuances and my alternatives. He assured me that there was a good probability I could get my rates reduced with a proper survey. He told me not to waste my money in other ways. In addition, he said that his services would be free if I didn't get a substantial reduction in my insurance rates! My only criticism is that he's so busy it's hard to get him to come to your property. We set up a date which he couldn't make because he ran out of time doing other work, and we had to reset the date to the following week. He is, however, generally very easy to reach by phone and is a great guy, easy to talk to. Once he came by he was very efficient and did the survey, explaining all the numbers and giving me all the documentation. Highly recommended
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.I liked Wilson Land Surveys Inc. He was good. His price came in better than anybody else's. He did the work. He was a good guy.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI contacted Wade to see if he'd be able to come out and verify just two of the many corners of my property border. My land is a big lot that borders a good number of smaller lots that curve around it, so there are probably around 10 corners to the property. There was an enormous diseased tree within feet of what we thought was the property line, so, since we just bought the property a few months prior and didn't know about the tree, we wanted to make sure the tree was ours and the cost burden to remove it was ours. I will say that as a new homeowner, this is my first experience with pricing something like this so I did get quite a sticker shock. I wasn't able to get to the pricing stage with other surveyors I contacted because the first two I called were booked out for longer than I had available (I had a notice from the city with a deadline). I thought that $1400 was definitely a lot for marking two spots, but needed to get it done. In a long-ago past life I had a summer job on a surveying crew for road construction, so I know a little bit about what goes into it and I wasn't expecting to pay that much. However, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that it was in the ballpark of a going rate. At the time I was between a rock and hard place finding someone that had the availability, and now that it's said and done and paid I almost wouldn't want to know otherwise. I completely confess my ignorance in this regard. As far as the execution of the work, no complaints at all. He was responsive to my initial inquiry, prompt in scheduling the work, filed records with the city in a timely manner, and gave me the information I was looking for. (The suspense must be killing you - so, yes, the tree was on my property. It was a bummer but I was totally prepared for that outcome, decided to do the survey because the peace of mind was worth it, knowing I wasn't paying thousands to remove the tree if it wasn't my obligation.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- JAMES P TANNERI can't tell you how helpful and professional Jim was. I gave him a call and told him that we wanted to complete a Letter of Map Amendment for our property (which had been designated Zone AO). He asked me a few questions, then said he would do some research and call me back. When he called back, he explained that we had been misdesignated and needed to contact our mortgage company about it. Jim explained everything incredibly clearly and offered to complete a declaration form for me if I needed it, but suggested I try to fight without it first. After a few phone calls and some faxing, I was able to convince the flood company that did the original designation that they were wrong... no more flood insurance! And all because he was kind and professional enough to do the research and tell me the truth. Needless to say I will be sending him a nice little thank you gift. It's the least I can do for someone who just saved me hundreds of dollars a year
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Mountain View
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Los Altos,
- Los Altos Hills,
- East Palo Alto,
- Palo Alto,
- Santa Clara,
- Menlo Park,
- Portola Valley,
- Redwood City,
- San Jose,
- La Honda,
- San Carlos,
- Union City,
- Foster City,
- Half Moon Bay
land surveyors in Mountain View
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Aesthetic Gardens425 Lano St
Willow Glen, California 95125
- Aesthetic Gardens
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors1206 S. Amphlett Blvd. Suite 3
San Mateo, California 94402
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING