Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Saratoga, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Saratoga
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Vegvary Land SurveyingWe needed our lot surveyed in preparation for building a house. Don was recommended and with a phone call we set up the job. He arrived on time, conferred with both me and the architect, got the field work done in a day and three days later we had the results. Very professional and pleasant to work with
- Asbuilt Services - MidWestASBUILT SERVICES DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL AND ON TIME. DRAWINGS WERE COMPLETED OF THE ENTIRE PROPERTY ALONG WITH HOUSE MEASUREMENTS. I NEEDED TO HIRE THIS SERVICE (WHICH WAS EXPENSIVE) BECAUSE NO FLOOR PLANS WERE AVAILABLE DUE TO THE AGE OF THE HOUSE. THE CITY WOULD NOT APPROVE ANY HOUSE MODIFICATIONS WITHOUT EXISTING CONDITIONS
- Jaeson Mackura HandymanJaeson Mackura Handyman is very punctual, he is very knowledge, skilled, he communicates well, his work is excellent, he is very good at problem solving and he returns phone calls and I have been very happy with his work. His prices are reasonable.
- LEA & SUNG ENGINEERINGWE ARE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO US BY LEA & SUNG ENGINEERING. THEY RESPONDED EFFECTIVELY TO OUR NEED FOR ACCURATE DATA WITHIN AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF TIME.
- JAMES P TANNERJames went way beyond the call of duty to eliminate this requirement due to additional fees that it would cost us ($800), but to no avail. Great guy and service. Highly recommended.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey came promptly at 8am and spent only about 30 minutes total in the house. I got the official documents via email three days later and in USMail the day after. Fortunately the house's elevation was satisfactory, but in any case the work done was professional and quick. Wade's communications style (mostly via email) is succinct, so don't hesitate to ask questions
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Saratoga
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Find land surveyors in
- Los Gatos,
- Monte Sereno,
- San Jose,
- Santa Clara,
- Los Altos Hills,
- Los Altos,
- Mountain View,
- Boulder Creek,
- La Honda,
- Ben Lomond,
- Portola Valley,
- Palo Alto,
- East Palo Alto,
- Menlo Park,
- Scotts Valley,
- Santa Cruz,
land surveyors in Saratoga
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors1206 S. Amphlett Blvd. Suite 3
San Mateo, California 94402
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land Surveyors
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING