Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Fremont, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Fremont
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- LEA & SUNG ENGINEERINGWE ARE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO US BY LEA & SUNG ENGINEERING. THEY RESPONDED EFFECTIVELY TO OUR NEED FOR ACCURATE DATA WITHIN AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF TIME.
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.I liked Wilson Land Surveys Inc. He was good. His price came in better than anybody else's. He did the work. He was a good guy.
- JAMES P TANNERI live in a flood zone with an unknown base flood elevation (Zone A) and consequently I have exorbitant flood insurance rates. Jim Tanner came highly recommended so I called him and he was immediately helpful. He spoke to me without commitment over the phone for about 15 minutes, explaining the technical nuances and my alternatives. He assured me that there was a good probability I could get my rates reduced with a proper survey. He told me not to waste my money in other ways. In addition, he said that his services would be free if I didn't get a substantial reduction in my insurance rates! My only criticism is that he's so busy it's hard to get him to come to your property. We set up a date which he couldn't make because he ran out of time doing other work, and we had to reset the date to the following week. He is, however, generally very easy to reach by phone and is a great guy, easy to talk to. Once he came by he was very efficient and did the survey, explaining all the numbers and giving me all the documentation. Highly recommended
- Vegvary Land SurveyingHe was professional and prompt. He was able to get us into his schedule quickly. I was very comfortable working with him. He was from the area, so that was nice, too. Everyone was happy with his accurate assessment.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
- JAMES P TANNERWow! I called to get a price for some survey work and Mr. Tanner talked to me for 15 minutes to get an understanding of my very difficult problem. He was so helpful, gave me lots of advice and explained the building codes as they apply to my unique situation. In the end, he recommended against doing a survey at this time and offered his services at a later date. He just saved me hundreds of dollars. Thanks for your honesty and help Mr. Tanner
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Fremont
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Find land surveyors in
- Union City,
- East Palo Alto,
- Mountain View,
- Castro Valley,
- Palo Alto,
- San Ramon,
- San Lorenzo,
- Santa Clara,
- San Leandro,
- Menlo Park,
- Redwood City,
- Los Altos,
- Los Altos Hills,
- Foster City,
- San Carlos
land surveyors in Fremont
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Carnes & Associates9505 Sugar Babe Dr
Gilroy, California 95020
- Carnes & Associates
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- JAMES P TANNER552 BEAN CREEK RD #155
Scotts Valley, California 95066
- JAMES P TANNER
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING15015 Los Gatos Blvd
Los Gatos, California 95032
- NATURAL BRIDGES LANDSCAPING
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC7886 Ney Ave
Oakland, California 94605
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC
- Vegvary Land Surveying3527 Mount Diablo Blvd # 368
Lafayette, California 94549
- Vegvary Land Surveying