When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Newark, CA
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Newark
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI sent Wade an email requesting that they survey one side of my property boundaries. He promptly sent me a price. I sent one additional email clarifying the number of points he would be marking and requesting the date when he could do the work. He clarified which points they would mark and gave me the date. He requested a deposit which I made on his website with my credit card. His crew showed up promptly. They actually arrived a little early but explained they needed to start in the street and wanted to get started before there was a lot of traffic. The promptly went to work and completed work within a few hours. They showed me the property line markers and answered all my questions about the property line location. By end of day they had emailed me a document showing the location of the markers and they also filed with the county. In addition they also mailed me a copy of the documents
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
- JAMES P TANNERI live in a flood zone with an unknown base flood elevation (Zone A) and consequently I have exorbitant flood insurance rates. Jim Tanner came highly recommended so I called him and he was immediately helpful. He spoke to me without commitment over the phone for about 15 minutes, explaining the technical nuances and my alternatives. He assured me that there was a good probability I could get my rates reduced with a proper survey. He told me not to waste my money in other ways. In addition, he said that his services would be free if I didn't get a substantial reduction in my insurance rates! My only criticism is that he's so busy it's hard to get him to come to your property. We set up a date which he couldn't make because he ran out of time doing other work, and we had to reset the date to the following week. He is, however, generally very easy to reach by phone and is a great guy, easy to talk to. Once he came by he was very efficient and did the survey, explaining all the numbers and giving me all the documentation. Highly recommended
- JAMES P TANNERMr. Tanner called us back immediately after we called him. After describing what we wanted to do, he told us he didn't think we needed a survey and suggested to us what he thought we should do. His suggestion was very informative and that is what we ended up doing.
- LAMB SURVEYING INC.THE COMPANY CAME TO OUR PROPERTY AT THE TIME SET BY US FOR OUR APPOINTMENT. THEY TOLD US HOW LONG THE SURVEY WOULD TAKE AND BEGIN TO SET THE PROPERTY LINES WITH FLAGS AND STAKES. THEY THEN DIAGRAMED THE PROPERTY LINES FOR THE COUNTY PROPOSAL.
Land Surveyors in Newark
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:Providing land surveying services to homeowners, architects, and contractors.Recent Review:No one called or emailed me. No discussion or work was done.Coral E.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..Recent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:We provide all aspects of Land Surveying for both commercial and residential customers.
- Business Description:State Lic.-PLS 6323 - Boundary & Topographic - Construction Layout - Record Of Surveys - Subdivision/Parcel Maps - Legal Descriptions - Aerial Surveys - ALTA Surveys - Land Surveys - Land Surveying
- Business Description:Providing quality Land Surveying services at a fair price - as a land surveyor for more than 20 years, I have broad experience in all aspects of the profession
- Business Description:Wade's ability to solve and execute a diverse set of obstacles, guarantees customers successful job completion. He gives clients peace of mind, by assuring their satisfaction is his top priority. It's Wade's wide-spread knowledge and versatility within the construction industry, that make him an essential asset to any projectRecent Review:We priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to othersChris T.
- Business Description:Providing Land Surveying Services to the Bay Area Since 1975
- Business Description:small personal firm with 3 family employees - 40 years of experience (from small jobs to transportation infrastructure level) , Professionally Licensed for 22 years, quality cost effective services
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Union City
- East Palo Alto
- Palo Alto
- Mountain View
- San Lorenzo
- Menlo Park
- Redwood City
- Castro Valley
- Santa Clara
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- San Leandro
- Foster City
- San Carlos
- San Ramon
- Portola Valley
land surveyors in Newark
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California
- BLS Surveying & Mapping1531 Grandview Ave
- Brickhouse Construction, Inc.2964 Hillsdale Dr.
Pleasant Hill, California
- Bright Eagles Construction10381 Singleton Rd
San Jose, California
- Buhler Construction Company3614 16th St. #1
San Francisco, California
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California
- JAMES P TANNER
- Monument Land Surveying6660 Lone Tree Way
- Monument Land Surveying
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Practical RealityPO Box 2594
Mill Valley, California
- Practical Reality
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying