When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Saratoga, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Saratoga
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- JAMES P TANNERI am too far from James normal business locations, so he was not available to actually perform the survey in my city. However, James called me in the evening and conducted a very detailed analysis of my situation over the phone. He proposed a strategy of how to work with the lender, the insurer, city engineers and FEMA to resolve the issue quickly and at minimal cost. The issue of "2009 Digital FEMA maps" is a serious one, with many homeowners affected, paying thousands $ in unnecessary flood insurance. Google "Homeowner finds way to avoid buying flood insurance" for a dire description of the situation, U.S. congress is getting involved. I am glad that through Angie's List, I've got James Tanner consultation on this confusing matter
- Asbuilt Services - MidWestASBUILT SERVICES DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL AND ON TIME. DRAWINGS WERE COMPLETED OF THE ENTIRE PROPERTY ALONG WITH HOUSE MEASUREMENTS. I NEEDED TO HIRE THIS SERVICE (WHICH WAS EXPENSIVE) BECAUSE NO FLOOR PLANS WERE AVAILABLE DUE TO THE AGE OF THE HOUSE. THE CITY WOULD NOT APPROVE ANY HOUSE MODIFICATIONS WITHOUT EXISTING CONDITIONS
- Jacobs Steven H Land SurveyorI was really happy with them. Their price was great and I got a sense that they were a really good company. I think that it was a complicated job because of the nature of land I have but they did a really good job. It took a little longer than I thought it would take but the outcome was great.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI sent Wade an email requesting that they survey one side of my property boundaries. He promptly sent me a price. I sent one additional email clarifying the number of points he would be marking and requesting the date when he could do the work. He clarified which points they would mark and gave me the date. He requested a deposit which I made on his website with my credit card. His crew showed up promptly. They actually arrived a little early but explained they needed to start in the street and wanted to get started before there was a lot of traffic. The promptly went to work and completed work within a few hours. They showed me the property line markers and answered all my questions about the property line location. By end of day they had emailed me a document showing the location of the markers and they also filed with the county. In addition they also mailed me a copy of the documents
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI contacted Wade to see if he'd be able to come out and verify just two of the many corners of my property border. My land is a big lot that borders a good number of smaller lots that curve around it, so there are probably around 10 corners to the property. There was an enormous diseased tree within feet of what we thought was the property line, so, since we just bought the property a few months prior and didn't know about the tree, we wanted to make sure the tree was ours and the cost burden to remove it was ours. I will say that as a new homeowner, this is my first experience with pricing something like this so I did get quite a sticker shock. I wasn't able to get to the pricing stage with other surveyors I contacted because the first two I called were booked out for longer than I had available (I had a notice from the city with a deadline). I thought that $1400 was definitely a lot for marking two spots, but needed to get it done. In a long-ago past life I had a summer job on a surveying crew for road construction, so I know a little bit about what goes into it and I wasn't expecting to pay that much. However, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that it was in the ballpark of a going rate. At the time I was between a rock and hard place finding someone that had the availability, and now that it's said and done and paid I almost wouldn't want to know otherwise. I completely confess my ignorance in this regard. As far as the execution of the work, no complaints at all. He was responsive to my initial inquiry, prompt in scheduling the work, filed records with the city in a timely manner, and gave me the information I was looking for. (The suspense must be killing you - so, yes, the tree was on my property. It was a bummer but I was totally prepared for that outcome, decided to do the survey because the peace of mind was worth it, knowing I wasn't paying thousands to remove the tree if it wasn't my obligation.
Land Surveyors in Saratoga
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:Lillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work withCarolyn Y.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:Human Nature Design & Construction Inc is a design to build and construction firm with a distinguished reputation. Our firm excels in residential and commercial projects. Whether you need help with minor updating, large-scale renovations or new construction, we’ll help you achieve the look you want, on time and within your budgetRecent Review:Wasted time meeting with him. He did not provide the courtesy of a response saying he would or would not quote. That was fine because I gave a deadline for receiving quotes and simply worked with the quotes I did get. However, very unprofessionalJohn S.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..Recent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:Christensen & Plouff Land Surveyors is a family owned and operated, full service land surveying firm providing quality surveying services in the South Bay area. With our knowledgeable staff, state of the art equipment and professional licenses in multiple states we can provide our clients top of the line service, quality and experience. At C.P. Land Surveying we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality product that is completed quickly and cost effectively. Our extensive expertise a..
- Business Description:General Engineering Contractor, General Building Contractor, Hazardous Remediation Contractor
- Business Description:HGTV Designer/Landscaper. Designed and installed gardens for HGTV on primetime show "Landscape Smart". Office in Los Gatos, CA. All aspects of landscape design, installation and maintenance. High quality, custom craftsman-quality workRecent Review:I cannot recommend this contractor. The contractor did not complete the job in a timely manner and the cost of the project was approximately 20% over the estimated cost. Even after final payment invoices were received and paid, additional invoices were forwarded for payment so it was difficult to follow when this project was finally billed in full. Very poor organization skills and time managementIrma B.
- Business Description:Wade's ability to solve and execute a diverse set of obstacles, guarantees customers successful job completion. He gives clients peace of mind, by assuring their satisfaction is his top priority. It's Wade's wide-spread knowledge and versatility within the construction industry, that make him an essential asset to any projectRecent Review:We priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to othersChris T.
- Business Description:HortScience, Inc. provides consulting services in horticulture, arboriculture and urban forestry. The scope of our projects ranges from pre-development tree surveys to plant problem diagnosis and applied research. Since 1983, HortScience has served clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, the United States and abroad. These include state, local and federal government, public agencies and institutions, and commercial clients such as development professionals, engineers, architects, l..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Los Gatos
- Monte Sereno
- San Jose
- Santa Clara
- Los Altos Hills
- Los Altos
- Mountain View
- Boulder Creek
- La Honda
- Ben Lomond
- Portola Valley
- Palo Alto
- East Palo Alto
- Menlo Park
- Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz
land surveyors in Saratoga
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Accurate Land Solutions1271 Washington Ave, #533
San Leandro, California
- Accurate Land Solutions
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- Edmundson Land Surveying20 S. Santa Cruz Avenue #300
Los Gatos, California
- Edmundson Land Surveying
- Foresight Land Surveying1537 Franklin Street Suite 102
San Francisco, California
- Foresight Land Surveying
- IGATOOLBENDER293 Bernal Rd
San Jose, California
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California
- JAMES P TANNER
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying3391 Mission Drive
Santa Cruz, California
- Kevin Smith Land Surveying
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Practical RealityPO Box 2594
Mill Valley, California
- Practical Reality
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying721 Tuolumne St
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying